The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Genders

(XBOX)psyops6

3 hours ago, (XB1)psyops6 said:

It does to me, considering the technology these days and key words and such.....

Anyways, stop trolling my post and it would be great if someone could reference the original posts that you all speak of or just post positive comments on this topic.

Trolling? Lol.

Here you go.

6 hours ago, (XB1)psyops6 said:

I think it would be worth it in my opinion if they could come up with a way to make it happen. That would just be more $$$ in their pockets. Small tweaks to a warframe to change the gender and can even keep the same name and abilities. Just a thought...

Eh, no, not for the amount of time and effort spent? If the game was as simple as, say Closers, introducing a splash screen of the other gender would be easy (as it's doing right now) but even they don't go so far as to change the gender of the sprite -and we're talking a vastly 'simpler' (it most terms anyway) game. For Warframe, this would be a goddamn nightmare to do. And even if they did, it wouldn't rack up as much money as you think (it'd most likely be the purchasing of the female versions, if that, statistically speaking).

Also, eventually they will run out of warframes to make and this would broaden their horizons. Even just starting out with Ember and Frost for example to test the waters...

I... kinda doubt that, to be honest. I mean, they still haven't primed a TON of frames and weapons, not to mention they are not in any way obliged to make new frames every year (let alone as many as they actually do). At some point it's going to stop anyway -and mere genderbending of a frame does not a new frame make. It's just rehashing the same thing, just with an alternate (like Market-bought) skin. The only one that could realistically be released with little waste of resources would be Ember as she already has a male mesh (from way back when) but even that would require a lot of work to update.

4 hours ago, (XB1)psyops6 said:

It does to me, considering the technology these days and key words and such.....

Anyways, stop trolling my post and it would be great if someone could reference the original posts that you all speak of or just post positive comments on this topic.

Eh, you post something in the forums and ask for feedback, you're going to get feedback. While I'm okay with asking not to be trolled, why should we leave 'positive' comments on a topic if we don't agree? We state our disagreement and the reasons for such disagreement -that is criticism, the start point of progress.

Nice April fools' joke.... Wait, you're serious?

Warframes were made from actually infested people/beings... They're actual (somewhat sentient) beings within the lore. It would be like me asking you to clone yourself, with the opposite gender instead. 

Ok, I get it... The search bar on this forum doesn't work properly so I was supposed to know this and google instead. I didn't realize there were so many video game creators on this forum... Everyone on here seems to know what DE can and can't do. If the storyline (like someone mentioned earlier) prohibits it from happening so be it, end of discussion. Otherwise if it is possible then who would like to see it happen? If enough people request it then the Devs might consider it. Rather than underestimating their capabilities.....

Ok, I get it... The search bar on this forum doesn't work properly so I was supposed to know this and google instead. I didn't realize there were so many video game creators on this forum... Everyone on here seems to know what DE can and can't do. If the storyline (like someone mentioned earlier) prohibits it from happening so be it, end of discussion. Otherwise if it is possible then who would like to see it happen? If enough people request it then the Devs might consider it. Rather than underestimating their capabilities.....

You're being silly. DE has said they wont, and the reasons we are giving you are the reasons they've given us.

They literally can't afford to stop working on new stuff, gender-bending the warframes would earn little profit and occupy important resources.

If enough people request it then the Devs might consider it. Rather than underestimating their capabilities.....

They themselves are the ones that came forward with the information regarding their capabilities and how it would not be worth the effort requires to do it. WE aren'e the ones questioning their capabilities, we are simply reiterating their own words.

The devs themselves stated on numerous occasions that they had no intention or desire to do such a thing. Nothing to do with can or can't. They don't WANT to, that's it. They have much more pressing matters to attend to.

Ok, I get it... The search bar on this forum doesn't work properly so I was supposed to know this and google instead.

If you claim to have browsed the forums, yes.

Speaking of that claim, 

18 hours ago, (XB1)psyops6 said:

Unless there is another search bar, the one in the top right corner only now displays my topic and posts within it regarding "gender".

Searching ''gender'' in the forum wide search bar brings up a whole list, on the first page of which is this thread.

Potentially you clicked on the search bar which defaulted to ''This Topic'' searches and attempted to use that to search the forums, however since you searched for results limited to ''This Topic'' you are unfortunately only going to get results limited to this topic.

Am I being hard on you? Yes, and for that I apologise. But hey, if explaining how to search properly helps you find threads with answers in the future then consider me a happy Monkey.

On 01/04/2018 at 11:18 AM, Maka.Bones said:

Warframes were made from actually infested people/beings... They're actual (somewhat sentient) beings within the lore. It would be like me asking you to clone yourself, with the opposite gender instead.

Except you know that having an opposite gender clone of you would be amazing. From random pranks right on through to answering the old question of 'does it actually count if the other person is you too?'

Am 1.4.2018 um 12:18 schrieb Maka.Bones:

You have no issue with the concept of enslaved, sentient clones but you do with modifications? Huh. It's not like genitals or gendered features have any influence on the genetic potential or technology used you know.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

You have no issue with the concept of enslaved, sentient clones but you do with modifications? Huh. It's not like genitals or gendered features have any influence on the genetic potential or technology used you know.

