Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember, half the range, why is nobody saying anything?

Why do people get so hung up on meta opinions?   I still use Ember from time to time in high level content, including Sorties.  She's fine.  DIFFERENT, yes, but fine.  Her Firequake is still fun CC, which gives me all the openings I need to melee and maim the crap outta enemies.

Are there more ideal options?  Sure, probably.  Is she still a viable frame, though?  Absolutely.  So I don't care.  

28 minutes ago, ProfessorLitmus said:

ah yes DE's patented " I'll just ignore it until it goes away" tactic 

The hell is that supposed to mean??   DE has been working their butts off week after week trying to rebalance, fix, and create...and y'all think it's cute to just kick 'em while theyre down?  Friggin' bullies, man...

33 minutes ago, ProfessorLitmus said:

ah yes DE's patented " I'll just ignore it until it goes away" tactic 

More like "I'm hearing what you are saying, but I stand by my decision in the end" tatic AKA "I'm the one who makes the final decision".

17 hours ago, Oreades said:

Nah I'll keep focusing on WoF tho not for it's original intended purpose which for me was Firequake stunning mid to high level things .... because I literally can't fit firequake in my build anymore..... I'll focus it on clearing low level content when I'm feeling lazy. Which she does oh so well~

The only WoF build I feel comfortable with requires Energy Conversion, so I can keep duration and efficiency very high without the malus from Blind Rage. I cast Accelerant so I deal more damage and my cast speed increase, then I keep casting WoF without let it go over 50%. The range is still decent, this way. 

2 hours ago, wolfsongcry said:

The only WoF build I feel comfortable with requires Energy Conversion, so I can keep duration and efficiency very high without the malus from Blind Rage. I cast Accelerant so I deal more damage and my cast speed increase, then I keep casting WoF without let it go over 50%. The range is still decent, this way. 

I never really cared about power strength, I mostly used it for filling a room with Firequake. Tho I do think my old build did have Energy Conversion in it as well, which kinda makes me sad because I went from really trying to work Energy Conversion into my builds because it had what I felt was a fun/interesting mechanic to removing it from them. Either because something was changed and my new build just doesn't have the room for it (Ember) or because it is super inconvenient (Titania).

Now because I don't want to be forced to sit there and babysit WoF I had to add, it was either three more range mods or two range mods and more efficiency which ate her survivability, maybe her energy conversion(?) and any room for an Augment. I might have ended up switching out my Exilus for range as well, I don't remember but it might have been from Power so that's more of a horizontal shift. Tho that would have hurt all of her other skills but hey WoF needs all the range it can get now, Woooooo~ 

Yeah in theory I could have just done what they "intended" and pressed 4 a bajillion times but I don't feel that it adds anything meaningful to her game play outside of pressing 4 to press 4. All because they essentially wanted to cut the range of WoF in half and wanted to do it in a way that everyone wouldn't shriek "NERF" in unison. Tho either way Firequake was essentially dead because it either becomes super inconvenient/inconsistent CC because of the constantly shrinking range to the point that it is only effecting enemies within Melee range (sure most of them use ranged weapons but who cares about that ryt?) or there is literally no room for it. 

It's kind of ironic in a way because I essentially went from using an Ember build that was more varied and interesting to effectively being shoehorned into the Ember build that from all outward appearances they where trying to get rid of. 

I apologize if I missed the point or got a bit rambly (ramblie? whatever it's a word now) but I just woke up and have yet to partake in either breakfast or coffee 😛 

Edited by Oreades

WoF is a melee buff for all intents and purposes. If you're not getting in close, you're not using it right. Fireblast is now a projectile buff with area denial with augment. Fireball is DoT with a chance for fire proc cc, and Accelerant buffs all her damage with a short stun.

She's all around a very flexible powerset now. All she needs is a damage resistance mechanic (which fire procs are I'm guessing on paper are supposedly able to route enemy attacks but don't) and a better passive and she'll be perfect.

14 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

The 5 stages of grief have long passed on these forums. Everyone just accepts that she's dead now,

Meanwhile some of us tweaked her builds to be somewhat close to what it used to be seeing nearly no change and continue to use her fast mission farming everyday, but she's indeed dead :^))))

On 2018-06-07 at 4:08 PM, Prof.549 said:

Your face when you cleaning all the startchart with Ember(and sometimes even Sortie1) while reading such comments

9b7b1407bb7aef3e17191da9d7094b0f.png

nobody is talking about the trash starchart where everything can clear it like what.... im talking about end game MOT, sanctuary onslaught ect

7 minutes ago, slykidd said:

nobody is talking about the trash starchart where everything can clear it like what.... im talking about end game MOT, sanctuary onslaught ect

Not every frame is DPS. Not every frame can do ESO or Mot.

Ember can't. Old or new version.

It was never a "high-lvl-killer".

New version can do better tho. But still not enough for 50+.

On 2018-06-07 at 11:18 PM, AzureTerra said:

Because while you were under your rock the change happened and people made noise about it then but by now have managed to adapt to it or stopped playing Her

All i did was remove a power mod and added a range mode. No big deal

On 2018-06-08 at 12:09 AM, SoulEaterReaper said:

If you didn't know about the patch notes you would probably say the range is lower meanwhile i was right on it being half.

tells you im smarter than you think.

rugged-man-digging-deep-hole-with-shovel

27 minutes ago, boysenbeary said:

...but your 4 is even more useless than it already was at higher levels

How so? That you have to get closer to enemies? You can do it, without being killed. If you know how.

Plus, you dealing more dmg now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