Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 9 Test needs to be fixed.

(XBOX)Madinogi

ok, I don't really know why you say the ai is buggy, it's actually kinda dumb. I mean, you can kill someone like 2 meters behind them and they will not even hear you. I failed this test once, just watch what the guards do and then plan acordingly. By the way, I did this with Mesa and a Dragon Nikana, didn't use the towers or some other trick, I just waited behind cover, then run behind them and pressed "E". 

29 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:
  Reveal hidden contents

yf1La9O.jpg

No Banshee, no gunblade, no glaive, not hard.

It really is a case of practicing. As a tip however you can hit the targets through walls. As an example the ones on platforms up high can in fact be hit by air melee through the floor.

Wrong test buddy. do your research first on what people are talking about. 

1 minute ago, Urabask said:

This sounds more like you just need to mod your redeemer better.  Potato it and make sure you have reach/primed reach on it.

i shouldnt have to mod it for a @(*()$ stealth test when hitting a enemy while being undetected should be a OHKO or at-least do a significant amount of damage.

honestly they need to just redo this test and MR19 if thats the same to someone more worth it. 

seriously it wants me to do a test for something your never actually going to do in the rest of the game because nothing in the game actually works like the MR9 test. 

the timers on the Spy and Rescue missions are so laughably easy to beat. that they might as well not even be their. and loki and ivara just trivialise it.

why doesn't the test actually test me on something thats actually some thats required in the normal game. i remember that test where you follow and shoot a glowing orb. like What?

hell how about they change the test to something thats used in the raids. or in eidolon hunts. or operator tests. more useful and makes more sense then this horribly made test. 

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Madinogi said:

i shouldnt have to mod it for a @(*()$ stealth test when hitting a enemy while being undetected should be a OHKO or at-least do a significant amount of damage.

honestly they need to just redo this test and MR19 if thats the same to someone more worth it. 

seriously it wants me to do a test for something your never actually going to do in the rest of the game because nothing in the game actually works like the MR9 test. 

the timers on the Spy and Rescue missions are so laughably easy to beat. that they might as well not even be their. and loki and ivara just trivialise it.

why doesn't the test actually test me on something thats actually some thats required in the normal game. i remember that test where you follow and shoot a glowing orb. like What?

hell how about they change the test to something thats used in the raids. or in eidolon hunts. or operator tests. more useful and makes more sense then this horribly made test. 

Pfffft.

Redeemer+Banshee is a borderline exploit people use to circumvent the proper way of finishing the test.  You are basically complaining that the easy way out isn't easy enough for you. 

Heck, if you don't have the mods you just have to get a bit closer to the mobs to deal with the damage fall off redeemer has at range.

Edited by Urabask

1 hour ago, Cryptix123 said:

Melee is silent though. Movement apparently is not.

Melee is silent when you stab directly into the model with finishers. If you arbitrary hit stuff, they alert enemies nearby, specially if you slam the ground or hit walls/caches,

I have no issue doing this test as Trinity with a Nikana.

Glave might be hitting things and in turn alerting enemies so stop using it.

Just because you don't know how to stealth kill does not mean it is bugged.

It is not timed last I checked so just wait for targets to be alone and stab them in the back.

Also you might bring enemy radar if you are trying to keep track of where enemeis are.

Loki and Ivara are also easy mode.

Edited by Brorelia

in case no one has said anything about it, if you dual-weild a singlepistol and a glaive, you can throw it with a guaranteed auto-headshot, with finisher damage increases it becomes a oneshot for most enemies even in the upper 60's i believe. you need to throw it when the curcular bar (now three lines in charge throw mode) line up correctly, it'll take a bit of practice but going into a spy mission and practicing on the enemies there should give you more than enough.

sorry  for broken as hell english, im goin to bed XD

10 minutes ago, Arcanolath said:

in case no one has said anything about it, if you dual-weild a singlepistol and a glaive, you can throw it with a guaranteed auto-headshot, with finisher damage increases it becomes a oneshot for most enemies even in the upper 60's i believe. you need to throw it when the curcular bar (now three lines in charge throw mode) line up correctly, it'll take a bit of practice but going into a spy mission and practicing on the enemies there should give you more than enough.

sorry  for broken as hell english, im goin to bed XD

I mean, you can't dual-wield in this test since it's melee only, but whatever.

