Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latest Nerfs

SaiTaMa_OpM

I love that Warframe updates as much as it does. How it pumps out new Warframes often enough for the players to keep hooked and work the existing Warframes as well. 

But I feel that it's catering to a certain type of players and abandoning the rest of the player base. The Nerfs to the Warframe force players to be active or be #*($%%@. For players who are working and studying and just play Warframe for their daily those of fun it's becoming boring, annoying. After a long day I would rather chill and farm exp and rank my weapons, progress in the game without constantly being forced to put in energy I am depleted of. 

If the players want action they can try harder game modes or try out new builds and have fun. I would just like some Warframes to be left as they are.

The game feels so demanding. I can't play the game for fun and relaxation anymore. When I look at Warframe in my library I don't feel eager to play, rather I feel an overwhelming wave of annoyance. 

Problem is, that hour of your fun, is one hour of fun stolen from players that want to have fun themselfes, and can't cause there is always that one helicopter Ember kangaroo in the party or dubstep Banshee.
Now you can tell me, i can use recruit chat to avoid such things, but what i'm gonna tell you is: why don't you play alone?
End.

Right, so you are so tired you can't muster the energy to play a game properly and want to semi-afk it, while at the same time reaping the same benefits as someone who puts some effort into it. Essentially, you want there to be frames that remove all kinds of activity.

THAT is the definition of boring. Not being 'forced' to actually play.

Frankly, if you can't handle the energy to play a game, I have to ask; why are you playing a game that is as active and action-packed as Warframe? Why not a turn-based game or a clicker-game? Have you considered the fact that Warframe might not be your kind of game? This isn't said to annoy you, but it's a fact; people grow, change and like different things over time. Maybe you just don't have the energy for a game like Warframe anymore; maybe you're just exhausted and can't muster the will to 'do' things anymore or your tastes changed without you realizing it (happened to me, went from a hardcore old-school-RPG lover to 'action games only WOO-HOO').

I happen to agree with DE's latest batch of reworks (even the Ember one, go ahead and hate). They force more activity and less afk-farming. This is an action game full of ninjas, psychopathic communist armies that try to have all the Dakka, murderous capitalists who love to afire their lazors and space-nanomachine-zombie-things.

29 minutes ago, SaiTaMa_OpM said:

If the players want action they can try harder game modes or try out new builds and have fun

If you want less action you can go on Mercury, where enemies die from you looking at them.

If you think that having to aim and shoot and press buttons is a bit too involving, I also suggest you just let your sentinel do all the killing. Let's face it, I'm 100% certain you use Carrier all the time. Maybe add a syndicate spectrum.

Have fun.

I assure you that we will not be missing you and your perma-WoF Ember (or whatever cheap construction you used to avoid playing the game).

Thing is that just watching the game play itself is insanely boring and feels like a job. A game is supposed to be engaging. If I was into doing nothing, I wouldn't be playing this game but instead would take up a mobile game with autoplay and speed up that runs itself.

I don't know what you get out of warframe but it is an ACTION GAME. I really cannot relate to your position in any way as I can't wrap my head around your reasoning. Complaining about the action in warframe is like complaining about the guns in an fps. 

Warframe should be a 0.34second tight execution hard-core game or ultra 300apm strategy game or an average trivialized incremental clicker it currently is?

Warframe is such a game that needs to be around the line between too stupid and too easy, because it demands repetitions from players it has to be trivial to ease the tedious grinding. Nerfs in Warframe are just window dressing, they wouldn't shift the game out of the fact that it's tedious. 

Basically, Warframe being tedious is the cause and Warframe being broken balance/difficulty wise is the effect. 

Edited by Volinus7

4 hours ago, Nakrast said:

Problem is, that hour of your fun, is one hour of fun stolen from players that want to have fun themselfes, and can't cause there is always that one helicopter Ember kangaroo in the party or dubstep Banshee.
Now you can tell me, i can use recruit chat to avoid such things, but what i'm gonna tell you is: why don't you play alone?
End.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Bravo!

And I'm saying that as someone who only plays sorties, riven market and simulacrum.

Doesn't take a genius to understand that the new player experience was in poorer health before the changes.

