The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Fix for Spin 2 Win...

TenStorms

16 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

Or just make Maiming Strike become a multiplicative bonus, not an additive one, that way you dont punish people who are actually playing melee and using combos if the just slide once

True , this will punish all player base , not just Spin-2-Win addicts.

28 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

Or just make Maiming Strike become a multiplicative bonus, not an additive one, that way you dont punish people who are actually playing melee and using combos if the just slide once

As someone who uses maiming strike responsibly, say for keeping Berserker up on low Crit Chance weapons (you gota try it on the Redeemer with a Warcy/Speed build maaaaan!) or to just compensate for lowish damage (My Anku has a riven which practically gurantees Orange Crits when combined with Maiming), I hate all the spam as well, but this gets a no.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

2 minutes ago, WizardTheGreat said:

Dont change this. Why?

I try to keep this as short as i can.

It makes every other System in this Game obsolete, because its ridiculous effective.

Equipped Warframes, Melee Stance, Energy...all that doesnt matter anymore, so its basically the moment you get Malming Strike => Congrats you just won the Game.

I want this Game to be more than a spin to win simulator..

Just now, Wyrmius_Prime said:

If you cannot run endless without spin attacks, you're bad at the game. That's all.

I said "And let's take away another good combo for end-game material," for a reason. Meaning that there are other tactics I use. 

And what's so bad with spin2win? 

Just make Maiming Strike and Riven with the same stat, apply after Blood Rush, that's the easiest solution.

But as Maiming Strike is a way for people with potatoe computers to play (and pay), it probably won't change.

There really is no problem with that mod in high Levels. Yes it is strong, but it cant do much against lvl 400+. 

It doesn't hurt you in anyway, but makes you sound butt hurt about other people's playstyle.

And really? You want to take the cheese out of onslaught? There is literally no other way to get far without spamming or spinning.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Mythical Warden said:

I said "And let's take away another good combo for end-game material," for a reason. Meaning that there are other tactics I use. 

And what's so bad with spin2win? 

Imagine having actually great and cool melee combos like in a bunch of hack and slash games and other online multiplayer games. Instead of that, people here spam 2 buttons one after another and call that gameplay. That's boring cancer at the most.

Just now, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Imagine having actually great and cool melee combos like in a bunch of hack and slash games and other online multiplayer games. Instead of that, people here spam 2 buttons one after another and call that gameplay. That's boring cancer at the most.

And who do you think you are, to tell someone whether that thing is considered fun or not? Sure the weapon might not be the "coolest" thing around, but it gets the job done, and you get it done very well. One thing I don't understand is why others get mad at other people for using Maiming strike just because they think it's cheesy. You could always spend more of your own time focusing on your own game, rather than someone elses.

Plus, is there any other god-tier combos for end-game you can think of?

The spin-2-win mechanic is a gimmick for gimmick missions. I don't like it either, I've sold all my meme mods the moment I got them and I'm sarcastically exchange ideas about how meme-spinning your way through the entirety of Warframe all the bloody time must be the most fun a person can get in a lifetime. But.

Spin-2-win is not the disease that plagues the game. It's a symptom. Removing the mod or altering the melee mechanics to render it useless will not make anything better. It will instead point out how tedious and boring things can get with weird scaling of dumb-as-a-shoe enemies, with basically the same goal for all missions and with the below minimal rewards.

Allowing all the gimmick builds in the game (from spin-2-win to RQ) is, if you want, a price that has to be payed for getting away with bland gameplay and unappealing rewards. Of course, new players have a completely different perspective, with a lot of crafting ahead of them and a lot of experiences being pummeled into the ground by veterans using the most efficient builds to avoid crushing boredom. Of course, they could also just leave for grineer pastures (or was it greener?), but who'd stand to benefit from that?! Not the devs, not the community and most probably not even the newcomers.

So all in all, let the spinners spin, the shakers quake and if that's too much to ask, then form a newbies-only clan, with strict rules about builds and tactics and play the game with your buddies, the way you want to play it 😄 (No, I don't think MR-locked team formation will be a thing any time soon, so don't dream on that either)

The innate problem is that spin2win is too effective compared to most other methods. Even without maiming, a primed reach on the right melee weapons still makes spin2win work better than most other forms of gameplay.

Spin2win is the only most effective way any frame can clear rooms, and until that changes, it should not. This is from someone who never owned or farmed a maiming strike.

Edited by More-L

5 minutes ago, More-L said:

Spin2win is the only effective way any frame can clear rooms, and until that changes, it should not. This is from someone who never owned or farmed a maiming strike.

Have you heard of Synoid Simulor, Phage or Telos Boltor? These are very affective room clearing weapons and there are many more like them!

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

2 minutes ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

Have you heard of Synoid Simulor, Phage or Telos Boltor?

Last I checked none of those had a radial, infinite punch-through 20m+ range that scaled infinitely with combo.

EDIT: But I probably will reword it a bit

Edited by More-L