Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Deluxe Skin info?

Mirasein

Nidus: Infested that consumes enemies around him to grow stronger
Nidus Deluxe: Demon Lord that consumes enemies around him to grow stronger.

...........Yep, nope. Totally NOTHING to do with Nidus's theme what-so-ever......nope............nope...

10 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Nidus: Infested that consumes enemies around him to grow stronger
Nidus Deluxe: Demon Lord that consumes enemies around him to grow stronger.

...........Yep, nope. Totally NOTHING to do with Nidus's theme what-so-ever......nope............nope...

I don't get the demon lord vibe from that skin tbh, but if that is the case...

Edited by Nitro747

12 hours ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

Deluxe skin never said to be tightly related to original theme of the frame.

It is an alternative theme of appearance for players to choose from.

As long as the design and final in-game look is well-crafted, I am all fine with it.

And there is always another way if you don't like what deluxe skin shows, which is tennogen.

not tied to the original look, but tied to it's theme? yes. Trinity deluxe? guardian angel. Frost? icy king. Ember? Phoenix. Oberon? Faun. Ash? Traditional warrior-ninja combo. Nidus organic-- oh wait.

My problem is the skin is pretty! But no Nidus. And that's what i feel from people's responses too. they love the skin! they don't care it's for nidus though. and also nidus has no tennogen so this is all we're getting. for those who are tired of the knight armor looks on every other frame and enjoyed something different there's nothing and that's my problem. well...not really problem, more like a thought.

I was so excited to see what organic stuff they are gonna draw inspiration from and i was prepared for anything but...bulky shiny armor

21 hours ago, Senguash said:

I like that there's an option for people who doesn't like the infested look.

but then they can play literaly any other frame 😞 for those who love the organic infested look they have only one frame with no cosmetics and the first thing we get is something completely different and like the rest of the frames. fancier for sure! but aestheticaly the same

If Deluxe skins have to stay exactly the same as the base frame... why would they exist? I suppose DE should just delete Asura, since it doesn't at all fit with my narrow understanding of Nova.

You are not owed cosmetics that are to your taste. You have the ultimate ability to not buy the things you don't like.

48 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Nova's deluxe was also arguably awful...and a lot of people said so before and after release.

This game will die if it tries to cater to the whims of the vocal minority.

This is a very different take on the general theme of Nidus. Seems interesting, which is all that I could hope for from a Deluxe skin. I may not like one, but they are all quite different than the base models.

19 hours ago, ShadowExodus said:

Most if not all of DE's deluxe designs screams a frame's theme in a different way or change it completely wdym.

i said recent designs, im not talking about the old ones, i dont see a connection of this skin to nidus at all, if ive seen it as a leak, i woudlve thought chroma, the nezha's skin also dont look like a nezha skin, the vauban doesnt look diffrent enough from a rhino, diffrent thing could be said to mesa's most recent deluxe and those before it. but again, i love the newer designs.

Edited by Sleepepe

I've never understood the reluctance to accept a skin because it doesn't fit the original theme

In older games skins have regularly been used to give you an alternative to the original character, with some going as far to give them alternative lore that you can read 

Also the Nezha deluxe skin was announced a few months ago and we still haven't gotten it so wouldn't expect Nidus' skin to come out soon

Edited by TEMPEST-NEXUS

50 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This game will die if it tries to cater to the whims of the vocal minority.

Except it WASN'T a vocal minority that complained about Nova's deluxe skin; It was a size-able majority of of the players on the forums and the dev streams. Same for Ember deluxe. There was more hate than like. But hey, keep on deluding yourself and insulting us.

Just so you're aware, businesses get more sales / profits and stay healthy and successful when they look at responses to proposed designs and go with what a majority of people are giving their voice of approval to.

That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Great looking skin for infested-bro. Now can Atlas get one? Ya know, because Atlas came out prior to Nidus; All we have is a fan-made skin (Monolith, which looks "Ok" but still has the paintbrush lines on it) and the graxx, which Iunno about you but I'm not partial to the grineer style skin- both of which are a pain in the *** to color and have nothing when it comes to a skin of this tier in craftsmanship. Or is Atlas just that unpopular that even with his buff he's still just Atlas?unknown.png

3 hours ago, DConagher said:

Great looking skin for infested-bro. Now can Atlas get one? Ya know, because Atlas came out prior to Nidus; All we have is a fan-made skin (Monolith, which looks "Ok" but still has the paintbrush lines on it) and the graxx, which Iunno about you but I'm not partial to the grineer style skin- both of which are a pain in the *** to color and have nothing when it comes to a skin of this tier in craftsmanship. Or is Atlas just that unpopular that even with his buff he's still just Atlas?

