Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

as someone playing for 5 years, getting a Sigma & Octantis Riven and beeing away 450 days of that weapons is kind of demotivating.

GRiMtox

See Title.

Please DE, fix these login rewards.

Edited by GRiMtox
Title was originally "beeing a founder ..." but SO MANY were *@##$ing about that word that its actually pretty painful to watch them suffer. Therefor I removed it from the title.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA:

What needs fixing exactly?

That there are different players. Those that login daily, doing almost nothing and just grabbing the login rewards, and those playing for 2-3 weeks straight every couple months and having almost no chance to getting that high in the login counter?

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Phatose:

Being a founder doesn't have anything to do with this at all.

Oh it has. They were introduced with Update 18.0 so every login before that didn't count towards this. And a founder probably has many more logins to count than someone that startet with 18.0.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Zephyr_TheMLGPro:

What has being founder to do with all this?

And this is why people say founders brag and all that.

Would you feel better if I wrote "As someone who plays for 5 1/2 years"?

Edited by GRiMtox

If a riven for a login weapon is gonna demotivate you, then I pity you. One mod should not be discouraging at all, considering you could wait to get the weapon and use the riven.

As for being a founder...so what? It's not like you get special treatment everyday.

il y a 2 minutes, GRiMtox a dit :

Oh it has. They were introduced with Update 18.0 so every login before that didn't count towards this. And a founder probably has many more logins to count than someone that startet with 18.0.

Still it has nothing to do with being a founder.

You could've said "i'm playing since the game was first released" and it would be the same.

Although yes, the daily login system is garbage and has to be changed. Again.

à l’instant, Flashbinder a dit :

If a riven for a login weapon is gonna demotivate you, then I pity you. One mod should not be discouraging at all, considering you could wait to get the weapon and use the riven.

I agree especially since we're talking about riven.

What is demotivating however is looking at the amount of daily login needed to get some of these items (that are quite cool even if not meta or top tier)

Edited by Trichouette

I'll just remind you that DE is considering to change the current Login-Reward system so each player can choose a certain path/weapon he wants to get. ( I cannot give the exact source for this, but if I remember correctly something like this was mentioned in one of the past devstreams....sry :3)

And...yea...the Founder thing has not really anything to do with your problem tbh, but oh well, i digress^^

I'm only on day 141 myself, but that's really neither here nor there regarding what the login rewards are for. DE wants to entice daily play for the metrics of it, as that translates well for marketing and sales purposes. To that end, the current reward system makes perfect sense. Doesn't do a ton of favors for us types that only play in bursts every few months, but eh, what's it really matter.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Fabpsi:

I'll just remind you that DE is considering to change the current Login-Reward system so each player can choose a certain path/weapon he wants to get. ( I cannot give the exact source for this, but if I remember correctly something like this was mentioned in one of the past devstreams....sry :3)

And...yea...the Founder thing has not really anything to do with your problem tbh, but oh well, i digress^^

Found it. :)

I have no real issue with the login rewards, but that is kind of a screw-you (not intentional, obviously, just a raw deal). I mean, you could sell the riven mod I suppose, but I think DE should probably get in there and munge the code so that a person can't receive a riven for a login-only weapon until after they've actually received the weapon. Sometimes you ought to just do friendly small things to avoid these ironic "oh, that's wonderful. Thanks a whole friggin' heap" moments.

And yes, that means that only people who have a Sigma & Octantis can be sources of S&O rivens. That's just how it would work out.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

the way the login reward rework will work is that you will be able to choose a path towards a certain reward.

rather than a long road with stops along the way (current system)
you'll have a starting point with numerous forks in the road.
1 path will equal 50 logins with the specified reward at the end.
after which you'll be able to choose a different path.

with this a new player could choose the Sigma & Octantis path on day 1 for example.

Its a commitment reward not a founder reward

this perfectly encapsulates why you being a founder is completely irrelevant to the subject of login rewards

Edited by BaIthazar

9 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

1. no matter how you try to justify it.
you being a founder holds no weight here.

2. they are working on a login reward system rework that will solve your issue.

I'm approaching day 500 and I heard you will be able to pick your rewards. However I can see a picture of zenith. Does this mean I won't have a choice but zenith or what?