Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We can still get a lava 'planet'. Take a guess.

grigorije

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

I mean, gravity’s a thing. Suns gravity is 28g. So if say a Warframe weighs 200kg on earth, it would weigh about 5600kg around the sun. There’d be no space ninja’ing (there’d actually be no moving around at all)

Finally a place where actual stealth can shine - pun intended.

I dont think there is any scientific way to form the sun into a hospitable place. You'd need some type of very unrealistic (even by sci-fi standards) way to create a surface to actually stand on, there would also be the need for some form of structure to block out the immense light in order for every possible inhabbitant to not go blind instantly, in addition to that you need something to counter the extreme gravity. And if you could form the whole thing into a hospitable place the rest of the soloar system, including the people on the sun would die due to lack of a heat and light source since you just killed the Sun.

We will have to forgo actual science.

Plot armor and plot science all the way.

Maybe say Orokin found some kind of material that cools itself by absorbing all the heat energy and maybe converting it at 100% efficiency to electricity or something.

So they built a cage around the sun like the one on Lua and it's invisible or something so we don't see it now.

Then, maybe some plot armor to make us able to reach it without vaporising.

Yeah, basically throw out real science and this could work.

1 minute ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Wonder if they teach physics and geology in elementary school in your country. Sure, this is a science fiction game, but even here they use a rational mind to build the world. What you suggest is everything, but rational in any way.

Of course we are rational. We would only go there at night when it's not hot.

3 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Finally a place where actual stealth can shine - pun intended.

:facepalm:

Fine - here's your upvote! 

As for Planets 2.0, that gets an upvote from me! In particular, it would be nice to see a snowy, mountainous tileset for Everest on Earth....Grineer Snowtroopers anyone?

Why are you guys trying to apply real life science to warframe? Cold procs apparently slow down movement even while mid air. We hid a moon in the "void". A lot of the stuff in warframe is fiction so stop being condecesending towards the OP. If De wanted to make a lava tile set on the sun theyd probably make up some bogus fictional space port powered by the void.

23 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

It would be nothing logical to have the Sun as a place to visit in the game, not only are the temperatures there too extreme, there is no physical matter there for you to stand on and obviously no Lava either.

If you take a better look at what [DE] has posted so far about the Venus Landscape, you will see that the planet surface is Scorched and that the Open World area is occasionally bombarded with an Iceberg to keep the temperature within an habitable condition. 

The sun has a solid core tho lol

inmean you’d still get vaporized even before the sun looks big tho 

33 minutes ago, cookieknife said:

The sun has a solid core tho lol

inmean you’d still get vaporized even before the sun looks big tho 

The sun’s core is plasma. It is very much not solid. It’s also something like 15 million degree celsius. Nothing can be solid at that temperature.

3 hours ago, (PS4)sack_shot01 said:

Why are you guys trying to apply real life science to warframe? Cold procs apparently slow down movement even while mid air. We hid a moon in the "void". A lot of the stuff in warframe is fiction so stop being condecesending towards the OP. If De wanted to make a lava tile set on the sun theyd probably make up some bogus fictional space port powered by the void.

What bothers me...

Is with Venus being frozen...

I have a bad feel Neptune will somehow become a lava world...

DE: "The Orokin had to warm up Neptune just like how they had to cool down Venus."

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I'd really dig the sun as a tileset – I am thinking crazy corpus gas-mining stations in close orbit, with the sun absolutely dominating the skybox. Outside sections would require you to keep in the shade, unless you lose shield due to the intense heat and radiation. 

Think of the movie Sunshine.

I'm thinking, how about a massive installation a bit closer to the sun than Mercury. It's on the scale of the Lua ring. It focuses sunlight into a series of generators that power the solar rail system. Since the fall, the corpus have added on to it multiple foundries so you still get a lava like setting as they melt whole ships back down to raw material.

Edited by Firetempest