The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

KHORA

(PSN)Croewe

1 minute ago, Kappa64 said:

Doesn't matter what he said, nonconstructive or not, it's still his opinion.

Telling him to gtfo only makes you look bad.

It's not that he's stating his opinion ... I'm all for that
it's that he likes to state MY opinion ~ He likes to tell ME what I'M thinking
I've asked him to stop.. told to stop.. asked to leave.. told to leave
I can't block him~ if I ignore him he keeps posting~
The heck am I supposed to do at that point? he just comes in and starts farting all over the thread ~

4 minutes ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

this thread is a focus on they made a unique frame with an awesome concept and then changed that last minute to something else...

It wasn't last minute. It NEVER got implemented. I didn't follow every devstream but I believe it never got out of a single promotional image. Months ago.

If fact the real mistake here is: At some point the devs suggested the idea of an Exalted Whip.

Edited by Duduminador

3 hours ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

this thread is a focus on they made a unique frame with an awesome concept and then changed that last minute to something else...

The concept has been done before. You state that Strangle Dome is just a reskinned Bastille, yet that's exactly what the exalted whip would be. Exalted melee always ends up just being spam clicked and gets boring really fast in my opinion. The damage of every default combo in exalted stances is so exceptional, the other combos might as well not exist. I doubt Khora would end up any different.

Just now, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

It's not that he's stating his opinion ... I'm all for that
it's that he likes to state MY opinion ~ He likes to tell ME what I'M thinking
I've asked him to stop.. told to stop.. asked to leave.. told to leave
I can't block him~ if I ignore him he keeps posting~
The heck am I supposed to do at that point? he just comes in and starts farting all over the thread ~

Just ignore it, and he'll stop posting eventually. But getting all upset about someone being a nuisance isn't the way to go about solving the problem. 

20 hours ago, Semiramis. said:

Honestly, I don’t understand all the hate she is receiving. What we saw on dev stream 109 was on the dev build which as they said was still being worked on hence  the presence of some bugs. Therefore so many people are frustrated that they removed the exalted whip and find the new ultimate  completely useless but why don’t we give her a chance? As Tactical Potato said, Im paraphrasing: “We should all give some time to a warframe we hate and understand them before projecting all our hatred towards them”. Additionally, the Warframe hasn’t even been released yet and some are already  saying “wow she was fun before now shes just boring” I just don't see how you could know if you didn’t even try her out yet. Nonetheless, I know you guys are giving feedback and that’s what the devs want but I think we shouldn’t always judge a book by it’s cover. The Warframe team have been working on her for roughly 5 months now and after all the IPS feedback they decided to completely change her and the results are nearly not welcomed at all. As we have seen before, underwhelming abilities might come out as outstanding abilities when it comes live. Moreover, im not trying to bash anyone, Im just trying to understand why everyone is being so negative about something that they have just seen and not experienced yet.

(Sorry if things are badly placed, this is my first time using the forums)

Also here’s the video about Tactical Potato expressing his ideas towards a disliked Warframe: 

I 100% agree with all of your points.

I'm not here to give opinion or what but for those that think an exalted whip would be OP, you are wrong. Main reason of this is because we have atterax here, wich is not an exalted weapon but is OP because of multiple factor. 

Exalted weapon unlike normal weapon, won't work with maiming strike, bloodrush and all those OP spin 2 win mod. Unless the exalted in question have something special like guaranteed insta kill or massive damage multiplier, it won't be better than an atterax or a scoliac (with riven).

Thx.

Edited by ---Dradon---

1 minute ago, ---Dradon--- said:

I'm not her to give opinion or what but for those that think an exalted whip would be OP, you are wrong. Main reason of this is because we have atterax here, wich is not an exalted weapon but is OP because of multiple factor. 

Exalted weapon unlike normal weapon, won't work with maiming strike, bloodrush and all those OP spin 2 win mod. Unless the exalted in question have something special like guaranteed insta kill or massive damage multiplier, it won't be better than an atterax or a scoliac (with riven).

