Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 22.20.0] Virtual Cursor Feedback MEGATHREAD - Share Videos Where Possible!

aidan890

6 minutes ago, (PS4)MaximumVegetto said:

The problem is the mouse cursor, the rest is excellent, so... i would love an option to GO BACK TO OLD CONTROL OPTIONS...

Me too. But like I said, Megan said (twitter) that they can’t do that.

I just really don’t get why they didn’t add an option for us. I’m actually terrified to mod anything due to the cursor bouncing about. Not to mention it’s so much slower 😣

I have played this game 1196 hours. I started 2015. DE has before made some pretty weird choices but this is the mother of all #*!%ups! There is no emotes which would describe how mad I am about this DOWDGRADE on consoles. I now HATE scrolling the menus etc which is pretty big thing in this game.

I have never before come here to complain about the nerfs or any other changes which I disliked but this... this is something else. The whole game experience on PS4 is now ruined. Hotkeys are gone. D-pad dont work anymore. ChatWindows are stuck. If someone answers back on a closed screen the whole chat glitches. Cant invite or do anything. ARGH!

Adding and removing mods takes forever. Before it was clicketiclick and done. Even viewing the relics takes multiple actions compare to what it was in the good old days (couple hours back). Leaving the squad is more difficult. Every single thing is now more difficult and time consuming. Why would any1 want this? 

PLEASE add option to disable this god awful cursor which Cursed such a great game. 

To think of it... is this the idea of The Sacrifice quest? DE Sacrificed working UI to the Cursed Cursor. RIP WF

A strange cursor-related bug I've found:

I'm trying to go through the memories, audio clips, and other bits in the codex fragments.

Fragments that are selected from the left hand side of the screen (Earth, Mercury, Phobos etc.) are generally fine, although sometimes when the point activates it's in a very different position to the cursor.

Fragments selected from the right hand side of the screen (Dojo, Mars, Jupiter) are sometimes impossible to activate. The signal you follow to find the activation point always seems to be off the right hand side of the screen, and sometimes is only even audible on the extreme bottom right corner.

If I recall correctly, these fragments always initialised the cursor to the top left point of the image. Now, however, the cursor is wherever it was when you selected the fragment. But it may be that the fragment still treats the position of the cursor as where the top left should be, hence the target point sometimes being off the right hand side of the screen.

Nothing game-breaking, just frustrating when hunting for lore!

Something that could be done... let the cursor ONLY in the mods machine, it works excellent, and... if you are upgrading a mod you can hover the cursor over the mod and actually see the stats, being able to see how the stats are if you spend a certain amount of endo & credits...

1 hour ago, BiTheWay said:

At this point, I honestly do not think DE even cares about what we say in this thread, because of the following:

I was one of the first individuals to come in this thread to complain about the horrible virtual cursor additions to the PC version. Then many more people followed suit saying much the same.

DE would have never deployed these changes to the console WEEKS after we made comments here if they had any intention of taking our criticism to heart.

So I think thread is simply linked to their proverbial /dev/null, and won't ever get responded to.

DE is determined to force these changes on everyone and we are going to have it this way, whether we like it or not.

Needless to say, I am never spending my hard earned money on platinum ever again. I mean, why should I, when the changes made are so vastly different from the time I initially purchased plat? It is almost a completely different game now. This is not what I've paid to support. These changes are not wanted.

I feel exactly the same. I regret that I purchased the digital tennocon pack 😞 I don't even need those Baro items anymore because can't play this terrible game anymore. A couple hours was enough. Clan chat went empty under 1 hour. Everyone is SO pissed right now. What an earth went through their heads when they thought this was a great idea to implement?? 

I'm not a fan of it on PS4.  It was easier and faster to scroll through menus and chats without the cursor just by using the control pad and left and right shoulder buttons.  Now sometimes that will still work, but more times then not I have to put the cursor on the menu to scroll through menus and even more so I have to select things with the cursor rather than being able to use the shoulder and trigger buttons which is even slower than the scrolling especially when trying to message someone from the chat list.

