Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's Planned Changes

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, Krhymez said:

I can not be the only one that thinks the name: Strangledome, is an odd ability name.

Here are a few names that could be fitting...

-Taming Dome

-Geodesic Snare

I could come up with more... but i doubt there will be a name change.

whats wrong with strangle dome? it sounds awsome and metal, and it litterally strangles and hangs the enemies that get near it. it sounds like the name fits to me.

as for the examples you give, i can only clearly comment on taming dome, and that sounds like something that would turn enemies into allies.taming them as it were to your side. while the snare example sounds more like a rock or crystal style trap that only keeps those that trigger it from moving , and maby encasing them.

3 hours ago, -Apeiron- said:

here's my suggestion

why not make them three venari on the lose to be a passive ability.
first venari that fights independently. 
second venari that defend its master.
third venari that heals allies. 

and hopefully we can customize each venari mods and skins base on kavats patterns and colors.

i'm quoting myself XD

why not make them three venari on the lose to be a passive ability with different base stats with specific attack range/priority and mod restrictions.

setup A first venari that fights independently with higher stats for damage/armor mid stats for health low stats for energy/shield (attack range high, priority damage) mods that can be only use: link health, link armor, link shield, animal instinct, loyal companion, swipe, sharpened claws, bite, maul, hunter's recovery

setup B second venari that never leave its master with higher stats on health/armor mid stats for damage/shield low stats for energy (attack range low, priority defense) mods that can be only use: link health, link armor, link shield, animal instinct, shelter, loyal companion, territorial aggression, pounce, maul, hunter's command

setup C third venari that heals allies with higher base stats for energy/shield mid stats for health low stats for armor/damage (attack range mid, priority healing) mods that can be only use: link health, link armor, link shield, animal instinct, loyal companion, medi-pet kit, scavenge, swipe, sense danger, hunter's synergy

35 minutes ago, -Apeiron- said:

i'm quoting myself XD

why not make them three venari on the lose to be a passive ability with different base stats with specific attack range/priority and mod restrictions.

setup A first venari that fights independently with higher stats for damage/armor mid stats for health low stats for energy/shield (attack range high, priority damage) mods that can be only use: link health, link armor, link shield, animal instinct, loyal companion, swipe, sharpened claws, bite, maul, hunter's synergy

setup B second venari that never leave its master with higher stats on health/armor mid stats for damage/shield low stats for energy (attack range low, priority defense) mods that can be only use: link health, link armor, link shield, animal instinct, shelter, loyal companion, territorial aggression, pounce, maul, hunter's command

setup C third venari that heals allies with higher base stats for energy/shield mid stats for health low stats for armor/damage (attack range mid, priority healing) mods that can be only use: link health, link armor, link shield, animal instinct, loyal companion, medi-pet kit, scavenge, swipe, sense danger, hunter's recovery

i will say this is much better thought out then the earlier post for sure, but your still running into the 16 pet problem, and for your healer mod set up base  is strong except for hunters recovery, as that mod coupled with healer set having low damage with healing as its priority this kavat wont really benifit you much with hunters recovery. that mod is for damage dealers to heal the owner/master, and would be more at home on the damage kavat (setup A) that would be out and about attacking things willy nilly. with decent damage and healing khora the same way pack leader works on kavats (which i hear dosent work on venari, but i can not confirm or deny that yet or maby it was medi pet kit?, i dont remember)

also you have to think. with 4 pets with animal instinct, the loot radar and enemy detection range would be HUGE

will give props on expanding your idea  ♥

19 minutes ago, shinkido said:

i will say this is much better thought out then the earlier post for sure, but your still running into the 16 pet problem, and for your healer mod set up base  is strong except for hunters recovery, as that mod coupled with healer set having low damage with healing as its priority this kavat wont really benifit you much with hunters recovery. that mod is for damage dealers to heal the owner/master, and would be more at home on the damage kavat (setup A) that would be out and about attacking things willy nilly. with decent damage and healing khora the same way pack leader works on kavats (which i hear dosent work on venari, but i can not confirm or deny that yet)

also you have to think. with 4 pets with animal instinct, the loot radar and enemy detection range would be HUGE

will give props on expanding your idea  ♥

thanks for the correction

then they can setup animal instinct to function as one mod for venari so in any case one or two of your venari dies you still have one venari that have effect of animal instinct simple as that.

