Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Prime Accessories really worth 50 USD?

AndyTse

i bought the accessories pack because i support them this time, i waited for zephyr prime 4 years and this is my way to say thanks.

and for price/value IMO the only one worth are the ones that come with armors, you get  full modular cosmetics, some extra stuff and the boosters

4 hours ago, Aleksi134 said:

Depends how far you are as a vet. Credit booster is always handy to me even as a vet, booster less useful if you have leveled everything but still useful if you want to throw 8 forma into stuff.

When you have well over 15k plat made from in-game trading from grinding, 1300 plat for me isn't worth it. Credit booster I agree I can always use, but shelling out 200 plat for a booster is no biggie. Actually, if there was a bundle that had 50 million credits instead of 1300 plat, I would consider buying. (Thinks for a bit)......... Yea I would deff buy it. 

To me?  Absolutely not.
To others?  Obviously.

I STILL have been saying that if you already own a part of ANY bundle it should be discounted, just like they do in Heroes Of The Storm...  No reason to charge full price for something you already own.  LOTS of people want to be able to have certain items in a bundle, but not ALL of the bundle, the price is just too high.  DE could EASILY make more money if they charge for them separately, or in smaller bundles.  But, in all honesty, I CANNOT find another game that charges 50$ for cosmetics only.  Loot boxes, sure, but not direct payment like this... For me, I MIGHT pay $20 or $25... Beyond that, I just don't see a point, 'limited time only' or not!!  Yes, buying it supports DE, and you get stuff out of it, but it's nothing more than data, I mean seriously $140 for ANYTHING in a video game is just ludicrous!!!!  I've bought collector's editions that have come with REAL LIFE items, that have grown beyond that in value already, and $140 gets you nothing other than in-game items, most of which you can get just by playing/trading... 

The entire idea of a 'limited time offer' cash grab ALWAYS turns me off of companies that do it...  I understand it's a free game, but there are hundreds of free games that offer more of their content for WAY LESS,  and those companies are in no way hurting for income!!!!  Greed is the only excuse and I outright refuse to feed that monster and tell DE, not gonna happen!  There are SO MANY EASIER WAYS to make more money and please your customers at the same time...  Examples?  Google any free-to-play game, look at their companies and look at their stocks... It's not hard to see!!!!  

PS, their stock has only GONE DOWN since March 20th and this release... Point proven. DE, your move.

4 hours ago, zWhiteKz said:

Yup this is why DE ask us to name our price we willing to pay for PA but since then there is no answer from them yet .... that kinda scary in a way

That's for the Prime Vault, not Prime Access.

Honestly, I do not think it is worth the price of 50 USD for just the cosmetic alone, but that price is for the boosters along with cosmetics, so it's not really a bad deal, but it's not like everyone wants the boosters though. I for one don't really want it and still in hopes of being able to just get the cosmetic at at least $20, as I find it decent, but I could do $30 at most, but that's just my opinion of its worth, considering in the US, $10 for 170 platinum and 30 days is 200 platinum, if my bad math skills are correct in a sense, that's more than $30 for 90 days worth of boosters.

Going off topic, people don't even know when they're paying for something that is in its original price tag. For example, you shop at the mall for clothings with a price tag that says 60% off, but in reality, it is not on sale, never has been, it's just there to trick people into thinking they're on sale and should get. It's like, if you play mobile games, they have a bundle or sets of items that is supposedly on sale or at 50% off, example, the bundle is (as they claim) worth 12k gems/crystals (in game real currency) and on sale for 1200 gems/crystals. It's a load of bull. People just spend money because they want something so bad, they don't mind throwing money at things that are potentially the cause of game industries selling stuff at obnoxious prices, because people literally just throw thousands of dollars at something they want with the only thought of benefiting them ego, same for mobile games.

Does not justify what people are willing to pay, an obnoxious price for something that should not be worth (that's just saying $50 price tag for the cosmetic alone, not with the boosters).

Edited by saltygr33n

Definitely not. Any sane person would agree that that's an over-the-top ridiculous price tag. Any person arguing against that is simply looking for approval, because they spent their own money and are unsure whether or not they made the right choice.

But, hey, people will still buy it, and claim it's the best S#&$ ever, thus encouraging companies to continue on with their ways.

Edited by n1nwithnokin

This is a Gucci Handbag. It costs 2600 dollars.

For 50 bucks, you could get just as functional handbag from Amazon, or Target, or wherever.

If you don't want to spend 50 bucks on Prime Accessories, you can spend 190 Plat (just over 2.50 bucks with a 75% off discount) on the Operator Suit Bundle.

If you want the stuff in the Prime Accessories and have the money, then you can totally buy it. That money actually goes into supporting the game, the servers, the devs, and maybe making Space Mom return back to us. If you don't want to spend the money, there are plenty of other, cheaper options you can spend your plat on.

