Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove elevators

(PSN)akcdentprone

Much of the game involves fast pace gameplay and mowing down hordes of enemies and thats quite alot of fun. When you run into an elevator it ruins all of the momentum of bullet jumping and ninja fun that the game has to offer. All of the map reworks and new tilesets that I have seen have no elevators and it's fantastic (kuva fortress is a bit of a maze but hey no elevators), but there are still a large number of missions that boast these momentum killers. 

I'm sure it would take quite alot of effort and time to implement such a task but it would honestly improve the flow of gameplay greatly.

2 minutes ago, Horonelius said:

Elevators really do need to be replaced with something like what we have on the relays.

what you mean the thing that a LOT of new players didn't even realise were elevators until they see someone going up them or were told about it....

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

what you mean the thing that a LOT of new players didn't even realise were elevators until they see someone going up them or were told about it....

I remember the first time I got there, I wall hopped all the way up the inside of the 'down' one to get to Simaris :crylaugh: Then much later on, of course, after many treks across relays, I even discovered there is a fast travel option... Warframe, always learning! :crylaugh:

6 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

I'd sooner complain about buddy doors than elevators. Or Grineer laser barrier doors, truly the bane of my existence...

You should have been here when [DE] was developing those Arc Traps. Grineer Galleons used to have electrical discharges running along most walls and they would Zap and instantly kill you no matter the Warframe and how much health it had. Those were for quite some time, the Bane of many player's existence.

Maybe a very powerful exhaust that shoots you up. - Corpus
Areas of parkour to travel vertically. - All
Explosion vents to blast us up dealing minimal damage. - Grineer
A infested arm that grabs you like in the raids. - Infested

Actually... forget all of that.
If we have a sentinel, let us grab onto it and float up.
Kavat? Hold on and let it ninja its way up.
Kubrow... upward charge?

None of the above?
Fishing spear grappling.

Dont have a fishing spear either?
AW.

Hate AW?
Do the jump the warframe does in the AW and Jordas Precept quests. You know... that channelling super jump.

Edited by INight00

1 hour ago, (PS4)akcdentprone said:

(kuva fortress is a bit of a maze but hey no elevators)

Actually the Kuva fortress does have a friendship elevator/lift. It just doesn't get used very much.

Personally I think the intent with the Elevators was to force you to defend a fixed position for a short period of time and early game elevators can be pretty intense. They can be pretty interesting during Sorties as well. That said once you are geared up to the teeth, they do lose a bit of their charm but they really aren't that bad unless you have "that guy" in your squad who runs to the elevator and thinks they are too good to wait the extra 4 seconds for everyone to get on. Tho I do take a certain pleasure in spamming the recall button so they can't get out at the top and get ot enjoy the ride all the way back down to let everyone get on. 

So I'm pretty fine with Elevators how they are now.

The only time they really get to me is on one of the crashed corpus ship tiles where there is occasionally an elevator that will lead to a short hallway that has a second elevator for no good reason. Usually there aren't even enemies in that hallway and the few times I've run into that specific tile/set of tiles it's been a situation where you have to go up, do some arbitrary task and then ride them both back down. That tile I can do without. 

Edited by Oreades

Or at least fix elevators on that one Corpus Star Wars lightsaber battle scene tile (y'all know exactly what I mean) so that if there's a direct route to an objective the marker will go to that door instead of the useless tiny elevators on the side.

Edited by FlyingDice

3 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

Or at least fix elevators on that one Corpus Star Wars lightsaber battle scene tile (y'all know exactly what I mean) so that if there's a direct route to an objective the marker will go to that door instead of the useless tiny elevators on the side.

Hmm yeah those two corpus tiles are pretty annoying, the one in the gas city with the parked ships is just as bad at telling you to go to the elevator instead of just pointing you to the exit. I do recall those tiles really confusing me when I was first starting. Now it is something where I can sorta glance at the minimap/waypoint roll my eyes and go where I need to go instead of playing elevator go round. 

That said there are a couple tiles unrelated to elevators that really need their way point patching touched up as well. There is one on Mars with some oilslick texture that just spins the map at like 9000rpms when you enter it. good times :P 

I think people need to stop and appreciate something about the way these rooms/tiles/doors etc are set up in Warframe.