4 hours ago, Nakrast said:

End.

You go to the laziest loot cave in the game and don't expect it to be mindless?  I'm sorry, but that's your problem, not those that wanted mindless leveling.

4 hours ago, SaiTaMa_OpM said:

I love that Warframe updates as much as it does. How it pumps out new Warframes often enough for the players to keep hooked and work the existing Warframes as well. 

But I feel that it's catering to a certain type of players and abandoning the rest of the player base. The Nerfs to the Warframe force players to be active or be #*($%%@. For players who are working and studying and just play Warframe for their daily those of fun it's becoming boring, annoying. After a long day I would rather chill and farm exp and rank my weapons, progress in the game without constantly being forced to put in energy I am depleted of. 

If the players want action they can try harder game modes or try out new builds and have fun. I would just like some Warframes to be left as they are.

The game feels so demanding. I can't play the game for fun and relaxation anymore. When I look at Warframe in my library I don't feel eager to play, rather I feel an overwhelming wave of annoyance. 

Yeah they really should be more mindful when making nerfs.  Unfortunately there's those you're seeing in this thread that won't be happy until every aoe is removed.

I am honestly fine with there being an "easy" way to do things, but for most of Warframe's history the easy thing has also been the best way to go about it. As long as putting in effort is the objective best way to get rewards, having easy relaxed farms is fair. 

I would like it if their was a more laid back method to the game, where you can get anything by just playing long enough without needing to do tedious quests over and over, like making it so you can buy prime parts for 10 times their ducat value, you still have to grind a metric crap ton of relics, but if you don't have to run the same missions over and over and over just for a chance to crack a relic and still not get the part you wanted,

1 hour ago, PatternistSlave said:

Yeah they really should be more mindful when making nerfs.  Unfortunately there's those you're seeing in this thread that won't be happy until every aoe is removed.

Until they do, people will merely continue to create new ways to make any challenge trivial. I myself have begun to do it just because I felt like it. I am actually restrained in my game-breaking too! I have a map nuke maiming Equinox that can blow away anything within a 47.7 meter range, and I still have yet to put cunning drift on! Even when they remove all AoE though, people will just find a new way to complain and keep doing so until Warframe completely cannibalizes itself.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Lyravain:

Right, so you are so tired you can't muster the energy to play a game properly and want to semi-afk it, while at the same time reaping the same benefits as someone who puts some effort into it. Essentially, you want there to be frames that remove all kinds of activity.

That`s what Warframe has become lately, a playerbase who can`t be asked to play the game anymore. 

11 hours ago, Lyravain said:

THAT is the definition of boring. Not being 'forced' to actually play.

*shrug* I get it depends what you're playing for tho. I don't really come to warframe for the gameplay. Don't get me wrong it's good but i feel it's a little to... diluted. I view warframe (and similar games) as more of hobby, and when i say hobby i mean old school hobby, like stamp colecting, wood work, building ship in a bottle, something like that. For me it's about the collection and i don't really care the path to that colection is "boring". Becuase yeah you'll want to grab that bottle and slam it on the ground several times or when paiting a tabletop mini your hands are shaking, back hurts, eyes are annoying by the lamp your hunched over, but after the tedium you can set the whatever down and admire it.

The effort isn't whats worth it, you could buy a commisioned set of say warhammer minis and they'll probably end up being waaaaaay better looking what whatever you could learn to do in your (free) lifetime. Same goes for warframe....  without rambling what i'm saying is fashion frame shouldn't be to tedious.

i am a very simple man i want to shut my brain off and mass slaughter a clone race of soldiers dumber then rocks (clem is the exception i want to hug him and then kill things with him) and most people talk about nerfs i just use whats fun to me at the time while one shotting is fun i also enjoy just bullet hosing the first unfortunate bastard i see or blow them up, burn them, punch their buddies soul at them, play loud music at them, or my personal favorite well here is a gif well i cant find the gif to post in here so here is a link to it https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DV7VCqoVAAEU6_7.mp4 anyway back to a semi topic i find this game VERY relaxing or challenging when i want to be but mostly i just wanna have fun~ idk why i sung that out in my head all just matter on your opinion really games are games 

Some people (like Scott) forget that the reason this game became successful over other shooters was because Warframe offered fast paced action in a closed environment. Players could enter a hallway and clear it in seconds, whereas in other games, they would have to spend the time shooting each one.

