Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's Planned Changes

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Neptlude said:

also mean ye will need to kill yerself when she dies...

there are honestly pros and cons for passive and duration but despawning for falling off the map isent very common in the first place, but enough to be a real consideration i think

23 minutes ago, shinkido said:

generally the die rule only allows 5 so you could only revive her 5 times where as recast is forever

Why you have to be a killjoy..? Why do you have to specifically come in here, and dash my dreams? Why do you have to be a cat hater?

1 minute ago, --Kenneth-- said:

Why you have to be a killjoy..? Why do you have to specifically come in here, and dash my dreams? Why do you have to be a cat hater?

i love venari tho T_T that's why she stays forever with recast n_n

17 hours ago, Ijaa-Aden said:

DE already stated that whip was a no go. Whip would be similar to Exalted Blade (Excalibur), Exalted Claws (Valkyr's Hysteria), Exalted Staff (Wukong), Exalted Pistols (Mesa), Exalted Bow (Ivara), Exalted Archwing (Titania). "PLS NO MORE" as you say.

i dint ask for whip just something other then another area cc shes supposed to be a pet master so why not something to do with them? affinty range dmg/tank buff for pets. 

Another dead companion problem ... 

I've suggested a workaround for this problem before and I'll suggest it again, if we can create spectres of our warframes why can't we deploy spectres of our companions? 

Venari dies? Just pop out a spectre from your gear wheel, Helios prime got destroyed? Use a spectre copy.

11 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

Another dead companion problem ... 

I've suggested a workaround for this problem before and I'll suggest it again, if we can create spectres of our warframes why can't we deploy spectres of our companions? 

Venari dies? Just pop out a spectre from your gear wheel, Helios prime got destroyed? Use a spectre copy.

never heard this work around before and it actually sounds interesting.

On ‎2018‎.‎04‎.‎24 at 2:51 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive

This is wrong, a stepback 5 years!

You die intentionally and a squad mate revives you faster than you press hold X command, then have to inform him that u want to die... Good old times before hold X command all the peoples crying for sentinels and vacuum...

Khora is tanky + arcanes = very tanky, you gonna force us to carry an explosive weapon ? just for kavat, Dead kavat = first frame with only 3 abilities, is this a joke?

So ok i somehow let the kavat bleedout out and die, serve some death time 120-180 seconds, duration mods reduce death timer and once it rans out allow us to summon kavat back or make it unaffected by mods like oberon's Phoenix Renewal augment a set 90-120 unaffected by duration and kavats appears by your side... or u summon ...

Please do not force us to keep dieing, but if you do so, have it mind there were much better ways to handle it...

On 4/24/2018 at 2:51 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

There are a lot of reasons for this, and most of them are layered in re-designs of the Warframe (IPS/Quest goals, etc).

What "Quest goals"?! Wait! What quest? Nidus, Octavia and Harrow all have acquiring mechanics similar to Khora's, but with a HUGE difference: They also have a bit of a story attached to that. And by a bit, I mean a lot (when compared to what Khora has).

I was initially confused about the poor way the warframes are presented in the codex, making it more an advertisement campaign than a lore enriching tool. Then I noticed that the primes do have a bit more of a story in the codex... except, lately we've got Zephyr Prime's entry that reads " Take to the skies with this golden bird of destruction. "

Both things considered, how the hype-train around Khora's story vanished into the a narrative void with her becoming available without a story in Onslaught and how the lore/universe's aspects of the game seem to be skipped lately, I have a small question:

Dear DE, I can understand the pressure of releasing content and keeping the players committed through it, but aren't you lowering your story-telling standards in the process?

Slightly off-topic lore rant below:

Spoiler

Lookin' at Hydroid Prime's long-time-coming trailer I realize that there are areas where you'll have to thread carefully as to not contradict or break the continuity of the universe's lore and history, but not providing anything to it with the new additions is not helping at all.

The warframes are becoming slowly nothing more than cutting-edge war machines that the tenno just stumble upon while stealing from or mass-murdering the other factions or just while digging through long abandoned locations (like Lua or the infested ships on Eris).

