Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's Planned Changes

[DE]Rebecca

I dont mind having to initially have to summon vanari, I like not having diration on her, if it changes to toggle to change stance hold to cast ability would be nice to add a toggle that can revive all companions in range, companions needs better ai in general would like to see them work together with vanari consistent

if anything venari's duration needs to be lowered by 50%. I have 175% duration on my khora and venari can stay active for 201 seconds. Honestly a tad bit too long. But,again, if venari is turned into a passive I'm requesting a refund and for Khora to be token out of my inventory. Half a year's wait for this warframe and to have the main attractive point be nerfed to the point where you might as well not even play her, is ridiculous. And it's not the first time DE has done this either. It's a cycle of a bait and switch tactic imo. advertise something cool and something new and something that makes the community feel like they must get their hands on it to try it out and to play with it and to have fun.... then release something way shyttier but still playable, then nerf it to the point where you might as well not even use the warframe ever. For those like me who spend real money on this game to help support DE and to keep the game up and free to play, turning venari into a fking passive that dies and can't be used again until you revive -- heck changing venari period, is a massive "#*!% you" in my face. And again this isn't the first time DE has gave us this massive "#*!% you". Gara for example. After her mass vitrify changed, i tried it out, it couldn't even defend me from lv 20 HG's and I never played Gara again, not even after her mass vitrify buff (though i did try it out) because then it just completely changed a defensive support frame into a mostly offensive frame, which Gara sucks at. Khora on the other hand? Changing venari in any bad way other than a duration nerf (imo) will make Khora utterly useless. AND SHE HASN'T EVEN BEEN OUT FOR A WEEK. If anything you should be buffing the range on venari's heal aura to scale off power range or atleast buff it to 15m, seeing that 8 meters is literally a bunny hop away. And you should be allowing venari's defense stance to hit multiple enemies, not just one. You should also change venari's heal aura to activate the moment you change venari to her healing stance.

What you shouldn't be doing right now is changing the very thing that made Khora attractive to begin with 6 months ago, S#&$ and unusable by changing it into a #*!%ing passive that goes away until you let the enemy kill you or you kill yourself. Only a complete and utter moron would have even thought of changing venari into a passive to begin with. And only a complete and utter moron would allow these changes to go through.

But if they do, Welcome to warframe. Where the game is good enough to convince you of supporting it. Only for it to not reward you, and to pull bait and fish market tactics on you, leaving you with S#&$ tier gear in the end.

On 4/23/2018 at 8:51 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)
    • Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.
    • Kavat mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.
    • Venari deals slash damage to enemies instead of impact damage.

I feel that you should be able to re-summon her at the cost of all your energy and she spawns at 50% HP

39 minutes ago, RedToothKaki said:

if anything venari's duration needs to be lowered by 50%. I have 175% duration on my khora and venari can stay active for 201 seconds. Honestly a tad bit too long. But,again, if venari is turned into a passive I'm requesting a refund and for Khora to be token out of my inventory. Half a year's wait for this warframe and to have the main attractive point be nerfed to the point where you might as well not even play her, is ridiculous. And it's not the first time DE has done this either. It's a cycle of a bait and switch tactic imo. advertise something cool and something new and something that makes the community feel like they must get their hands on it to try it out and to play with it and to have fun.... then release something way shyttier but still playable, then nerf it to the point where you might as well not even use the warframe ever. For those like me who spend real money on this game to help support DE and to keep the game up and free to play, turning venari into a fking passive that dies and can't be used again until you revive -- heck changing venari period, is a massive "#*!% you" in my face. And again this isn't the first time DE has gave us this massive "#*!% you". Gara for example. After her mass vitrify changed, i tried it out, it couldn't even defend me from lv 20 HG's and I never played Gara again, not even after her mass vitrify buff (though i did try it out) because then it just completely changed a defensive support frame into a mostly offensive frame, which Gara sucks at. Khora on the other hand? Changing venari in any bad way other than a duration nerf (imo) will make Khora utterly useless. AND SHE HASN'T EVEN BEEN OUT FOR A WEEK. If anything you should be buffing the range on venari's heal aura to scale off power range or atleast buff it to 15m, seeing that 8 meters is literally a bunny hop away. And you should be allowing venari's defense stance to hit multiple enemies, not just one. You should also change venari's heal aura to activate the moment you change venari to her healing stance.

