Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the point of figuring out your best/optimal build & combos, if they're just gonna get nerfed? (Not a Sh!tpost)

Maka.Bones

3 hours ago, seprent said:

MY gf kinda thought the same way but she shifted to a war-cry build due to one of my idiot savant moments of thinking aloud and well it kills things alot of things i don't know the specifics but i know in entails a butt ton of power strength and her war-cry augment she still has a hysteria build with its augment too but that one is mostly for laughs because leaping at enemies is kinda fun maybe you already figured out a different build for her but thought id give you a suggestion

I have a warcry build.  it's good enough.  But you still end up popping hysteria when you go on extended missions.  at least in my experience.  Regardless I feel like she should still resiste energy draining effects some what.  Other frames have this.  I don't see why she can't.

8 hours ago, Chipputer said:

This has to be the most ignorant statement I've ever seen on these forums.

Warframe is not a game intended to be balanced by devs in the first place, discrepancy between each item is needed to drive players through progression and reward systems. 

When DE said 'balance' it is the progression speed statistics of Warframe population which needs to be kept in check. 

Warframe has never contained any numerical balance or situational balance, "better get those better side grades" and "no official tier" explain the numerical balance clearly, there're a lot of big differences in the number of situations that a certain frame or weapon can perform well when compared to others which leads to the famous "mag is useless" quote and many more. Use mag as an example, if it can perform well in less situations than Frost/nyx/loki, those situations have to be weighted to give incentives to use mag. 

If it's an ignorant statement then you must imply that DE is incompetent at balancing. 

15 hours ago, Volinus7 said:

there're a lot of big differences in the number of situations that a certain frame or weapon can perform well when compared to others which leads to the famous "mag is useless" quote and many more. Use mag as an example, if it can perform well in less situations than Frost/nyx/loki, those situations have to be weighted to give incentives to use mag. 

I can see that.  Glaives and Ivara come to mind.  Glaives by themselves aren't that powerful.  Add Navigator into the mix and things change a lot.  

Edited by DatDarkOne
correction

49 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Can't remember off the top of my head.  I can look later tonight when I have time.  But I know the wiki has it written on some frames where energy draining effects don't do as much to them.

normally any warframe that has a toggle energy drain ability should resist a leech eximus though it kinda iffy like chroma shouldn't be able to not gain energy from outside sources while effigy is up but trinity can charge him but eximus cant drain him if i remember right regardless of resisting it becomes priority alpha to kill the bugger if so much as a smell of them comes up since no one likes having no energy 

Wait, the Arca Plasmor can’t get headshots? I’ve been getting headshots with the AP for a while. Not a lot but at least 1 per 20-30 kills unless I aim directly at their heads with the intention to shoot them in the head. Easier to hit when shot from above. Unless they unnerfed the headshot removal and y’all are just talking about one of those back and forth nerfs. 

6 hours ago, seprent said:

normally any warframe that has a toggle energy drain ability should resist a leech eximus though it kinda iffy like chroma shouldn't be able to not gain energy from outside sources while effigy is up but trinity can charge him but eximus cant drain him if i remember right regardless of resisting it becomes priority alpha to kill the bugger if so much as a smell of them comes up since no one likes having no energy 

Yeah I know.  I just dislike that I can't take her up against corpus sorties.  Really I dislike corpus in general.  So many units that can mess with your abilities and energy via auras.

2 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Wait, the Arca Plasmor can’t get headshots? I’ve been getting headshots with the AP for a while. Not a lot but at least 1 per 20-30 kills unless I aim directly at their heads with the intention to shoot them in the head. Easier to hit when shot from above. Unless they unnerfed the headshot removal and y’all are just talking about one of those back and forth nerfs. 

I think that patch has already reached you guys but the arca plasmor cant get headshots anymore.

This was supposedly done to avoid harrows new augment becoming too powerful, also as it seems its no longer controlable by navigator to avoid plains massacre.

22 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

They come here because they want to shoot literal nukes on enemies who are as threatening as cabbages in a map what is as basic as in any 2000's fps.

lol xD

22 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Back to warframe if we could finally get an official statement on what this game supposed to be and what is the developer vision we could atleast discuss whats good and what bad in it but without it we are moving in the dark.

True, but I still the essence of the video captures what i'm trying to communicate:

That it's better to fix a problem by giving more incentive to go the direction the devs want, then by limiting options. To give options for more fun, instead of removing fun. 

10 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I think that patch has already reached you guys but the arca plasmor cant get headshots anymore.

This was supposedly done to avoid harrows new augment becoming too powerful, also as it seems its no longer controlable by navigator to avoid plains massacre.

So it must be a PC thing. PC does get the updates or patches before consoles. Maybe we PS4 users haven’t received it yet. 

@PrivateRiem Yeah not unless you play sub lvl 60... In which case, that's exactly the reason we make optimal builds... so that we can one-shot them, before they kill us. ;)  but I thought I should point this out, because maybe you missed it.

On 3/29/2018 at 12:09 AM, Maka.Bones said:

So I thought of a possible idea that might help with it: Introduce 1-4 alternate game modes

2) Legendary mode:  (similar principle as Vauban's passive, but for enemy units)

• Instead of enemy spawns increasing with more tennos.... Enemy spawn #s remain the same as single-player mode, but their stats scale higher with each additional tenno in the party
  • Higher reward yield than regular missions--Increased difficulty, would also mean that enemies take more thought/teamwork/effort/time to kill
  • Turn off any auto-kill mechanics (like covert lethality)
  • Specific units, might require specific strategies/combinations to kill them
  • I'd either make enemies extremely easy to kill, but able to oneshot any warframe... Or extremely hard to kill, but doesn't immediately kill a tenno (still can kill em in about 3 shots though)

4) We (us players) could all just let other people have fun....?