It would seem that, according to lore, the warframes were never a force neither of good, nor were they interested in maintaining any balance. Sure, the tennos are just kids, easily deceived by the sentients, but I think that even a hypocrite war faction is better than just a overpowered scavenging one that they seem to have become after Space Mom woke'em up... Kinda like the grineer on steroids.

These are all conclusions I'm drawing from how the Warframe's Universe evolves (or rather crumbles). I love what you guys managed to do with Warframe. I appreciate and respect the effort and risks you took in making this game player-friendly. But without a story as the driving force... what's there to have?! Why do we keep fighting the underdogs? What's going on with the rather dumb sentients on Earth? What about the ones on Lua and Uranus?!

I'd be a lot more happy if things would happen within the existing universe, to the existing warframes army and its foes/allies, than just getting more empty shells, more [PH] for what it may or may not be..

Thank you!

42 minutes ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

I think treating an ability like a companion is a mistake. The ability should be recastable. Venari should perhaps be a drain ability that stays until energy runs out and can be recast when dead. 

honestly venari seems better as she is now as opposed to a drain ability... as she is not very strong in the first place and if the kavat was a drain, it would actively impede use of other abilities if you wanted to keep her out as long as possible and would be in need of buffs. In high level missions with enemies draining your energy constantly, venari wont exist if she is an energy drain ability. 

(also lore wise would suggest venari needed khoras energy to live which isn't the case) oh well

In this thread: people complain about Venari having high duration and threaten to "request a refund" if Khora receives changes.

If you buy a Warframe day of release and not expect it to be touched upon at all a couple weeks later, either you're very new to the game or completely oblivious.

Regarding Venari staying dead until you use a Revive - as the Ability stands now, Venari can be resummoned after death. I'm sure DE is aware of the implications of making Venari a passive and I would bet the ability to resummon Venari will still be present after the change. If I were to guess, the way DE regarded Venari's rework sounds a lot more like "we'll remove the Duration and she spawns immediately upon mission start" than anything else.

4 minutes ago, Luxpluff said:

In this thread: people complain about Venari having high duration and threaten to "request a refund" if Khora receives changes.

If you buy a Warframe day of release and not expect it to be touched upon at all a couple weeks later, either you're very new to the game or completely oblivious.

Regarding Venari staying dead until you use a Revive - as the Ability stands now, Venari can be resummoned after death. I'm sure DE is aware of the implications of making Venari a passive and I would bet the ability to resummon Venari will still be present after the change. If I were to guess, the way DE regarded Venari's rework sounds a lot more like "we'll remove the Duration and she spawns immediately upon mission start" than anything else.

if this was the case and there were no other changes aside from the damage type from impact to slash (as in switching modes continues to not take energy)  i would love it

1 minute ago, shinkido said:

honestly venari seems better as she is now as opposed to a drain ability... as she is not very strong in the first place and if the kavat was a drain, it would actively impede use of other abilities if you wanted to keep her out as long as possible and would be in need of buffs. In high level missions with enemies draining your energy constantly, venari wont exist if she is an energy drain ability. 

(also lore wise would suggest vennari needed khoras energy to live which isn't the case) oh well

That is a very valid concern I didn't think off to be honest. So that was not a particularly good idea although I do think the ability should allow summoning and dismissing Venari as energy reserves allow. 

As to the lore aspect...I thought of it more like Venari needing the beats masters attention/energy to be controlled and at her side. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

That is a very valid concern I didn't think off to be honest. So that was not a particularly good idea although I do think the ability should allow summoning and dismissing Venari as energy reserves allow. 

As to the lore aspect...I thought of it more like Venari needing the beats masters attention/energy to be controlled and at her side. 

in reference to lore venari is smart and active even without khora.  being found by a corpus researcher asleep and suddenly woke up, after being assumed dead, was studied, escaped by memorising corpus scheduals and patterns, killed infested and corpus on her own, gaining a title that was i think something like demon of the infested (i dont properly remember) displays more intelligence, meets the researcher again after killing all his companions, has him heal her, and orchestrates an escape spacifically for the researcher while giving him khora blueprint information and went into hiding or something, all on her own.  so yeah venari is pritty badass and dosent need khora to be active and is just very loyal and clever 

On 4/24/2018 at 2:53 AM, xXDeadsinxX said:

Venari: Definitely a positive boost in the right direction with this ability.

