Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime sure footed not so bad after all

WaylanderG

Ok I've been thinking about this and all the comments comming from forum about the 900 day login reward and the dissapointment a lot of people are feeding back about this mod and after watching a YouTube post last night I've just had an epiphany.

The next big update is going to be Jupiter right? That's corpus! And as we are all aware they have a lot of bots that do that very annoying knockdown when they slam attack. Not to mention any new surprised they may have in store for us when we get there. I've just come to realize that this new primed mod is not as salty as it would first appear and may be the very thing that a lot of us will be greatful for out on the frozen plains of Venus when facing down a platoon of moas and bursas. Let's face it. It's easier to stay alive if your on your feet!

Edited by WaylanderG
typo

12 minutes ago, WaylanderG said:

I've just come to realize that this new primed mod is not as salty as it would first appear and may be the very thing that a lot of us will be greatful for out on the frozen plains of Jupiter when facing down a platoon of moas and bursas.

Have you tried the mod yourself?

Basically, I am not going to use it regardless. Just because "some people" find it useful in that scenario, does not mean everyone will. To anyone that has no use for it, it is just another trash mod. Yes, DE may have had a reason for adding it, but that does not mean people will consider it a good decision. For me, I would much prefer faster recovery than having the silly blocking animation. 

Edited by krc473

vor 15 Minuten schrieb WaylanderG:

The next big update is going to be Jupiter right?

Next big one is Venus. Plains of Venus or PoV. 😄 

Primed Sure Footed is a salty mod. Handspring is better, much better, because not hanging in blockanimations.

It's not so much the mod is 'bad' it's the cost and polarity of the mod versus say handspring which when I've used it is literally an instant bounce back to my feet. 

Also the frame I'd likely use it on (inaros) can have innate knock down prevention anyway

yeah I see what you are saying I found myself using prime sure footed more than handspring just because I jump a lot and with prime sure footed doesn't stop my forward motion as much as handspring does when I'm in the air but I still hate that this mod is lock behind a 900days login it should have been a mod that Baro Ki’Teer brings

Yeah, I can see the use of it, but... for all that it's worth... this mod is a only a side-grade to Handspring, which shortens the recovery animation after knock-down to the same length of time as that block, costs less mod points and takes the same mod slot.

The only difference between the two beyond that is that a Primed Sure Footed prevents you being physically interrupted from one-handed animations, like reloads, prevents displacement towards an enemy by grapple hook, but does not prevent you being displaced or pushed back, while Handspring does interrupt animations and does allow you to be displaced in both directions (pushed away and dragged towards). That's a lot of extra mod points and Endo to prevent one specific downside and one specific direction of displacement.

So... when it comes down to it, for my personal use? I will continue to use functions that prevent me from getting in that position! ^^ Rather than have to block an enemy, or prevent their knock-down, I will continue to use all the CC and damage at my disposal to minimise ever getting hit in the first place.

Edited by Thaylien

Hand spring: get up faster from a knock down to shoot what knocked you down

PSF: block the knockdown still able to continue any reload or shooting

one drains less one drains more 

personal preference really once more people get it mores testing will occur

11 hours ago, WaylanderG said:

Ok I've been thinking about this and all the comments comming from forum about the 900 day login reward and the dissapointment a lot of people are feeding back about this mod and after watching a YouTube post last night I've just had an epiphany.

The next big update is going to be Jupiter right? That's corpus! And as we are all aware they have a lot of bots that do that very annoying knockdown when they slam attack. Not to mention any new surprised they may have in store for us when we get there. I've just come to realize that this new primed mod is not as salty as it would first appear and may be the very thing that a lot of us will be greatful for out on the frozen plains of Venus when facing down a platoon of moas and bursas. Let's face it. It's easier to stay alive if your on your feet!

1. The update is going to be on venus

2. handspring makes you recover faster from being knocked down while surefooted stun locks you in an annoying long animation, it was possible to get 96% knockdown resistance before and the near-unaminous decision is that handspring is more useful because the block/stagger animation is so god awful.

14 hours ago, krc473 said:

Have you tried the mod yourself?

Basically, I am not going to use it regardless. Just because "some people" find it useful in that scenario, does not mean everyone will. To anyone that has no use for it, it is just another trash mod. Yes, DE may have had a reason for adding it, but that does not mean people will consider it a good decision. For me, I would much prefer faster recovery than having the silly blocking animation. 

Faster recovery still puts you in an animation... so what’s the difference between the faster recovery’s animation and prime sure footed’s animation? 

1 minute ago, (PS4)damagerate1 said:

Faster recovery still puts you in an animation... so what’s the difference between the faster recovery’s animation and prime sure footed’s animation? 

It may be personal preference. I have always preferred the handspring animation. In all honesty, I see no real point in either, but that is not the point.

2 hours ago, (PS4)damagerate1 said:

Yea handspring’s animation does look better

Agreed, the animation of Handspring just looks so cool, who doesn't like to be a great martial artist flipping back up in a nano second?

It is not that the Primed Sure Footed is bad, it is just that this 900-day reward is lackluster compared to other primed mods rewarded earlier, so people just can't help to be disappointed.

Edited by modalmojo