Technically, we don't need stairs...but they're there.  We don't need storage closets, but they're there.  We certainly don't need airlocks, but they added those too.

The idea here, unlike other platformy games, is that our characters are just a PART of this bigger solar system.  It isn't built FOR us to navigate.  It's built for normal people, Grineer and Corpus, to walk from room to room, up and down stairwells, using elevators etc.  For the Grineer, it's just another day at work.  They even have lockers! (I want a "Clem's Bagged Lunch" random item! >:O)  

This is a stark contrast to games that are considered classic like Mario or Sonic, or other platform games wherein the entire stage leading to the boss feels almost built to AID our character in reaching their goals, with nonsense platforms that have no business being there, doors that are too easy to open with giant buttons that can, for some magical reason, only be activated by our character, and so on.

DE has done a great job at developing this world that is larger than our Tenno....and it is for THAT reason that our abilities, both powers and movement, are so effective. So TERRIFYING to the enemy, and such a pleasure to watch for us.  We use, like a true ninja, only our surroundings to take on our enemies.  And we still cut down the hordes.

THAT is how terrifyingly powerful a Warframe/Tenno is in lore.

And yes, as pointed out above, these spots like the Elevator and Friendship Doors do provide places for us to slow down and regroup, with ourselves AND our teammates (Did ya forget this is a co-op game?)

Not to mention, there's some pretty cool suspense when you ride that elevator opens and suddenly, on the other side of it, is a horde of enemies waiting with blasters to blow you to oblivion!   Like outta some kinda movie!  I'ts AWESOME. ...so I don't understand the issue. I  like 'em

16 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

Well, the grineers and corpus that actually built the place need the elevator. The friendship door tho...y?

I imagine for the same reason you need two keys to launch a nuke.  There's important information on the other side, or sensitive materials, etc...and it provides a safelock for clearance.  Granted, that doesn't work against our Hackerframes but even so, it'd make sense it'd be there in some spots Lorewise.

Mechanics-wise, it's there to be sure one person isn't completing the entire mission FOR everyone else who is AFKing at start (which DE strongly dislikes, as do I.)  It encourages people to play TOGETHER ...in a CO-OP MMO.  Go figure, hm? lol

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Mechanics-wise, it's there to be sure one person isn't completing the entire mission FOR everyone else who is AFKing at start (which DE strongly dislikes, as do I.)  It encourages people to play TOGETHER ...in a CO-OP MMO.  Go figure, hm? lol

I thought they were there to get to as fast as you can so you can leave as many teammates behind, take it, then they get to wait for it to go up, then have to call it back down again, then ride it up, while you race ahead, finish the mission, and assume the sit position at extraction like a jackhole.

33 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

I thought they were there to get to as fast as you can so you can leave as many teammates behind, take it, then they get to wait for it to go up, then have to call it back down again, then ride it up, while you race ahead, finish the mission, and assume the sit position at extraction like a jackhole.

My reply was to him asking about the Friendship Doors, not the Elevators.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

I imagine for the same reason you need two keys to launch a nuke.  There's important information on the other side, or sensitive materials, etc...and it provides a safelock for clearance.  Granted, that doesn't work against our Hackerframes but even so, it'd make sense it'd be there in some spots Lorewise.

To a nuclear room? Sure. To some other part of the ship that's just a corridor to go outside? Eh...

At least give it a 40 second timer to then be able to be opened alone. If someone's late for 40 seconds i guess it's mostly their fault and not the other speed running.

The AFK thing is actually the problem, you join a pub game, the other is AFK, completely. And you get sruck when there's the door... yeah. I'm all for co-op but there's that.

5 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

To a nuclear room? Sure. To some other part of the ship that's just a corridor to go outside? Eh...

At least give it a 40 second timer to then be able to be opened alone. If someone's late for 40 seconds i guess it's mostly their fault and not the other speed running.

The AFK thing is actually the problem, you join a pub game, the other is AFK, completely. And you get sruck when there's the door... yeah. I'm all for co-op but there's that.

In that case, leave the mission and retry.  If you can, solo it and the doors will open for you alone.

I've literally never had an issue with these.  Might just be my experience, but I don't see any problem with how it's set up.