• Idea 1: Make Venari one of Khora’s passives and replace Venari into something different
  • Idea 2: Keep the ability as a passive
    • If Venari is staying an ability passive, we should be able to heal Venari by hitting 3, similar to how Nekros’ Shadows of the Dead works

About healing Venari: I think better long press (hold) 3 to heal (like Inaros' 4) with different efficiency depending on... something (like combo multiplier, some unique mechanics like Atlas' rumble or just ability strength (energy-to-heal ratio or heal-per-second value) / duration (heal-per-second speed) or whatever). And keep short press (tap) 3 for switching posture/target/mode.

Whipclaw: The biggest issue right now is that while it looks like a melee attack resembling the Jat Kusar's explosive pull, it really is just a line missile with explosion on impact. The animation doesn't reflect that, and as a result, the ability is very confusing and uncomfortable to use. That needs fixing.

Ensnare: I like the way Ensnare works currently, as a consistent trap, but it needs a persistent, lasting anchor. Both Venari and any other companions and teammates -will- kill the anchor before Ensnare can do its work. I'd rather the anchor was persistent, like with Well of Life, Mind control or Magnetize. At that point, the ability becomes something of a deployable snare, which could be fun to play with.

Venari: I prefer the way it works currently over the proposed changes. Mostly because the idea of having to die to get an ability back seems -extremely- poor gameplay design. The casting is fine, just up the base duration to, say, 300 seconds.

Strangledome: Base duration and range seem too short to be properly functional.

1 hour ago, shinkido said:

in reference to lore venari is smart and active even without khora.  being found by a corpus researcher asleep and suddenly woke up, after being assumed dead, was studied, escaped by memorising corpus scheduals and patterns, killed infested and corpus on her own, gaining a title that was i think something like demon of the infested (i dont properly remember) displays more intelligence, meets the researcher again after killing all his companions, has him heal her, and orchestrates an escape spacifically for the researcher while giving him khora blueprint information and went into hiding or something, all on her own.  so yeah venari is pritty badass and dosent need khora to be active and is just very loyal and clever 

I hadn't collected all the rng lore drops from the ghouls yet. So your summary inspired me to read it online. 

Seems that Venari have a hand of Khora to the scientists who had to leave his research when he fled. It is mentioned that he later learned the rest of Khora was found by agents of Simaris and disappeared again...which would tie the acquisition of the frame to the Simulacrum. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

I hadn't collected all the rng lore drops from the ghouls yet. So your summary inspired me to read it online. 

Seems that Venari have a hand of Khora to the scientists who had to leave his research when he fled. It is mentioned that he later learned the rest of Khora was found by agents of Simaris and disappeared again...which would tie the acquisition of the frame to the Simulacrum. 

hehe i dident know the part about him learning about sumaris having things  so now i know that, looks like we both benefited from that hehe n_n

venari' backstory is absolutly awsome and beautiful. my favorite kavat in the game over my own incubated ones and im a BIIIg kavat fan

With Venari being one of Khoras main playstyle points, it feels kind of bad that you NEED to die to get her back if she goes down, bugs out etc (plenty of things that can happen, EG Stófler, the defense pod drops down, no way back up etc)

Can we instead get an indefinite Bleedout timer on her, so she stays down until she is revived, no death, with Khora's #3 ability warping Venari's downed body to you if cast while she is bleeding out?

I feel that losing one of Khora's abilities for the remainder of a mission if you are unable to revive a pet in time is a step in a bad direction on an otherwise right path that you are heading down with her rework.

On 4/24/2018 at 1:51 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

Can't you please let use spawn and despawn her by holding down the #3, just like how Ivara and Vauban swap between their options?

Not all of us enjoy having an active pet running around.

Archived