Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on the Current Juggernaut? (Enemy & Reward)

Duality52

Last month in the Shrine of the Eidolon, the Infested Juggernauts received a balance pass to make them not as unfair as before and a lot more easier to deal with.

Before the update, Juggernauts would fire their quills twice in rapid succession, killing weaker frames at close to medium range. Another attacks of the Juggernaut weren't as dangerous, but they were a bit annoying such as: the barrage of toxic grenades blinding the area nearby, the non-telegraphed charge attack, and the attack that exposes the Juggernaut's underside.

After the update, the Juggernaut's primary quill attack got slowed drastically, allowing more hits into its less known second weakspot (the maw on top of the Juggernaut) and the amount of quills fired likely got reduced too. Additionally, all another aforementioned attacks of the Juggernaut got removed.

Personally, I feel that the Juggernauts are a lot more manageable as the longer exposure time allows you to kill the Juggernaut before it fires. This, however, makes the Juggernaut less interesting to fight. Also understandably, the Juggernaut rewards are mediocre at best. To improve the reward a bit, allow us to convert the items the Juggernaut drops into Infested materials like Nano Spores, Plastids, Neurodes, and even Mutagen Samples.

What are some your guys' thought on improving the Juggernaut?

haven't actually fought that many Juggernauts lately, did most of the Attacks infact get removed? i'll have to look into that later.
the Shotgun Attack just being permanently buggy (since it got fixed several times and then reverted within a week after like clockwork) was really the only problem with the Enemy, everything else was fine honestly.

but since you mention Juggernaut and Resources, here's something i wrote in the past that included the Juggernaut as a source of Resources.
0j4hvUR.png

I find it strange that they removed all of its unique attacks except the quills. They could balance all of its arsenal out instead of completely gimping them, especially since the Juggernaut was a community-made design for the enemy contest (the author in their original concept detailed the quill attacks and the grenades, among other stuff).

I honestly didn't blink killing them before and that was as a Nova. I get the balance pass for making them less of a one hit squad killer, but I see no reason for their existence other than their quest ties. We farm resources in mass, credits can be farmed quickly, and things like noggles are reserved for plat sales for a reason. I can see no real way to make them valuable outside of the quest. Maybe allow them to drop the infested zaw arcanes bp, but that's a bit much in the loot department I think too.

2 hours ago, Cortanis said:

Maybe allow them to drop the infested zaw arcanes bp, but that's a bit much in the loot department I think too.

Maybe they could be split up between juggernaut, phorid and the orokin derelict? That way juggie isn't over loaded with loot and orokin derelict and phorid gain some additional reasons to farm there/them. 

it's an absolute joke honestly.

it needs to have its attacks remade to be less of a one trick pony so it can at least be what is an actual threat rather than you stomp it or it stomps you type of deal.

I mean, I can just go up to a higher platform to stand there and shoot it with complete disregard because it can't aim up.