Thx.

They can be affected by power strength mods, on top of regular melee mods, along with generally having some sort of unique perk. 

It's no maiming strike+bloodrush but it's arguably better.

il y a 3 minutes, Kappa64 a dit :

They can be affected by power strength mods, on top of regular melee mods, along with generally having some sort of unique perk. 

It's no maiming strike+bloodrush but it's arguably better.

True, but I'm pretty sure that DE would have found a way to balance it or horribly nerf it. Remember, no fun allowed (looking at you ember)

Edited by ---Dradon---

1 minute ago, Kappa64 said:

Just because you don't abuse the whip meta doesn't mean the other 99.9% of the community won't. Yes, whips are OP, but they already said a melee rework is super far down the line, so until then they have to be wary of making it any stronger. 

Also I fail to see how yet another frame with yet another generic exalted weapon is unique, but that's just my 2 cents.

I've noticed that being thrown around ... I dunno if it's because I see exalted weapons just fundamentally different than everyone else or something.
When you say Generic Exalted Weapon that sorta baffles me because I don't see anything generic about any of the Exalted weapons in game ... I mean it's not like we have 3 Frames with Exalted swords. So I don't see it as 'Another Exalted Weapon' I see it as 'The first Exalted Whip'

3 minutes ago, ---Dradon--- said:

True, but I'm pretty sure that DE would have found a way to balance it or horribly nerf it. Remember, no fun allowed (looking at you ember)

maybe that is your opinion of the matter but i find plains to be egregiously unfun but others quite like it. people have different tastes. i absolutely loath exalted modes. because i do i tend not to use those frames often. DE likes fun and people find warframe extremely fun soo.....

12 minutes ago, Kappa64 said:

Just ignore it, and he'll stop posting eventually. But getting all upset about someone being a nuisance isn't the way to go about solving the problem. 

Okay, yeah ~ you're right
It's just ... I guess because I had to go to College with the budding SJW crowd I started to get a bit over angry when someone that doesn't know me tells me what my opinions and beliefs are ...

So (PS4)CoolD2108 ~ I apologize but at the same time I'm not going to give you the time of day anymore ~

Just now, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

I've noticed that being thrown around ... I dunno if it's because I see exalted weapons just fundamentally different than everyone else or something.
When you say Generic Exalted Weapon that sorta baffles me because I don't see anything generic about any of the Exalted weapons in game ... I mean it's not like we have 3 Frames with Exalted swords. So I don't see it as 'Another Exalted Weapon' I see it as 'The first Exalted Whip'

Valkyr: Exalted Claws, and you're immortal + lifesteal

Excalibur: Exalted Blade, and you shoot waves out of your sword

Wukong: Exalted Stick, and it gets bigger

Titania: Exalted SMGs/Sword, and they're archwing weapons, but anywhere

Mesa: Exalted Pistols, and they aimbot

Atlas: Exalted Punches, and they lock on + do tons of damage with it's left-right-goodnight

Gara: Exalted Glass Sword Thing, and it sweeps/stabs for a ton of damage

Ivara: Exalted Bow, and it shoots a ton of arrows in different orientations

The point is with all these is they are extremely powerful abilities that are spammed for all the wrong reasons, and end up being incredibly dull. They're all incredibly strong, and are arguably the strongest part of each of these frames, and yet they pretty much are all the same thing, with some minor variance. They're powerful weapons that take away your primary, secondary and melee weapon in favor of it, and for just about all these frames, it's the one thing many people build around. 

The reason I and many others consider them boring is not because it's an Exalted Whip, but rather an Exalted something. Of all these on this list, Gara and Atlas are undoubtedly the least affected by this stigma, since it still allows for interaction between your weapons and other abilities without being super handicapped trying to build for them.

Kappa64's post pretty much answers this thread in general.

