Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

I wonder why someone would do this though. Really hated what baro brought? Salty that it was zephyr prime and not a "good" prime? A fan of another game that warframe "killed"? 

Because they can't get laid. Sexual frustration will turn the human mind into jelly.

Perhaps if they showered and left their mother's basement, they may find human contact......though I doubt they can interact successfully anymore. It's amazing that anyone still does this sort of stuff because the only thing it proves is how pathetic they are.

• Like 1

Yeah well, just sitting here spamming this forum with my messages isnt gonna help, i already wanted to go after that one message but now i really go for now. I hope you guys find something else to do in the meantime. And i wish DE success on resulting the problem and hopefully still having anything (even if just a tiny bit) left of their weekend, because i bet their weekend is more frustrating then ours right now. Hope you get some rest if that is over DE Team

Out for now see everyone around in the Origin system if the game is back on

8 minutes ago, Ti_Dinzeo said:

Okay, here's where you're wrong.  there is NOTHING that DE or anyone else can to to protect against DDoS attacks.  Yes they can make it a little harder but all the attacker needs to compensate is a bigger bot-farm  No company on the planet can afford to make it impossible for DDoS attacks to affect them.  It's not them not dealing with their issues, because they are dealing with it.  That's why people are in work on the weekend, trying to return service to the players.

Second, the amount of money even for all four boosters over the time involved is tiny.  If someone's that hard up for money, they shoudn't be buying boosters with it.  I know I shouldn't be.  Yes, it's annoying that we've been unable to play over this, a Baro Ki'Teer weekend and the first weekend after a Prime frame is released.  Yes, it's annoying to lose out on mission rewards.  but NO, it's not DE's fault in any way.  They're undoubtedly doing the best they can, because it's their job and livelyhood rather than just their hobby.  They probably will compensate people who've lost out on boosters in some way WHEN THEY'VE FINISHED DEALING WITH THE ACTUAL PROBLEM, but that's because they actually seem to give a damn about their customers unlike a lot of other dev studios out there.

well...if they cant deal with that, let them do what they can. refunding over inconvenience is what would seem to be common courtesy and its something they could definitely do, unlike defending against ddosing.

once again, i have no stakes in this, i couldnt even play for most of the weekend because i was busy, but i still see refunding as common sense in situations like this.

however, rebecca did mention that being discussed behind the scenes, so there is probably nothing for us to really discuss about this to begin with.

46 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Baro has an 'on off' switch - so easy a programmer doesn't have to do it. 
Boosters have millions and millions of entries per userbase per type per 'start time', a programmer will certainly be able to make it work. We're just discussing the best way to do it - extensions or new free ones, etc. 

How about changing boosters instead of 30 days (absolut time), to maybe 3 Days real time played ? You would never have to think again about compensating any downtime to Players....

Edited by TenStorms
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

I dont know.. Many of us probably dont have a life and spend their weekends just playing this game. Me included..

There's also those that have a life and have done their 'life' things and are now free to just sit in front of the pc for the rest of the weekend....

Just now, (XB1)UnknownReaper97 said:

Is there still issues with the servers i can't in at all I just keep getting a black warframe screen I'm playing on Xbox one anyone having the same issue?

It's a ddos attack. Everyone even on pc is having issues 

Just now, (XB1)UnknownReaper97 said:

Is there still issues with the servers i can't in at all I just keep getting a black warframe screen I'm playing on Xbox one anyone having the same issue?

Read the recent posts and have a wild guess.

1 minute ago, TenStorms said:

How about changing boosters instead of 30 days (absolut time), to maybe 3 Days real time played ? You would never have to think an compensating any downtime to Players again....

That's a change I could get behind, even if the price went up as well.  Even if you don't have log in problems then you still need to eat and sleep so you lose at least a little value of every single booster you buy anyway.

On 24/3/2018 at 2:33 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

March 24:

Part 1:

Hi all,

For the past hour we’ve been experiencing intermittent connectivity issues. We are working to solve the problem as quickly as we can and then we’ll talk about possible Baro extensions and such! Stay posted here as our team works away! 

Part 2:

We’re working through a lot of trouble that appears to be DDOS related. Stay tuned for all follow up information on how we will treat boosters and Baro.

March 25:

We have extended Baro for 24 hours on PC. As for all boosters, we're still putting out the fires then we'll come up with a solution for the lost time.

The connectivity charts on PC have looked like this over the past 24 hours. Once we are able to smooth it out we'll know we've fixed up the problems! 
image.png

It's been an issue for more than 24 hours, but you're only extending him by 24 hours?...

How do u know that it's DDoS attack and not just S#&$ty servers??....

what kind of tarded topic is that?

As it seems it's probably server maintains while the game is on higher then normal demand or it's probably caused by the new dojo decoration overloading the servers.

Edited by AttiasBarak
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

Because they can't get laid. Sexual frustration will turn the human mind into jelly.

Perhaps if they showered and left their mother's basement, they may find human contact......though I doubt they can interact successfully anymore. It's amazing that anyone still does this sort of stuff because the only thing it proves is how pathetic they are.

I don't think hugging stereotypes or being toxic helps anything in this situation.

• Like 2

Tried logging in, took about 40 seconds to log in and taking longer to just deploy drones lol. Going to put down the game for the time being, but instead of having baro stay another 24 hours, why not let him stay this coming entire easter weekend? That'd be awesome!

DE, thank you for extending BK's time with us! :smile:

Someone here said it might not help with the current problem going on, but I cannot agree with it.

As soon as the servers got to work I had enough time to  complete a sortie, run several Void Fissure missions (to buy the stuff from Baro I couldn't get earlier) and even pass a mastery rank test. Then the servers died again ))

So hopefully the extension WILL help other players get what they need during the system uptime!

12 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

I wonder why someone would do this though. Really hated what baro brought? Salty that it was zephyr prime and not a "good" prime? A fan of another game that warframe "killed"? 

These sort of things are often brought about by organised crime; it is quite likely that DE or parent company will get a ransom note if the DDOS is allowed to continue.

It's a big operation to control enough zombie computers to make a DDOS work