The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, What Rewards exactly do y'all Want?

Nez-Kal

Topic started thanks to the Sanctuary Onslaught posts and complaints I've seen, especially one complaint that pops up all the time in Warframe Forums:

~ Rewards ~

Folks always complain that "The Rewards are crap" or Rewards not worth it" or "Give us Rewards worth trying/farming/grinding for, DE"

So, this post is just that one simple question "What Rewards do y'all want?"

Nothing judging, nothing criticizing, I'm just genuinely interested in what Rewards players are talking about when they say they want something better, and I feel it'd be nice for DE to know from us as well. If you have posts already listing what Rewards you want from "This Mission" or "That Event", feel free to link them too. This isn't just a Sanctuary Onslaught thing, this is pretty much "In General/Overall".

EDIT: So far, so vague, y'all. This isn't really helping giving rough "You know....like....stuff" answers and expecting developers like DE to know exactly what you want.

Something that has presented itself to me off this Topic Post though:

Make the Valuable rewards (Vandal Parts, Captura, Etc) scale up Percentage-wise for drop chance per Rotation set players go through. In other words something like 5% goes up to 8%, then 12%, then 17%, etc. Not guaranteeing a Player the drop, but increasing the odd of favorable reward as they go through Rotation Sets. (Also, possibly implement this for Drop amounts as well for rewards like Credit and Endo, their drop Chance going down, but their drop amounts scaling up)

See, now there's someone asking for something they want, with less of a general "Eh~" wave in a random direction. Let's try answers like that, yeah? =w="

Edited by Tangent-Valley
Mispell in Title, Added bit

1 minute ago, SteamlordD said:

Any of the rewards that have been suggested for the past few months while they've been throwing around buzzwords on streams to try to generate hype while not actually listening.

Which are...what, exactly? Trying to get more of a pin-point on this than a vague wave, but thanks for comment too.

First of all they should change rewards like captura scene / warframe parts and other "one time only rewards".

I don't mind them being in the loot table, I mind them being obtainable again and again.

You shouldn't be able to loot captura scene or warframe parts when you already have them in your inventory.

Most of the time the issue isn't "the rewards are bad" but rather "the amount is ridiculous".

Like having bundle of 1k credit in bounties or 50 endo.

4 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

rewards like captura scene / warframe parts and other "one time only rewards"

Mm, I can see where you're coming from, but I believe there are many folks that build "Duplicate Frames" so they can have specific builds and different "Forma Configurations", and as someone who has sold and traded Captura Scenes in the market before....there's a reason for getting more than one of them.

Still though, that is a good point for Non-Tradables and "One and Done" reward types.

Edited by Tangent-Valley

à l’instant, Tangent-Valley a dit :

as someone who has sold and traded Captura Scenes in the market before

Which is why I said

il y a 5 minutes, Trichouette a dit :

You shouldn't be able to loot captura scene or warframe parts when you already have them in your inventory.

Also we wouldn't have to make more than 1 frame if the modding/forma system wasn't so crap.

You could still have a system were as long as you don't have the warframe part in the inventory you can still loot it, even if you have the frame.

Meaning you'll never have more than 1 extra set in your inventory.

Players are somehow expecting more loot from onslaught but it's just as rewarding as survival, which is a mod they're already fine with (for some reason unknown to me)

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

You could still have a system were as long as you don't have the warframe part in the inventory you can still loot it, even if you have the frame.

Meaning you'll never have more than 1 extra set in your inventory.

Ahhh, I see. Hm, seems like a possible solution to the issue of Frame parts, yeah. I certainly side with it. (Have you made a post yet on it to see what others think?)

il y a 2 minutes, Tangent-Valley a dit :

Ahhh, I see. Hm, seems like a possible solution to the issue of Frame parts, yeah. I certainly side with it. (Have you made a post yet on it to see what others think?)

No I didn't because threads are pointless <3

But you can do it if you want to, not that it matters.

Edited by Trichouette

From what I have gathered they want a reward they can get over and over again while still being useful but is not a massive grind to get. Of course it also need to have a noticeable impact on in-game performance in meta setups but not become power-creep.

In other words, the people you mention that are saying...

58 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Folks always complain that "The Rewards are crap" or Rewards not worth it" or "Give us Rewards worth trying/farming/grinding for, DE"

... are literally asking for everything yet nothing at the same time, then blame DE for being incompetent when their literally impossible goals are not achieved.

On the topic of Onslaught rewards, I'd say they are as close to perfect as realistically possible. Only issue (that is still only arguably an issue) is how Khora should be integrated into Onslaught drops.

The problem is that many times the rewards doesnt scale with the challenge. Sanctuary Onslaught does that pretty well. Although there could be more of other things than just relics or Endo, but that's something they already said they will add in the future, which is nice.

For instance: Kuva Survival should have scaling Kuva reward, as the community almost yelled months before it was shipped. It didn't have scaling reward, making staying longer and fighting stronger enemies a bit pointless.