17 minutes ago, ---Dradon--- said:

True, but I'm pretty sure that DE would have found a way to balance it or horribly nerf it. Remember, no fun allowed

This game is not fun BECAUSE IT DOESN'T CHALLENGE US. Why Dark Souls was fun to those people who persevered? Because it challenged them to learn from their mistakes while the players might not be perfect they have definitely shown that they can break the chains that shackled them and overcome the odds that are against them. Why people liked Megaman X or Megaman games in general? Because they were challenging. Yes those games are vastly different from Warframe but they have something Warframe doesn't. Balance what comes on how much power player has.

15 minutes ago, Kappa64 said:

Atlas: Exalted Punches, and they lock on + do tons of damage with it's left-right-goodnight

The point is with all these is they are extremely powerful abilities that are spammed for all the wrong reasons, and end up being incredibly dull. They're all incredibly strong, and are arguably the strongest part of each of these frames, and yet they pretty much are all the same thing, with some minor variance. They're powerful weapons that take away your primary, secondary and melee weapon in favor of it, and for just about all these frames, it's the one thing many people build around. 

The reason I and many others consider them boring is not because it's an Exalted Whip, but rather an Exalted something. Of all these on this list, Gara and Atlas are undoubtedly the least affected by this stigma, since it still allows for interaction between your weapons and other abilities without being super handicapped trying to build for them.

So... does that mean there should never be anymore exalted weapons ?

1 hour ago, Dragonofdarkness13 said:

1) Speculation on the player status of viewers

Speculation that a stream on twitch doesn't exclusively have players of a game watching? OK

2) Does not negate that valid questions and points are made in the chat

3) that's you're own opinion and not a fact

It's a widely held opinion that Twitch chat is total garbage. Lowest effort, maximum output contest for who is the most annoying. More power to anyone who can get anything of value from it.

It isn't an opinion, however, that just because a player says something that DE automatically should be required to entertain that idea. It's insanity.

completely valid source of at least some level of census

No. Straight up no. Would you like consensus on Warframe becoming a match-3 puzzle fighter? Because someone could create "consensus" on Twitch for that. Especially given it would make the least sense for the game. Nothing like being a contrarian and/or edgy to really rev up the internet.

26 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Speculation that a stream on twitch doesn't exclusively have players of a game watching? OK

It's a widely held opinion that Twitch chat is total garbage. Lowest effort, maximum output contest for who is the most annoying. More power to anyone who can get anything of value from it.

It isn't an opinion, however, that just because a player says something that DE automatically should be required to entertain that idea. It's insanity.

No. Straight up no. Would you like consensus on Warframe becoming a match-3 puzzle fighter? Because someone could create "consensus" on Twitch for that. Especially given it would make the least sense for the game. Nothing like being a contrarian and/or edgy to really rev up the internet.

FINE you think Twitch chat is Garbage ... your opinion
However Why would people that don't play Warframe be watching a Development News Show about Warframe...
Maybe a few but I Seriously doubt enough to matter
I'm trying to make a point that the Devs can see a question or an opinion in the Chat and be able to answer or give a response to that opinion... it seems like they can garner valid feedback from a supposed " unusable source " of opinion...
I NEVER SAID that just because a player said something they NEED entertain it... 
Are you purposely trying to misinterpret what I said? Warframe is the game that it is and yeah if a Twitch group said it should to be changed to a puzzle fighter that'd be asinine ... But that isn't the case... By the logic of not being able to use Twitch chat as any source of feedback information .. than wouldn't that mean that Twitter is also out? So all the info the Devs post to Twitter is invalid because Twitter is just as cancerous as twitch chat .. with people that use it that are players... Or perhaps this very forum, the same could be said about it .. not all users are players and it's been said by some that it's trash... so is everything here just as invalid?

If the Devs Trust Twitch enough to ask the viewers " What do you think? " It's obvious they trust that the majority of the voices are players with honest opinions
Thus a Valid place to gather feedback ~ 

Edited by Dragonofdarkness13
typo

24 minutes ago, Finara said:

I personnaly think that Venari and her ult shoul be switched. Venari could be a very powerful summoning ability like chroma's sentry.

Hopefully they also tweaked the effectiveness of Pet AI once Khora gets release.

