The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When we will be able to choose login day reward path ?

GspotPRO

4 minutes ago, MickThejaguar said:

No. It doesn't. The only thing that changes is the order in which everything is acquired. It does not change how fast you get everything.

The order that you get it is what matters. Currently if somebody has the sigma and octantis then you know that they have been playing for close to 2 years, but with this new system that weapon will mean absolutely nothing.

Edited by (XB1)ultimategamerjr

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

I'd like to see how you'd feel if the roles were reversed. if there was an item that you cared about, like a new warframe, locked behind a 300 day logins, while someone else already has it. Just because you got to warframe sooner than others does not make you a special snowflake, and longing in to warframe for 800 days is not that hard of a task so you really wouldn't be wronged.

People are just salty because they'll lose their barging rights. The same goes for the vandal items (braton and lato). People are selfish, denying items to others for no real reason.

1 minute ago, PakkiTheDog said:

I'd like to see how you'd feel if the roles were reversed. if there was an item that you cared about, like a new warframe, locked behind a 300 day logins, while someone else already has it. Just because you got to warframe sooner than others does not make you a special snowflake, and longing in to warframe for 800 days is not that hard of a task so you really wouldn't be wronged.

People are just salty because they'll lose their barging rights. The same goes for the vandal items (braton and lato). People are selfish, denying items to others for no real reason.

spot on mate !

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

The order that you get it is what matters. Currently if somebody has the sigma and octantis then you know that they have been playing for close to 2 years, but with this new system that weapons will mean absolutely nothing.

I've entertained this idea for long enough and I think it's stupid. Daily Tribute in my opinion is not meant to serve as a bragging badge to show other players, but rather it's meant to reward an individual player for consistently logging in. It's not meant to be a bragging badge, otherwise DE would not think about changing it. (The same way they haven't changed anything about the founder's pack. You know, an actual deserved bragging right).

Edited by MickThejaguar

3 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

I truly wouldn't care. Currently Excalibur Prime is locked away because I wasn't playing Warframe on PC at the time, but I'm not mad about that. I would also be okay with both braton and lato vandal never coming back (Even though I don't have them). They are there to thank the veterans of warframe, and they should stay that way.

7 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

And I'd bet plenty of the people who want login rewards to stay the same have spent some time asking for beta vandals to be reintroduced.

2 minutes ago, MickThejaguar said:

Daily Tribute in my opinion is not meant to serve as a bragging to show other players, but rather it's meant to reward an individual player for consistently logging in.

This is exactly the purpose of these kinds of systems.

Edited by Aggh

1 hour ago, GspotPRO said:

Few month ago they told us on dev steam that we will be able to choose login reward path which 50 day reward we want but we didn't get any update regarding that since then . I would love to know if we getting that any time soon .

DE busy on Valentine's Day. 

One of the reason, I believe this below:-

It happens, some people are just lucky.

Be careful, what you wish for!. :highfive:

giphy.gif

Edited by IIWingSaberII

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Currently if somebody has the sigma and octantis then you know that they have been playing for close to 2 years, but with this new system that weapon will mean absolutely nothing.

The disconnect between you and all the other posters is having the S&O is already means nothing.  No one cares that you or I logged into the game for 2+ years. 

The solution is simple though.  DE just needs to add console / steam achievements for logins of 250, 500, 750, 1000, etc days.  Then you can measure your e-peen by your trophy list instead of your arsenal.

Hopefully NEVER!!! I’m sick of these people who been playing Warframe for 2 months thinking they deserve a Zenistar! Its one of the strongest weapons on this game and shouldn’t be handed to someone with 100 Log in days. You want the weapon then u should actually stick around long enough to get it. People want everything handed to them for no work.

I think it's disrespectful. I did the time, why do you get to cut in line? Why do you feel that you deserve something at 100 days when it took another person 500?

I saw this mentality kill Destiny. Kids whined about how hard raids and trials of osiris were, so they made it that anyone could get the rewards if at least one person in their clan cleared the activity. Whatever happened to being rewarded for time and actual effort? DE, if you're reading this, what are you teaching these kids? Are you telling them that as long as they get their parents to shell out money like ATMs they're entitled to everything? Why not let them get MR30 on day 50? Just give it to them!