5 minutes ago, grobar084 said:

here is one idea for KHORA augument mod   make CHARM  to bee available fr VENARI  or similar mod  vith changed name 

as interesting and cool as that idea is, i don't think that is something they can implement anytime soon. as far as i am aware, in warframes whole history, there has never been precedent set for having a mod on one thing effect what mods could be equipped on another thing. it may be possible for an augment, but that seems like it would take quite abit of coding to make work.

upside is, if they did implement it, it would open the door to an entirely new mod set with the purpose of effecting and altering other mod classification limitations

1 hour ago, Ash_L said:

First of all... reviving one pet is already enough to most of us... now you have to revive two...

Also take a note that Venari does not use packed-leader mod for some reason, therefore only way to heal her is to let her going through regeneration... which is far from enough in any high end missions.  It may sounds a lot that you have effective hp of 7650, but in reality... this number goes down rather quick if she does not have any useful ability to protect herself. 

I dislike #3 change.  I'd rather keep duration based than having to res this useless cat every so often for the novelty.

I just ran the whole sortie with Khora. The only time I didn't have Venari by my side was when the duration ran out. Pack Leader not working seems to be a bug. Just like other mods (ie, Animal Instinct) not working. 

If you're running with a sentinel and Venari you only have to revive one if it goes down. If you're running a kavat/Venari combo and they keep getting downed then maybe you're trying to do content that is out of your reach at the moment. The only thing in this game that can consistently down my Smeeta is an eidolon stomp. It's the same with my Adarza.

It looks like a lot of people are asking for OP out of the box, as opposed to working toward power.

2 minutes ago, -Apeiron- said:

thanks for the correction

then they can setup animal instinct to function as one mod for venari so in any case one or two of your venari dies you still have one venari that have effect of animal instinct simple as that.

with how this is brought up that kind of puts modding into a conflicting style wouldent you say? between customizing all three individually, but then animal instinct is just blanket applied? also dident say the radaar range being huge was a bad thing lol just something to notice. n_n

Some improvements for Venari that I hope might get consideration:

• I've noticed that Venari doesn't have the same parkour behavior as regular Kavats and Kubrows (in Simulacrum, she won't follow Khora by jumping up or down the spawn platform, whereas my other companions will), which often leaves her stuck in places until I am well out of range (50 m+) before she teleports to me.
  • In Heal posture, when Venari has her heal aura active, show all squad members a special waypoint on Venari (maybe the Heal posture icon), so that everyone can quickly realize where to go for healing.
    • In Heal posture, Venari won't teleport to Khora if she is stuck. I have to change posture to Attack or Protect before Venari's AI realizes she can teleport to me instead of waiting in place. I think the urge to follow a player by foot (to heal them) is overriding the teleport feature, somehow.
  • A pet waypoint that shows me at all times where Venari is (if I have it enabled in the options) would be great. Other Kavats and Kubrows have this too, and it's very useful IMO without having to check the minimap.
  • Protect's tail-whip has trouble landing on Venari's target if it is moving. Also, it doesn't seem to knock down enemies if they cannot be disarmed (seen this against melee enemies like Corrupted Butchers), which makes Venari waste time doing its animation. Attack posture's animation also ensnares the target so it works all the time, but Protect posture's tail-whip is very easy to miss with.
  • If possible, maybe add a cooldown timer on the selected posture's icon that tells the player when Venari will use its posture's special attack again, since there is a noticeable cooldown between usage that I've seen. Just a tiny detail.

