Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corinth Fix

Grimmstyler

Buff primary magazine to 10 

Make alt fire single shot with a 2 sec charge time so it cant be spammed (alt fire reload charges seperate from primary reloading)

alt fire doesnt self damage (as it doesnt damage other warframes) and explodes on hit.. not distance.. 

Edited by Grimmstyler

Magazine size is really rather irrelevant, you're going to spend twice as long reloading in order to reach that 10 again. The alt fire change is a massive nerf though.

Seeing far too many threads asking for the Corinth alt fire to be just another generic grenade launcher. Play with a damn Penta if that's what you want, leave the only Airburst we have as an Airburst.

30 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

Its my opinion on how the Corinth would be more fluid and not alt fire spammable

There's nothing fluid about a 2 second charge time.

44 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Magazine size is really rather irrelevant, you're going to spend twice as long reloading in order to reach that 10 again. 

10 may be too much.. Maybe 7-8.. The way i see it is when your in the heat of battle you got shots to give.. And the reload can always be interrupted by a shot.. But the time it takes to move to next room, reloading at 10 would be complete and you got shots to give 

47 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

There's nothing fluid about a 2 second charge time.

I can almost guarantee alt fire is the most used shot on the Corinth with the ability of spamming it 5 times (actually hitting reload while firing alt fire doesn't cost a shot)

But if the Corinth had a 2 sec charge time, is single shot aside from using a round from mag, and explodes on impact without self damaging.. that would be ample time for primary reload and encourages use of primary fire 

18 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

10 may be too much.. Maybe 7-8.. The way i see it is when your in the heat of battle you got shots to give.. And the reload can always be interrupted by a shot.. But the time it takes to move to next room, reloading at 10 would be complete and you got shots to give 

I can almost guarantee alt fire is the most used shot on the Corinth with the ability of spamming it 5 times (actually hitting reload while firing alt fire doesn't cost a shot)

But if the Corinth had a 2 sec charge time, is single shot aside from using a round from mag, and explodes on impact without self damaging.. that would be ample time for primary reload and encourages use of primary fire 

I'm not saying 10 is too much, I'm just saying that it's relatively inconsequential and does nothing to ''fix'' the weapon.

You cannot guarantee that the alt fire is the most used. Spamming it 5 times is good for AoE and CC, but lacking in damage.

On the other hand the damage of the primary fire is leagues ahead of the Airburst. At base value it's 136 more damage, and that's before you look at the 30% crit chance and 2.8x multiplier.

The Airburst is also blast damage, something that's sub-optimal against Grineer and merely neutral against Corpus.

Essentially what I'm saying is, primary fire is already encouraged because you do a hell of a lot more damage.

With Blunderbuss and Primed Ravage alone each pellet will do on average ~336 damage totaling to ~2016.

With those same 2 mods the Airburst will deal on average 475 damage per enemy.

Airburst for crowds, primary for single target or close groupings.

Edited by DeMonkey

I already would use the Corinth primary fire on enemies too close for secondary fire as I move back and away.

Also bigger mag? No pls, cut the mag down and add more damage.

Oh hey you made another nigh identical thread, so this is still relevant:

11 hours ago, Vox_Preliator said:

I mean, I wouldn't turn down Best Gun being made better, but I don't find it in need of a bigger magazine.  It reloads pretty dang quick, and can be interrupted so you can't really get caught while stuck in a reload animation.

Except that the other changes you're suggesting would be a massive nerf.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm not saying 10 is too much, I'm just saying that it's relatively inconsequential and does nothing to ''fix'' the weapon.

You cannot guarantee that the alt fire is the most used. Spamming it 5 times is good for AoE and CC, but lacking in damage.

On the other hand the damage of the primary fire is leagues ahead of the Airburst. At base value it's 136 more damage, and that's before you look at the 30% crit chance and 2.8x multiplier.

The Airburst is also blast damage, something that's sub-optimal against Grineer and merely neutral against Corpus.

Essentially what I'm saying is, primary fire is already encouraged because you do a hell of a lot more damage.

With Blunderbuss and Primed Ravage alone each pellet will do on average ~336 damage totaling to ~2016.