Where does it say that they're enslaved...?  More like I have an issue with forcing that n another being. ;)

Edited by Maka.Bones

1 hour ago, Thaylien said:

Except you know that having an opposite gender clone of you would be amazing. From random pranks right on through to answering the old question of 'does it actually count if the other person is you too?'

I guess if you wouldn't mind doing it to yourself, and you just think that it's you, then w/e *shrug*

13 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

They're literall mindcontrolled puppets. Come again?

If they don't have a conscious mind at all, they aren't mind-controlled. No more than a mechanical arm is 'mind controlled' in the sense you mean, even though it is an external object controlled by a mind that doesn't belong to it. Warframes are literally just a prosthetic body for a being that was unable to stay in their own, because they were a child with too much power and unable to use it without hurting others.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Thaylien:

If they don't have a conscious mind at all, they aren't mind-controlled. No more than a mechanical arm is 'mind controlled' in the sense you mean, even though it is an external object controlled by a mind that doesn't belong to it. Warframes are literally just a prosthetic body for a being that was unable to stay in their own, because they were a child with too much power and unable to use it without hurting others.

remember this scene?

And back to the main topic, what does it matter whether a clone is male or female then? If it is a direct clone of something else, what is the chance there isn't a sentience involved? If there indeed isn't, why can it not be modified?

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

remember this scene?

No conscious mind.

Read the words, understand the words. Technically speaking, if you cut off a human's head, it still has a brain, as the complexity of the organs that remain are equivalent to that of insects and other small living creatures. The internal organs in the torso are technically capable of functioning without a brain as long as the right nerve impulses happen.

Just because something can move and react does not make it alive.

When the Orokin made the 'metal puppets' for the Tenno to operate (hence Operators) they made space for the Operator's minds to inhabit using Transference. Meaning that the warframe has all the kit and caboodle necessary to be alive, but isn't.

Another way to look at it is the Hive Mind effect used so often in sci-fi, where there is an overall mind, but the drones do not think, only follow instructions, and only are considered 'alive' because they are part of the whole.

Considering that the Orokin made the Infested first, they knew intimately how the Hive Mind would function and, more specifically, what it used to communicate with and control its drones using. All they did was place the Tenno Operator in the position of the Hive Mind.

Besides, there is equal evidence since The War Within to suggest that this movement of the Warframe during The Second Dream was not actually the Frame, but a hint to their Innate Transference powers, able to operate the Warframe without direct contact and command it without a Transference array such as the Reservoir or the Liset chair.

So... if you really want to debate the Lore, I'm more than happy to oblige ^^

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Thaylien:

No conscious mind.

Read the words, understand the words. Technically speaking, if you cut off a human's head, it still has a brain, as the complexity of the organs that remain are equivalent to that of insects and other small living creatures. The internal organs in the torso are technically capable of functioning without a brain as long as the right nerve impulses happen.

Just because something can move and react does not make it alive.

When the Orokin made the 'metal puppets' for the Tenno to operate (hence Operators) they made space for the Operator's minds to inhabit using Transference. Meaning that the warframe has all the kit and caboodle necessary to be alive, but isn't.

Another way to look at it is the Hive Mind effect used so often in sci-fi, where there is an overall mind, but the drones do not think, only follow instructions, and only are considered 'alive' because they are part of the whole.

Considering that the Orokin made the Infested first, they knew intimately how the Hive Mind would function and, more specifically, what it used to communicate with and control its drones using. All they did was place the Tenno Operator in the position of the Hive Mind.

Besides, there is equal evidence since The War Within to suggest that this movement of the Warframe during The Second Dream was not actually the Frame, but a hint to their Innate Transference powers, able to operate the Warframe without direct contact and command it without a Transference array such as the Reservoir or the Liset chair.

So... if you really want to debate the Lore, I'm more than happy to oblige ^^

The difference between reaction and consciosness shows in that scene tho.

Frame's been stabbed, moves by itself. A unconscious reaction would be basic survival, pulling the sword, compensating the damage. It did not. It broke the sword knowing what would happen. That wasn't just some random act but the only possible solution to beat the stalker. It was the active choice of a life in slavery over certain death of the operator and in turn everything in his posession. It most likely was supposed to show how the frame stands besides you, what bond it shares with you but if you give it a little thought, it's pretty f***ed up. I mean the last option you providet is just as possible. Not likely, especially given the circumstances and totally nonexistant implications, definitly not as likely as fully sentient frames especially given what we do know about them but indeed possible. Just not very likely. So is the hive mind, except that it would be able to act more complex since movesets are indeed providet, especially when dealing with melee weapons. Automated battle while in transference should be possible so it is yet again not very likely.

But gender huh. For something people consider mindless shells. Especially when people shouldn't mind one bit.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Would be a lot of work, but nothing's saying that it would have to all be at once. Offer it as a platinum purchase, and release two flips every few months.

Or: tap TennoGen. I have no doubt that there would be plenty of skilled creators out there willing to do the work if it meant getting their personal Warframe Waifu.

That said, as neat as it would be to play a cool looking female Ash, I'm over it.