Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming strike and the melee changes.

OBCallum

So, I own multiple maiming strike and mostly had them as investments as they were increasing so I bought to re-sell later/whenever I needed the platinum. After the dev stream prices dropped by 50%, I heard that 'it was being nerfed' anyone know what exactly was said to happen?

Maiming Strike will not be directly nerfed, but the entire melee system is being overhauled, and the power of the MS + BR + Whip combo will be diminishing due to combo meter changes and geometry blocking melee weapons (RIP Scoliac Riven Mods). I would review the above link for more information.

My interpretation from what they've posted about, they will only be indirectly nerfing memestrike while directly nerfing the memestrike + bloodrush combo.

Slide attacks no longer penetrating world geometry plus range mod nerf/base range buff (not sure if it's a net buff or nerf in range), while them also mentioning retuning the combo system to maybe working for the new heavy attacks more/only.

My guess is that (right now) memestrike will stay the exact same while bloodrush will only affect heavy attacks.

23 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

not rly enough info to truly say that its getting "nerfed" or "its dead", mostly people jumping to conclusions, so...the usual kind of thing whenever a change it proposed.

I mean they did specifically say in the devstream that they wanted to get rid of the spin2win meta. 

So whatever changes they make, it’ll be with that in mind.

Hold onto them. There's actually a pretty good chance someone will release a "Weapon X + Maiming Strike + Charge Attack Slide Combo = Massive Enemy Slaughter Output!" new Meta build, and their prices could go up again.

Basically, it's a market place, and the prices will go up and down, but that doesn't always mean to jump ship on an investment. Sometimes its wiser to stick it through.

2 things on melee. 

1 - currently using melee is smashing E and most people don't use the vast combos incorporated into each stance. Even if they try to eventually they will end up smashing E most of the time.

2 - spin to win is as $&*&*#(%&ed as it gets. The ones that wish to maximize their damage and efficiency just make a macro that spams it. Almost no humans can beat a macro generating 5,6,7 spin attacks per second if the weapon allows it. And yes most weapons do allow it especially when a speed buff kicks in ( like berserker ). Imagine someone spinning at absurd speed flying through rooms and dealing insane damage in 30-40 meters AOE around going through walls. Now image that this person just uses W key and a mouse to direct the attacks and nothing more (macro for the win). Your fingers won't hurt a bit. You can easily stop at a wall on a corner and leave for a snack. Broken, not fun and in most parts $&*&*#(%&ed. Efficient as hell but... $&*&*#(%&ed. Aaand the more you run with it the stronger it gets.

Let's wait and see how the new system will end up. Last time when melee was reworked everyone freaked out due to the nerf of the zorencopter. Nowadays we have far better parkour system in place that doesn't feel like a glitched visual or bugged mechanic.

I want to see what happens when people find out they cant maiming strike like that anymore. 

14 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Spin 2 win is one of the worst cheese mechanics in this game and after the telos boltace nerf it was only a matter of time before meme strike gets nerfed too.

I hope they don't touch covert lethality at least.

bj5BLy6.png

Lets be honest with ourselves. They where never going to "directly" nerf Maiming Strike. There was too much platinum behind it. 

Their choices where to either flood the market and drive the prices down then nerf it or nerf something else that ultimately nerfed Maiming by proxy. So this isn't a surprising outcome. 

Since everyone else and their dog seems to be weighting in on Spin-2-Win in general. My only personal gripe with Spin-2-Win was that it usually tanked my Affinity gains. As the people who employed it would go Supersayan Tryhard to the far corners of the map. They would manage to stay well outside of affinity range even on the most claustrophobic defense maps. Outside of that, I really don't care if people go that rout or not. 

Edited by Oreades

They are not nerfing maiming strike... They are fixing spin weapons to not kill enemies through walls.

Melee attacks (including spin attacks) will no longer sweep through walls or objects.

Edited by TzXtetriC

9 hours ago, OBCallum said:

So, I own multiple maiming strike and mostly had them as investments as they were increasing so I bought to re-sell later/whenever I needed the platinum. After the dev stream prices dropped by 50%, I heard that 'it was being nerfed' anyone know what exactly was said to happen?

Stopped reading at "investments".

Now why exactly are you playing Warframe in the first place?

34 minutes ago, TzXtetriC said:

They are not nerfing maiming strike... They are fixing spin weapons to not kill enemies through walls.

Melee attacks (including spin attacks) will no longer sweep through walls or objects.

Also, range of reach mods are being nerfed (meanwhile, range on weapons are being buffed, at least on some weapons). Combo counter is being changed, rather drastically from the sound of it.

It's to early to say just how those changes will really pan out, but considering that the combo counter (with Blood Rush) and insane ranges of Primed Reach/Rivens is the only reason Maiming Strike is popular, it's fair enough to consider it an indirect nerf.

Idk, for people who are saying they aren't directly nerfing memeing.

combo counter not working for light attacks, combo counter mods being changed and range mods being nerfed seems pretty direct to me.

Which is great these changes were long overdue.

2 hours ago, Skyrage said:

Stopped reading at "investments".

Now why exactly are you playing Warframe in the first place?

Are you really questioning the concept of economics in a game with tradable goods?