Nerfing weapons and frames is the antithesis to what this game is all about. Go to another shooter if you want to aim carefully and shoot. This game is about taking out hoards of enemies at a time. DE has forgotten this concept, and it's a shame.

3 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

Some people (like Scott) forget that the reason this game became successful over other shooters was because Warframe offered fast paced action in a closed environment. Players could enter a hallway and clear it in seconds, whereas in other games, they would have to spend the time shooting each one.

Nerfing weapons and frames is the antithesis to what this game is all about. Go to another shooter if you want to aim carefully and shoot. This game is about taking out hoards of enemies at a time. DE has forgotten this concept, and it's a shame.

but you can still clear a room fairly quickly and there are many ways to do it the problems start to arise when your clearing a room 2-3 rooms away from the room your in a few room clear things i can think off the top of my head is ignis, cornith, tenora, zarr, and kulstar personally i think people just want to do stuff faster and faster to the point where 0 effort is applied but a the entire grineer empire drops and re-spawns for the next drop and if nothing was nerfed or tweaked the games power creep would be insane some balance is required just people dont like change when its bad most of the time like the sayrn rework people whined it happened people got over it and adapted same goes for ash then ember and chroma the game is still faced paced and you control that pedal all DE does is make sure we don't hit the pedal too hard and run out of things to do by balancing things 

1 hour ago, WolfTitan said:

True, tho back in the long long ago, (it all started with Equinox MapBlind nerf, or argueably mesa auto-peacemaker nerf) the argument was that its to combat "afk gameplay" ... well see the problem with that is if people are resorting to afk-tactics, maybe there's something fundamentally wrong with your premise? like time-in -> reward out ration or maybe enemies over ~lvl 80 eatting your entire ammo reserve if you arn't built to kill them.

I'd also like to introduce the devs to the idea of a Whip / Polearm +Range riven wich afks through stuff.... on the other hand those cost plat

10 часов назад, AcceptYourDeath сказал:

That`s what Warframe has become lately, a playerbase who can`t be asked to play the game anymore. 

That's definitely me.

But i have to ask OP, you know you can just stop playing the game, if you don't like it anymore?

17 hours ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Until they do, people will merely continue to create new ways to make any challenge trivial. I myself have begun to do it just because I felt like it. I am actually restrained in my game-breaking too! I have a map nuke maiming Equinox that can blow away anything within a 47.7 meter range, and I still have yet to put cunning drift on! Even when they remove all AoE though, people will just find a new way to complain and keep doing so until Warframe completely cannibalizes itself.

It'll be an endless battle between those of us that like hacknslash horde looter type gameplay and those that want the game to be a shooter.  Seems pretty balanced to me, but then I don't generally hang around in low leveled missions expecting them to be difficult.

17 hours ago, PowerofTwo said:

*shrug* I get it depends what you're playing for tho. I don't really come to warframe for the gameplay. Don't get me wrong it's good but i feel it's a little to... diluted. I view warframe (and similar games) as more of hobby, and when i say hobby i mean old school hobby, like stamp colecting, wood work, building ship in a bottle, something like that. For me it's about the collection and i don't really care the path to that colection is "boring". Becuase yeah you'll want to grab that bottle and slam it on the ground several times or when paiting a tabletop mini your hands are shaking, back hurts, eyes are annoying by the lamp your hunched over, but after the tedium you can set the whatever down and admire it.

The effort isn't whats worth it, you could buy a commisioned set of say warhammer minis and they'll probably end up being waaaaaay better looking what whatever you could learn to do in your (free) lifetime. Same goes for warframe....  without rambling what i'm saying is fashion frame shouldn't be to tedious.

Mate, there's plenty of ways to cheese the crap out of Warframe. Asking for the ability to pretty much afk-play is too much. Again; if you're so tired you can't play Warframe, go play another kind of game (I know I do). But asking for the entire game to be essentially boiled down to 'I press a button to gain stuff' is literally wanting a clicker game with better graphics. It's just not what Warframe is.