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Some improvements for Venari that I hope might get consideration:

• I've noticed that Venari doesn't have the same parkour behavior as regular Kavats and Kubrows (in Simulacrum, she won't follow Khora by jumping up or down the spawn platform, whereas my other companions will), which often leaves her stuck in places until I am well out of range (50 m+) before she teleports to me.
  • In Heal posture, when Venari has her heal aura active, show all squad members a special waypoint on Venari (maybe the Heal posture icon), so that everyone can quickly realize where to go for healing.
    • In Heal posture, Venari won't teleport to Khora if she is stuck. I have to change posture to Attack or Protect before Venari's AI realizes she can teleport to me instead of waiting in place. I think the urge to follow a player by foot (to heal them) is overriding the teleport feature, somehow.
  • A pet waypoint that shows me at all times where Venari is (if I have it enabled in the options) would be great. Other Kavats and Kubrows have this too, and it's very useful IMO without having to check the minimap.
  • Protect's tail-whip has trouble landing on Venari's target if it is moving. Also, it doesn't seem to knock down enemies if they cannot be disarmed (seen this against melee enemies like Corrupted Butchers), which makes Venari waste time doing its animation. Attack posture's animation also ensnares the target so it works all the time, but Protect posture's tail-whip is very easy to miss with.
  • If possible, maybe add a cooldown timer on the selected posture's icon that tells the player when Venari will use its posture's special attack again, since there is a noticeable cooldown between usage that I've seen. Just a tiny detail.

These all seem like sensible QoL changes. I noticed the parkour thing too.I miss watching kavats tumble through the air.

strangledome = terrible.

Take this out of her kit entirely please, it's awful and is yet another CC that ruins the battlefield for other players by being unable to override (unlike, say nova CC).  These types of powers literally are the worst part of the game.  it's not because of the animations, it's because they flop around and can't be handled with another CC after that, meaning only the player that casts first has any clue where everyone will be, making it a rush for CC, not to mention this is another like hydroid that makes them flop all around and it's super annoying.

Please give her a power that speaks to her versatility of design, and maybe even gives her spikes that grow out of  her like the creator intended

In a Sigor Savah's transmission, he said : "I did not revive specimen VK-7. Before my eyes she willed herself back to life."

Obviously, it would be so much simpler and more practical to simply recast Venari when she dies. But if it really needs to become a passive ability, I'd rather have it resurrect automatically after a while than lose it altogether until my next death.

On the other hand, I have a question that worries me : if Venari becomes a passive ability, will it replace the current one that gives armor for each companion nearby? Because honestly, it will really annoy me to lose this …

5 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

strangledome = terrible.

Take this out of her kit entirely please, it's awful and is yet another CC that ruins the battlefield for other players by being unable to override (unlike, say nova CC).  These types of powers literally are the worst part of the game.  it's not because of the animations, it's because they flop around and can't be handled with another CC after that, meaning only the player that casts first has any clue where everyone will be, making it a rush for CC, not to mention this is another like hydroid that makes them flop all around and it's super annoying.

Please give her a power that speaks to her versatility of design, and maybe even gives her spikes that grow out of  her like the creator intended

while i dont have much to say in reguards to other cc abilities (except hydroid, hate dealing with the tentacles) khoras 4 is rather inifensive honestly. it dosent make everyone flop about wildly. it grabs them and just slowly drags them into position and hangs them there easy targets to be shot at swinging or no. if they are swingin then they are predictable and easy to shoot. if they are not, they are still targets and easy to shoot. i dont really see much of an issue there aside from the bodies lingering after death which is getting changed anyway.  its range could use a buff. in terms of CC, if they are in the dome, there is not much of a reason to use other cc on whats in the dome. just shoot it, or melee it.

comparing strangledome to hydroid. in terms of floping around hydroid is magnitudes worse yes but i would not say khoras 4 is another like that with how enemies move about, they are massivly easier to hit. 

so if strangledome should be removed because they move a little and because its another cc, then hydroid should have his 4 changed to be less obnoxious

9 minutes ago, Yulfan said:

In a Sigor Savah's transmission, he said : "I did not revive specimen VK-7. Before my eyes she willed herself back to life."

Obviously, it would be so much simpler and more practical to simply recast Venari when she dies. But if it really needs to become a passive ability, I'd rather have it resurrect automatically after a while than lose it altogether until my next death.