With those same 2 mods the Airburst will deal on average 475 damage per enemy.

Airburst for crowds, primary for single target or close groupings.

I spam alt fire and get more kills than primary.. I use Hunter munitions, crit chance/damage, fanged fusillade build.. which slash is proced on alt fire and blast keeps knocking them down.. Seems more effective to me but doesnt promote primary fire..

As far as primary, maybe thats my issue.. its just my playstyle.. I shoot a target until its dead.. i dont wait for prolonged status effects to kill the enemy as i move to another target.. If you test the Hunter Munitions, Crit Chance/Damage, Fanged Fusilade build in the Simulacrum, you can see the health drop off on a level 150 Bombard from 1 shot.. But in the field when enemies are shooting at you, it becomes a different scenario.. Like i said.. i shoot the target until its dead..

And when its down i shoot it again to make sure its dead :laugh: (just kidding thats a waste of mag cap)

I probably put unnecessary shots in enemy with primary fire due to the status damage health falloff (if proced) thats probably the reason im calling for a bigger mag cap

15 minutes ago, Recel said:

I have to ask, these changes fix... what exactly?

Heres another one.. Who is it specifically that determines a weapon is broken in order to be fixed?

Im not saying the weapon is broken.. it works.. But the alt fire is spamable to present no challenge to the game

2 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

7 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

I spam alt fire and get more kills than primary.. I use Hunter munitions, crit chance/damage, fanged fusillade build.. which slash is proced on alt fire and blast keeps knocking them down.. Seems more effective to me but doesnt promote primary fire..

Is a Chocolate Fixation (Fix) considered broken? :laugh:

So basically make the corinth in a sobekogris... just no.

Shotguns struggle with multiple small enemies since they like to overkill and take a bit between targets. The corinth brings an answer to that weakness.

The magazine size is tied to the model (you can see the shells on the thing) and the output is already large enough. We talking taking down a level 155 corrupted bombard and still have a couple spare shells.

The air burst is a unique thing of the corinth. That name implies that it explodes after a specific travel time at max speed. The way it's designed makes it impossible to kill yourself unless you're doing it on purpose. One thing that's interesting to note about the air burst is that it is actually weaker than the primary fire. The primary fire is heavily focused on crit whereas the burst is more status based. As I already said it above, it's designed to clear out trash so you can kill the harder enemies without getting swarmed.

Anyone spamming it is actively missing out on damage potential.

It's a bit of a clever design that asks you to change your playstyle to keep up. No other weapon asks you to aim around enemies, no other weapon wants you to be at a specific distance from the enemy. As for where that sweet spot is, it's all a matter of practice.

It's a strong shotgun, yes, but it's not broken in any way. It won't out DPS a Tigris with the primary and it won't do more than a Tonkor with the alt fire.

14 minutes ago, Rage_Inducer said:

The magazine size is tied to the model (you can see the shells on the thing) 

Yes i love that.. but the shells on the thing doesn't add up to Ammo capacity.. Magically the shells on the thing rejuvenate :laugh:

14 minutes ago, Rage_Inducer said:

We talking taking down a level 155 corrupted bombard and still have a couple spare shells.

Thats really build specific.. And if its the build im thinking your talking about, the status is the killer..

But its like i said..  If you test the Hunter Munitions, Crit Chance/Damage, Fanged Fusilade build in the Simulacrum, you can see the health drop off on a level 150 Bombard from 1 shot.. But in the field when enemies are shooting at you, it becomes a different scenario..

Edited by Grimmstyler

1 hour ago, Grimmstyler said:

Heres another one.. Who is it specifically that determines a weapon is broken in order to be fixed?

Im not saying the weapon is broken.. it works.. But the alt fire is spamable to present no challenge to the game

Oh, if only the Corinths all fire is spamable and present no challenge in the game, than sure! Let's fix it!

Oh... wait...

You still haven't answered what this change would fix. Because if it's challenge, than what about the hundreds of other things that present no challenge in the game? Why the Corinth specifically needs to be changed to be challenging to use in the game? And can a weapon be challenging if on the other hand you can just shut down the enemy AI with a wide palette of skills that turn them into highly detailed target boards? Also, what challenge does your changes bring in the first place?