• Don't be selfish tenno.--Think about if you were in that same situation, as the other tenno
  • if you're feeling salty/left out that you don't have another person's setup, well you can always work for it as well! :D
  • ask for help with getting the stuff you need!
  • Except rivens... rivens are pure RNG and they hate us all. Hate the riven though; not the player

There you go~ 

5 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

@PrivateRiem Yeah not unless you play sub lvl 60... In which case, that's exactly the reason we make optimal builds... so that we can one-shot them, before they kill us. ;)  but I thought I should point this out, because maybe you missed it.

There you go~ 

What's the point of figuring out your best/optimal build & combos if everything dies in one hit regardless since no mission in the game start with a high enough level for such builds to ever matter?

Having to wait 40-70 minutes in a survival before I can start having fun is, well, not fun.

9 minutes ago, PrivateRiem said:

What's the point of figuring out your best/optimal build & combos if everything dies in one hit regardless since no mission in the game start with a high enough level for such builds to ever matter?

Having to wait 40-70 minutes in a survival before I can start having fun is, well, not fun.

Have you not done sorties...? or played in Mot? or run the index, or the arena? Have you not killed eidolons?....   "endgame content" isn't supposed to be in 50% of the game... not even 20% of the game.... endgame content is like... at the end... 

1 minute ago, Maka.Bones said:

Have you not done sorties...? or played in Mot? or run the index, or the arena? Have you not killed eidolons?....   "endgame content" isn't supposed to be in 50% of the game... not even 20% of the game.... endgame content is like... at the end... 

None of that is endgame, or challenging, or difficult in any way, shape or form.

The only possible exception is level 80-100 sortie eximus survival, which is pretty enjoyable, even if it's not particularly difficult.

Just now, PrivateRiem said:

None of that is endgame, or challenging, or difficult in any way, shape or form.

The only possible exception is level 80-100 sortie eximus survival, which is pretty enjoyable, even if it's not particularly difficult.

Well... that's your case & opinion man :) I still enjoy it, and i don't think it's crazy easy ether... maybe you got super powers or something, but it sucks that you can't enjoy it... so why do you play? lol

Dude if you're just gonna be a negative nancy, i'm not gonna keep replying ;) 

Hope you find something fun to do in the game tho~

since you're so superior to all of us, and anything in the game n all

You remind me of saitama "im so strong that it's not fulfilling anymoar!!! what's the point?!?! D:"

Edited by Maka.Bones

3 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Well... that's your case & opinion man :) I still enjoy it, and i don't think it's crazy easy ether... maybe you got super powers or something, but it sucks that you can't enjoy it... so why do you play? lol

Because I've been waiting two and a half years for DE to realize their never ending powercreep is abusive and unneeded. We're spoonfed more and more powerful guns, mods and warframes, meanwhile the starchart is still "balanced" for the game as it was about 4 something years ago.

I just want missions that don't require me to fall asleep on my keyboard for at least half an hour before I can get any thrills.

Edited by PrivateRiem

3 things.

1, if people would just keep their mouth shut and keep their techniques within a small circle, it won't get noticed and nerfed.

2.If we had endless scaling enemies that don't take 14 hours to get to, we'd have a place for everyone, because every combo has an enemy level that will match it.

3. Why people get jealous about this kind of stuff is kind of childish, and it's really a maturity issue. It's true we need an actual competition in this game, but i know for CERTAIN that when people want something nerfed, it's because one guy is getting more kills than the other or dealing more damage. If damage is really the issue, then we need tankier enemies. See number 2.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

3. Why people get jealous about this kind of stuff is kind of childish, and it's really a maturity issue. It's true we need an actual competition in this game, but i know for CERTAIN that when people want something nerfed, it's because one guy is getting more kills than the other or dealing more damage.

Yo Crix, remember when that guy got upset awhile back when I posted my end mission results as Ivara on the Forums.  Dude tried his best to prove I couldn't do what I did.  Ahhhh fun times.  LOL 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

3 things.

1, if people would just keep their mouth shut and keep their techniques within a small circle, it won't get noticed and nerfed.

2.If we had endless scaling enemies that don't take 14 hours to get to, we'd have a place for everyone, because every combo has an enemy level that will match it.

3. Why people get jealous about this kind of stuff is kind of childish, and it's really a maturity issue. It's true we need an actual competition in this game, but i know for CERTAIN that when people want something nerfed, it's because one guy is getting more kills than the other or dealing more damage. If damage is really the issue, then we need tankier enemies. See number 2.

This exactly.  (But again, it sucks that we'd have to resort to #1. )

Edited by Maka.Bones

12 hours ago, PrivateRiem said:

I just want missions that don't require me to fall asleep on my keyboard for at least half an hour before I can get any thrills.

Hence why I suggested the "legendary" mode ;) 

IK that a lot of people also feel the same way as you. I started to after getting my prodman poster. I just took a break from games, so that my space ninjas skills would get duller. 

Edited by Maka.Bones