Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming strike and the melee changes.

OBCallum

!. They are removing combo multiplier from normal attacks, which reduces spin2win dmg by about 70% on average. 

2. They are adding line of sight to melee attacks will remove a lot of that whip nonsense.

3. They are changing combo multiplier stages, which will be a buff or a nerf depending on how fast you can reach higher combo multipliers, if you could reach 7X within 10000 hits (previously 1.2 mil hits)  then spin to win will be a lot more powerful than it already is.

Spin2win isn't going anywhere, it will still be the most efficient single target dps. It's just getting a little less ridiculous, as chroma + banshee could stupid things like attack at attack speed cap (100ms) and attack damage cap (2.154 billion per hit) at the same time.

1 hour ago, PhoenixShadowEvil said:

People ignore me i offer 7 plat for maiming strike,  scammers in trade chat today try sell died mod for 350 p

Maiming strike, considering how it's obtained, is worth 25 platinum. Anything more than 40 is a scam. 

12 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I wish they would just remove the perceived problem, Ie remove maiming strike, instead of seemingly screwing over every aspect of melee to try to balence maiming strike better.

Yeah...remove a mod that people spent their hard earned or bought plat on. I'm sure that won't enrage those who spent 100p for it. 😛 

19 minutes ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Maiming strike, considering how it's obtained, is worth 25 platinum. Anything more than 40 is a scam. 

1 hour ago, PhoenixShadowEvil said:

People ignore me i offer 7 plat for maiming strike,  scammers in trade chat today try sell died mod for 350 p

For insulting the community by lowballing or insulting traders, I welcome you both on my ignore list. You'll like it there.

Edited by disco_inferno6

Don't start complaining about losing plat. You signed an agreement. You are entitled to.. absolutely nothing.

Its also your fault if you paid more than 40 plat for maiming strike. Getting a bad habit by using nothing but maiming strike: Also your fault. 

Please take a moment to review all agreements signed in reference to this game. If you no longer agree, sever the agreement by uninstalling the game from your steam account. 

For insulting the community, I welcome you both on my ignore list.

P2Ubf3e.jpg

Edited by CupcakesMoo

13 minutes ago, DrakoKnight48 said:

Yeah...remove a mod that people spent their hard earned or bought plat on. I'm sure that won't enrage those who spent 100p for it. 😛 

Just do what they did in the past give those who had it a legendary core

Honestly maiming strike is more of a PC issue,  people still do it on Console however without the macro it's not a game breaking mechanic.  I play on both the difference between how maiming is used between the 2 is Dramatic.

Now to balance it every box or bump In The floor is going to block melee, combo counters are being rekted which could also wreck mods that rely on the counter like blood rush combo duration mods, weeping wounds gladiator mods etc if the combo counter no longer effects normal melee attacks these mods likely will be the same, range mods are being nerfed, channeling is being killed.... funny thing they say channeling isn't used so they're making these changes but then they are making the combo counter only affect heavy attacks which are used far Less than channeling is, at least channeling has life strike as a reason to use it.

In the end it's still early and things could all change but I'm not looking forward to this.   Melee is quite good in Warframe maiming strike is a broken mechanic on PC the easiest solution is to just get rid of that and don't fix what isn't broken on the rest.

I'm curious, where do people get the idea from that melee range mods will be nerfed? Was it in the devstream? Because in the melee workshop notes there is no mention about it anywhere, unless of course I'm completely blind.

Please do point me in the right direction.

28 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm curious, where do people get the idea from that melee range mods will be nerfed? Was it in the devstream? Because in the melee workshop notes there is no mention about it anywhere, unless of course I'm completely blind.

Please do point me in the right direction.

Yeah they did talk about range in the dev stream. They want to reduce the effect of range mod. And modify/buff the range of the weapons themselves. Mostly, it sounded like they wanted the range to be represented visually by the game models. So if you swing your polearm, you will actually hit what is being hit by the weapon-model and not something that is half a room away. 

Basically your weapon is the size it appears to be on the screen. If that means it will actually grow in size when you add range mods, or they add some visual effect to it, or whatever I don't know. And the nerfed-mods vs changed-base could even each other out for all we know. I think it's too early to talk about the range changes. We need more details.

5 hours ago, SenariousNex said:

!. They are removing combo multiplier from normal attacks, which reduces spin2win dmg by about 70% on average. 

2. They are adding line of sight to melee attacks will remove a lot of that whip nonsense.

3. They are changing combo multiplier stages, which will be a buff or a nerf depending on how fast you can reach higher combo multipliers, if you could reach 7X within 10000 hits (previously 1.2 mil hits)  then spin to win will be a lot more powerful than it already is.