This is just awful, the amount of S#&$ this is causing is horrid and whats more is the awful speed at which dpad works. Its slower tham before which makes it unbearable and also no, i havent really tested it outside of arsenal but if i dont like it there im sure as hell not going to like it going forward in any other part of the game that IS NOT NAVIGATION. Please keep your cursor S#&$ there and out of anything else making songs and even foundry items is going to become problematic. This was overall a DEtarded choice that worsened the games quality of life. Please fire whoever came up with the idea

Bonus bug:

If you open the Advanced map on the Plains of Eidolon, you get two cursors on screen at once in different positions. The map's own built-in cursor, and the overall new cursor. They move simultaneously and cause confusion trying to place waypoints.

new cursor feature  it's terrible update for PS4 users .

So , why Should I keep playing Warframe ?

everything is gone ( shortcut keys )  .

have to wait until my great cursor reach the objective in  Arsenal 

consuming more time to do something ????

please understand (WE DON'T WANNA BE LIKE PC) 

at least give us an option to turn this new cursor feature on and off .

At the end of the day i just want to equip or change whatever get to the actual game. This cursor system slows that down. I like the quick buttons from the last system. If you are going to contiue with the cursor idea please do not force it opon us and make it an option in the settings...

Just in case i was not clear enough I HATE THE CURSOR i was mad enough to figure out how to type on here to express this 

Edited by (PS4)Bot_1978542

I don't like it. The only reason I can see this as remotely necessary is if you were trying to finally go crossplay with pc and you wanted both versions to have full keyboard and mouse support. Even then make it a UI style toggle.

I've tried it. And while yea I could get used to it, it makes fashion frame a pain and filled with extra inputs I don't want or need when it was so streamlined to start. And considering that's were you guys make your money, might I suggest not making it a hassle to enjoy? I don't even want to buy the new syandana's now because I know trying them out will frustrate me into hating them even if I'd like them on first glance.

Hello! As a Ps4 player, I hate the new UI, and very much prefer the old one. The forced cursor and removal of quick-buttons is a huge mistake. It measurably makes navigating the menus (or doing anything, really) take longer time, as many have mentioned. While uniformity in ui can be a good thing in some cases, it is not in the context of your game. Forcing console players to experience a pc-like interface is terrible design.

The changes you've made are baffling, and lead me to question whether you get feedback from users about impactful decisions BEFORE you release them. One recommendation I have is to conduct regular user interviews. Having a user come in and interact with your builds can provide valuable insights. Maybe it would have let you foresee the backlash you've gotten so far from the changes.

Also, on a somewhat of a side note, the way the post was worded, makes me believe you care less about feedback from console players than you do for pc players. 

Is my feedback as a Ps4 player not valuable? This is pretty ridiculous to me.

Also, there's a bug in the ui; if you navigate with the d-pad to an item in the left column of a foundry menu, press right, and then left (quickly, before the sluggish curser moves fully to the other item,) the cursor will then zoom up to the top of the screen.

I can’t say anything that hasn’t already been said. I will say I hate the new UI. Please DE don’t ignore the console community on this one. Just give us a option to turn the Virtual Cursor off and revert to old UI we are use to. 

However, I will say I am sick and tired of PC dictating how I have to play games. 

Sincerley,

Edited by (PS4)inhoc1496

6 minutes ago, (PS4)inhoc1496 said:

I can’t say anything that hasn’t already been said. I will say I hate the new UI. Please DE don’t ignore the console community on this one. Just give us a option to turn the Virtual Cursor off and revert to old UI we are us to. 

However, I will say I am sick and tired of PC dictating how I have to play games. 

Sincerley,

Trust me pc did not want any of this hot stinky garbage either. And now the fact they are outright lying to us makes it even worse. Do they really want us to believe that any change in a digital system cannot be rolled back? That is the stupidest thing they have said yet. What they mean is they have pulled the trigger as a company and internally choose to have no intention of listening to us or fixing this. 

This dishonesty is finally over the line. I will immediately be uninstalling and never coming back under any circumstances.