What you shouldn't be doing right now is changing the very thing that made Khora attractive to begin with 6 months ago, S#&$ and unusable by changing it into a #*!%ing passive that goes away until you let the enemy kill you or you kill yourself. Only a complete and utter moron would have even thought of changing venari into a passive to begin with. And only a complete and utter moron would allow these changes to go through.

But if they do, Welcome to warframe. Where the game is good enough to convince you of supporting it. Only for it to not reward you, and to pull bait and fish market tactics on you, leaving you with S#&$ tier gear in the end.

1. We don't even know what all of the changes are going to be, and yet you just assume they're nerfing her. Literally everything they've mentioned is nothing but buffs, and have Venari not tied to duration is quite possibly the best one. I have no idea why you seem to think "Oh 201 seconds is too long, and no duration at all is just unacceptable!" Oh boo hoo you have to use bleedout mods on Venari, if it's really that bad. You have 2 forms of CC and a high damage 1 that, all together, can lock down an area with these changes, so reviving Venari isn't going to be some laborious task that's going to be virtually impossible. 

2. Gara has a 90% damage reduction and a near infinite scaling ability that lets her just saunter into enemies to kill them. How in the world does she suck at offense? Not to mention that her wall being unbreakable was just ridiculous; If she had stayed the same way she was pre-nerf, you'd be here complaining about Frost being bad because Gara exists and does everything better. Just catch like 4-5 enemies in your 4 and it stays up long enough to do what you need to do.

3. Everyone is voicing their concern over Venari's death, and even though it's not remotely a problem (see above), I'm sure DE will acknowledge it in some way, shape or form. 

4. If releasing an incredibly underpowered frame and buffing it a week later is somehow a "bait and switch" then you need a reality check. People that bought her day 1 (myself included) had no way of knowing how underpowered she would be, but people that are farming her through onslaught would have read by now that she's not that great. If they had released her in some incredibly overpowered state, and then nerfed her into what she is now, then yes, outrage all you want, but at the moment this is just what happens with most frames nowadays, and Khora is just an extreme case. If you don't believe me, here's a list of frames that were not very ideal on release: 

Atlas, Harrow, Titania, Gara, Oberon, Valkyr and Mesa ("Carpal Tunnel, The Frame" for a while)

Khora is arguably in a worst state than any of these frames have been in, and passing such judgement on buffs before they're even official is just childish.

7 hours ago, ----AncientHunter---- said:

that funny we are in khora propaganda i see let the frame delayed again or ditch her at all and make sure give people there plat back for buying that mess`d up abomination ..  the cycle of releasing frames was supposed to be male gender warframe why we are getting anther female frame after Gara (sadly few people uses her ) that will be totaly mess`d up

NO, NO, NO and NO..
Khora have great Design and Ideas, yes, as the saying goes "Something happens, sometimes" and "Everyone make mistakes", but she still have very good and interesting things, but should be fixed. 
her 1 is too slow and so hard to hit cos of tis mechanics, that not using it is more effective, than using it.
her 2 have very good ideas and also have synergy with her 1, but bad working sinergy, cos 1 cancels 2 and in high level missions it's a problem and make this sinergy useless.
her 3 is just a regular reskinned Kavat, but without useful buffs now, also Venari stuck and glitch as regular Kavats, so if she will be a passive and will fall into glitch or texture, then BB Venary for the duration of the mission and that's bad, cos Venari is a part of Khora. Also Venari does not feel like special, like Part of Khora and like an Ability, but now Venari is just +15% armor and passive Venari will not change a thing here, vice versa, if you want that 15%, then you should chase Venari and stuck on reviving her, but chasing 2 pets for reviving is not fun, for me as minimum, and exactly that mechanics make players to mostly stay away from pets, especially in high level missions.
her 4 is most annoying skill ever (OK Limbo is still No1, but he troll teammates, and not his player itself), also it does not fell like Ultimate for 100 Energy, just a regular skill, that may be used sometimes.
So no, i do not want my Plat back, I want Khora the WarFrame and not Khora the Skin... Also it's a finally content where I can spend my Plat on, so yes, I have Plat, but not many Skins ro cosmetics to spend on for now, but this is another topic. So, Khora need some works, her Ult should be completely taken or reworked, and I prefer to be a part of that Work, instead of waiting when she will be released once more, and I love DE and Warframe cos players can be a part of that process, yes, sounds like masochistic, but it's nice for me as for a player who spend tens of years in gaming.
But, it's me and my feelings and opinion...