6 hours ago, trndr said:

Corinth alt fire does self damage.

The magazine is fine.

Charge... no stop killing me.

Please try to know the weapons before you suggest how to "fix" them.

You can self damage with the alt fire? I didn't know that.

Because it explodes a certain distance away from the player it never occurred to me that you could hit yourself with it. Anyone able to describe some situations where this can happen?

7 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Because it explodes a certain distance away from the player it never occurred to me that you could hit yourself with it. Anyone able to describe some situations where this can happen?

The only instance I saw it happen was with a Volt with his speed boost. He stopped for just a moment to shoot, than jumped-rolled ahead and blam... "A fellow Tenno has fallen..." For a few seconds I was unsure what actually happened. Than when I revived him, he almost instantly repeated this stunt.

And it is a stunt. because you have to put in quite an effort to catch your own grenade.

17 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Ivara navigator or reduced flight speed riven, have fun getting 1 shot.

It explodes on fixed time, not distance.

Edited by trndr

Leave my (almost) DOOM combat shotgun alone, OK? Its perfectly fine how it is. I need it for my DOOM Guy Rhino.

In all seriousness, if you think that the alt fire is too spammable, you don't know how the Corinth is supposed to work. Status based alt fire dealing blast to kill/soft CC mobs, while using the rather accurate and tightly grouped crit based primary on hardened targets (Exmus units, Infested Ancients, bosses, capture targets, alloy armoured Grineer, etc). It works wonders against the Infested - alt fire to clear out the basic guys, while you can use the primary to hit important targets at a distance (Ancients, MOAs). Alt fire is also really good for getting enemies behind cover, or that have glitched out and into the terrain.

Most shotguns play in very similar ways. The Corinths mechanics means that it plays differently, and your 'fix' is to make it play like all the other shotguns with a secondary that no one will use since it takes the same amount of time to charge as an Opticor, and deals way less damage. In all seriousness, 2 seconds is a long time in Warframe's combat. Bows recently got their charge timed buffed to 0.5 seconds, and based on my experiences with both the old and new bow charge times, 0.5 seconds is the absolute minimum I want to spend charging a weapon to fire it when in the heat of combat, doubly so when using a short ranged weapon.

44 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Firing at a Nullifier's shield will send the alt fire bouncing right back at you with the timer reset. Done that a few times.

1 hour ago, Recel said:

Oh, if only the Corinths all fire is spamable and present no challenge in the game, than sure! Let's fix it!

Oh... wait...

You still haven't answered what this change would fix. Because if it's challenge, than what about the hundreds of other things that present no challenge in the game? Why the Corinth specifically needs to be changed to be challenging to use in the game? And can a weapon be challenging if on the other hand you can just shut down the enemy AI with a wide palette of skills that turn them into highly detailed target boards? Also, what challenge does your changes bring in the first place?

Disagreed on these proposed changes. I don't believe Corinth has any issues that these propositions would solve reasonably.

More over, increasing the magazine size for Corinth would actually make reloading take longer as the reload is on a per-shot basis rather than a full clip/magazine.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RPColten said:

Disagreed on these proposed changes. I don't believe Corinth has any issues that these propositions would solve reasonably.

More over, increasing the magazine size for Corinth would actually make reloading take longer as the reload is on a per-shot basis rather than a full clip/magazine.

6 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

4 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

4 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

As far as primary, maybe thats my issue.. its just my playstyle.. I shoot a target until its dead.. i dont wait for prolonged status effects to kill the enemy as i move to another target.. If you test the Hunter Munitions, Crit Chance/Damage, Fanged Fusilade build in the Simulacrum, you can see the health drop off on a level 150 Bombard from 1 shot.. But in the field when enemies are shooting at you, it becomes a different scenario.. Like i said.. i shoot the target until its dead..

And when its down i shoot it again to make sure its dead :laugh: (just kidding thats a waste of mag cap)

I probably put unnecessary shots in enemy with primary fire due to the status damage health falloff (if proced) thats probably the reason im calling for a bigger mag cap