Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova players

LordPantaloonsthe3rd

Why is it that every Nova player I run into INSISTS on slowing enemies regardless of what level they are, do you really need to slow down lv 30 grineer in a game where the lowest MR rank is 15? or the other day where a nova was slowing lv 14 grineer on a nitain defense alert making it take way longer than it needed to take and acted like a total male genital about it  when I asked them to stop. Now I just want  ditch any lobby I join that has a Nova in it or leave at the first chance when one joins my game to avoid the annoyance. At this point I dont know whats more annoying, nova or limbo or sq banshee.

-end vent-

Most Novas you see will pretty much have no idea on what too do other then build a single slow meta build. Its a sad truth. Rarely see it myself, But then again I rarely hang around in low levels. Also an issue though of the player needing to have Overextended.

Its a player problem though, Not a Nova problem. Nova has all the tools to build in a way that make Defense missions go way faster rather then slower. Just got to use them.

In my case I would at the very least take a neutral build instead of a slow to defense.

19 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

They most probably see/think: Hey, stats over 100% are good, so I go for it

16 minutes ago, W4RM3CH4N1C said:

Same with pretty much anyone who's new to a frame I'd say :)

True. Its a weird mechanic that was originally a bug anyway. and the game does not tell you that of course.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

I suggest going to recuiting tab or with clanmates if you want to control other players tactics or use meta setups. In public matchmaking you are forced to adapt to the teams random setup, or you could rage quit and take a chance on another team. Using a slow effect cc not the fastest tactic but it is 1 of safest.

I'm not wanting to completely control their tactics I just want them to use common sense or to stop being a detriment. And yea slowing is safe but why would you slow enemies on a lv14 mission unless you were deliberately being a jerk, which the person i mentioned in the op was and admitted to it.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

The bug was an enemy speed buff if warframe had less than 100%, the nova player here was using Nova MP as the devs intended.

less then 70% actually.

But yes I know. Its just that for players starting out with Nova and who have not played together with a speed build nova / never looked for information on it will generally not know about the option being available.

giphy.gif

Mmmmm. Yes. Yes. Complain more about Nova. Specify that she annoys you when people use her ult on low level missions. 

Also, you, in the back, could you start another thread about obnoxious whip spin2win mechanics through lowbie Exterminates?

It feels like a cool shower on a muggy summer's day, and the impending complaints about Equinox are the soothing coal tar scented soap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

Why is it that every Nova player I run into INSISTS on slowing enemies regardless of what level they are, do you really need to slow down lv 30 grineer in a game where the lowest MR rank is 15? or the other day where a nova was slowing lv 14 grineer on a nitain defense alert making it take way longer than it needed to take and acted like a total male genital about it  when I asked them to stop. Now I just want  ditch any lobby I join that has a Nova in it or leave at the first chance when one joins my game to avoid the annoyance. At this point I dont know whats more annoying, nova or limbo or sq banshee.

-end vent-

better than having a Limbo lel

(im a Limbo main btw)

12 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

giphy.gif

Mmmmm. Yes. Yes. Complain more about Nova. Specify that she annoys you when people use her ult on low level missions. 

Also, you, in the back, could you start another thread about obnoxious whip spin2win mechanics through lowbie Exterminates?

It feels like a cool shower on a muggy summer's day, and the impending complaints about Equinox are the soothing coal tar scented soap.

I'm glad that you find my complaints so comforting

+1 for con air meme

vor 2 Stunden schrieb LordPantaloonsthe3rd:

-end vent-

Most new Nova players maybe heard of a Slow Nova and a Speed Nova. As Speed Nova isn't very welcome with many runs unless requested, they probably go for Slow Nova (the natural build) most of the time.

But there's a third build: The Balanced Nova
To all new Nova players out there: just add Intensify to a Speed Nova build (max duration plus Overextended). The result: a close to normal movement speed on affected enemies. Nobody will be annoyed by that and all will enjoy the extra damage on top.

Edited by Toran

5 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

I'm glad that you find my complaints so comforting

+1 for con air meme

Oh, sorry! The context here is that DE just gave Ember a nasty nerf to her ulti to prevent people from using her to WOFlstomp low level Fissure missions, because people had complained a lot about it. 

However!

- The ‘fix’ to her doesn’t really solve the specific problem which it was aimed at, as low level wide area stomp Ember can still be achieved with a different build.

- The change is really just a nerf to Ember’s high level CC and not her low level killing ability.

- DE’s stated reasoning is that they want Ember to be a fragile glass cannon, but Ember’s direct caster damage is still pants at high levels, and funnily enough DE are just fine with the existence of Octavia, Mesa, and (ha ha!) Nova, meaning that their mechanical design reasoning looks remarkably two-faced.

- Oh, and now people have seamlessly shifted to making complaints about whip spin2win and Nova, and we expect Equinox to be the next ‘problem Warframe’ the forums demand a solution for.