Spin2win isn't going anywhere, it will still be the most efficient single target dps. It's just getting a little less ridiculous, as chroma + banshee could stupid things like attack at attack speed cap (100ms) and attack damage cap (2.154 billion per hit) at the same time.

theyr making it that combo counter will only apply to heavy attacks and will be used up after performing one, similar to how abilities use energy thus that x7 multiplier wont apply to spins and will be used or partially used the moment you do a heavy attack 

17 hours ago, OBCallum said:

So, I own multiple maiming strike and mostly had them as investments as they were increasing so I bought to re-sell later/whenever I needed the platinum. After the dev stream prices dropped by 50%, I heard that 'it was being nerfed' anyone know what exactly was said to happen?

The mod itself isn't being nerfed, but they're nerfing the spin to win combo. They're also nerfing range itself. How it works and what exactly does it do. 

They're basically changing the whole melee system 

4 minutes ago, YandereWaifu said:

theyr making it that combo counter will only apply to heavy attacks and will be used up after performing one, similar to how abilities use energy thus that x7 multiplier wont apply to spins and will be used or partially used the moment you do a heavy attack 

even if 7x is not applied to spins, it will still trigger blood rush to be +165*7 % which would make maiming strike a whole lot more useful than it is now, but it is all speculation until it actually comes out, so there is no reason to panic sell all your maiming strikes for 7 plat lol.

5 minutes ago, SenariousNex said:

even if 7x is not applied to spins, it will still trigger blood rush to be +165*7 % which would make maiming strike a whole lot more useful than it is now, but it is all speculation until it actually comes out, so there is no reason to panic sell all your maiming strikes for 7 plat lol.

i sold mine about an hour after i farmed it, too boring and combos outdid it for me, though i am curious to see what happens to bloodrush and weeping wounds condition overload as well (hopefully they dont touch it but being such a prominent mod they might) 

Guess that means RIP melee. Instead of nerfing Memestrike directly they are apparently going to nerf melee in general and as most long time player know DE lacks the soft touch required to balance stuff correctly and when they nerf something they usually nerf it so hard that it's useless afterwards.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

Just that Geometry will block Melee, which I hope means things like heavy crates and boxes, and not tiny poles. Either way, Maiming will still be good for my Ohma to turn Vaubans Vortex into a giant blender.

they elaborated that it means no more hitting things through walls and poles etc sorry >< though i hope they dont make it too bad as i like my long range polearms

17 hours ago, NightBlitz said:

not rly enough info to truly say that its getting "nerfed" or "its dead", mostly people jumping to conclusions, so...the usual kind of thing whenever a change it proposed.

I don't think it'll be that bad... Although, one really big nerf to this game play style is that MAYBE DE have not decided yet, but maybe, light attacks will not scale off of the combo meter which would really hurt the damage output of spin to win.

If they don't decide to do that, then maiming strike i think will be relatable ok. It just won't have the same range, nor the ability to instantly clear a room since it won't get enemies behind objects. In terms of nerf, it could be a lot worse. 

1 minute ago, YandereWaifu said:

they elaborated that it means no more hitting things through walls and poles etc sorry >< though i hope they dont make it too bad as i like my long range polearms

Oh well, I mostly use the Ohma, Zenistar or other short range Melee weapons, so I won't be too hurt by this. But I know plenty of people use use Whips and Polearms that are going to suffer.

17 hours ago, trst said:

My guess is that (right now) memestrike will stay the exact same while bloodrush will only affect heavy attacks.

Kinda annoying since I preferred using melee quick attack with blood rush 

4 hours ago, CupcakesMoo said:

Don't start complaining about losing plat. You signed an agreement. You are entitled to.. absolutely nothing.

Its also your fault if you paid more than 40 plat for maiming strike. Getting a bad habit by using nothing but maiming strike: Also your fault. 

Please take a moment to review all agreements signed in reference to this game. If you no longer agree, sever the agreement by uninstalling the game from your steam account. 

P2Ubf3e.jpg

These kids thought they are being funny but actually are just spreading toxic, no one with a right mind will sell MS at 7p or 40p. People who have spare MS normally already have generous amount of plat, if they are desperate for plat, they would have sold it long time ago and will not wait till now to sell you for 40p. LOL

17 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I wish they would just remove the perceived problem, Ie remove maiming strike, instead of seemingly screwing over every aspect of melee to try to balence maiming strike better.

Every aspect? I almost never use Maiming Strike and the spin-to-win is still broken as any even with a bloodrush mod on. Simply put the way spin attacks work (360 melee with multiplied damage) is already broken. Add in a bunch of mods that can take your melee weapons to a whole another level, especially Maiming Strike (not the only offender) and you have a mixture that is so clearly broken that almost nobody even tries to argue against it. DE perfectly well know this is not a simple one-trick pony change from their playtesting and data they have.

33 minutes ago, HeartPurity said:

These kids thought they are being funny but actually are just spreading toxic, no one with a right mind will sell MS at 7p or 40p. People who have spare MS normally already have generous amount of plat, if they are desperate for plat, they would have sold it long time ago and will not wait till now to sell you for 40p. LOL

Just because they waste money doesn't mean everyone else will too, "Lol". 

Edited by CupcakesMoo