Jump to content
[DE]Rebecca

Titania's Exalted Weapons + Limbo: A Quick Workshop!

Recommended Posts

I guess the new limbo stasis feature is great...instead of overload the rift with preoyectiles and then interrupt the stasis timer when the rift cannot hold anymore bullets on air, you can freely stop and shoot all enemies at the same time gaining aditional energy on kill... i guess is a nice feature, although the duracion has been reduced. Nice work DE, thank you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-14 at 6:41 AM, DatDarkOne said:

The Dex Pixia never really needed Hunters to have massive slash procs.  When you consider the Prime mods available for secondaries, it actually can be considered a huge buff.  Buff of Diwata's stats is just something that was needed to at least put it on par.  

Power Strength should still effect the power of exalted.  It does regardless of the mods you have.  So the modding change shouldn't effect this at all.  

poor diwata

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-11 at 5:11 PM, Schn1tt3r said:

then you'd be giving up one mod slot and that would be a nerf.

So? It'd keep the idea that the ability change was made to facilitate. I don't care how nerfed it gets, I want to be able to stop time for my bullets, even if it's only mine that get stopped. All augments are a sacrificed mod slot, so this wouldn't be any different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I really want Titania's 1,2, and 3 to be more based around using her exalted OUTSIDE of her 4, They have cool models but dang if you'll ever really see them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why was titanias Dex Pixia's Critical chance nerfed by 5% base?

that's a 33% nerfed base critical chance, not a buff - why?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lydethlas said:

Why was titanias Dex Pixia's Critical chance nerfed by 5% base?

that's a 33% nerfed base critical chance, not a buff - why?

I was wondering the same thing since yesterday.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lydethlas said:

Why was titanias Dex Pixia's Critical chance nerfed by 5% base?

that's a 33% nerfed base critical chance, not a buff - why?

I just noticed the 10% base and checked the wiki to make sure. Still lists 15%, I'm not imagining things. Please let this be a bug. Surely DE wouldn't nerf Titania of all frames... right? Most certainly not in such a sneaky fashion after announcing how much this change would benefit her.... right?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I HAVE AN IDEA AS A LIMBO MAIN:

Instead of completely stopping everything in stasis, the enemies and bullets in stasis should be slowed down and should be affected by duration. Or bullets in stasis should be slowed down and not completely stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-06-11 at 11:11 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

To put Limbo's Stasis in a more cooperative position, it has been changed to only stop-time for Enemies. Limbo's gear and all Ally gear will continue to function. But, because complete time-halting for enemies within the Rift is akin to godly power, the duration of the ability has been shortened overall - from base 30 seconds to 15 seconds. This is of course affected by Mods.

This feels pretty great in testing, requiring more attention if you have Mods that negatively impact Duration, while also allowing free weapon use. We will be monitoring this change closely to see if further tweaks are needed. Expert Limbo players who can easily traverse Rifting will have no trouble with this Duration change.

 

So just going to re-iterate, I'm so glad I now have to cast stasis twice as often as I used to on a frame that still gets me auto-booted when trying to play with others.(Sarcasm) Honestly the stasis nerf was completely unnecessary. Can we instead get our duration back and have our bullets frozen... not our allies bullets but our own? Honestly it's was annoying enough to have to recast stasis every 60 seconds just to stay alive, now I have to do it every 30 seconds. Limbo is so squish his only way to kill enemies is to freeze them. If your not going to give him back the duration can we get some armor/hp buff on him then?

I'm not saying he's unplayable I just want to point out how niche he already was, Limbo was a defense/mobi-defense warframe assuming those missions WEREN'T against the corpus or the corrupted. His stasis and cataclysm having the duration they did made it viable to solo sortie missions with him, and they weren't a walk in the park, they were a grueling, annoying, must-have-one-eye-on-the-timer chore. Cataclysm can be almost indefinitely extended with the augment, and both stasis and cataclysm had the same base duration making it easy to keep track of both of them. So before this Limbo "update" I would login and check sorties, was it Grineer or infested with a mobi-def or regular def, cool no problem just grab my limbo running the builds for which ever it was and have a good time, now it's "Oh look a Grineer sortie with... oh never mind, I'm not going to put up with that head ache."

