Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tankiest Warframe in the game.

(XBOX)janglesthemonke

I'd go inaros with negation swarm personally, with primed vigor he's got like 6k health lol. 

Negation swarm not only gives additional armour but it also takes a hit for status effects like blast or toxin etc.  Combine with a life steal weapon and rage and you get synergy of health and energy too without needing to use the abilities to get health back. 

You could also say oberon with a phoenix renewal build could be seen as quite tanky too.

Some might say valkyr, rhino and chroma definitely would have been on there prior to the rework as well.

Nidus, Atlas, Inaros, Gara, Mesa, and Zephyr come to mind, Gara, Mesa And Zeph all have abilities that reduce incoming damage by like 90%. Atlas can now self heal and have a 1.5k armor bonus constantly, nidus as you said, and inaros self heal.

I am not including rhino as his lack of an actual armor increase causes him to lose efficiency at higher levels. Despite being considered the tank, Atlas surpasses him in every way.

Edited by ARES9519

9 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Rhino has the highest theoretical tank level compared to all other frames, but in a more realistic scenario it is split between Rhino, Nidus, Inaros, Valkyr, and Wukong.

That said, Rhino is also the best in that list at buffing damage, so his overall value as a tank is high.

I'd consider Rhino more of a bruiser than an outright tank. If we're talking base kits of course. His augment gives him the most potential for armor, but personally I'd say Inaros is the better tank. Rhino is more like Chroma in terms of being a self sufficient bruiser than being an aggro tank.

4 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

I'd consider Rhino more of a bruiser than an outright tank. If we're talking base kits of course. His augment gives him the most potential for armor, but personally I'd say Inaros is the better tank. Rhino is more like Chroma in terms of being a self sufficient bruiser than being an aggro tank.

I can agree with that, not the armor though. Atlas ha s a base armor of 450, even rhino prime only has 270. Rhino has a very special place, i feel he almost always falls in as support damage. Its rare for him to be used for tank/bruiser since others can do so much better

Nearly any frame with a maxed out Vazarin Focus school. So long as you aren't one shot.

More seriously, I think it depends where you are in the star char/sortie.  For me, Rhino is still my go to tank.  Iron skin and done. Refresh it between 35-25 remaining and you will easily have a 0% damage taken.  Nezha can do this as well if you know where some 'bottomless' pits are.

For more serious tanking, I go with Inaros with his Swarm Augment (preventing status effects is important in tanking) and Vazarin.  You have tons of health, armor and won't be bothered by pesky knockdowns.  Plus, you don't have to worry about actually having energy if that is an issue.  It works against harder content than Rhino's tanking, but requires more maintenance something I don't want in a tank if I can avoid it.

2 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

If we are talking base kits, then technically Valkyr or Wukong would be the strongest, because both can just say "I'm invincible right now, sorry" to the enemies and ignore them.

Both Inaros and Rhino need their augments to become good at tanking, though Inaros is slightly more usable than Rhino without augments. But, if you compare it to Valkyr, who can just become immune to everything for ~30 seconds with a proper build, both Rhino and Inaros fall short.

I mean, even a Corrupted Rhino with augments charging through 20 enemies has a finite amount of damage he can take, while a max-efficiency Valkyr or even Assimilate Nyx has a theoretically infinite amount of damage she can take, assuming she has enough energy orbs dropping.

So yeah, base kits put Inaros above Rhino, but also puts Valkyr and Nyx above that in terms of survival time against dangerous enemies.

Just now, chainchompguy3 said:

(Considering "Tankiness" as just sheer survival time/durability)

Without abilities, Inaros, by far.

With abilities, Wukong seems to take the cake by simply becoming invulnerable every time he would die. Complete immunity to damage at a very manageable cost.

There are lots of runner-ups, though.

But wukong has that 10-11 thing. Unlike valkyr.

5 minutes ago, ARES9519 said:

I can agree with that, not the armor though. Atlas ha s a base armor of 450, even rhino prime only has 270. Rhino has a very special place, i feel he almost always falls in as support damage. Its rare for him to be used for tank/bruiser since others can do so much better

Clearly you have never used his Ironclad Charge build. He can gain an Iron Skin value of over 50k with relative ease, and can squeeze out even more if he takes time to set it up.

Wukong can take an infinite amount of damage, but I don't know if I'd class any frame as a quintessential 'Tank'.

Tanking classes tend to not only be able to take a lot of damage, but take it for their team as well, generally through aggro drawing. For that reason I occasionally put Guardian Derision on my weapon.

To that end though, I reckon Nyx is one of the better tanks, along with Nidus and Nekros. Nidus is probably the best due to his Maggots having a high threat level and his own ability to survive a high amount of damage.

Edited by DeMonkey

pretty sure Trinity wins with the new arcane guardians...

abilitless though? I think Valkyr wins on account of simply having the most of passivelly achievable armor, which makes each of her hitpoints most valuable, which means the highest possible self healing through outside sources (Life strike, healing return, winds of purity, medi-ray...etc). Inaros might have lot of hp but Valk still out heals him. At range.

Edited by -skimmer-

This is tough because I noticed if you take Nidus and Inaros to Mot, Void..

Inaros wrecks for 2 hours and suddenly it's nearly impossible to keep him alive unless you use Devour over and over, but then the life support starts running out because you're not killing as much.

Nidus can barely get into the door, but if you can stack quickly in the beginning, he could probably remain there for hours.

Ivara for the win?