Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can the supra augment get another look?

ShiraHagane

Back before the weapon balance pass, supra was a base damage weapon, unable to be built for either crit or status, with 2.5% crit chance/1.5x crit multiplier and 5% status chance

The augment mod, Entropy Burst, served to make the supra status viable by adding a flat 20% status chance.

But now that the supra has 30% base status, Entropy Burst is almost completely overshadowed by dual stats which add 18% status chance as well as 60% elemental damage.

Some suggestions are:

Weapon draws straight from maximum ammo supply, similar to how bows work (no reloading)

something similar to the tetra mod where bullets ricochet

Why would you want to change that? With absolutely nothing but Entropy Burst it can reach 50% status chance, what's so bad about that? With this one mod you can literally make the Supra a hybrid bullet hose since you no longer need to dedicate that much mod capacity to status anymore and can work on crit, my Supra (Vandal) has no forma and has 40% crit and around 80%+ status, isn't that amazing enough for you?

And yeah, energy's nice

Just now, NSDBL said:

Why would you want to change that? With absolutely nothing but Entropy Burst it can reach 50% status chance, what's so bad about that? With this one mod you can literally make the Supra a hybrid bullet hose since you no longer need to dedicate that much mod capacity to status anymore and can work on crit, my Supra (Vandal) has no forma and has 40% crit and around 80%+ status, isn't that amazing enough for you?

And yeah, energy's nice

or you could use a single dual stat mod and get 48% status as well as 60% damage of your element of choice

Just now, ShiraHagane said:

or you could use a single dual stat mod and get 48% status as well as 60% damage of your element of choice

How is that better? I get crit (chance and damage), magnetic proc and energy in 'replace' of that 60% elemental
Entropy Burst was to make the pre-nerf Supra okay, but now the post-buff Supra (well I have Vandal), Entropy Burst pretty much makes it broken.

Why are you complaining about something that's broken (OP)?

I'm actually here hoping they wouldn't nerf/change it because it's so good. I mean, with multishot (Split Chamber) and Entropy Burst you literally don't need any dual stat mods at all if you don't want.

I think my build has umm, Split Chamber, Serration, Entropy Burst, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Cold Dual Stat, can't remember the others, probably a 90% elemental but that's enough to wreck face

2 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

so it's 50 energy at max, since it's a percentage of base energy

You get that for free, why you complaining about something free? Well, I guess it comes at the cost of 7 mod capacity but that also gives you flat status and magnetic procs

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Entropy burst + 2 dual stats + hammer shot = 99.9% status. If it’s not a shotgun, you don’t need 100%

That was OP's point, though. +status mattered when Supra had <10% status; now it gets enough from dual stats so it would be nice to have the augment do something different.

As it stands Entropy Burst is basically a tradeoff with a dual stat mod, as you can get 100% status on the Supra Vandal either way. That... doesn't seem like a bad thing to me? You say it's overshadowed by a dual stat mod, but IMO actually having the option to choose between the two and not be wrong either way is a good thing that we don't have nearly enough of in modding.

17 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

or you know , do nothing because some people use it for entropy burst effect

It does work. 

I wouldn't complain about an enhancement to what it already has, but this is a useful augment. Aside from the Entropy effect, a SupraV built with 60/60 mods can strip armor very effectively. 

It procs often and the return on energy is significant. Enough so you can usually drop Flow in a build and rely on this keeping your base energy maxed through most situations (assuming you're actually shooting, of course). 

Also, keep mind the SupraV is now crit viable. Your best damage builds will be crit builds. The gun has an extremely high RoF; you don't need 100% status (or even anywhere near it) to debuff enemies effectively and just basically kill the hell out of them. 

Edited by Sloan441
clarity

Imo, for the sake of flexibility a flat +20% Status Chance is very useful to have as it offers another option to push forward that Status Chance even further than the dual stat mods. This is especially so if you are a Riven user and if you have one with Status Chance for the Supra. The extra 2% status chance boost from the augment (flat 20% additive) as opposed to a dual stat mod only offering 18% is a good thing to have. 

Then again, Supra is an automatic rifle, so the boost to status chance from the augment doesn’t hold much weight and importance aside from the Entropy effect. However, the augment that behaves similarly, Sobek’s Shattering Justice, has more importance with the static additive 20% status chance due to Shotgun mechanics.

Imho, keep the augment the way it is because of its flexibility and versatility of having a flat value aside from a multiplicative value. It might be important for those that need or want that type pf stat.

Its RoF and 50% Status is going to see a lot of procs. Mine with 1 Dual Stat is at 68% before the Multishot (88% with SP) and really i should drop that dualstat eventually for more damage from a 90% mod but that means another forma and its not a high need vs getting all the Zaws forma'd