Also do someone officially say, that there is any Male <-> Female frame release cycle ?

Btw, sorry for my bad English.

These look like some great changes, but I'm unsure about having a cost to cycle Venari's postures or override targets. I feel like moving Strangledome to her 3 and giving her her exalted whip back on her 4 (which I doubt is even possible or viable at this stage of her design, but I can dream) and moving the posture cycling to her 1st ability, where you just hold it to cycle would be a great change. Also having to die and respawn to get Venari back if she dies doesn't seem conducive of healthy interactions. I think it would be better to simply put her on a respawn timer (or in the unlikely case she is given her exalted whip, have Venari re-summoned upon casting that). Aside from these, I think the new interactions and animation speed buffs will make Khora feel a lot more smooth and satisfying to play.

Mmm.mmmmm I don't think changing venari to be a passive will be a good thing unless you can re cast her with khoras 3 if she goes down(at a significant energy cost like 100) or Keep venari duration based like she is now

Other than that though... The outline looks great

DE, as many others have said, don't make Venari just go away if she dies until you die.

Name a single other warframe that can effectively LOSE one of their abilities until the player dies to regain it. Enough said.

Whipclaw could really do with getting a combo mechanic ala Landslide and Atlas. It eats up a lot of energy, so having it get cheaper the more you attack with it, along with it building in lethality, would be a fantastic fix.

I've been using it a bunch and though it hits nice and hard, it doesn't have the flail (pun not intended) that it could have. Some animations as you transition between whip casts would be really cool too, but I understand those take time and wouldn't be on the cards so soon. But a combo mechanic would do the ability a world of good and help adress people's expectations of an exalted weapon.

Well most tof the changes sound good but honestly if Venari has to be revived then I am gonna just set Khora aside and play as Atlas because I can always summon more stupid rumblers but the stupid cat has to be helped up every minuet. 

Seriously I am being sincere about this. I don't mind reviving pets when it's safe but most teammates want to help revive (cause they are awesome) which gets them killed(even teno mode can't save you from random explosion going through the void). When teammates go down from reviving everything starts to fall apart and we get a conga line of revive and downed. It's almost funny.

On 23/04/2018 at 8:51 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)
    • Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.
    • Kavat mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.
    • Venari deals slash damage to enemies instead of impact damage.

So, you gonna turn Venari into a normal Kavat? cuz i like him because you don't have to take care of him, if he died, you can just summon him back...

I'm impress you managed to ruin her TWICE!

You guys should do whatever you want with the others abilites, but you just ruin the Venari, AGAIN, THX.

7 minutes ago, Ashoten2021 said:

Well most tof the changes sound good but honestly if Venari has to be revived then I am gonna just set Khora aside and play as Atlas because I can always summon more stupid rumblers but the stupid cat has to be helped up every minuet. 

Seriously I am being sincere about this. I don't mind reviving pets when it's safe but most teammates want to help revive (cause they are awesome) which gets them killed(even teno mode can't save you from random explosion going through the void). When teammates go down from reviving everything starts to fall apart and we get a conga line of revive and downed. It's almost funny.

EXACTLY!

On 4/23/2018 at 7:51 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Whipclaw
    • Whipclaw will apply to and benefit from the combo counter.
    • All enemies caught in the Strangledome will take half of Whipclaw’s attack damage when one enemy in the Strangledome is hit with Whipclaw.
    • Hitting an Ensnared enemy with Whipclaw will cause the living metal to propagate.

can we not also get some kind of homing mechanic or allow us to hit exactly where the crosshair is. the problem with whipclaw in the first place is its ability to actually hit what you are trying to hit.

26 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

can we not also get some kind of homing mechanic or allow us to hit exactly where the crosshair is. the problem with whipclaw in the first place is its ability to actually hit what you are trying to hit.

It hits where you're aiming at when you press the ability key. If you're moving or your target is moving, you have to lead before you actually use the ability.

Love the idea for most of the changes, save for Venari. Having her as an active pet would be fantastic, BUT, there NEEDS to be a way to revive her outside of killing yourself.