Another thing that is bad regarding rewards is the drop tables. How, say, when you are farming a certain type of relic and even though you fought 20 waves/minutes you got only one relic and 3 crap rewards like common mods or 50 endo. Bounties have an extremely convoluted drop table between useless stuff like common mods and mediocre amounts of endo and actual useful things like wisps, relics, breath of eidolon, etc.

I know what I want and what I dont want.

And what I dont want is this.

Spoiler
Rotation A  
Khora Chassis Blueprint Rare (3.16%)
400 Endo Uncommon (18.97%)
Lith T1 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.16%)
Lith N3 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.16%)
Lith Z1 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.16%)
Lith B2 Relic (Radiant) Rare (3.16%)
Lith C2 Relic (Radiant) Uncommon (18.97%)
Lith H2 Relic (Radiant) Uncommon (18.97%)
Lith S7 Relic (Radiant) Uncommon (18.97%)
Lato Vandal Receiver Rare (2.01%)
Kuva Fortress Crevice Scene Rare (3.16%)
Lua Balcony Scene Rare (3.16%)

Just now, LupisV0lk said:

Or all the cheese mods, builds and weapon/frame combos.

exactly challenge is hard to give when if "it bleeds we can cheese it" stands true or untrue since eidolons don't bleed but still drop like trees faster then deforestation marathons rewards wise im not hard to please just give me something i can use one way or another and im good 

3 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

"What Rewards do y'all want?"

The main issue I have is that the reward amounts are too low. Say, 600 endo - 15.49% chance on RotC of normal Onslaught. For me, 600 endo is not a prize I want with the 20 minutes spent to get it (1500 endo is the max per cycle, if you get it on all rotations). Bounties and such have the same problem. The rewards have near zero value for people that have played for a while.  It takes around 41k endo to max a primed mod - that is 28 complete sets of rewards (around 9.5 hours of solid farming).

Basically, DE need to increase the value of the rewards - especially with higher level content. If the 600 endo was 6000 endo, that would be better. Likewise, 10k credits should be 100k credits. Yes, I get that 10k credits or 600 endo is quite a bit for a new player. But DE has to realise that new players are not the only people that play the game. 

For me, it really just comes down to the usefulness of the reward. Endo, credits and common mods (i.e. vitality) are not good prizes. I do not need them, and I avoid playing missions that frequently award them. I do not mind the relics so much, as I can still get a few ducats out of it. 

4 hours ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Topic started thanks to the Sanctuary Onslaught posts and complaints I've seen, especially one complaint that pops up all the time in Warframe Forums:

~ Rewards ~

So, this post is just that one simple question "What Rewards do y'all want?"

Nothing judging, nothing criticizing, I'm just genuinely interested in what Rewards players are talking about when they say they want something better, and I feel it'd be nice for DE to know from us as well. If you have posts already listing what Rewards you want from "This Mission" or "That Event", feel free to link them too. This isn't just a Sanctuary Onslaught thing, this is pretty much "In General/Overall".

I can tell you why its unrewarding in one sentience, but its a odd one.

There are two mode with Watered down pools, giving underwhelming quantitys with out secondary reward's.

I find it hilarious how a straight forward question like this couldn't even be answered (so far)

It's like if someone asked "What makes you happy" and all everyone did is either say they're not happy or list things they're not happy with.

Or just give a general abstract answer like "to feel fulfilled" like this answer:

2 hours ago, PrivateRiem said:

A decent challenge.

What would be a decent challenge to you?

You know the trope of an annoying spouse/significant other when asked "what do you want to eat" and makes you frustrated when they couldn't give a definite answer and just act all wishy washy and passive aggressive about things they *don't* want to eat and just criticize your suggestions? Yeah, you're all acting like that. It's like it's hard to say "I don't know" because then the problem is with you and not on the people trying to make you happy.

The drop chances are what I have a problem with. low level relics are fine and all but not when they reduce the chance for the lato/khora parts down to 8% and below...

Normal:

A: 15% Endo, 25% Relic, 15% Khora part, 15% Captura, 10% synthetic shard, 10% lato part

B: 20% endo, 20% khora part, 20% relic, 20% lato part, 20% braton part

C: 20% khora part, 20% relic, 20% lato part, 20% braton part, 20% captura scene

Elite:

A: 40% rad relic, 20% endo, 10% khora, 10% lato part

B: 40% rad relic, 20% lato part, 20% khora, 20% braton part

C: 40% rad relic, 20% lato part, 20% khora part, 20% braton part

Basically double the drop chances of the vandal weapons and khora, she has an effing 5% drop chance for the part you want on rotation C. That's just unacceptable.

Tbh I'm pretty happy with the drop tables for onslaught. Relic farming before was a bit too.. idk, what you'd call it, but fun was not it. If you wanted Lith, you were forced to roflstomp low level enemies, which lead to afk strats. It's good to have a dedicated spot to farm them all at once, and have an engaging experience while doing so. While we're at it - can we do something similar (though less extreme) for the void, as relics make sense being there? And don't stop diversifying Kuva acquisition with kuva survival, give us more places in the kuva fortress we can get it. Kuva defense, kuva in exterm sabotages, ect. Endgamey stuff like this is always a nice nab. Mods such as Redirection on a high level mission are not.