Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we finally get a normal hitbox on Teralyst limbs?

RistN

Can we get a normal,shoot what you see hitbox where actual shot to limbs counts and not some imaginary,seek it with crosshair till you see health bar kind of hitbox we have right now.

Personaly I am very experienced at eidolon hunts and I am doing some fast one-shots because I am used to it but it is kinda giving out the bad impression and impression of some sloppy work done by DE.

If they are too large and too easy too shoot them way they are now,then just make them smaller to compensate.

Hmm. I've never had an issue with this, despite how common it sounds to be. Not that I've really killed all that many of them... It might have a lot to do with weapons... I know the opticor is popular, and the reason IT probably does this is because the weapon's "hitbox" is so big, it impacts something that's NOT the ragnite radiator before actually hitting the weak point. Perhaps the game just stops paying attention to the shot once it's grazed an invincible spot. That's... PROBABLY fixable...? I remember the opposite issue being showcased during the period the arca plasmor was dealing 0 damage on headshots; since the shot hadn't dealt damage yet, it kept trying to check for a valid hit on the enemy, and a huge spray of 0's would pop out of it as it kept hitting the head over and over.

Of course, people probably have had issues with NON-opticor weapons too.

It’s pretty annoying how the hitboxes are on the eidolons. Sometimes i have my void strike charged up, and i would do nothing to their synovias. The fat part of it seems to be mostly air because i would hit it after the shield goes down and i would do no damage until i finally managed to damage it.

21 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

Hmm. I've never had an issue with this, despite how common it sounds to be. Not that I've really killed all that many of them... It might have a lot to do with weapons...

It's very easy to see it.Actual,visual limb doesn't show health bar on all parts of it.Hitbox on Teralyst's arms is on its lower middle part for example.

Also a thing that I didn't mention in original post is If you are trying to shoot,for example,right limbs standing on left side of Teralyst,that is limbs inner side,then hitbox is even worse and even smaller,sometimes even invulnerable ,even tho you have clear shot.This forces us to position to the front or on the side were limbs we are trying to shoot are.

As for weapons, Rubico is widely used and it is accurate,hit scan weapon and it deals with this problem also.So it's not a problem about which weapon you are using.

Edited by RistN

18 hours ago, RistN said:

It's very easy to see it.Actual,visual limb doesn't show health bar on all parts of it.Hitbox on Teralyst's arms is on its lower middle part for example.

Also a thing that I didn't mention in original post is If you are trying to shoot,for example,right limbs standing on left side of Teralyst,that is limbs inner side,then hitbox is even worse and even smaller,sometimes even invulnerable ,even tho you have clear shot.This forces us to position to the front or on the side were limbs we are trying to shoot are.

As for weapons, Rubico is widely used and it is accurate,hit scan weapon and it deals with this problem also.So it's not a problem about which weapon you are using.

Yeah, I stopped using non-hitscan weapons because even a small movement in the joint results often results in nothing but a fountain of zeroes popping up. I just use a Vectis and plink away. 

Finally someone actually beat me to the punch..... DE, plz fix the eidolon hitbox. Aiming at the eidolon weak point is not the problem but there is a bug, which is still persist today, where  you need to adjust your line of sight until you see a yellow health bar before you can fire your lanka/opticor. Due to this issue, i have to switch my 4 forma opticor to a 6 forma lanka since i had problem damaging the eidolon with the opticor despite aiming and fire at the eidolon weakpoint. 

I hope you can fix this problem soon. 

UncomfortableVacantFawn-size_restricted.

Edited by FunJester

This isn't just an eidolon problem generally speaking its an effect of aoe weapons. A prominent example is the opticor: because the beam has a small aoe on contact when you target speficic weak points you will often end up Missing not because you didn't hit but because too much of the aoe hit the non  weak point parts nulling your damage. This is also very prominent with corrupted vor and lephantis

5 hours ago, Rinkata_Kimiku said:

Better shoot it from the front side of eidolon, despite the fact that it looks bigger from rear side.

The angle of shot is ultimately irrelevant, because the problem is the dodgy hit boxes, players should not have to account for invisible walls blocking line of sight, it is the developers responsibility to match a visual model to the interactive model, not ours to find a work-around for poor design.

