Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Server Troubles (+ Boosters).

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, Longeres said:

People lost boosters - we will compensate boosters, ok. (But some people can play only at weekends, they just dont need any boosters now =/ )

People lost 3 days - ???

People lost a lot of resources - ???

How can people REALLY be thankful for that? You received nothing, guys, just your own boosters :facepalm:

You can't get back 3 days you lost - no one can give them back.

On the other side  - boosters can be given back and will be.

And a last thing - DE is only partially responsibe for this crisis(by not being ready to face attack while they could prepare much better), 95% of guilt is on attackers(we dont even know who attackers are).

• Like 1

Только что, Zilotz сказал:

You can't get back 3 days you lost - no one can give them back.

On the other side  - boosters can be given back and will be.

And a last thing - DE is only partially responsibe for this crisis(by not being ready to face attack while they could prepare much better), 95% of guilt is on attackers(we dont even know who attackers are).

Man... They can compensate it. Syandana/palette/OKAY potatoes and formas, but hey, they did nothing! Community will be happy with bonuses like that. 

Its not a DE fault, but they responsible for this, its right.

13 minutes ago, Longeres said:

People lost boosters - we will compensate boosters, ok. (But some people can play only at weekends, they just dont need any boosters now =/ )

People lost 3 days - ???

People lost a lot of resources - ???

How can people REALLY be thankful for that? You received nothing, guys, just your own boosters :facepalm:

Its just a disrespect for all our community. If DE have troubles - just compensate it, after all...

DE are under no obligation to compensate their players for an event that was not only out of their control, but one they couldn't hope to prevent in the first place. The fact they are choosing to extend what they are, is a courtesy and good-will gesture towards the players; nothing more. 
The servers are back up, those with lost boosters are getting them back, Baro was extended. Take it, and move on I say.

Edited by NuttiKrust
  • Like 2

16 минут назад, Longeres сказал:

How can people REALLY be thankful for that?

Oh didnt you get it? Its not their fault and DE are the best devs EVAH!1!1! One message in a day is nuff, everyone even call it a "great communication", lol.

Thats why game dev is so bad these days. Even a small pirate ragnarok servers had a better community managment and stuff.

Edited by MeinArschBrennt
  • Like 1

1 минуту назад, MeinArschBrennt сказал:

Oh didnt you get it? Its not their fault and DE are the best devs EVAH!1!1! One message in a day is nuff, everyone even cal it a "great communication", lol.

Thats why game dev is so bad these days. Even a small pirate ragnarok servers had a better community managment and stuff.

They ARE cool devs, but they really dissapointed me. And all people, just, like, "Man, we lost a lot of stuff and get nothing, yeaaaah, more disrespect us, we like it, woooah!" How can people be ok with this?

Its unic event - 3 days without warframe, so, give us some loot, its logical.

Just now, MeinArschBrennt said:

Oh didnt you get it? Its not their fault and are the best devs EVAH!1!1! One message in a day is nuff for them, they even cal it a "great communication", lol.

Rebecca reported when she had something to say of relevance; instead of waffling on with nonsense posts that don't achieve anything.

• Like 2

Just now, NuttiKrust said:

DE are under no obligation to compensate their players for an event that was not only out of their control, but one they couldn't hope to prevent in the first place. The fact they are choosing to extend what they are, is a courtesy and good-will gesture towards the players; nothing more. 
The servers are back up, those with lost boosters are getting them back, Baro was extended. Take it, and move on I say.

My thoughts exactly. There's no easy way to stop DDoS attacks and DE did what they could to get through it. The fact that it was going on during a weekend is irrelevant - people would be crying for compensation just as much if it had happened during the week.

I for one greatly appreciate their willingness to compensate for lost Baro-time as well as lost boosters. Something I wouldn't expect from any other FTP game.

• Like 2

1 минуту назад, Shankster9 сказал:

My thoughts exactly. There's no easy way to stop DDoS attacks and DE did what they could to get through it. The fact that it was going on during a weekend is irrelevant - people would be crying for compensation just as much if it had happened during the week.

I for one greatly appreciate their willingness to compensate for lost Baro-time as well as lost boosters. Something I wouldn't expect from any other FTP game.

All games usually compensating server troubles, lol. But now we have boosters(our lost boosters, WOW) and extended baro(with nothing good to sell, W-O-W). I cant understand you, its seems no logic in your words to me =/

2 minutes ago, Longeres said:

All games usually compensating server troubles, lol. But now we have boosters(our lost boosters, WOW) and extended baro(with nothing good to sell, W-O-W). I cant understand you, its seems no logic in your words to me =/

Not everyone feels entitiled to get something just because this happened, most players are just happy to have the game back up and running again. Also it's irrelevant if Baro has anything good or not, it's his normal rotation, what you think is nothing other players might like.

