Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rest In Peace John Bain, TotalBiscuit.

ChaoticEdge

in Memoriam TotalBiscuit ,

i'll remember him for so many reasons. His no-nonsense view of the industry, how he gave a voice to the new dogs. Some of them are still my favorite games.

I strongly feel we should honor the man. Rocking his top Hat icon on my frame arm would be a great way.

Can't say I've seen his content, but know of and respect his history on YouTube, it's a damn shame what he had go through in more recent times, but I suppose the one bit of solace is that he isn't hurting anymore.

Edited by Sean

John Bain (8 July 1984 – 24 May 2018) commonly known by his online aliases TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit, and TotalHalibut, was a British gaming commentator and critic on YouTube for almost a decade.

Bain was renowned for his candid, first impression critique of popular video games, where he voiced strong support for consumer protection in the gaming industry. As of 15 August 2017, Bain had over two million subscribers on his YouTube channel.

Bain announced that he had terminal cancer in October 2015, and while he continued to critique games through the next few years, formally retired in April 2018 due to his failing health as his cancer had become untreatable. Bain died on 24 May 2018.

Information from the following locations: