Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee weapons on Ash

Zasuto

So I've been debating on what kind of melee weapon to use.I noticed Ash's passive is slash based, but I really like sparring weapons like the Hirudo so I would like to know others opinions whether if its worth it to keep the Hirudo or use a slash weapon to benefit Ash's passive?

So long as the weapon has any slash & status chance is great. But Ash's 1 can do that for you, + with the augment will strip armor.

Ash's 4th is effected by some melee mods & the combo multiplier + finisher damage. combo duration is helpful

Just going to share this... kinda surprised at how instataniouse the covert lethality came in here, ash can one shot most enemies without it.

Please keep in mind his slash passive isn't just for melee, also works on primaries, secondaries, as well as his own first ability which is a guaranteed proc..

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

uhhh.. covert lethality is best suited for Inaros or anybody capable of blinding mobs, Naramon dashing can open up increased damage finishers.+ keeps your combo counter live by only taking so much out rather than depleting it all. His 4th is much faster at assassinateing mobs than covert lethality.

keep in mind Ash is best when you consider all of his abilities, not just focusing on one or two.

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

58 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

So long as the weapon has any slash & status chance is great. But Ash's 1 can do that for you, + with the augment will strip armor.

Ash's 4th is effected by some melee mods & the combo multiplier + finisher damage. combo duration is helpful

Just going to share this... kinda surprised at how instataniouse the covert lethality came in here, ash can one shot most enemies without it.

Please keep in mind his slash passive isn't just for melee, also works on primaries, secondaries, as well as his own first ability which is a guaranteed proc..

Yeah I'm just going to go with the Venka Prime the dagger isn't very fun imo. 

I recommend eather the Dual Prisma Cleavers (high crit+high status chance)

Or heavy weapons including

*Galatine Prime (great overall)

*Scindo prime (riven is stronger then from galatine, what balances things out)

*And the Zenistar (focus it on Viral+Heat and add Drifting contact - more of a CO status weapon then a Combo/Crit weapon but the Viral+Slash combination with the ability to dispell armor is on spot)

They're among the best of the best when it comes to melee weapons and all of them work splendit with Ash's surrounding. If somehow possible, get Viral on all of them (riven potential + combination instead of weeping wounds) ... viral halving health for slash proccs on depelled armor is just the best outside of this dagger meta.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

• 2 months later...

Most weapons do well with Ash honestly. But if we get to specifics, well :

Rakta Dark Dagger with Synd mod.

A good Zaw Dagger with Crit (if you are into actually using them in combat and not just Covert Lethality

Venka Prime, it's passive helps building the counter faster.

(Conclave) Nikana, because it's the only weapon Ash's passive affects there.

• 1 month later...

1) Dark Rakta Dagger with the Gleaming blight, covert lethality+fatal teleport will work very well but it bugs out a few times.

2) Zaw Dagger for higher finisher speed with covert lethality+fatal teleport but you won't get the advantage of the syndicate blight mod.

3) Venka Prime, if you are making bladestorm your main focus since it's combo counter increases higher compared to regular combo counter of other weapons, leading to higher overall damage of bladestorm depending on your combo.

4) Zenistar in the very long runs if you mod it for viral, radiation. Pairs very well with gas, cold zarr and corrosive blast zakti.

5) Any Nikana, based on your personal preference and stance mods like tranquil cleave and decisive judgement for the finisher combos. run a hybrid bloodrush, condition overload, viral and drifting contact setup on them and you can kill lvl 200 enemies in one combo at 3x.

With the upcoming change to Melee in the next month (maybe next few weeks... we don't know) the best melee to use with Ash will likely change.

What you're looking for, though, is any weapon that has a high proportion of Slash in its damage types, Status Chance and Critical Multiplier, for now. You do not necessarily need a decent Critical Chance, as this can be compensated for by modding in Speed and the Blood Rush mod or the Gladiator mods. A decent Range will also be beneficial, so Poleams or Whips are very good at hitting wide ranges around you.

Mod for Critical Damage, Attack Speed and Status Chance, put your Status type as Viral for the half-health status to ensure that any and all Bleed procs you hit with are having to do only half the work they would have needed to.

After that, it doesn't really matter which weapon type you prefer ^^ The Venka Prime are especially good with any frame that has Combo Counter modified abilities, like Ash, because they multiply things higher, faster.

My personal preference is to build a Zaw Polearm using the Plague Kripath as the Strike, then going for a neutral or fast Grip, with the Link biasing for a little more Status (but not hugely biased). They have massive range, great attack speed, good status, built-in Viral damage type as well as the IPS, and have an okay Riven disposition.

Buuuuut...

With all that said, I'll repeat; melee is about to change, heavily, best wait for that to happen and then experiment with different types after that.

I got 3 favorite melee setups for him...and always use the Seeking Shuriken augment.

1) Zaw dagger with Exodia Contagion (guaranteed viral procs pair well with his armor stripping) and CL

2) Zakti & condition overload Glaive Prime for insane slash procs

3) Zenistar (viral/rad)