4 minutes ago, Longeres said:

Games that are usually subscription-based yes; you're paying for a particular service and are usually entitled to compensation if the provider cannot provide that service. Many countries, such as my own, legally enforce this. 
Free to play games work on a different model altogether; you are not paying for the service. You can play Warframe without spending a cent on it. Therefore, you are entitled to nothing. 

Edited by NuttiKrust
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shankster9 said:

Absolutely.

1 minute ago, Longeres said:

Name those games and the compensation you're referring to. Just curious.

And an extended Baro visit and extended boosters doesn't sound like compensation to you? I would understand your entitled need for more compensation if DE was somehow responsible for the server issues. They're not.

I also feel the need to tell you that your demands for more compensation are not even remotely rational. Meaning I'm not the one with the failing logic here...

Только что, NuttiKrust сказал:

Games that are usually subscription-based yes; you're paying for a particular service and are usually entitled to compensation if the provider cannot provide that service. Many countries, such as my own, legally enforce this. 
Free to play games work on a different model altogether; you are not paying for the service. You can play Warframe without spending a cent on it. Therefore, you are entitled to nothing. 

You just cant get it, i suppose. If you lost something - you have to get it back, its normal for all games, f2p or p2p. You have a many, many players. You have a great community. Give them loot for troubles - its logical, it will cost nothing for you, but all will be happy. Some people donate to it, afterall...

Name those games and the compensation you're referring to. Just curious.

And an extended Baro visit and extended boosters doesn't sound like compensation to you? I would understand your entitled need for more compensation if DE was somehow responsible for the server issues. They're not.

I also feel the need to tell you that your demands for more compensation are not even remotely rational. Meaning I'm not the one with the failing logic here...

Lol, you are one with failing logic, i will try to explain it to you, be happy with your... Nothing? Cos you just regain your boosters and baro, but... You dont regain lost time. Eudolons, usual farm, trading... No one will compensate THAT. For such great developers they can do more for us, its first time "ivent", like i said before. 

4 minutes ago, Longeres said:

You just cant get it, i suppose. If you lost something - you have to get it back, its normal for all games, f2p or p2p. You have a many, many players. You have a great community. Give them loot for troubles - its logical, it will cost nothing for you, but all will be happy. Some people donate to it, afterall...

Just now, Longeres said:

Lol, you are one with failing logic, i will try to explain it to you, be happy with your... Nothing? Cos you just regain your boosters and baro, but... You dont regain lost time. Eudolons, usual farm, trading... No one will compensate THAT. For such great developers they can do more for us, its first time "ivent", like i said before. 

First quote - You're arguing against your own point. "If you lost something - you have to get it back" = lost boosters and lost Baro-time, for which we're getting compensated.

Second quote - If you or anyone else chose to play the game during the server problems/DDoS attack, that was your choice and you are therefore the only person responsible for what you lost. Personally I chose to stay updated with DE's progress to see when it would be safe to play again and because of that I've lost exactly nothing.

The only thing that could be considered fair for DE to compensate us for are boosters and Baro-time. That's it.

Even with the server issues; I didn't lose anything when I played; and if I did, I went into the game knowing full well that it was my decision in the first place. 

A: "I want to drive this Ferrari."
B: "It's really fast. Are you sure?"
A: "Yes, I will drive this Ferrari."
* A drives car and crashes, breaks both legs*
A: "B, you must compensate me."
B: "Why?"
A: "For driving the car."
B: "You chose to drive it."
A: "Not the point. It's your car. Your fault. You owe me compensation." 

Non sequitur.

Edited by NuttiKrust

First quote - You're arguing against your own point. "If you lost something - you have to get it back" = lost boosters and lost Baro-time, for which we're getting compensated.

Second quote - If you or anyone else chose to play the game during the server problems/DDoS attack, that was your choice and you are therefore the only person responsible for what you lost. Personally I chose to stay updated with DE's progress to see when it would be safe to play again and because of that I've lost exactly nothing.

The only thing that could be considered fair for DE to compensate us for are boosters and Baro-time. That's it.

Can you even read my post?..

"If you lost something - you have to get it back"

"You dont regain lost time. Eudolons, usual farm, trading... No one will compensate THAT. "

HELLO, MAN, ITS WRITTEN RIGHT HERE! :facepalm:

"If you or anyone else chose to play the game during the server problems/DDoS attack, that was your choice and you are therefore the only person responsible for what you lost."

I lost some stuff at the FIRST day, how can i predict server problems in this game?.. And i didnt played it before lags gone. But 3 days still lost, how can you argue with that? Baro is useless, my boosters still mine, they just will give them back. I already said - its disrespect to us. 