I feel both sides of this debate have valid points, so won't get drawn in to any of the rights and wrongs stated here (though I will admit, I did on a previous post)

I will instead point out one way the proposed change will negatively affect those who have logged in nearly every day since this systems start.

Players not at the peak of logins will be able to choose what they want.

Players at the top end of the scale will have no choice and have to take whatever is next, because at the top end of the scale, there is only the next reward.

Not much consequence really, but while newer players will have free choice of a fancy weapon, or prime mod, or what ever they want, those at the top will likely have to wait through some reactor/affinity booster bundle (which will likely be totally useless cos they won't have any need of them) a cosmetic and maybe something else before they get the chance to get another weapon with unique mechanic from everything else in game that they already have and anyone can get.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I think it's disrespectful. I did the time, why do you get to cut in line? Why do you feel that you deserve something at 100 days when it took another person 500?

I saw this mentality kill Destiny. Kids whined about how hard raids and trials of osiris were, so they made it that anyone could get the rewards if at least one person in their clan cleared the activity. Whatever happened to being rewarded for time and actual effort? DE, if you're reading this, what are you teaching these kids? Are you telling them that as long as they get their parents to shell out money like ATMs they're entitled to everything? Why not let them get MR30 on day 50? Just give it to them!

What are you on?

It's just rewards for logging in. Most people check MR or profiles to check how long a person has played, not what gear they have.

It hurts nobody, I think a path based choice would be welcome.

1 hour ago, (PS4)TriggaMan3100 said:

Hopefully NEVER!!! I’m sick of these people who been playing Warframe for 2 months thinking they deserve a Zenistar! Its one of the strongest weapons on this game and shouldn’t be handed to someone with 100 Log in days. You want the weapon then u should actually stick around long enough to get it. People want everything handed to them for no work.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

So I assume both of you are fine with never getting lato or braton vandal, right?  Or does your righteousness only extend as far as stuff you already have?

Alright, so you've been at your job for 25 years and are up for a promotion; you've been an outstanding employee. Now your boss decides to give your promotion to me who has only been at the company for a year; the boss gives me the position because s/he can pay me less, because I have less experience.

Another hypothetical scenario, DE has a special reward for any player that reaches 100,000 headshots, but I only have 5000 and want the reward right now; you, on the other hand, have 100,000 headshots which took you time and effort to achieve. Should DE change the requirements to 5000 headshots just to appease me?

Yet another scenario, but real this time, Hema research. Do you think DE should have decreased the mutagen sample cost after many clans had already toughed it out and put in the work?

Yet another, I'm standing in line at the ice cream parlor and am about to be the 1 millionth customer, but you want to be the 1 millionth customer even though you are customer #1,000,011; should the store owner then change the rewarding circumstance to customer #1,000,011?

I did not contribute (well didn't know the game existed at the time) to the Founders program; therefore, I do not deserve the rewards from the founders program. I wish I could have Excalibur Prime, but it would be completely disrespectful and unjust to actual founders if DE were to allow the rest of us to have those rewards.

Lato & Braton Vandal were for closed beta testers, I just read on the Wiki, I don't care if we never get them.  I'm happy as long as I have items for mastery.

This is really about entitlement and a generation that doesn't understand the relation between reward and merit. I want to be as rich as Bill Gates, but it's too hard for me to come up with an earth-shattering product; so why not redistribute Gates' money into my bank account? Why should only the person that puts in the work be rewarded?

47 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Alright, so you've been at your job for 25 years and are up for a promotion; you've been an outstanding employee. Now your boss decides to give your promotion to me who has only been at the company for a year; the boss gives me the position because s/he can pay me less, because I have less experience.

Another hypothetical scenario, DE has a special reward for any player that reaches 100,000 headshots, but I only have 5000 and want the reward right now; you, on the other hand, have 100,000 headshots which took you time and effort to achieve. Should DE change the requirements to 5000 headshots just to appease me?

Yet another scenario, but real this time, Hema research. Do you think DE should have decreased the mutagen sample cost after many clans had already toughed it out and put in the work?

Yet another, I'm standing in line at the ice cream parlor and am about to be the 1 millionth customer, but you want to be the 1 millionth customer even though you are customer #1,000,011; should the store owner then change the rewarding circumstance to customer #1,000,011?

I did not contribute (well didn't know the game existed at the time) to the Founders program; therefore, I do not deserve the rewards from the founders program. I wish I could have Excalibur Prime, but it would be completely disrespectful and unjust to actual founders if DE were to allow the rest of us to have those rewards.

