[DE]Rebecca

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

I see alot of people complaining about the Limbo change.... well thats because the change to be able to use not only melee weapon during Statis is not a QoL change but a HUGE ACTUAL BUFF... why do people even think of it as a QoL change? I can finally use Limbo for endless survival runs.... finally he is not a one trick phony that is only used for defense/interception missions. Furthermore, how does pressing statis every 40 sec even affect your gameplay in anyway I would understand if they are reducing a duration which is already small to begin with like reducing duration from 5 sec to 2.5 sec but from pressing a button every 40 sec instead of 80sec.... how can people even get that lazy.

39 minutes ago, stempede22 said:

I see alot of people complaining about the Limbo change.... well thats because the change to be able to use not only melee weapon during Statis is not a QoL change but a HUGE ACTUAL BUFF... why do people even think of it as a QoL change? I can finally use Limbo for endless survival runs.... finally he is not a one trick phony that is only used for defense/interception missions. Furthermore, how does pressing statis every 40 sec even affect your gameplay in anyway I would understand if they are reducing a duration which is already small to begin with like reducing duration from 5 sec to 2.5 sec but from pressing a button every 40 sec instead of 80sec.... how can people even get that lazy.

I agree. Plus pre-change people could troll limbo and end his stasis early by exceeding the limit. Now they wont be able to. Im still on console and waiting for the change... Its a long wait.

I don't see why people complain about the titania change or suggest added weapons. i see neither buff nor nerf, but a change in the way you mod her.

I still have punch trough, multishot and fire rate on my dex pixia with a boost in crit and status. you dont need 100% everywhere. 

with the correct firerate, 30% status and crit is the minimum required to do decent damage.

even the melee got better then before , solely because of the fact I can mod the blade according to what it needs, damage , attack speed and range !

although i do agree that her other abilities go a bit in the mist if you wanna make sure you're a DPS frame and not support, Razorwing Blitz marries all abilities happily together, if you mod her correctly on efficiency. 

The only thing that keeps bothering me, is the fact that she hurdles into the ground and comes to a complete stop when you want to pick up energy of from the ground. so a minimum vacuum range would be fun, or a fix to her inertia from her hitbox clipping on walls, floors and ceilings

• Upvote 2

Still don't see a reason for the duration nerf on limbo... it makes no difference to it's ability to lock down a map other than the need to press it more often.  Other than that it's a great change.

Titania, having spent some time levelling her I feel she would benefit with some built in punch through on her dex pixia, doesn't need to be much but I've watched bullets get soaked up by a 'falling' enemy after it's been shot because it takes so long to collapse.  Yes I know she can use the punch through mod from pistols but it's an item that requires a lot of capacity compared with say shred which we could use before.

Biggest issue with titania though has been there since release, her clipping mask is huge when in pixie mode so you keep getting caught on stuff even though you're still visually a long way away... oh and I wouldn't mind some sort of vacuum feature too.

Edited by LSG501
corrected grammar.
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)The_WolvGambit said:

I've done that. It's still bad. 

Opinion obviously. With black energy or dark brown or dark blue... Its pretty good imo.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

I do have a question regarding modding exalted weapons. Currently we cannot use the same mods on sentiel weapons as our own. Will we run into the same conflict with modding exalted weapons?

everyone have their main frame as I main limbo and I love limbo because I like the play style of limbo.Why I should sacrifice my play style to solve the problem that don’t really effect other players?Oh,since limbo 2 is on,I can’t kill any enemies? What about your melee weapon? What about your warframe power? If you didn’t bring your melee I think you have your warframe. Is it too hard for you to stop using your guns for a while use your melee and warframe power? Or you are just too lazy to learn how to duel with limbo?

Edited by (PS4)gordonlau1324

On 2018-06-11 at 8:26 PM, ZyloWolfzan said:

Cutting Limbo's duration IN HALF is an ENORMOUS nerf that is entirely unnecessary. Being 'forced' to use Melee was never a downside because melee has been the STRONGEST WEAPON TYPE FOR YEARS NOW. This nerf is completely pointless. "Allowing" us to use guns isn't a valid excuse to cut this ability's duration IN HALF.

Agree! 

The main issue people seemed to have with Limbo was the inability to use primary and secondary weapons during stasis, that's already solved. 

Cutting stasis duration has no bearing on that weapon choice aspect.  All it does is make Stasis/Cataclysm more cumbersome for Limbo to use as you would now need to cast Stasis twice for each Cataclysm.  Granted mods affect this but my current build sits at around 60 seconds for both so that's a stasis recast every 30 seconds. Fine if they had decreased the energy cost of Stasis or slightly increased the energy gain while in the rift but as far as I know this is not the case.

