Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets talk about single time weapons.

(PSN)Xasket

So, a while back, I got a Broken Scepter Riven. As of right now, I'm MR23. so Broken Scepter isn't a weapon I've used in a long long time. Because of this, the weapon was sold. At the time of it being sold, I was under the impression that I could do the quest again and get a blueprint. The quest is re-playable after all. Why would they lock a quest drop as a one time only, right? So needless to say, I redid War Within just to get that weapon. I find out at the end of it that i cant receive it again. No problem, I barter. Lets check out the market. Oh. There's no blueprint or purchasable Broken Scepter in market. So, at this time, I decide to go to the wiki/forums/Reddit. All of my points brought me to the helpdesk. I tell helpdesk my dilemma and they say that its too late to recover it as its been more than 30 days. Well, of course it has, its probably been pushing a year. So, I rebuttal to helpdesk asking them what are people supposed to do then in this situation? I receive no response for a very long time. Finally, a couple  of weeks later, I get a followup response from helpdesk. Nothing. I can do nothing.

Well that's just peachy. I get a riven for a weapon I can never get again.

Don't sell your weapons.

????? If you're that high on MR level then you should've known/ been made aware of the fact that quest bound rewards (Frame bps, weapons, etc) may very well be unobtainable again (yet).

Don't even mention needing slots etc since those are easily gotten with just a few hours or days worth of free market game. :/

This was a while ago that I sold the weapon. the "as of right now im MR23" was meant to state that its been a while since I had it. I sold the weapon back when I was low MR. I had no idea about any of that problem as I don't really use western websites as I live in China. In the end, it is what it is. The main point i was trying to make was the final line.

I believe this is something that had been brought up several times. Hope they at least make it available in the market with a mr lock as high as the mr lock on war within (or 1 mr higher, that works too). Making them reobtainable from quest might be seen as a possibly abused system for newbies to farm credits (yeah i know it's inefficient af).

While I feel like it's your fault for not being cautious and observant enough, I know that the fault lies with DEvelopers not making it clear enough what you can and can not re-obtain and making it too easy to sell something you didn't mean to while selling multiple things at once.

weapons you shouldn't sell, at least until you've maxed them:

- Ether Daggers (can only be obtained once via quest)

- Snipetron (rare event weapon.)

- Machete (rare event weapon)

- Broken Scepter (can only be obtained once Via Quest)

- Supra Vandal (not yet added to invasions/Baro, waiting for it's return)

- any of the Dex Weapons (Dex Dakra, Dex Furis and Dex Sybaris), you can get them back but you'll have to wait for the next Anniversary.

anything else is fair game, as it can be re-obtained in short order.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

47 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I hate to nitpick, but I'm gonna power through it anyway: Ether Daggers are (as of now) also available via the Plague Star thing, so they're Quest / Event rewards now (doesn't change your main point, which is they're not something to get rid of lightly). 

I was surprised to see them (I missed the first Plague Star); I thought they were never going to be anything but one-time quest rewards. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

12 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I was surprised to see them (I missed the first Plague Star); I thought they were never going to be anything but one-time quest rewards. 

Kind of one major difference, the first reward of the Ether Daggers from the quest was their blueprint same as plague star.  So can be seen as like any other weapon blueprint, eg the boltor or furis from the junction rewards on your way to that quest.

Broken scepter came with slot and catalyst, which should tell you not to get rid.

20 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I hate to nitpick, but I'm gonna power through it anyway: Ether Daggers are (as of now) also available via the Plague Star thing, so they're Quest / Event rewards now (doesn't change your main point, which is they're not something to get rid of lightly). 

that's true, though plague star is a temporary event, so isn't a permanently viable way of getting those Daggers.

to be honest, DE could do us all a favour and just make replayable quests give out the weapon reward again (or a blueprint of it). I bet it would take a lot of weight off the Support desk, since they always get contacted by players who accidentally sell something that's one-time only.

37 minutes ago, EliteStrike1 said:

Broken scepter came with slot and catalyst, which should tell you not to get rid.

Yes, that's been my yardstick for it: if it comes with the slot and catalyst, then it stays. Even if I never use it again (which I haven't, not since I mastered it). 

Heres how you avoid that in future...

Does the blueprint exist on the market/dojo ? 

Can the blueprint be farmed ? 

Is it a syndicate weapon? 

If you answer now to any of those...... DO NOT SELL IT.

i did the same with that spinny disc gun thing...... totally my bad but i weighed up my options and binned it. wish i didn't but meh - plenty more steel in the furnace ;) 

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- any of the Dex Weapons (Dex Dakra, Dex Furis and Dex Sybaris), you can get them back but you'll have to wait for the next Anniversary.

Also, the Orvius. While you can get parts again, the blueprint is a 1-time quest reward.

2 hours ago, (XB1)ThermalStone said:

Did they add a way to get back the mote amp?

Anyways, OP, try submitting a support ticket.  Maybe DE can reverse the transaction and give you back Broken Scepter.

I think you should re-read the first post.

15 hours ago, Corvid said:

Also, the Orvius. While you can get parts again, the blueprint is a 1-time quest reward.

Just make the Blueprint a rare drop too.

I don't know, make it so Siphons can drop a Broken Scepter BP and let Kuva Survival have a chance at rewarding the Orvius BP per completed Kuva Extractor.

It takes two seconds DE.

В 10.04.2018 в 13:53, (PS4)robotwars7 сказал:

Azima, Zenith, Zenistar, Orvius.