"Why is the duration change to stasis such a big deal?" People ask me, here's why: playing Limbo means getting to mobi-def target and popping out of the rift to quickly insert the data-mass and instantly pop back into the rift in order to avoid dying. Then cast Cataclysm, followed by immediately casting stasis so you can: stay alive, kill enemies and keep the mobi-def target from dying. Since cataclysms duration is extended by the augment you only need to watch the stasis timer, after about 62 seconds (on my old build) I had to shut cataclysm off, and instantly pop back into the void with Limbos dodge mechanic HOPING nothing actually hits me in the 1-2.5 seconds I'm out of the rift. Then I shut off stasis, re-activate stasis and cast cataclysm again. Rinse and repeat, now mobi-def isn't so bad; each mobi-def target only takes about 1.5-3 mins, however def is completely different. Needing to defend a target in one spot for however long it takes to kill however many waves? That was a lot of recasting even before this duration change, and as for sortie defense, ugh. Sortie defense was aggravating before this change, going as such: find defense target, banish him, slip into the rift, first wave spawns, one minute later cast stasis, pop out of rift, pray nothing hits you because if something so much as sneezes in your direction you're dead, banish defense target, re-enter rift. Previously it was every minute pop out of the rift to re-banish and re-cast stasis and pop back in, rinse and repeat. Now every 30 seconds, since enemies do get banished with the defense target, recast stasis, at sortie level Limbo is a one shot kill meaning any enemy in the rift when stasis ends will kill him, which is why he was "akin to a god" because otherwise he is dead.

Sorry I see no legit reason to have halved the duration of stasis, Limbo is squish as hell, that is draw back enough, you are either perfect with your timing or you are dead.

I'd like to point out, when you last unvaulted Ember prime you nerfed the hell out of her, and now you announce Limbo prime and nerf Limbo... I'm seeing a pattern I don't like.

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Uzkost said:

So just going to re-iterate, I'm so glad I now have to cast stasis twice as often as I used to on a frame that still gets me auto-booted when trying to play with others.(Sarcasm) Honestly the stasis nerf was completely unnecessary. Can we instead get our duration back and have our bullets frozen... not our allies bullets but our own? Honestly it's was annoying enough to have to recast stasis every 60 seconds just to stay alive, now I have to do it every 30 seconds. Limbo is so squish his only way to kill enemies is to freeze them. If your not going to give him back the duration can we get some armor/hp buff on him then?

I'm not saying he's unplayable I just want to point out how niche he already was, Limbo was a defense/mobi-defense warframe assuming those missions WEREN'T against the corpus or the corrupted. His stasis and cataclysm having the duration they did made it viable to solo sortie missions with him, and they weren't a walk in the park, they were a grueling, annoying, must-have-one-eye-on-the-timer chore. Cataclysm can be almost indefinitely extended with the augment, and both stasis and cataclysm had the same base duration making it easy to keep track of both of them. So before this Limbo "update" I would login and check sorties, was it Grineer or infested with a mobi-def or regular def, cool no problem just grab my limbo running the builds for which ever it was and have a good time, now it's "Oh look a Grineer sortie with... oh never mind, I'm not going to put up with that head ache."

"Why is the duration change to stasis such a big deal?" People ask me, here's why: playing Limbo means getting to mobi-def target and popping out of the rift to quickly insert the data-mass and instantly pop back into the rift in order to avoid dying. Then cast Cataclysm, followed by immediately casting stasis so you can: stay alive, kill enemies and keep the mobi-def target from dying. Since cataclysms duration is extended by the augment you only need to watch the stasis timer, after about 62 seconds (on my old build) I had to shut cataclysm off, and instantly pop back into the void with Limbos dodge mechanic HOPING nothing actually hits me in the 1-2.5 seconds I'm out of the rift. Then I shut off stasis, re-activate stasis and cast cataclysm again. Rinse and repeat, now mobi-def isn't so bad; each mobi-def target only takes about 1.5-3 mins, however def is completely different. Needing to defend a target in one spot for however long it takes to kill however many waves? That was a lot of recasting even before this duration change, and as for sortie defense, ugh. Sortie defense was aggravating before this change, going as such: find defense target, banish him, slip into the rift, first wave spawns, one minute later cast stasis, pop out of rift, pray nothing hits you because if something so much as sneezes in your direction you're dead, banish defense target, re-enter rift. Previously it was every minute pop out of the rift to re-banish and re-cast stasis and pop back in, rinse and repeat. Now every 30 seconds, since enemies do get banished with the defense target, recast stasis, at sortie level Limbo is a one shot kill meaning any enemy in the rift when stasis ends will kill him, which is why he was "akin to a god" because otherwise he is dead.