Consider it this way: Sometimes you just can't get to a pet who is bleeding out, either due to them being too far away from you, or them being pinned down by several powerful enemies, making getting near them hard or impossible (Repeated knockdowns via heavy enemies or flame eximus, for example). So, if Venari were to bleed out, despite your best efforts, Khora would be down a power, until she either dies, or commits suicide to get Venari back. And, if a fellow tenno revives you before you can suicide, they've essentially prevented you from getting her back.

In short, circumstances could lock Khora out of her third power. That's basically unheard of in Warframe. My suggestion? If Venari dies, let the Third Power revive her on the spot for 75 energy or 100. That way, it encourages you -not- let her die, but it also means you're not soft-locked out of a power (and part of Khora's kit) for it. 

40 minutes ago, RedToothKaki said:

-snip-

Uh, dude. She's not getting nerfed, she's getting buffed because she's terrible in every way. I don't think you've actually made or bought the Warframe, or else you'd know this already. For starters, Venari basically cannot kill anything. Whipclaw is the only good ability, and then again, every other frame has something better. A passive cat or not; it won't fix a dang thing. Its stats need to be improved or it will continue to be garbage. Basically, it needs to equal or exceed the stats of a Helminth Charger, the strongest pet. That, and it needs to be able to fly around the map, basically. It can do that with its attack combo, so why not all the time?

The second ability as it is is useless, and will be better with their proposed changes. Right now, it pulls in 1 enemy at a time, once per second, while only stunning 1 enemy. That is downright terrible. I don't see how making it hit multiple enemies is a nerf in any way. Do you WANT it to only pull one enemy, very slowly? I know nobody else does.

The fourth ability isn't much better than the second as it is now. It does the same thing, and you have to max your range to make it even remotely useful. I've only found it to be of some use in The Index, and nowhere else, same for the second ability. Even then, they still suck.

Lastly... none of the changes that DE posted on that topic are set in stone-- they said so themselves, so stop making it sound like it is the end-all of the changes they're making to it. They will continue to edit the Warframe until they feel it's where they want it, or until the community stops complaining about it. Right now, the complaints are completely justifiable, and anyone who promotes its current state are clearly out of their minds.

What if you made her 4th ability have the Exalted Whip, and whenever she uses a charge attack, she spawns one chain that is from the strangle dome? Maybe have duration mods scale with how many chains she could spawn.

and...

1 hour ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

Can we allow healing type kavat to revive other pets?

1 hour ago, RedToothKaki said:

It hits where you're aiming at when you press the ability key. If you're moving or your target is moving, you have to lead before you actually use the ability.

i know it hits the target you have in your crosshair. im talking about hitting where you are pointing at. it hits only at the end of its length and when you have a target but not at the point of your crosshair. we dont need unreliable hit mechanics.

43 minutes ago, RazorHowl said:

Love the idea for most of the changes, save for Venari. Having her as an active pet would be fantastic, BUT, there NEEDS to be a way to revive her outside of killing yourself.

Consider it this way: Sometimes you just can't get to a pet who is bleeding out, either due to them being too far away from you, or them being pinned down by several powerful enemies, making getting near them hard or impossible (Repeated knockdowns via heavy enemies or flame eximus, for example). So, if Venari were to bleed out, despite your best efforts, Khora would be down a power, until she either dies, or commits suicide to get Venari back. And, if a fellow tenno revives you before you can suicide, they've essentially prevented you from getting her back.

In short, circumstances could lock Khora out of her third power. That's basically unheard of in Warframe. My suggestion? If Venari dies, let the Third Power revive her on the spot for 75 energy or 100. That way, it encourages you -not- let her die, but it also means you're not soft-locked out of a power (and part of Khora's kit) for it. 

khora is very sturdy. ways you can make it to bleedout allies are to use operator mode and just void dash to them. venari doesnt stray far from khora anyway and teleports to you when you get to far just like kavats and kubrow. bleedout is a non issue with loyal companion.

its like all of a sudden you want kavats and kubrow to have some different kind of revive mechanic when they already survive better than sentinels who have no bleedout.

make the dome bigger. Not huge but frost's crutch snowglobe should be a general idea of size and range scaling. Also venari as a passive is good, but I agree with the people saying that a resummon at a heavy energy cost would be nice. I mean I usually shove pack leader on pets so that if they're getting low I can punch something until my pet's schadenfreude kicks in and heals him so I have no intent on venari dying...but the option would be nice.

Archived