Lato & Braton Vandal were for closed beta testers, I just read on the Wiki, I don't care if we never get them.  I'm happy as long as I have items for mastery.

This is really about entitlement and a generation that doesn't understand the relation between reward and merit. I want to be as rich as Bill Gates, but it's too hard for me to come up with an earth-shattering product; so why not redistribute Gates' money into my bank account? Why should only the person that puts in the work be rewarded?

You logged in, it was hardly "work".

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Currently, the login rewards are the only obtainable way to show that you have been playing the game for a long time. People being able to get like the new syandana that I will be getting soon, after it took so long to get after 50 days would just be insulting. And, I have currently only haven't played/logged in for two days since the login system came out

LUL

Never mind those of us who were playing for years before the system was implemented with no compensation. Never mind people who play infrequently for large blocks of time. People who play for ten minutes every day uber alles!

Il y a 5 heures, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr a dit :

Hopefully never, they should just scrap that idea because it just punishes people that have been playing for that long.

i playing for long with my main account (5 year when the next anniversarry come) and in my second account i'm only at 390 day only because i don't play each day but by period so your argument is invalide (my first account is at 112 day)

So with your fact with my 5000+ hours of warframe does't merit the 600 day connection only because i play by perdiod ??? it's S#&$ty concept

Edited by Wind_Blade

9 minutes ago, tyrannicaltyrant said:

You logged in, it was hardly "work".

On the contrary, I didn't just log-in, I showed dedication.

When I first saw the Zenistar, I just had to have it. I didn't come to the forum and whine that x-amount of days was too long or hard, I made sure I got those days in so that I could have my dang Zenistar.

11 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

LUL

Never mind those of us who were playing for years before the system was implemented with no compensation. Never mind people who play infrequently for large blocks of time. People who play for ten minutes every day uber alles!

I agree people who were playing before the system was implemented should have received "time served."

However, your assumption that the people who have logged-in for a large amount of days are 10 minute wonders is wrong. I've got over 3500 hours invested into this game. I think I've done the hop on to log-in and then log-off thing maybe 5 times. I truly enjoy this game; it is pure gold for those of us who started gaming when Atari was introduced.

Not one person has presented a compelling reason why this new "skip to the finish line" system should be implemented. If you are busy IRL, have your brother, sister, mother, father, etc., someone you trust, to log-in for you. There's only a few situations in real life in which I would advocate rewarding something without regard for merit; for instance, healthcare for children.

Using the distorted logic I'm witnessing on this thread, the next time there's an event requiring clans to reach a certain goal and I fail, DE should just cave in, placate me and give me the dang trophy or Ignis Wraith BP in my dojo because the event was too hard.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

On the contrary, I didn't just log-in, I showed dedication.

When I first saw the Zenistar, I just had to have it. I didn't come to the forum and whine that x-amount of days was too long or hard, I made sure I got those days in so that I could have my dang Zenistar.

I agree people who were playing before the system was implemented should have received "time served."

However, your assumption that the people who have logged-in for a large amount of days are 10 minute wonders is wrong. I've got over 3500 hours invested into this game. I think I've done the hop on to log-in and then log-off thing maybe 5 times. I truly enjoy this game; it is pure gold for those of us who started gaming when Atari was introduced.

Not one person has presented a compelling reason why this new "skip to the finish line" system should be implemented. If you are busy IRL, have your brother, sister, mother, father, etc., someone you trust, to log-in for you. There's only a few situations in real life in which I would advocate rewarding something without regard for merit; for instance, healthcare for children.

Using the distorted logic I'm witnessing on this thread, the next time there's an event requiring clans to reach a certain goal and I fail, DE should just cave in, placate me and give me the dang trophy or Ignis Wraith BP in my dojo because the event was too hard.

Because you're not skipping to the end. You still have to put in the same amount of days.

Blame DE for locking Primed Fury and Primed Shred behind it. If they hadn't done that I seriously doubt there would have been anywhere near enough pressure to warrant changing the system.