I'll admit this test gave me quite a bit of frustration. I spent several hours practicing in Larunda for this. Glaives were a bit too unreliable and I didn't have a gunblade, so in the end I just went with a polearm (good 'ol Orthos P) and learned the enemy's patterns.
I know you mentioned not wanting responses telling you to "git gud", but as several people already pointed out it really is just that. These tests are meant to asses your ability to analyze and adapt to a situation and use whatever tools you have around you to be successful. If you had bothered practicing in the relays and learning the enemy routes in there, you wouldn't have had to deal with the 24 hour waits (well, nothing can be done about the controller issues).
I'm glad you were able to complete this test and I'm sorry it left you feeling so sore, but I hope you take this as a lesson. Always practice the MR tests before taking them multiple times, even if it seems trivial, and study it. That way you'll know how to deal with whatever "variables" it throws at you. Trust me, you'll need it for MR 19.
I truly do understand your frustrations, but it seems like most of the issues you described were of your own creation, whether through impatience or frustration. Hopefully at least a few of these tips will manage to help you later on.

Edited by Xenotater

4 hours ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

it would have been better if we could use all weapons rather than just melees. OR use our abilities. Ash's smokescreen could mop the floor with this test 

Some people clearly dont understand why is it "A TEST"

I am rank 12 now and I don't even remember MR9. The only test that was hard for me to master was rank 11 which I had to do about 6 times... but not because it is broken but because I sucked at parcours. Not anymore. I don't know if this works for everyone the way it works for me but these test acutally make me a better player over time because they force me to go out of my ways to solve problems which I usually do by either mindcontrolling the enemies or put up iron skin and shoot everything.^^

In my case these tests do what they are supposed to do. And so far I have not encountered a single one that was faulty by design. It was my playstyle that was at fault until I was able to adjust.

i failed on the last stage a couple times, the answer is practice at relay and learn the pattern. did it with mag, cant remember my weapon. but definitely not a redeemer. i dont encounter a bug tho, just sneaking around behind pillars and walla, its done. although tbh, i need 2 days to finish this S#&$.

Edited by tomoebi

Personally, I was able to finally beat it with a glaive  (I didn't throw it tho, I wasn't cool enough) with enemy radar and lots of patience. And practice.

However, if it's bugging out consistently, then send a support ticket and hope they auto pass you or something I dunno

EDIT: wait I'm an idiot I read your post and you said you passed it already, nevermind 

Edited by Burned-Toast
well i'll be!

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)Madinogi said:

Attempt 1. using Glaive prime. Throws the glaive. dings off the block infront of the target. even tho i clearly aimed at the guy. Target hears the glaive and i get detected. 
 - I'm alerted when glaives zing past my head by enemies I don't originally see - why shouldn't the enemies be? Further more using glaives and redeemers is borderline exploitative.  - User Error

Attempt 2.
Same thing as attempt 1.

-Yup See attempt 1 explanation

Attempt 3. 
Throws glaive. misses the target but apparently alerts him. 

-See attempt 1 explanation

try 2. 

Attempt 1.
kills the first guy. proceeds to kill the second. goes to kill third guy. Gets spotted even tho i 20ms away. 

- How far can you see them? Learn their patterns. they are very repetitive. So you can know exactly where everyone on the map is facing at anytime. - user error

attempt 2. 
walks up to the first guy to kill him. Gets spotted. Apparently he has a eye at the back of his head. 

-Did you one shot him? Are you sure he was the one who spotted you? - sounds like user error to me.

attempt 3.
controller cuts out making me stand up and getting spotted. 

- Wait, DE should know your controller is flaky? - user equipment error

Try 3. 

this time with Redeemer and Banshee

Attempt 1.
kills first 2 guys, shoots 3rd guy. Does half his health. Detected. 

-Yes in stealth you generally need to one shot them. User error.

attempt 2. 
Spawns in Character immediately Shoots off her redeemer without my imput. apparently alerting the first guy. 

- While possible, I find it exceptionally unlikely your character fired with no input from you or your controller. Given your controller already cut out, are you sure you don't have equipment problems? Or stress-induced hand cramps LOL

attempt 3. passes first 2 stages. clears out 3 of them. shoots 4th guy. does a quarter of his health. doesnt get detected. ends up falling off the platform and dying. so i take it. and proceeds to kill the last 2 guys thus completing the test. 

- Ah here we have the only place I actually agree should have been fixed. You should have failed this test as well for not killing that 4th guy in one shot.

TL;DR;

It looks like you need to master stealth