The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Kuva needs Buffening

PookieNumnums

13 minutes, 1600 kuva. Could have done a flood in half that or less for almost as much. 

the amount of kuva needs to scale or simply be increased. for a new game mode that is on literally the last node on the hardest mission, the return on investment is not worth it. 

i think the risk for reward is not even worth it though, like turning life supports into kuva harvesters is the risk we take for 200 kuva which sucks, i wish they really think about scallng it or its gonna die after the initial hype. 

1 minute ago, PookieNumnums said:

side note, i was boosted and got 3200 but even then, boosted thats a flood and a regular mission which could probably be done in less than 13 minutes in most circumstances. 

I just find it hilarious that their intention was to offer an "alternative" to the Kuva Fortress, a place that should've been dropping Kuva all this time. But this alternative is a subsequently worse way to farm Kuva, and it does not scale while the enemies in the mission do.

It's still more efficient to farm Siphons/Floods normally. In my eyes there is no reason to give this "endless Kuva Survival" mission a chance.
At least not while rewards are fixed.

Hey Tenno.

Some of you might have tried the new kuva survival just to see the huge disappointment, in other words pity 200 kuva.

I dont mind the new mechanics, i dont mind protecting the "Harvester", i dont mind playing survival, but...as long it gives pathetic low base amount of 200 kuva, which is absolutely worthless amount considering the time spent protecting that thing, it just hurts. And i am pretty much sure everyone thinks this SO LONG AWAITED MEGA-FEATURE OF 2018 just sucks.

There was said, that it will get adjusted based on feedback. Well, here is mine:

Increase the Kuva Gained. This is a must-do. Here are some ideas.

Based off from doing normal Kuva Siphons and Floods, the most optimal amount would be between 300 and 400.

300 would be pretty nice amount, combined with Booster, for a 600 kuva total (or 1,2k if Charm happened). This would be considerably good amount and Kuva Survival would be somewhat worth playing.

350 sounds even better, and could be considered as a very decent amount for the time spent protecting each Harvester.

400 could be probably the best thing everyone could ask for (however, i think DE would disapprove of such amount, i personally see it as most rewarding possible amount)

Kuva gain scaling with time could be implemented. Such as from 5% to maybe 10% more kuva gained from each harvester per each 5 minutes survived. This would make the survival actually worth playing, as enemy levels would increase difficulty, hence more kuva. This feature (imo) is really a must-do to attract players to this new mode.

Thanks for reading this. 

The Warframe community is highly efficient, we gravitate to which grind rewards us for our time most. In it's current state the kuva survival isn't worth it. I would humbly suggest DE increase the mission difficulty from the start and give increasing amounts of kuva per harvester. This way everyone who can't put the time into doing the long endless runs can still do siphons and floods and those who want to try and bulk kuva but spend more of their time doing so. I think typing it out in detail here will take quite long but that's just a suggestion. :thumbup:

The struggle between not making siphon/flood dead content was to make a new content that dies in a few days after everyone realizes its not a viable alternative to existing methods.

DE made dead content.

It really should have been equatable to siphon gains on a per minute in mission spent type of thing.

1 minute ago, Dymit3 said:

The Warframe community is highly efficient, we gravitate to which grind rewards us for our time most. In it's current state the kuva survival isn't worth it. I would humbly suggest DE increase the mission difficulty from the start and give increasing amounts of kuva per harvester. This way everyone who can't put the time into doing the long endless runs can still do siphons and floods and those who want to try and bulk kuva but spend more of their time doing so. I think typing it out in detail here will take quite long but that's just a suggestion. :thumbup:

increasing per siphon isnt the solution. a flat increase with no ramp so its equatable to doing siphons is the solution. you cant just make one method obsolete. you need to balance them at the very least so they feel similar and equally viable for time spent to rewards

200 Kuva is all good and balanced. The kuva survival has very few drawbacks inside the mission unlike siphons and floods that may consume time just finding them or being of the wrong mission type. I dont think it should be looked at from an optimal perspective because kuva farming is rarely optimal. I got 2400 kuva over 15 minutes in the survival, that is equal to 4 siphon missions. Floods should obviously be a bit more effective since they come around once per hour and require a bit more from the player.

Kuva Survival is pretty spot on when it comes to comparing it to the avarage siphon. A slight boost to the kuva reward would be welcomed but not needed. Too much will render the other modes obsolete.

So, I think the Kuva is sufficient. I don't play the Kuva missions, because I don't like catching the Kuva clouds. I am definitly going to play the Kuva survival more often than the Kuva Siphons or Floods.