Glad its all sorted. Kind of gutted (purely personally) on the Baro side of things though. I couldn't farm for the prime trash i needed for the ducats yesterday, so hes gone before the day extension really helped me. Now I'm back at work (as i only get significant play time at the weekend) i wont get the chance. Also lost two key days of focus and ostron rep farming (the only days i can really cap it given my schedule). Nothing anyone could have done there, just really frustrating.

I did get the primed target cracker before the outage, which was what i wanted, but still doesn't feel that great. Not DE's fault though, definitely cant blame them. Just circumstances.

35 минут назад, NuttiKrust сказал:

Rebecca reported when she had something to say of relevance; instead of waffling on with nonsense posts that don't achieve anything.

Okay, point taken. And Im not blaming them for 1 message\day, its just... uhm... okay. DE have a problem, they report about it. Thats all. Nothing good, nothing bad. And there is a bunch of players who keep sayng "Thanks" for nothing

31 минуту назад, Shankster9 сказал:

There's no easy way to stop DDoS attacks and DE did what they could to get through it.

Anyway, its not our fault. Also, any compensation have no cost at all. Double drop\exp days, free slots\potaes\etc... Whatever.

21 минуту назад, Shankster9 сказал:

ame those games and the compensation you're referring to. Just curious.

Fortnite

BDO

LoL (At least, NA, RU, BR and Old EU)

Wild Terra  (I have no idea wtf is that)

Etc etc. Just google it

Edited by MeinArschBrennt

1 минуту назад, Kryhane сказал:

Glad its all sorted. Kind of gutted (purely personally) on the Baro side of things though. I couldn't farm for the prime trash i needed for the ducats yesterday, so hes gone before the day extension really helped me. Now I'm back at work (as i only get significant play time at the weekend) i wont get the chance. Also lost two key days of focus and ostron rep farming (the only days i can really cap it given my schedule). Nothing anyone could have done there, just really frustrating.

I did get the primed target cracker before the outage, which was what i wanted, but still doesn't feel that great. Not DE's fault though, definitely cant blame them. Just circumstances.

THAT`S what im talking about! Thanks, man, i wish this guys will understand my opinion now.

il y a 2 minutes, Longeres a dit :

You have a right to ask for lost items and time and expect compensation for them...

...before you're warned there is an issue.

Once you notice the server is unstable and when you go to the forums or watch the Twitter feed, you see the game is under attack, if you STILL decide to do things that put you at risk of losing connection and thus items, then you should aknowledge you took a risk... and lost.

When you want to go to a store and there is an intense snowstorm and you have no snow car gear, if you still take the car and predictively end up crashing it, it's mainly your fault. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

Word of advice that should be painfully obvious: If your online game has connection issues that don't seem to go away, either (recommended) stop playing all togetehr and wait until it's fixed OR (less recommended) play for fun, expecting the worst, and certainly not for harder stuff or loot.

Logic would be not to take unnecessary risks. In life, you gotta take some to progress, but there is a significant difference between "taking a rare possibly risky opportunity and giving your whole, hoping it'll work out" and "trying to repair a toaster with a metal-only screwdriver with the power still on, standing on a wet floor just because you think you can".

• Like 1

Только что, SauriaLizardqueen сказал:

You have a right to ask for lost items and time and expect compensation for them...

...before you're warned there is an issue.

Once you notice the server is unstable and when you go to the forums or watch the Twitter feed, you see the game is under attack, if you STILL decide to do things that put you at risk of losing connection and thus items, then you should aknowledge you took a risk... and lost.

When you want to go to a store and there is an intense snowstorm and you have no snow car gear, if you still take the car and predictively end up crashing it, it's mainly your fault. It's unfortunate, but it's true.

Word of advice that should be painfully obvious: If your online game has connection issues that don't seem to go away, either (recommended) stop playing all togetehr and wait until it's fixed OR (less recommended) play for fun, expecting the worst, and certainly not for harder stuff or loot.

Logic would be not to take unnecessary risks. In life, you gotta take some to progress, but there is a significant difference between "taking a rare possibly risky opportunity and giving your whole, hoping it'll work out" and "trying to repair a toaster with a metal-only screwdriver with the power still on, standing on a wet floor just because you think you can".

Read my posts again... Forum guys cant do it, huh?

"I lost some stuff at the FIRST day, how can i predict server problems in this game?.. And i didnt played it before lags gone. But 3 days still lost, how can you argue with that? Baro is useless, my boosters still mine, they just will give them back. I already said - its disrespect to us. "

il y a 3 minutes, Longeres a dit :

And i didnt played it before lags gone. But 3 days still lost, how can you argue with that? Baro is useless, my boosters still mine, they just will give them back. I already said - its disrespect to us. "

Citation

"You dont regain lost time. Eudolons, usual farm, trading... No one will compensate THAT. "

Wait... are you saying you want compensation for things YOU WOULD HAVE DONE BUT DIDN'T DO if it weren't for the attacks?

Sorry, with your English, that's what it sounds like.