You should do you. If you can drop that cash, with no real issue, good. If not, there are other options. Don't get strung out about stuff. In the end, you need to do what's right for you.

1 hour ago, n1nwithnokin said:

Definitely not. Any sane person would agree that that's an over-the-top ridiculous price tag. Any person arguing against that is simply looking for approval, because they spent their own money and are unsure whether or not they made the right choice.

But, hey, people will still buy it, and claim it's the best S#&$ ever, thus encouraging companies to continue on with their ways.

Speaking for other people in order to justify pushing your opinion as fact. :thumbup:

Yes it's worth it, for console we also get 1250?plat for only 10 more, the boosters are worth 1200p on their own so the accessories are free.

Now I realize the boosters may not be worth it as a veteran player, well tbh affinity still is new frame/weapon you can power level it twice as fast, forma it and power level again. I get that they want us to log in, but if you've already done everything and still are, your probably always going to come back.

Anyway, as I was saying, the accessories likely won't be separated until they are unvaulted in 2-3 years, sens that's how unvaulting works, and Prime accessories are successful sales, and a status of loyalty to essentially get it before it gets vaulted.

The accessories are the main item your after, but it's basically paying a membership for boosters, with additional benefits.

On 21/03/2018 at 7:00 AM, AndyTse said:

I know ... I know ...

Warframe is free2play and it need money to develop

I love warframe but I don't think the Prime Accessories worth 50 USD

First of all, 90 DAY AFFINITY BOOSTER, 90 DAY CREDIT BOOSTER and kavat DNA pack is not useful for old players

Second, TIBOR PRIME GENE-MASKING KIT 's colour can be found in other colour pack

The only things, which is worthy, are COMMODORE PRIME SUIT and TIBOR PRIME ARMOR because they are new

If player want to get COMMODORE PRIME SUIT and TIBOR PRIME ARMOR only, they had to pay 50 USD for those plus some useless items

It made me and lots of players to choose not buying it (except rich people)

Can DE sell COMMODORE PRIME SUIT and TIBOR PRIME ARMOR in shop separately?

Just a suggestion. No offenses.

(Sorry if any grammer problem)

I think the question you should ask yourself is: how many hours of entertainment did Warframe give you since you made your last RL money purchase, and are those hours worth 50 dollars? Triple A games these days go for 60+ dollars and offer 15-20 hours of gameplay max. Farcry 5 the most recent example of that. 

Also I'm faaaar from being a rich person and I bought it lol. The dollar conversion to my currency is not even a favorable one, far from it. 

Plat and/or booster is a high margin product (they have a low cost of production compared to their potential value to the consumer), Prime Warframes and/or Accessories are a low margin product (They require custom development work from many different dev disciplines). DE need to mix these things to make a sensibly priced bundle while providing value to the player.

How would you feel if the "Warframe only" / "Accessories Only" prime access was only a 20% reduction in the price of the Warframe+Plat / Accessories + Boosters / Accessories + Plat price., because that is roughly what would end up happening.

Which is why DE always mix the bundles with high/low margin items.

9 hours ago, NuttiKrust said:

Speaking for other people in order to justify pushing your opinion as fact. :thumbup:

Yeah, my mistake, I may have gotten a bit too heated about the topic.

Either way, my opinion stays the same, charging nearly tripe A title price for a couple of cosmetic items sounds ridiculous to me. But, by all means, continue buying it. If a person wanted more than one PA, they'd be spending hundreds of dollars on a couple limited virtual armor pieces. You do you.

9 hours ago, n1nwithnokin said:

Yeah, my mistake, I may have gotten a bit too heated about the topic.

Either way, my opinion stays the same, charging nearly tripe A title price for a couple of cosmetic items sounds ridiculous to me. But, by all means, continue buying it. If a person wanted more than one PA, they'd be spending hundreds of dollars on a couple limited virtual armor pieces. You do you.

"Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it". - Publilius Syrus

I paid $50 or whatever it was; I got some really nice cosmetics; I got 3 months of boosters, and I got to give money to my favourite developer. I'm totally okay with that. :)

Edited by NuttiKrust

I bought it cause I get all my plat from trading and I felt like throwing money at DE.

but, other than that it's not worth it.

Why?

1: Cred booster is useless cause index credit farm is so darn easy.

2: Affinity booster is useless when you are MR 25 ( I am)

3: 50$ is a full price of a new game and all you get is a couple of skins.

Edited by SenariousNex

17 hours ago, NuttiKrust said:

"Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it". - Publilius Syrus

I paid $50 or whatever it was; I got some really nice cosmetics; I got 3 months of boosters, and I got to give money to my favourite developer. I'm totally okay with that. :)

Cute quote. ;)