Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Stasis Rework Inc

TzXtetriC

Thank the Orokin.  It's about damn time this intrusive garbage was fixed.  Never again will I be upset with a Limbo player.  Never again can a Limbo player troll a "gun only" sortie.  

I'm glad DE had some common sense and didn't listen to all the people who blatantly faught this change just because they wanted to control other people's kits - and yeah, I've met alot of these d-bags on the forums.  I've been suggesting this for literal years. 

One of the best changes in a LONG time.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

1 minute ago, TzXtetriC said:

Yeah, stasis is supposed to stop everything in place but we get what we get thanks to the QQ clan.

Don't blame the frame... Blame the $&*&*#(%& behind it.

Still freezes enemies just fine it just doesn't freeze friendly projectiles anymore. By all means feel free to try to convince me that this is somehow a negative change. Outside of maybe not being able to totally cheese headshot riven challenges anymore. 

Psst, try and not make enemy projectiles/bullets react oddly in the rift too!

Also, will sentries and roller's interaction with the rift be fixed? I'm very sure that it's a bug due to how they can be banished and receive damage and remain in the rift with rift surge BUT still interact poorly with his cataclysm, not staying in the rift and freely moving after taking a tick of damage.

So... what else could break when it arrives?

Edited by Inanegrain62

il y a 4 minutes, (XB1)PredakingXYT a dit :

SO it doesn't affect allies, aka, no more trolling, but why decrease base duration by 50% ? 

Simple, removing bullet freeze just makes the skill a lot more powerful, and it was really powerful to begin with, so they reduced the duration to balance it out a bit. But not like that matters any way since limbo gains energy passively in the rift and for every enemy he kills in the rift, so spamming stasis is really easy

49 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Still freezes enemies just fine it just doesn't freeze friendly projectiles anymore. By all means feel free to try to convince me that this is somehow a negative change. Outside of maybe not being able to totally cheese headshot riven challenges anymore. 

Because aside from the Riven challenge they are also reducing the duration of it by 1/2. Huge nerf to a great skill for the sake of some people who QQ about it.

Just now, Dumcomester said:

Because aside from the Riven challenge they are also reducing the duration of it by 1/2. Huge nerf to a great skill for the sake of some people who QQ about it.

While I'm not admittedly not a fan of needing to press any more buttons than I absolutely have to .... It's not exactly a game breaking change. Even nerfing the Stasis time by 50%, it's still a ~40 second cast because it's being rolled back from ~80 seconds with a full duration build that pretty much every Limbo runs.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

While I'm not admittedly not a fan of needing to press any more buttons than I absolutely have to .... It's not exactly a game breaking change. Even nerfing the Stasis time by 50%, it's still a ~40 second cast because it's being rolled back from ~80 seconds with a full duration build that pretty much every Limbo runs.

Range>Duration for the way I play it but now this will force me to reduce range to keep most of the duration I already had. A nerf is a nerf. What do I get in return I can use all the guns I never wanted to in the first place while stasis is active.

Grats to those who think it's better. Just a nerf for the way I play it.

3 minutes ago, Dumcomester said:

Range>Duration for the way I play it but now this will force me to reduce range to keep most of the duration I already had. A nerf is a nerf. What do I get in return I can use all the guns I never wanted to in the first place while stasis is active.

Grats to those who think it's better. Just a nerf for the way I play it.

What you get out of it? Aaaaand what about what everyone else gets out of it, hmmmmm? The ability to use the guns they wanted to use in the first place.....

16 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

[...] as I personally love how bullets freeze and how I enjoy placing them in strategic spots, so would it be possible considering keeping that mechanic as an Augment Mod, but only affects YOUR guns, and no one else's.

Again, it was one of my favourite things about stasis (in a mechanical and thematical sense), so it would be cool to still have the option for just yourself if one would so choose. I'm still super happy about the upcoming changes regardless, but it would be nice to have that choice via Augment mod.

I pretty much said this in the main Workshop post, because honestly, even though I honestly didn't really use Stasis all that often I run a negative duration build lol, I still thought it was a really cool idea, so I'd love to see the whole "freeze bullets" mechanic stay in some form or another~

3 hours ago, Dumcomester said:

Yes because people wanting Limbo to not affect their weapon usage is QQing.  GTFO out of here. 
If you really need somebody to sit down and explain why 1 player shouldn't control what 3 others do, then there's no helping you.

The only one QQing here is you QQing over the fact they fixed something blatantly intrusive and broken. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

2 hours ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

my only question is why did it take this long for DE to make stasis not affect allies, even without nerfing the duration that should have been something that was done from the beginning.

Because they saw people (by people I mean Limbo users) liked za warudo's projectile freezing, which Scott himself liked, so he left it in hoping squads would cooperate with this feature in mind. Deliberate cooperation exists in premade squads, but you're hard-pressed to find it in pubs where silent consent is the norm.

Since Stasis can also freeze AI for up to 90 seconds, guess which side of the ability players will flock toward for the metagame.