Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 22.20.0] Virtual Cursor Feedback MEGATHREAD - Share Videos Where Possible!

aidan890

5 minutes ago, (PS4)NO1SE_jk said:

I kind of understand the desire to unify command inputs across platforms, plus we still haven't gotten our hands on the upcoming UI and don't know how important this cursor functionality is for it, but at the moment there are a couple of issues I have with what is currently available after a short while playing around with the new update:.

Here is what bothers me....if this new system is needed for the new UI then release them together. Don't break the game like this.

1 minute ago, (PS4)LubzinNJ said:

Here is what bothers me....if this new system is needed for the new UI then release them together. Don't break the game like this.

Might have wanted to sort out cursor functionality and coding beforehand so that that piece of work is out the way before the new UI launch? I dunno, just guessing here and giving some sort of the benefit of the doubt...

4 minutes ago, (PS4)NO1SE_jk said:

Might have wanted to sort out cursor functionality and coding beforehand so that that piece of work is out the way before the new UI launch? I dunno, just guessing here and giving some sort of the benefit of the doubt...

I think it's more they want to sort out all these issues (D-pad functionality, cursor speed, etc) so it's completely more comfortable and functional when UI 3.0 releases on one part, and because it won't come out with everything at once (I guess Arsenal and main ship UI/pause menu stuff will be first and Dojos will come later).

These changes are awful. Makes everything a chore now. Next time something like this is thought up, please consider implementing on volunteers (“we need 1,000 players to test our new UI, sign up and get a booster or sigil or something”). I know it is a bit of extra coding, but it would have saved a lot of heartache. 

Xbox player here, yeah the new UI is very very very very very bad for controller users, we loose a lot of time on basic stuff now, it is really a pain in the a*s and I'm very upset about the idea of playing with this crappy UI until it's getting fixed

But why would you even change it ? Who among the controller users complained about it ? Never saw anyone complaining...

DE if you are trying for a unified interface system.  

So make the controls of both controller or mouse / keyboard be represented across all the 3 systems.  That way its the same code for all 3 systems let the player choose which controls they end up using.

Otherwise for the love of Space Mother change it back.

I have never post on any forum, but because of this cursor misstep I feel compelled to. Please, for the love of god, revert the controls back. IMO it is only useful on the chat screen. Besides that, it slows the game down as I have learned the buttons enough to maneuver through screens quickly and have no desire to adjust to the cursor. It is bad. At least, make it optional so people can opt out because this mess is bad. PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK ASAP!!!!

Edit: Chat screen and planet selection. Besides that, it is useless. Change it back!

Edited by (PS4)anava254

This is offending to console players. You know, some of us have been playing with gamepad schemes for like 6 console generations now (since NES and SNES and through all the PS's) and actually come from a generation that console gaming was the expensive one and PC gaming was for people that couldn't afford a gaming machine and their own TV and had to play pirated games on their homework pc's. By all this I mean we are not "console plebs" and we don't deserve getting treated like that, especially when some of us (again) have already paid a full game's worth on addons in their first 80 days of gaming, just to support the brilliant game that Warframe is. Forcing me to play with a PC mentality is not just a bad or misjudged update, it is a straight insult to my philosophy as a consumer and history as a gamer.

At this point, I honestly do not think DE even cares about what we say in this thread, because of the following:

I was one of the first individuals to come in this thread to complain about the horrible virtual cursor additions to the PC version. Then many more people followed suit saying much the same.

DE would have never deployed these changes to the console WEEKS after we made comments here if they had any intention of taking our criticism to heart.

So I think thread is simply linked to their proverbial /dev/null, and won't ever get responded to.

DE is determined to force these changes on everyone and we are going to have it this way, whether we like it or not.

Needless to say, I am never spending my hard earned money on platinum ever again. I mean, why should I, when the changes made are so vastly different from the time I initially purchased plat? It is almost a completely different game now. This is not what I've paid to support. These changes are not wanted.

I can understand what you guys were trying to accomplish with the Virtual Cursor and I do so appreciate your efforts first and foremost. Uniformity between all platforms is an important thing to accomplish for sure. Uniformity and parity, lofty goals indeed.

That having been said, the Xbox One and Playstaion 4 are not and will never be PCs. While its possible to play these consoles with a keyboard and mouse its not the draw of the consoles as far as input goes. The controller is.

The reality of the matter is that the makers of the consoles you're selling and working on have vastly different input devices and ignoring this would be like filling a gas tank of a Pinto with diesel because its cheaper for you. In the end its just not going to work out well.

Making the controller work more like a mouse is fine but introducing this feature without the ability to turn it off in any way, I feel is a massive mistake.  It may seam little to some but altering the way we all interact with a large portion, and first impression, of the world you all have shared with us is going to be a giant source of immediate pleasure or stress.

The Virtual Cursor as it is now is a source of immediate stress. I don't want it gone. I'd like the ability to turn it off is all.