Sorry I see no legit reason to have halved the duration of stasis, Limbo is squish as hell, that is draw back enough, you are either perfect with your timing or you are dead.

I'd like to point out, when you last unvaulted Ember prime you nerfed the hell out of her, and now you announce Limbo prime and nerf Limbo... I'm seeing a pattern I don't like.

You aren’t the first person to suggest having stasis freeze only limbo’s projectiles. Literally every single page has a suggestion like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, Stasis just needs to be removed entirely. Absolute worst thing ever done to Limbo was adding Stasis...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But will the durations of all his other abilities remain the same? Halved Cataclysm time would suck. And will his third ability ever be changed? I feel like no one uses it. I consider myself a veteran, on top of Limbo being one of my three most played frames, and I still don't even know what that ability is supposed to do ._.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can we get some nidus link changes too , people use his link like a troll all the time in hydron since it denies damage from other players , maybe make it like nyx's 1st where the damage accumulates and is dealt at the end of the duration.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just 2 more cents about the dev workshop: @DE please never again put together 2 different important workshop in the same thread, Limbo's discussion completely overshadowed Titania's, also, why the Heck did you feel the need to lower dex pixia critical chance?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 11.6.2018 um 20:11 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Two small workshops in one! We'll start with Titania because she truly is the smallest of all.

Titania!

You may have heard separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons are coming. This is true - and all 'Exalted' weapons use the Mod classes you'd expect. But Titania's Dex Pixia is different. We had to make a choice - right now on live it uses Shotgun or Rifle Mods. This isn't compatible with the way Modding works once it is an exposed option, so we've pivoted in a direction that also Buffs Dex Pixia! Once separately-Moddable 'Exalted' weapons goes live, Dex Pixia will use SECONDARY mods! Since there are no dual-primaries in game, we felt it was best to use Secondary Mods to not only buff, but also be consistent! 

We have also buffed the base stats of Titania's Diwata - stay tuned for final numbers in the upcoming Notes.


 

After i mod them there was somthing that was bothering me so here i am Why this weapons are not archwing like the Dual Decurion thats sound similar afterall titania is basicly a archwing with the ulti in my understanding so why ignore the archwing mod i would have a good way to give us al least a bit content for it

Greetings Keiyadan

Edited by Keiyadan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Dex Pixia now will use secondary mods, but what does that mean for the auras? Does it still take Auras of principal weapons such as rifle amp, or is it now fully considered as a secondary weapon and is only affected by pistol amp?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Max6083 said:

So Dex Pixia now will use secondary mods, but what does that mean for the auras? Does it still take Auras of principal weapons such as rifle amp, or is it now fully considered as a secondary weapon and is only affected by pistol amp?

Now that's an interesting question.  Thank you for bringing this to light.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 15.6.2018 um 18:39 schrieb Aggh:

People aren't incapable of switching to melee.  They may just not want to.  Letting players dictate how other players play a game is terrible game design for a coop game.

But that one is not on DE, it's the players. So you could say DE is trying to do something about selfish Limbo players, dictating their game onto others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Max6083 said:

So Dex Pixia now will use secondary mods, but what does that mean for the auras? Does it still take Auras of principal weapons such as rifle amp, or is it now fully considered as a secondary weapon and is only affected by pistol amp?

If you manage to find out, let us know. I'm curious about arcanes as well, so your findings will likely apply to arcanes too.

I did a test using Arcane Rage (boosts primary damage on headshots if proc'd) yesterday, and didn't really notice an improvement, although that was rather hard to verify with all the slash procs I kept doing. I wanted to buy Arcane Velocity to check if fire rate is increased if proc'd, but, well... let's just say I never got them. Yeah.