- tl;dr, stupid bandaid fix to appease shallow complaints with poor mechanical design, so bring out the Novas, the Equinoxes, and the whip macros to face the guillotine, it’s their turn now.

1 minute ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Oh, sorry! The context here is that DE just gave Ember a nasty nerf to her ulti to prevent people from using her to WOFlstomp low level Fissure missions, because people had complained a lot about it. 

However!

- The ‘fix’ to her doesn’t really solve the specific problem which it was aimed at, as low level wide area stomp Ember can still be achieved with a different build.

- The change is really just a nerf to Ember’s high level CC and not her low level killing ability.

- DE’s stated reasoning is that they want Ember to be a fragile glass cannon, but Ember’s direct caster damage is still pants at high levels, and funnily enough DE are just fine with the existence of Octavia, Mesa, and (ha ha!) Nova, meaning that their mechanical design reasoning looks remarkably two-faced.

- Oh, and now people have seamlessly shifted to making complaints about whip spin2win and Nova, and we expect Equinox to be the next ‘problem Warframe’ the forums demand a solution for.

- tl;dr, stupid bandaid fix to appease shallow complaints with poor mechanical design, so bring out the Novas, the Equinoxes, and the whip macros to face the guillotine, it’s their turn now.

ok thats nice but thats not what my complaint is about, the frame is fine and super useful when applied as needed. The unnecesary application that verges on trolling is what I was venting about. Nothing about what I said was asking for a nerf of any kind either, I was just venting about people being well..people.

Seems like you were searching for a "i dun liek dis nerf plis" thread to mine salt on but this one aint it.

3 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Hmmmmmm, wasn't this very thing said in all the other "Nerf Ember" topics before the change?  It was said that nerfing Ember wouldn't solve anything and that another frame or frames would take her place repeating the process until everything is eventually nerfed.  

Funny just how freaking short sighted people can be when complaining and requesting nerfs.  

Not directed at you BWTeeth.  Just making note of something I saw coming a long time back.

12 minutes ago, Toran said:

Most new Nova players maybe heard of a Slow Nova and a Speed Nova. As Speed Nova isn't very welcome with many runs unless requested, they probably go for Slow Nova (the natural build) most of the time.

To all new Nova players out there: just add Intensify to a Speed Nova build (max duration plus Overextended). The result: a close to normal movement speed on affected enemies. Nobody will be annoyed by that and enjoy the extra damage on top.

This. I have 3 builds: Slowva, Balanced and Speed. At least one of the builds can be tweaked accordingly for augments or any additional utility. It took some time for me to learn Nova but I grew to love the little molecule buster - not just because she made tougher enemies easier but because she's versatile and fun once you get an idea of how she works.

17 minutes ago, Toran said:

To all new Nova players out there: just add Intensify to a Speed Nova build (max duration plus Overextended). The result: a close to normal movement speed on affected enemies. Nobody will be annoyed by that and enjoy the extra damage on top.

You can actually go for just a -30% strength overextended (Believe a rank 2 overextended). that will bring you to 70% and the absolute neutral state. With just 1 mod :D

Its my standard pick for Defense unless I'm feeling like taking a risk with a full overextended.

17 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

ok thats nice but thats not what my complaint is about, the frame is fine and super useful when applied as needed. The unnecesary application that verges on trolling is what I was venting about. Nothing about what I said was asking for a nerf of any kind either, I was just venting about people being well..people.

Seems like you were searching for a "i dun liek dis nerf plis" thread to mine salt on but this one aint it.

15 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Hmmmmmm, wasn't this very thing said in all the other "Nerf Ember" topics before the change?  It was said that nerfing Ember wouldn't solve anything and that another frame or frames would take her place repeating the process until everything is eventually nerfed.  

Funny just how freaking short sighted people can be when complaining and requesting nerfs.  

Not directed at you BWTeeth.  Just making note of something I saw coming a long time back.

This is what I meant. It’s a pattern, and a cycle. Ember just about survived a poorly conceived over-nerf which doesn’t even really fix the problem, so now I am dreadfully amused waiting for consensus to find the next ‘problem Warframe’.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Airwolfen:

You can actually go for just a -30% strength overextended (Believe a rank 2 overextended). that will bring you to 70% and the absolute neutral state. With just 1 mod :D

Its my standard pick for Defense unless I'm feeling like taking a risk with a full overextended.

+1
Yes it's rank 2. Same as max Overextended + max Intensify (= -30% strength). Mobs are just slightly faster than normal speed.

If you got the luxury of owning a second Overextended, yours is the better solution. You can replace Intensify with a more utilarian mod then.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb BornWithTeeth:

This is what I meant. It’s a pattern, and a cycle. Ember just about survived a poorly conceived over-nerf which doesn’t even really fix the problem, so now I am dreadfully amused waiting for consensus to find the next ‘problem Warframe’.

In a Hall of Mirrors this might lead to the next rage.