-snip-

It seems that they are creating deluxe skins for when the inspiration hits. Inaros already got a deluxe skin and Nezha deluxe concept was already being worked on. Vauban was out before other frames and is only now getting one. It doesn't have to follow a set order, just hope atlas gets one soon.

4 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

Ok, I don't want to be THAT guy, I really, REALLY liked that skin, it does look excellent but... what is that? He is the infested frame and all, what does any of that have to do with infestation? It's not just about the shiny metal thingies but also those ghostly arms hugging him and all sorts of weird stuff that doesnt ring any bells. You see Saryn deluxe: she is a flower. Ash: he is still a ninja. Nekros: he is still spoopy. Trinity: instead of lobster tail she had a big fish mouth eating her (can't be unseen). Octavia's deluxe still has her bass boosters and so on.

If this was Nidus Prime that'd be kinda acceptable because we know how much love the Orokin have for gold and they would add gold into anything they can. But as a deluxe I fail to see the concept behind it. I know, I'm kinda being overly dramatic but I just want to see your opinions <_<

3 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

It has on the concept. She is an Asura on the skin and you can get the reference of atomic explosions and other crazy stuff Asuras used to do.

Same as Nyx's Nemesis skin. If you know the Nemesis reference, you'll get it will stay on the theme.

The thing I really want to know is: what really is infested in there? Why are we still here? AND WHAT ARE THOSE GHOSTLY ARMS HUGGING HIS CHEST? <.<

Ok so let me tell you what is infested about this deluxe skin. Infestation in warframe isnt the same as normal infestation you would find in real world right? This infestation isnt about flesh or being messed up and disgusting as many people here are trying to suggest. Problem is most players dont have even single idea about the real intetion behind this infestation. It was created to battle the sentients (from older form of infestation that is reference to game dark sector). Sentients as you know are sort of hivemind a shared consciousness if you will. That gives them the advantage to know what every other sentient knows. Huge strategic advantage becouse of sharing informations and thus reacting quicker. To battle that the orokin "revived" infestation that was able to transform humans, animals, robots, basicaly any lifeform or AI and turn it into its part to become a hive mind. Thus gaining the same ability the sentient had but also the ability to replenish its numbers (soldiers) much much faster from many sources and thus gaining advantage against the sentient. And that idea of transforming many things into one hivemind is exactly what infestation is and what this skin represents. When you look at it you see extra pair of hands on chest and many eyes on shoulders. So it actualy isnt going away from the nidus theme or infestation theme but pretty much with it. As to what those hands are? I dont have even the slightest idea but thats whats magical about it being deluxe skin and not part of the main story. It could be possibly some relic of old times (after dark sector) when scientist tried to experiment with the original infestation? I think thats up to everyones imagination. I hope i answered your questions (i dont want to prove you wrong or something just to show you what you might have missed).

1 minute ago, butka1998 said:

Ok so let me tell you what is infested about this deluxe skin. Infestation in warframe isnt the same as normal infestation you would find in real world right? This infestation isnt about flesh or being messed up and disgusting as many people here are trying to suggest. Problem is most players dont have even single idea about the real intetion behind this infestation. It was created to battle the sentients (from older form of infestation that is reference to game dark sector). Sentients as you know are sort of hivemind a shared consciousness if you will. That gives them the advantage to know what every other sentient knows. Huge strategic advantage becouse of sharing informations and thus reacting quicker. To battle that the orokin "revived" infestation that was able to transform humans, animals, robots, basicaly any lifeform or AI and turn it into its part to become a hive mind. Thus gaining the same ability the sentient had but also the ability to replenish its numbers (soldiers) much much faster from many sources and thus gaining advantage against the sentient. And that idea of transforming many things into one hivemind is exactly what infestation is and what this skin represents. When you look at it you see extra pair of hands on chest and many eyes on shoulders. So it actualy isnt going away from the nidus theme or infestation theme but pretty much with it. As to what those hands are? I dont have even the slightest idea but thats whats magical about it being deluxe skin and not part of the main story. It could be possibly some relic of old times (after dark sector) when scientist tried to experiment with the original infestation? I think thats up to everyones imagination. I hope i answered your questions (i dont want to prove you wrong or something just to show you what you might have missed).

Yeah, but that would fit 10x better Nidus Prime rather than a deluxe skin :T

1 hour ago, ShadowExodus said:

It seems that they are creating deluxe skins for when the inspiration hits. Inaros already got a deluxe skin and Nezha deluxe concept was already being worked on. Vauban was out before other frames and is only now getting one. It doesn't have to follow a set order, just hope atlas gets one soon.

They already showed how they pick what deluxe is next on an art devstream. They give the art team a list and designers pick from it for the frames they're inspired and have something in mind, instead of having to forcefully work on a frame just by release and come up with a new design for a frame they might not be feelig like doing at the time since skins are "passion projects" without a deadline release like the usual Primes (every 3 months). Then there seems to be special cases like Nezha and Nidus deluxes (both from Liger-Inuzuka) that are comissioned. Just because some warframes are old/new doesn't mean they're entitled/forced to wait years to get some love.

