Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MKR17 "Melee the orbs" test

GLoRToR

1. Barely enough time to get from orb to orb

2. Enemies barely spawn at all and they spawn too far so there is no way to kill so many under the given timeframe.

Suggestions:
- Added seconds per enemy killed
- Smaller zone

I struggled with that one. What got me through it was a high-range Ember and a polearm. Turn on WoF, parkour like Hek to the Orbs (practice to get your route right). the Runners are really weak, strength doesn't matter. This one, to me anyway, was a test of how the player can make a build to fit a situation.

Just now, SenorClipClop said:

I struggled with that one. What got me through it was a high-range Ember and a polearm. Turn on WoF, parkour like Hek to the Orbs (practice to get your route right). the Runners are really weak, strength doesn't matter. This one, to me anyway, was a test of how the player can make a build to fit a situation.

I did the same thing but there were literally not enough spawns. Place should be swarming and there was barely any.

You're kind of reliant on their spawns and orb distance but it's possible if RNG is on your side.

Completed it with Trinity just finding enemies faster with Link but you can always just use a fast nuke frame and/or Enemy Sense to kill faster.

Your companion is also there, if you got a Kavat with the best crit mods it can also help killing while you focus on orbs.

Have you tried Saryn, Volt etc.?

1 minute ago, Kyryo said:

Just use loki with a sprint modding, and a long range polearm. Run around meleeing the orbs and the grineer on the road, do not wonder around looking after them.

EZ

There are no grineer. These are infested. Also, Loki is not the best for killing many enemies fast. Ember or Banshee or a GOva would be the best picks imo. If the test worked properly.

1 minute ago, kgabor said:

You're kind of reliant on their spawns and orb distance but it's possible if RNG is on your side.

Completed it with Trinity just finding enemies faster with Link but you can always just use a fast nuke frame and/or Enemy Sense to kill faster.

Your companion is also there, if you got a Kavat with the best crit mods it can also help killing while you focus on orbs.

Have you tried Saryn, Volt etc.?

Ember. I'll probably pick GOva tomorrow though so they get to me faster. But all this is irrelevant if the enemies don't spawn...

Just now, GumShot said:

i dont know whereis the problem tho, did it just now 2 times, fat ass chroma with short range melee

circumstances to fail it are bugs

Pretty much yeah. Hopefully they'll take a look at this one and fix it. 

I don't mind a challenge but this wasn't challenging, it was bugged.

Just take any well modded melee with range and you will one hit KO the infested. Also, I tried it right now and I managed to extend the timer consistently to 30 seconds, which is the max. You just need to bullet jump your way around to the next orb once it appears and slide kill any infested on the way.

Taking Enemy Radar/Sense with you will also help.

I just tried it at the relay to make sure. It is not bugged. It is the same way it was when I took the test the first time and can be completed. Finished with 17 seconds left...

To make it easy, take Ember and just focus on getting the Orbs, the Infested will die while you get more and more time.

Last time i completed that Test, I used pre - rework Ember. It probably not going to work as well with the Current account i'm using since Ember's WOF got it's range Reduced but I completed the Pod not taking Damage Riven Challenge with her so it might.

It's terrible. Took me many attempts. Would even practice until I got it down 3 times inna row. And in the test the orbs would spawn in always opposite corners.

Only 2 advice:

1) Practice

2) Go for the orbs. Immediately. Take fastest frame. Be familiar with the manouvering.

Just imagine how this will be after the range fixes on melee 😉

I used Ember with a Smeeta and max range atterax. If I remember correctly this is the one with the tower in the center right? I practiced that one and beat it every single time....gave it a go and the RNG spawned the orbs at the bottom and the top consistently....making me fail 3 days on a row. On the 4th try it finally had advantageous orb spawns and I finished it with time to spare. 

I aced it on my second try.

Used GOva with a 6 forma cat. I feel attack speed is more important than range.

If you know how to bullet jump into air spindash you can do it with the Kronen like I did.

My problem on the first try was as I said: no spawns to kill. Probably a hiccup.

I used the Glaive Prime to take the orbs from afar.

This is a good moment to practice your playstyle and step up your skills because the MR25 have this test but much harder, with sky archwing (PoE behavior and melee will remove the archwing) and the enemies are scattered on far seperate platforms so you can't bullet jump accross.

1 minute ago, FrostedMike said:

I used the Glaive Prime to take the orbs from afar.

This is a good moment to practice your playstyle and step up your skills because the MR25 have this test but much harder, with sky archwing (PoE behavior and melee will remove the archwing) and the enemies are scattered on far seperate platforms so you can't bullet jump accross.

Right.

Question 1: What's PoE?
Question 2: So in that test, you are not allowed to melee?
Question 3: Titania allowed or do I need to use Archwing?