I wouldn't mind it i'd honestly be looking forward to it. People who are eyeing the zenith or something won't have to wallow in despair over having to just wait 500 days. This is the thing logging in isn't really a sign of dedication it's just a 10 second checkmark you nab every day. Like i'd possibly see the reasoning if these rewards were more based on hours played but this? You just pop in a sec and out. Not exactly a tough achievement that shows dedication and is worth bragging over. (for the record i'm like 560 or w/e days)

Hopefully never, they should just scrap that idea because it just punishes people that have been playing for that long.

This. I agree with this 

5 hours ago, Kiwinille said:

How exactly? People who pick a path will take the same amount of time to achieve all the rewards as someone who did it with the old(current) way, years.

I have logged in now for about 750 ish days. If they suddenly change the system, then people will be able to easily get the 800 day reward after only 50. This is massively punishing to me since I've worked my butt off to get close to 800 and I'm still going

5 hours ago, Rabbid- said:

Just keep it the way it is, new players are just complaining to get zenistar 

This

5 hours ago, aligatorno said:

They can't punish you. You already have/had the items and used them. Punishmen requires you to be directly affected, to lose something, it certainly does not mean others getting the same things faster. 

You can say that it's unfair, but not "punishing".

It does punish those who logged in for a long time. Why can't the game keep any exclusives? These are one set of exclusives that should remain exclusive to the time lock

Currently, the login rewards are the only obtainable way to show that you have been playing the game for a long time. People being able to get like the new syandana that I will be getting soon, after it took so long to get after 50 days would just be insulting. And, I have currently only haven't played/logged in for two days since the login system came out

Agreed

5 hours ago, MickThejaguar said:

Here's the problem with this mentality: People will still have to wait the exact same amount of time to get everything. The only difference is that people will be able to get the things they want sooner and can get the rewards they don't want later. You're not gonna see a player with only 50 days logged in who has the Zenistar, the Azima and the Sigma/Octantis. In order for someone to get everything they'll still have to wait the exact same amount of time. So it still doesn't effect you.

It does, because we logged in an extra long duration to get the zenistar. If new players only logged in for 50 days and got the zenistar I would feel like the whole thing was a waste of time and effort to log in. Why would I now, since to get that cool exclusive weapon, it's no longer hundreds of days, it's only 50. That would annoy me

4 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

needs to happen really. those that think otherwise are just acting entitled. bah.

and where the heck are the focus farm changes? they probably forgot about those too....

So? I'm allowed to be entitled. I've been here longer than you. I've logged in now for 750 ish days. I deserve those exclusive weapons, mods and sigils whilst you do not. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Another solution: remove login rewards (or daily tributes or whatever you want to call them) from the game completely. If you need a reward for logging into a game, and the reward isn't playing the game itself, maybe you need to re-evaluate how much you enjoy playing it.

Wow, so punish the people that followed the reward system offered by the devs. Those of us that were like, "Zenistar requires 300 days of log-in, okay, I'll put in 300 days of log-ins." are now the bad guys, that require log-in rewards; even though none of us were responsible for the system's implementation in the first place.

Really? You're going to go there? I could argue from the opposite end that if you need to whine about logging into a game for x-amount of days, then maybe you're the one that should re-evaluate how much you enjoy playing it.

Like I've said, not one compelling argument FOR this system change. This all about people that want to get rewards passively from a game they probably only play a couple hours per week. Some of us enjoy it enough that we were willing to put in the time to earn those special rewards. Good luck getting A's from your teachers and raises from your bosses just because you want it and doing the work or putting in the actual effort is just too hard.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

Wow, so punish the people that followed the reward system offered by the devs. Those of us that were like, "Zenistar requires 300 days of log-in, okay, I'll put in 300 days of log-ins." are now the bad guys, that require log-in rewards; even though none of us were responsible for the system's implementation in the first place.

Really? You're going to go there? I could argue from the opposite end that if you need to whine about logging into a game for x-amount of days, then maybe you're the one that should re-evaluate how much you enjoy playing it.

Like I've said, not one compelling argument FOR this system change. This all about people that want to get rewards passively from a game they probably only play a couple hours per week. Some of us enjoy it enough that we were willing to put in the time to earn those special rewards. Good luck getting A's from your teachers and raises from your bosses just because you want it and doing the work or putting in the actual effort is just too hard.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Another solution: remove login rewards (or daily tributes or whatever you want to call them) from the game completely. If you need a reward for logging into a game, and the reward isn't playing the game itself, maybe you need to re-evaluate how much you enjoy playing it.