I wanted to do more testing today, but Update Failed. VPN method doesn't work either, so... yeah. SOL.

Edit: I'm going to need to have a chat with my ISP as to why the hell my internet keeps connecting to a completely different ISP and screwing up my connection as a result.

I managed to pick up Pistol Amp for testing purposes. First, the conditions~

1. Lv50 Corrupted Heavy Gunners. The lower the level, the more apparent the damage differences are

2. No mods that boosts Dex Pixia's damage output in any way. The smaller the numbers, the easier the calculations and testing

3. All aura mods are maxed

Results?

Headshots:

57 damage, 229 crit using Pistol Amp

45 damage, 181 crit using Rifle Amp

45 damage, 181 crit using Loot Detector (why Loot Detector? Rifle Amp check)

No Headshots:

23 damage, 45 crit using Loot Detector

23 damage, 45 crit using Rifle Amp

29 damage, 57 crit using Pistol Amp

Yeah. Unless I made a mistake in carrying out this little test, it does appear that Pistol Amp now affects Dex Pixia instead of Rifle Amp. The numbers do make sense, too. 45 * 1.27 = 57.15, 23 * 1.27 = 29.21

Good thing you asked, actually, because the wikia is going to need to be updated in the near future. I imagine arcanes should work the same way, which makes sense. Now to get a Shotgun Amp to test that, but if Rifle Amp didn't boost damage, I can't really see why Shotgun Amp would.

Edit 2: Forgot Dead Eye exists. Results are the same as Rifle Amp and Loot Detector, meaning Dex Pixia still does not benefit from Dead Eye. Yeah, pretty convinced Shotgun Amp won't boost Dex Pixia's damage if the other two primary auras won't. Still getting one though~

Edit 3: Since I came this far, I may as well go ahead and answer my own question. Rifle Amp with Arcane Rage. Proc primary damage and see the damage output. Result? Damage output same as Rifle Amp, headshot or no. With Pistol Amp and proc'd Arcane Rage? Damage output same as Pistol Amp, headshot or no. So... yeah. WTB> Arcane Velocity and Arcane Precision pmo (don't actually do that)

Also, in case anyone is wondering, Arcane Awakening does not work with Dex Pixia, unless you can figure out how to reload Dex Pixia. I tried it. I was a sad Trinity that day.

Edited by Fazel412
Ask Max6083 why
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RedEyesZay said:

But will the durations of all his other abilities remain the same? Halved Cataclysm time would suck. And will his third ability ever be changed? I feel like no one uses it. I consider myself a veteran, on top of Limbo being one of my three most played frames, and I still don't even know what that ability is supposed to do ._.

See "Warframe - Riftbound: A Limbo Guide" on Youtube for some Rift Surge uses. Also allows you to safely recast other abilities if you have enough range. (You can solo defense missions at high levels by using Rift Surge to recast other abilities without letting the defense pod getting hurt in between stasis/cataclysm casts with range + duration builds).

Also, once projectiles are allowed it'll be quite nice to safely use a Rift Torrent Arca Plasmor or Zenistar. Try it sometime. Rift Torrent damage isn't just buffed by number of enemies either. Anything that increases your power strength will also give it more damage. On top of all this, if just 1 new enemy walks into your rift you can recast rift surge to stack the Rift Torrent damage of ALL the enemies in your rift AGAIN. O.o   o.O

Imagine a nidu's link, rhino roar, octavia buffed rift torrent Limbo on top of his already powerful CC especially with the new change to stasis         oooo.OOOOOOOO 

It'd be like the Captain Planet of Warframes xD combining power into one

Oh and any frame that speeds up enemies will cause them to run into his cataclysm faster allowing u to recast rift surge faster, indirectly buffing his damage yet again 😕 

 Stay woke
 

Edited by (XB1)AntiMomentum
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Serious_Lee said:

But that one is not on DE, it's the players. So you could say DE is trying to do something about selfish Limbo players, dictating their game onto others.

There will always be selfish players.  The only way DE can avoid having players dictate how other players in a mission play is by not giving the ability to do so.  It clashes way too much with the power fantasy that is the primary driver behind warframe's design philosophy.

Edited by Aggh
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...