On the other hand, I have a question that worries me : if Venari becomes a passive ability, will it replace the current one that gives armor for each companion nearby? Because honestly, it will really annoy me to lose this …

i think the intention was to make venari an aditional passive on top of the existing one and not to remove the current one. there were no complaints or mention about the passive needing changes and most people have a pet of some kind with them. so it is a safe assumption to make the origional passive will be nice and safe from change

4 minutes ago, shinkido said:

i think the intention was to make venari an aditional passive on top of the existing one and not to remove the current one. there were no complaints or mention about the passive needing changes and most people have a pet of some kind with them. so it is a safe assumption to make the origional passive will be nice and safe from change

Right. There are frames with "hidden" passives. Nidus's health regen isn't mentioned but he has it. Inaros's lifesteal on stealth melee also isn't mentioned.

While I like some of the changes I do worry about the Venari changes. Doesn't it seem very bad that if you fail to revive her you essentially lose a Tenno power? It makes that power (part of the character) become worthless,unusable, might-as-well-not-be-there. Even if you get her back upon reviving you have to kill yourself in order to be able to use the Warframe properly.

Perhaps instead have a cooldown timer( 1 to 2 minutes) before She is re-summonable.

On 4/23/2018 at 6:53 PM, xXDeadsinxX said:

We should be able to heal Venari by hitting 3, similar to how Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead works

This also please.

I feel like strangle dome doesn't work well even with upcoming changes, if it can remain as a placeholder and we get exalted whip since making it different from other whips neds more time then I am totally fine. I would have loved exalted whip be a whip that changes between puncture, impact and slash for it's base damage type.

Venari should have a revive at an energy cost when she dies, pet ai and survival can be strange at times. If venari dies then you lose a part of khora's kit for the whole mission people may just downright opt out of using khora do to her kavat giving her a handicap.

4 hours ago, Krhymez said:

I can not be the only one that thinks the name: Strangledome, is an odd ability name.

Here are a few names that could be fitting...

-Taming Dome

-Geodesic Snare

I could come up with more... but i doubt there will be a name change.

Strangledome is metal af. It stays.

Already, there a LOT of us that don't like that ONE change to Venari where if you don't revive her in time she STAYS dead unless you die and revive again.   There wasn't a problem with her being a duration-based summon, it was her wonky AI that was the problem.   Why do something so unrelated to the issue with her wonky AI?   Having a cat out for at least 3 minutes and change or until it dies to be revived again is better than having her die and NOT reviving until you die AND both of you revive.   Venari will STAY dead against higher level runs with enemies over lvl 90 and that's a 3rd of your power kit down because whoever will bring Khora into that run can't be bothered to revive her pet because the player will also be trying their damndest to STAY ALIVE themselves.  Concentrating on reviving Venari every time she dies on those kind of runs is very risky because you'd probably die more times than not - so it's a moot point.  Keep her as a SUMMON.  PLEASE!

Feedback on Khora and her rollout:  (Good, Bad, Good)

Good:

You've listened to the feedback and already started reacting.  I always appreciate you all for that.

Bad:

I'm very frustrated and disappointed that the frame took this long to come out.  On top of that she suffers from all issues discussed above, and fixes have been delayed from Wed, to Thurs, to now next week (as stated on the prime time).  I'm not a video game designer so I may be way off base here but might it have been better to tweak the damage 2.5?  I know you are working on that still but this roll out has been rough.  

Don't care for Strangledome.  

Good:

Despite what I've stated above you guys/gals push out more content than anyone and I love this game.  Keep up the great work.

Love to watch Venari get "stuck in." Excited so see her improvement.

I've just come up with an idea that could help solve the Venari revival situation, and increase its ability to sync up with her other powers.

It's going to seem like a re-hash of something that's been done before, but it's a start, at least.

Whether the name stays as "Summon Venari", or changes to something like "Recall Venari"...

Her other abilities could be used to charge up a meter, or stacks of something. So I thought, what could Khora accumulate while mutilating enemies using a chain whip? Metal scraps, from using the abilities on enemies, or just plain pieces of flesh or matter? What it ends up being called would be a tough call for me, but I think it'd at least be accepted as you'd be working towards summoning it again.

Kind of a cheap way to band-aid the issue, but it's what I've got for now.

Archived