At best, we should wait until Khora drops to see how effective she is and her kit in spite of the absence of an exalted whip.

il y a 6 minutes, Duality52 a dit :

Hopefully they also tweaked the effectiveness of Pet AI once Khora gets release.

At best, we should wait until Khora drops to see how effective she is and her kit in spite of the absence of an exalted whip.

I have a pretty good feeling about the dual kavat mechanic. One kavat to boost crit (I use Adarza) and another to deal massive damages.

I would like the whip back. Or at least a variation of it.... Cat-o-nine tails mayb. Even fits the cat theme with its name. It'd be great. Seriously though what does strangledome actually accomplish for your playability other than making it another stand in one place defensive ability like so many other frames. And from the looks of it, it's not even really that thematic with her other powers. I mean i know the whole BDSM chains thing..to go along with the whipcrack, but doesn't it feel a little lacking in terms of what it actually brings to her kit as a whole? Certainly doesn't really feel like it'd be worthy of an ultimate ability when other frames have their 1-3 powers that work the same or better. 

When they'll realize that Khora is basically a clone of Gara (except the kavat thing), let's hope they'll do something about that...

For the moment, we just have to keep in mind that Khora has only one power: her Kavat. Her 1st sure looks powerful, but come on, her 2nd and 4th... They took more than 6 months to make this warframe, and this is to me the biggest fail of all the Warframe's story, even biggest than peculiar mods or nezha...

Let's hope my friends, they did something for Gara a few weeks after her release, maybe they will for her doppleganger

7 hours ago, Kappa64 said:

I would buy into this mess if it were not for the fact that you used Gara for your example.  Let's take everything you said bad about exalted weapons into consideration.  If what you say is so true, then what is Khora's 1?  According to your words, that would mean that Khora's exalted weapon was not removed, that what she has is still in fact an exalted weapon.  You actually failed to make a valid point, and instead used opinions as if they were facts.

As for anyone that likes to use the excuse of preventing spin-attack spam, how is it being stopped?  "Spammed for all the wrong reasons"?  Sure.  You can say that about anything people use to abuse in this game.  it's not isolated to just exalted weapons.  So there is not exalted whip.  hooray!  so what?  People still spam other whips.  Nothing was stopped.

Exalted or not, people use bows.  Mentioning Ivara (for example) in this case makes no sense.  So if i used a cernos as a primary, it would not be considered "spamming for all the wrong reasons", but if i use Ivara's exalted bow, it would be considered "spamming for all the wrong reasons"?  Come on now.  Why not just make a post that says "i hate exalted weapons" and just leave it at that.  it's much easier to respect.

(I mean no disrespect.  Moving on.)

With that said, what i noticed about exalted weapons that i dislike is the fact that i can do the same darn thing with a primary or secondary or whatever the exalted weapon mimics.  I think if DE wanted to keep going with the exalted weapon theme, then they should at least put more thought into it and allow for more uniqueness.  Give us a better reason to use the ability.  They must do something extremely different or unique to make it worthwhile.  I'm not talking about Mesa and Titania, but i am talking about exalted weapons such as Ivara and Excalibur.  I can simply use Cernos Prime instead of Ivara.  I can simply use Excal's other blind ability instead of the exalted sword.  There is too much copy and paste.  Perhaps Khora would have been the same.  Sadly, her abilities seem to be copy and paste anyway, of other warframes.

I think DE's imagination is going down the drain these days.

il y a 4 minutes, VampirePirate a dit :

There is too much copy and paste.  Perhaps Khora would have been the same.  Sadly, her abilities seem to be copy and paste anyway, of other warframes.

+1, you got a point mate

15 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

Kinda hard to keep it unique with...27...30? Warframes, animations and abilities.

Theyd have to start making frames that function on moderately to largely different fundamentals entirely to make a unique frame. Octavia is an example of a light fundamental change, Limbo is another. 

Theres also the extremely dangerous risks associated with creating frames like those or frames that further create a new fundamental floor.