After all the more options for all only makes for a better game for all.

Thank you for reading this.

I'm making this edit and addition 9 hours and several missions after my first post.

There are some areas where the virtual cursor works very well, for example after mission stats and color palettes. There is a very simple middle ground to make this ill advised, unwanted and forced first impression to your awesome and fun game. Making the virtual cursor something you can turn on and off for individual sub-sections would allow all of us to have our cake and eat it to, while also allowing a greater ability to customize ones own experience to ones own playstyle.

Main Menu

Market

Starchart

Arsonal

Mods

Founry

Relics

Operator

Decorations

Codex

And so forth and so forth on.

Once again, thank you for reading.

Edited by (XB1)Vindicator30
Edits and additions

This is the first time for me writing something in this forum. Normally I was always fine with all the changes you guys made (except the removal of the Raids. If there are laggy Eidolons, why can they stay but not the Raids? Nevermind tho)

Sorry for my bad English, but I'm really really really disappointed right now.

I never had such problems with a controller before. The cursor is really awful.

At this point I don't even want to play anymore, tbh. I just log in and log out, until it gets fixed.

The former UI was perfectly fine. I don't even get, why you suddenly wanted to change it.

Of course, progress is great and it's nice, that you try new stuff.

But so far I never saw anyone complaining about the UIs. Why change something good into... This... Horrible new thing?

I feel bad for complaining, but it's just really awful. :^(

I really hope you change it back soon.

Just to echo the others, this new system is odd and will take some getting used to. Honestly in many ways, it's not as terrible as many say. I hope that after all this feedback is dissected and digested, that the current system is modified to allow players a choice of either the previous system or the new system. Not everyone is accustomed to change and the UI should be as accompanying as possible.

The New Ui Indeed Looks nice but feels absolutly terrible we take twice more time to do basic things like talk to Players or even select an alert It would be great if We could have this Ui esthetic with the Old way to use it ,  Forcing us to mainly use the Cursor on console realy ain't a good idea

i dont think ill be logging back in till this is fixed if i wanted a cursor i would be playing the PC version as it is now is slow and clunky navigation take forever having to now hover over somthing to open sub catagorys then move over to that and select it we are not PC gamers so why give a mouse pointer and not allow us to use a mouse do the same to PC players make it so they dont have the cursor and have to navigae with just arrow key is a like situation

5 minutes ago, (PS4)JohnnyPersia said:

I can still use the d-pad for almost everything, so I'm not sure what I'm missing here.So I haven't really noticed a difference here.

However, I don't like the fact that we no longer have the quick buttons for appearance, upgrade, etc. The menus also seem to lag a bit.

Trying modding your gear

Console player here.

This is my first post on the forum, but I'm nearing 800 hours in gameplay. While I can certainly say that I'm conditioned to the old style of navigation, I'm not against change. The new UI update though feels so unintuitive and actually negatively impacts my interaction with the game. Even then, I don't think there was anything wrong with old system. 

Can you at least give us a legacy option of going back?

Guys, pretty sure Megan said they can’t go back, and that they can only go forward. So I guess a toggle option is not a thing.

Which is upsetting. I’m literally terrified of modding my gear or fashion framing since my new cursor skips and jumps (yes, I have adjusted speed..), and I’m afraid I’ll hit the wrong thing.

That, and it’s so incredibly slow. 

DE, I’m disappointed in you. I’m disappointed you forced this on console. I can only hope you figure out a way to please everybody, because I really don’t want to quit a game I love.

Edited by (PS4)jaegerbombtastic

I have never in any game had to actually say or speak up about anything but this cursor change has made me come out my shell and here are a few issues, I see now and future.

If DEis saying this is apart of the new future UI then from the start the cursor should have been an option for console players. This is a huge downgrade from the system we just had, it takes away short cuts, the ability to mod properly , scrolling through varied menu seems high  inconvenient and touch and go  saggy. without the option to turn it off u cut off what console players love about console that it's NOT PC!. this changes are targeted too much to pc and don't have console in mind. DE should understand that pc is pc and console is console and should keep it at that instead of trying to merge  2 platforms . and after 2 updates in dojo there still isn't a contribute all button!

hace 2 minutos, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic dijo:

Guys, pretty sure Megan said they can’t go back, and that they can only go forward. So I guess a toggle option is not a thing.

Which is upsetting. I’m literally terrified of modding my gear or fashion framing since my new cursor skips and jumps (yes, I have adjusted speed..), and I’m afraid I’ll hit the wrong thing.

That, and it’s so incredibly slow. 

DE, I’m disappointed in you. I’m disappointed you forced this on console. I can only hope you figure out a way to please everybody, because I really don’t want to quit a game I love.

The problem is the mouse cursor, the rest is excellent, so... i would love an option to GO BACK TO OLD CONTROL OPTIONS...