You need to remember, that the Siphons and Floods have a respawn timer. If you completed all Kuva missions and sill need Kuva, just go into a survival untill the new Siphons and the new Flood is back.

4 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

increasing per siphon isnt the solution. a flat increase with no ramp so its equatable to doing siphons is the solution. you cant just make one method obsolete. you need to balance them at the very least so they feel similar and equally viable for time spent to rewards

Or you could make Siphons rewarding for those who want a quick decent amount of Kuva while giving a reason for people to do long Kuva survival runs. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Stoner:

Or you could make Siphons rewarding for those who want a quick decent amount of Kuva while giving a reason for people to do long Kuva survival runs. 

Kuva Survival was not intended for "quick decent amount". If you want quick Kuva, play the Siphons. Played all Siphons and the Flood? Play survival

1 minute ago, Nigolasy said:

Kuva Survival was not intended for "quick decent amount". If you want quick Kuva, play the Siphons. Played all Siphons and the Flood? Play survival

That's exactly what I said... Kuva Siphon: quick kuva. Kuva survival: longer/harder but wields more kuva the longer you stay. 

9 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

Except survivals give you gradually less survival towers as time goes on, so kuva survival, even if it had its base amount increased, is still linearly less efficient over time than siphons.

It needs to scale, there is no way around it. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Stoner:

That's exactly what I said... Kuva Siphon: quick kuva. Kuva survival: longer/harder but wields more kuva the longer you stay. 

Ah, sorry. My eyes made something else out of your siphon. My bad :highfive:

7 minutes ago, ZephyrPrime said:

Except survivals give you gradually less survival towers as time goes on, so kuva survival, even if it had its base amount increased, is still linearly less efficient over time than siphons.

It needs to scale, there is no way around it. 

From today's hotfix notes:

Survival Life Support Towers no longer have interval spawn scaling (90 seconds + 1 second per pillar), instead they will just spawn every 90 seconds.

2 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

From today's hotfix notes:

Hm, I stand corrected. 

There's still the issue of scaling, enemies are going to be getting harder and harder, without scaling there will be no incentive to go into higher levels when you can just leave at 20 minutes or so and start over stress-free. 

Give me a reason to do high-level stuff, DE!

vor 2 Minuten schrieb ZephyrPrime:

Hm, I stand corrected. 

There's still the issue of scaling, enemies are going to be getting harder and harder, without scaling there will be no incentive to go into higher levels when you can just leave at 20 minutes or so and start over stress-free. 

Well, normal rewards are not scaling aswell. Still people are playing hours of survival just for the sake of surviving. It may not be efficient but played anyways. And the Kuva is enought.

After an hour of farming I made 16.800 Kuva with Booster and Smeeta, which I'm personally happy with. Feels like farming wise it's right inbetween a flood and normal siphon. I don't think, that if the Kuva should scale, it should go up by 50 every 20 mins.

First A, A, B, C = 200 Kuva

Second A, A, B, C = 250

Third = 300 so on untill it hits a cap of 500-600

Personally don't feel like it needs to scale though I'm more than happy with how it is now.

1 minute ago, ZephyrPrime said:

Hm, I stand corrected. 

The impression I'm getting from Kuva survival currently is it's something of a middle ground between regular siphon missions and flood missions. In the short term, you're liable to get more Kuva per time compared to a standard siphon mission, especially if the siphon pops up on a relatively long mission type like mobile defense, spy, or (ship) sabotage. Kuva floods probably win out--as they should, given the increased level. The main advantage to Kuva survival, in my mind at least, is control: It's always up in the same place, it's always a survival mission, and you can extract after however many filters you want. Being able to get conventional endless rewards like Void relics at the same time is also a bonus.

Personally I'm pretty happy with where it's at right now, all things considered. It's a nice alternative.

To be honest I quite enjoy survivals and you get decent relics on the kuva fort so it isn't bad. Besides kuva syphon missions are buggy af to the point they are almost game breaking on occasions. Even though it doesn't scale the smeeta buff will net you bit more and if you time and watch for the buff and stack a few of those red tank things you can net a nice boost. Smeeta is a lot more likely to net a bonus on these mission than on others.

So overall even though it sucks that it doesn't scale it beats the buggy mess kuva syphon missions are. Running around trying to find the bloody syphon because it spawned on the roof when you were in the basement..... yeah still happy regardless. Consistent kuva and you know the mission type.