The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Exodia Contagion

uxx0

5 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Covert Lethality should've never been necessary in the first place. That damage should've been normal. It was pretty strong, but fell off pretty quickly and it was super dangerous for the user. Imagine using it to try to out-DPS a player using Maiming Strike on a range melee. It just wasn't broken like that and wasn't hurting anybody except for the user sometimes. 

Other than Wukong's old interaction, it was never that big of a deal. It was just something that was fun to use, but still effective enough so you weren't just wasting your time. I just don't understand the point of it now. Why does DE make stuff like this? It might as well be Exodia Force now. 

I don't mind CL being necessary, as that limits Contagion to being dagger only. But the rest of what you said was what I really liked about the whole interaction. It was strong enough to actually rival meme strike spin2win before higher combo multipliers kick in, and since it falls off eventually there's no continual reliance on it. Plus with the self-damage you had to still use quick-melee and melee stance combos to deal with enemies in your face and can't just spam it willy-nilly.

4 minutes ago, Stoner said:

Oh..... Well damn. I guess it was too op? While some other op things have been left the same for years? Nice logic as always DE.

See above. It was strong, but not overpoweringly strong and had real flaws. 

So I just got done testing this out with my zaw too and SOMEHOW, when CL was equipped I was critting for 700 max... If I simply unequipped it, I would crit for like 1-2k against a level 120 corrupted bombard... Talk about completely gutting this arcane and dagger zaws... Sure it was strong enough to one shot level 100+ enemies, but you had to be sure you werent going to oneshot yourself in the process... meanwhile spin2win over there flys around the map one shotting everything in an equal radius without the drawback. I don't understand the thought process here.

So they REALLY don't want people using Daggers.

This change upsets me as the Arcane made my Dagger zaw a weapon I could use in any situation. I loved the utility provided. When swarmed the Arcane allowed me to even the odds. This was coupled with the skill needed to not blow myself up. So it felt like true risk vs reward.

Also considering how big a pain in the royal a** it was to build it felt like a true endgame arcane.

Must all Zaw Arcanes be useless?

So lets see...

Non-Stat enhancing Focus Abilities = Useless.

Zaw Arcanes = Useless

The majority of Melee Weapon Types = Useless

Most Arcanes = Useless

I guess Amp, Operator, & Warframe Arcanes are next.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

So they REALLY don't want people using Daggers.

This change upsets me as the Arcane made my Dagger zaw a weapon I could use in any situation. I loved the utility provided. When swarmed the Arcane allowed me to even the odds. This was coupled with the skill needed to not blow myself up. So it felt like true risk vs reward.

Also considering how big a pain in the royal a** it was to build it felt like a true endgame arcane.

I feel you. It really upsets me that I spent as much time and even some plat to finish my dagger zaw and contagion (quite literally last week) to have a weapon that went, "hey this is awesome to use but risky" to "hmmm which melee should I take? My zaw? Nah, I think that banana over there will do more damage."

This was one of the things that I actually looked forward to when playing the game. I wanted to test various things out as well. I found out about this after my Math Final, which made me even more depressed. God DE, where is your sense of fun?

Dear, DE. I grinded like crazy to max that Arcane out. I don't use it very often because it's not handy for every tile set. But today you took away something I grinded  for so much and I feel like I wasted my time and I didn't even want to do the Operation plague star because of all the grinding in Plains, but I did it! I forced my self because I wanted to have some fun at long last and so I did for few days. Untill this happened. I mean I worked for this and so as many other people and to see this being nerfed to the ground, I mean c'mon i can do more dmg with my braton now....

3 hours ago, Stoner said:

They nerfed the range. It's stil super OP and... might get you killed more often than not lol

Not even close. I went from doing 200k -2+ mill on average to 2000/ 20,000 if im lucky. I wish i could kill myself with it again its so weak

I used this as my main weapon for months and would have 80% + damage in squads every time. It was disgustingly strong but one mistake would kill you. It also took time to practice and get the movement right to stand in place to spam them all over at enemies on any tile set. Memeing strike is stupid, this at least was different and had risk vs reward.

Edited by A_Shihtzu

3 hours ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

DE logic: Let's release content with loads of grind to keep even vets occupied for months longer. But let's make none of that content actually worth that grind. 

Brilliant.

Why not just released more re-skinned versions of warm coat?

There's this little thing called balance. She's a fickle mistress.

5 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

There's this little thing called balance. She's a fickle mistress.

Balance doesn't mean does enough damage to tickle sortie level enemies.

Balance also applies to the amount of grind required to get or make a particular item.

So yes, she's a fickle mistress but if she's a downright horrid one then why bother entertaining her at all?

3 hours ago, LameLaYou said:

It was strong, but not overpoweringly strong and had real flaws. 

Well, I guess they really didn't like it critting into 7-digit numbers in some situations. 

Still, it was fun while it lasted.

Spoiler

7 hours ago, -dicht.Goko- said:

Why not just released more re-skinned versions of warm coat?

Sorry, we only accept Primed Sure Footed for 2+ years of login dedication. It keeps the game balanced.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

11 hours ago, Edphonse said:

So I just got done testing this out with my zaw too and SOMEHOW, when CL was equipped I was critting for 700 max... If I simply unequipped it, I would crit for like 1-2k against a level 120 corrupted bombard...

Guess that confirms that DE made a mistake somewhere. My point still stands for buffing the other Exodia Arcanes and probably Contagion. I just sold my Contagion, so I can't do further testing, sadly.

why do you always have to nerf every thing that is fun?

it was perfectly fin in its state why did you have to change it how it interacts with covert lethality it wasn't broken by any means with the existence of TIGRIS PRIME, LENZ, LANKA , GALATINE PRIME, ATTERAX, STUN WRAIT, TIBERON PRIME and so on why cant we have fun?

ITS FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its now the same thing like croma you let in a bug for a considerable amount of time and every one gets used to it and builds around it and waist there resources on it. If something like this happens FIX IT ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so no one gets any funny idea to use it.

i want my orokin catalyst and my formas back and all the other S#&$ i farmed for 20 hours. 

Just now, MaggyYolokraut said:

Its now the same thing like croma you let in a bug for a considerable amount of time and every one gets used to it and builds around it and waist there resources on it. If something like this happens FIX IT ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so no one gets any funny idea to use it.

i want my orokin catalyst and my formas back and all the other S#&$ i farmed for 20 hours. 

getting used to broken things and then complains about it being nerfed

pe3GPUH.jpg

vor 2 Minuten schrieb MaggyYolokraut:

FIX IT ASAP!

Well. DE isn't good at this part. 

Look at all the PoE Bugs (Eidolon/Mining/Bounties/Cets Transitions).

They also tend to nerf stuff if it gets popular. I used Contagion for months now to oneshot Tridolons (up to 11 million dmg with Chroma+Rhino+Equinox and no VS). Many saw this and copied it. I guess this is also a part of the nerf reason.

And let's be honest. It should add +100 Dmg not 10000%

This is absolutely ridiculous. The nerf is clearly way too harsh when it can't kill level 30 enemies any more (yes, I've tested it). Given the amount of work needed to make a full set of these arcanes, let alone even a few for casual players, this nerf is unwarrented. I honestly don't see why now they've decided to "fix" it when it's been a "problem" for this long. Time wasted, thanks again to the fun police - now I have another expensive piece of equipment that can only barely deal with mid-starchart level enemies, despite being a "legendary" arcane.

They need to change this.