I have to agree with OP. 5 Shots on weak spots, 3 were zeros, 1 hit my lure (Love it when it comes flying in front of your shots) and the last one hit. Reload, and hope for a better round.....and knocked back, then downed.... the frustration continues to grow.

First world Opticor Problems pertaining to Eidolon hunting.

Edited by Eienlanzer

The entire fight is a mess. I built a new amp using Granmu and I regret it. The grenades explode right on my face even if I am aiming up at the Eidolon. It is not usual to have grass, trees, bushes and other clutter obstructing your view. It is also not unusual to have lures obstructing your aiming, as they have the worst AI ever. Lures have this annoying tendency to keep passing in front of you, when they should, by default, stay as far away as possible at the back. Not only they prevent you from even aiming at the weakspots, if they get anywhere near your aiming point, the shot deviates from the target. Then comes these hitboxes, which don't register a hit even when you have a clean shot. 

Oh, and there is also those bugs when the eidolon dissapear even with 4 fully charged lures right underneath them. Also some weird invincibility phases, when the shield health bar is fully visible and yet you keep getting 0 damage.

@Drasiel

This isn't just an eidolon problem generally speaking its an effect of aoe weapons. A prominent example is the opticor: because the beam has a small aoe on contact when you target speficic weak points you will often end up Missing not because you didn't hit but because too much of the aoe hit the non  weak point parts nulling your damage. This is also very prominent with corrupted vor and lephantis

The problem with that theory is that it happens to any weapon. Happens to my Lanka, Rubico and even the Euphona Prime, as you can see in the gif posted in this topic.

Edited by Anthraxicus

3 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

The entire fight is a mess. I built a new amp using Granmu and I regret it. The grenades explode right on my face even if I am aiming up at the Eidolon. It is not usual to have grass, trees, bushes and other clutter obstructing your view. It is also not unusual to have lures obstructing your aiming, as they have the worst AI ever. Lures have this annoying tendency to keep passing in front of you, when they should, by default, stay as far away as possible at the back. Not only they prevent you from even aiming at the weakspots, if they get anywhere near your aiming point, the shot deviates from the target. Then comes these hitboxes, which don't register a hit even when you have a clean shot. 

Oh, and there is also those bugs when the eidolon dissapear even with 4 fully charged lures right underneath them. Also some weird invincibility phases, when the shield health bar is fully visible and yet you keep getting 0 damage.

@Drasiel

The problem with that theory is that it happens to any weapon. Happens to my Lanka, Rubico and even the Euphona Prime, as you can see in the gif posted in this topic.

Lanka and Euphona are projectile weapons,  its extremely easy for minor movements of the eidolon to mess up those shots. Rubico is interesting though that one is hitscan. 

I'm not trying to say the synova aren't in need of Adress but there is also an issue with anything that has even a minor aoe. 

I believe it's probably because of the change in animations to make it more dynamic. They did change the animations, but the hit boxes probably follow the old animation set - which is why this such a dissonance in actually being able to hit the exact hitbox location. 

Never the less, the shoulder blades could use some extreme touching up. It's a nightmare, especially given all the loaded "god smites" blocking shots + near insta-killing the team & screen shaking from the Gauntylst (which by the way is not affected by the disable screenshake options in the video settings like ???).
There was a joke on Reddit not too long ago about the most powerful "arcane" against these two - being arcane sunshades or something along those lines. I mean I laughed, but my eyesight I feel is probably deteriorating from how awful the lights are being pushed into the screen.

---

Listen, it's not like we're getting pulled over by a cop past midnight and getting a flashlight shoved in our eye holes. Playing against Gauntylst & Hydrolyst is so much bloody worse. I'll take 10 speeding tickets over having to lose my eyesight to these two lumps of a boss fight any day.

---

Both Gauntylst & Hydrolyst can knock Rhino off his ass & pushed faaaaar away in Iron Skin as well. What gives? That's some next level over powered bs right there.
Need I also mention, how the Hydrolyst can rip people up through Limbo's rift as well? That shouldn't be happening.