5 hours ago, Kiwinille said:

They already showed how they pick what deluxe is next on an art devstream. They give the art team a list and designers pick from it for the frames they're inspired and have something in mind, instead of having to forcefully work on a frame just by release and come up with a new design for a frame they might not be feelig like doing at the time since skins are "passion projects" without a deadline release like the usual Primes (every 3 months). Then there seems to be special cases like Nezha and Nidus deluxes (both from Liger-Inuzuka) that are comissioned. Just because some warframes are old/new doesn't mean they're entitled/forced to wait years to get some love.

I think you have the wrong person lol

To those complaining at the skin not being "infested enough" haven't looked closely at the details. There are suggestions of infestation.

1 his exposed brain(blue)

2 the skeletal teeth(not many frames have visible teeth)

3 parts of the armor have boils(post stack)

4 the pre stack armor has parts that look like bone

5  the stomach area looks like there are exposed organs

6 pre-stack the legs are grotesque

7 his shoulders have eyes(deep sea fish/bug like eyes)

and finally

the image is only a preview the final product may look more organic than the image can possibly portray.

P.S. we also won't be getting a Nidus Prime for quite some time and in all likelyhood this will still be cooler than what Nidus Prime ends up being. 

Edited by ReapeaterX23

8 hours ago, TEMPEST-NEXUS said:

I've never understood the reluctance to accept a skin because it doesn't fit the original theme

In older games skins have regularly been used to give you an alternative to the original character, with some going as far to give them alternative lore that you can read 

Also the Nezha deluxe skin was announced a few months ago and we still haven't gotten it so wouldn't expect Nidus' skin to come out soon

So you want a tryhard metallic bleach hollow lookin frame spouting organic carcinogenic infestation and say it's fine a dandy?

Everything so far, even the ugly ember deluxe helm and somewhat lackluster mesa deluxe fits their theme. In that I can appreciate their consistency, so the frame can still be identified in some ways just by looking at their respective deluxe skin aesthetic.

You can plaster this skin on Nidus and it'll just confuse those who aren't familiar to the game to another frame entirely. Hell, some of my clanmates even mistook the concept for Atlas deluxe at first glance. Y'know.... what with the whole atlas rework... getting armor from his skill uses, beefed up fighter theme. Nidus' deluxe looks a heck ton more like it'll fit Atlast than Nidus by a long shot.

Does the skin look cool? sure, it twitches my inner weeb.
Does it represent Nidus at all? 

Spoiler

Saw someone say Nidus looks like some kinda all consuming demon or sumthin, but that just ticks my brain to Inaros more than Nidus.....

Edited by Tsardova

Looks like Chroma Deluxe will have a fashion buddy! Well. Looks like I'll need some 75% plat soonTM

And RIP Typhus, may its design be blessed by the void itself and become the inspiration for Nidus Prime (last chance to become true, imo)

Those shiny blue arms really reminds me of the eidolons blue jelly like innards... interesting.

I love this skin, especially the unarmored version. The armored version seems to saturate the whole color scheme. Reminds me of something someone else mentioned in the thread. Something from Nihei Tsutomu and i really like the blue arms. It would be great if they were somehow interactive.

I don't see why people are upset its not infested themed. When deluxe skins were introduced DE said they wanted them to be a step away from DEs designs and influences. So yeah, its not infested themed, but holly hell it looks badass, like one of the best looking concepts iv seen in a very long time.

And Deluxe skins don't have to, nor should they be required to match their original concept theme. Just look at Octavia, he deluxe is really good looking imo and doesn't have anything to do with her original concept.

1 hour ago, HerpDerpy said:

I don't see why people are upset its not infested themed. When deluxe skins were introduced DE said they wanted them to be a step away from DEs designs and influences. So yeah, its not infested themed, but holly hell it looks badass, like one of the best looking concepts iv seen in a very long time.

And Deluxe skins don't have to, nor should they be required to match their original concept theme. Just look at Octavia, he deluxe is really good looking imo and doesn't have anything to do with her original concept.

i'd say the people upset are the ones who actually really enjoy Nidus with his whole aesthetic (and no other frame rocking it) and that was taken away from him on top of him having no other possibiltiies of customisation. that's the only problem im seeing here

it's just a concept though and i know 99% people love it, even the devs, so it will probably stay exactly like this, but i still hope it might look at least a tad more infested or less bulky in the final form

On 2018-05-12 at 10:22 AM, alukard18 said:

it looks like human soul trapped in cursed  demonic armor

It does not. Because arms doesn't look human. It's a daemon trapped in daemon? Considering warframe backstory it makes sense