I'm on console so this hasn't rolled out yet, but to be honest I prefer using melee weapons in the rift anyway and will probably continue to do so after the changes roll out for us, so I'll test when we get the next update.

• Upvote 1

On 2018-06-20 at 7:43 PM, Dadaluma said:

Decreasing limbo's base cataclysm range would be a better nerf to discourage the 4 + 2 spamming. Otherwise limbo can still have a good 30 seconds of a map covering time stop

I get what you guys are saying but remember the point of using 4+2 together is that they're supposed to synergise.  The Stasis duration cut also affects synergy with Rift Surge so it's not just about cataclysm, just saying.

• Upvote 1

On 2018-06-26 at 2:29 PM, (PS4)Kamranos said:

I do have a question regarding modding exalted weapons. Currently we cannot use the same mods on sentiel weapons as our own. Will we run into the same conflict with modding exalted weapons? 

No, melee/secondary/primary mods don't conflict on exalted weapons in the same way that companion mods don't conflict with khora's kavat. 

Sentinels still have the annoying conflict though and I'm pretty sure DE said they're not changing that

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PS4)big_eviljak:

The limbo change is only a nerf to trolls. Otherwise, its a huge buff. Ty DE!

An actively trolling limbo uses banish...implying people want to troll in the first instead of saving peoples butt or the objective,etc

stasis duration was fine as it was,the nerf only turns him into a forma sink to make him work as a defense frame and more tedius to use

Edited by Serenna187
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Serenna187 said:

An actively trolling limbo uses banish...implying people want to troll in the first instead of saving peoples butt or the objective,etc

stasis duration was fine as it was,the nerf only turns him into a forma sink to make him work as a defense frame and more tedius to use

Agreed, it also doesn't deal with the issue of the "cataclysm bomb", which isn't a troll so much as it's just hella irritating, especially given that that was nerfed ages ago but some people still seem to think it works. 

Was in a squad the other day on Io and was the only one who bothered staying for 5 waves while the Limbo was just popping 4 on and off.  During that time we had 7 people join and then leave almost immediately.  No one even bothered saying anything in chat.  Think people used to feel the same way about Banshee's quake augment although that actually still did some damage.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)CynNex said:

Agreed, it also doesn't deal with the issue of the "cataclysm bomb", which isn't a troll so much as it's just hella irritating, especially given that that was nerfed ages ago but some people still seem to think it works. 

Was in a squad the other day on Io and was the only one who bothered staying for 5 waves while the Limbo was just popping 4 on and off.  During that time we had 7 people join and then leave almost immediately.  No one even bothered saying anything in chat.  Think people used to feel the same way about Banshee's quake augment although that actually still did some damage.

Anyone can troll with any frame. Loki is still the king of trolls if he wantd to be. Switch teleport makes me wanna vomit after the 3rd time... Dont even use it in my loki tbh.

Ive played with more good limbo players than i have bad. 

Same with loki and the rest. The random infrequent troll is the result of playin publics. If you dont want to risk being trolled... Don't play public matches.

Honestly banshee Resonating Quacke was more a CC than a damage dealer after enemies scaled a bit... and by fixing her in place, left the stunned enemies at the tender mercies of her squadmates, reducing the damage boost from x4 to x2 would have been more than enough.

Limbo's stasys had had its duration nerfed due to the big quality of life change coming from the removal of allied and own ranged attacks being frozen, this means that now you don't have anymore to go and runt to the enemies to melee them to death as you can simply shot them from were you are, so the reduced duration shouldn't be much of a problem...

6 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Anyone can troll with any frame. Loki is still the king of trolls if he wantd to be. Switch teleport makes me wanna vomit after the 3rd time... Dont even use it in my loki tbh.

Ive played with more good limbo players than i have bad. 

Same with loki and the rest. The random infrequent troll is the result of playin publics. If you dont want to risk being trolled... Don't play public matches.

True. In a small clan the so normally play either solo or in squad of two.  Don't mind playing pub though and to be honest the good players far outweigh the trolls like maybe 1 in 20 randoms trolls if that.  Often it's lower MR guys so it's not trolling they're just learning and most of the time they happy if you help them learn.  That's on XB, havent played on PC in ages.  Hopefully PS guys are cool too

Edited by (XB1)CynNex
REALLY Cant spell
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, (XB1)activeSeven said:

Will stasis still have a bullet maximum before its broken?

Good point. Don't see why it should though, bullets won't freeze so if statis doesnt affect them no reason why should affect it

1 hour ago, (XB1)WolfGangKuro said:

welp, there goes the crowd control for limbo

What are you basing this on exactly? Limbo is far more useful now than he has ever been. Limbo players no longer have to pretend their abilities don't exist and can actually use both cataclysm and stasis without the whole team leaving or complaining