Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'The Sacrifice' End Game Content (Spoilers)

3 hours ago, Midrib said:

Angry? No. Incredibly disappointed? Yea. 

The quest itself was enjoyable to an extent, definitely not 3 years worth of enjoyment but i went in with a fresh view and for the few months they have been working on it, it definitely did well.

The main issue i had was the build up to the "Ballas fight scene" that was composed of 4-5 Sentients and the main antagonist getting defeated in a cutscene that took what seemed like 15 seconds to reach, it was incredibly disappointing. for that amount of buildup to get that anticlimactic ending. it seemed like the mechanic of the fight was too complicated and they just scrapped it for this.

And simply put, While i did find some parts of the quest to be nice, the amount of investment that they seemed to put in this type of content seems like a waste imo.

I very much enjoyed the "Weekly updates that are filled with Weapons and other content like Tactical alerts and events with a decently sized update every 3-5 months" design process much better than what we are currently having. it kept me logging in every week, but today we got 1 hour worth of content and then we are back to nothing.

the content drought continues till Venus is added which is essentially just the PoE grind 2x, because without the added grind people will go through the content in a day. which is fine but is it really worth it to have a years worth of work put into something that essentially boils down to a day of gameplay that you have to sacrifice player experience just to make it seem longer?

That wasnt the end of ballas?

I dunno if it's me, but I seem to be a lot more forgiving when it comes to the understanding of content development.  I also see content, as content.  There are a great deal of things, with substance that have come out since plains, and will undoubtedly be more.

Edited by brokensaintvxvx

8 hours ago, Mesaeux said:

I have an answer to this. The white part of the dial is called Day, the dark part is called Night. Enter Equinox. Day symbolizes the sun's punishing and cleansing rays, its wrath. Night symbolizes rest and restoration, or something along those lines. It's more passive. The dial isn't a good-o-meter. It reflects the philosophy adopted by your Tenno: a punishing, wrathful stance; a passive stance; or a balanced stance. 

Fantastic response, I didn't really know how to put it into words but you've done so wonderfully.

Shrug, I enjoyed this quest. Moreso than a few of the others actually. Looking forward to potential other Umbra's.

My only issue was that I felt like I wanted more... I really loved Umbra's protective side during the end. It was immense.

Also.. Just gonna say it, no excal prime/umbra combo's? C'mon DE.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Gorylas:

its not about the reward.. its about it added nothing to the game we can do now.. SD added focus and TWW added rivens and full operator mode.. this adds nothing but 1 frame and 1 nikana

Thats what I keep saying. Ppl are kinda blinded by Umbra and fail to see that this update added nothing of value...

There are many issues with this quest...

Introduced another mod to brake the balance with frames that rekt S#&$ with Power Strength. But I guess since the last Devstream Scott openly talked about power fantasy, then I guess that balance... well, that ship has sailed. The way some things were added with a shear of indiference, and aren't truly present on the quest outside of being mentioned (like the Helminth)... I could go on, there is quite alot of stuff I feel was overlooked.

But against all odds, none of that made me realy upset. Not at all.  Neither was I one of the people who were waiting for a character that was created on a spinoff chinese version of the game and was already over three years outdated. As for the content, I figured the whole of it would just fill in, like every other did before, like Onko...

But waiting half a year for a "Sorry Mario but our princess is in another Castle"... Waiting half a Year to see the end of this Quest, and see it undo to the Lotus every-that-special-little-thing that Second Dream did...

Edited by Duduminador

I know many of us are disappointed with the new cinematic quest. I bet most of us is hoping that The Sacrifice might be better than the second dream. The quest do give us a glimpse into future content like the tau system, umbra warframe and devil of the void(AKA man in the wall). But unfortunately, it did not add any content like the previous two cinematic quest.

The Second Dream - introduction of the operator, focus school, lua tileset, focus lens

The War Within - operator transference, kuva fortress, riven mod, moral system

Now, we have experience The Sacrifice, a new cinematic quest might take a year or more to arrive and we as the player are desperate for something new to grind and farm. Therefore, it is understandable why many of us are disappointed with the new quest. But, do not lose faith as the Venus open world is coming around the corner in order to compesate for the content drought. My only wish is that DE should more transparent to warn the player about the quest instead of building our expectation. By no means that the quest is bad, but the expectation is high when DE announce about Ballas Sword as a quest reward. Imagine the surprise when basic expectation is no longer meet when the quest reward that only give us items that only involve excalibur umbra.

DE please I truly want to love and enjoy the Sacrifice quest that you guys work so hard to make. I just hope the Devstream will help filled us in about the absent of content from the cinematic quest. All in all, i do find The Sacrifice interesting but not ground breaking amazing.

Justo ahora, Shiichibukai dijo:

Thats what I keep saying. Ppl are kinda blinded by Umbra and fail to see that this update added nothing of value...

I plenty understand your point of view, believe me, but i disagree. The story has turned 180 degrees, Lotus may not be anymore Space Mom, we have been betrayed, and that is gonna lead to consequences. There are no riven mods, there is not a new system for the operator, ok... but there is a future which have been presented. And you ve got something, a set of Umbra mods, as a clue. ¿Nothing? Thats not true at all... And im not blinded for the Umbra, to me thats secondary, and the quest the very jewel of the update.

15 hours ago, Skyeborne said:

If you feel let down, you let the hype get to you instead of thinking about it rationally. 

15 hours ago, trst said:

It's a story quest, it's exactly what we all expected and it's exactly what we got.

I think this update was the lesser of the main story quests, and the let down is rational. It's not because of the quest, it's because there's nothing after the quest. There are no new systems or planets to explore like TSD or TWW. The quest is about what I expected, but the update was not anything close to what I expected. 

Well, what happened to Space Mom is exactly what Hunhow promised... he said he would bring her back and it appears he used the tools he had at his disposal to get them.  I might be one of the few people who didn't bond with Lotus that much, I liked her and what she turned out to be, but I wouldn't be beaten up about taking extreme action against her if I have to be (which might be a requirement now she's essentially Vay Hek v2.0... Just prettier).

I wanted more meat around the middle of the quest though, I was WAY more fascinated by the Dax and the touches of lore that were brought in.  The deepening of the universal lore overall and what ultimately ended up happening, I knew the Orokin were messed up but apparently they're at a whole other level. Lotus can wait, I don't mind waiting at all to chase her down and find out where we're off  to on that score.  Overall I'm actually really satisfied by how it played out, I was just left hungering for more.

Extra bonus points? I used to find my Operator incredibly annoying, now it seems they really DID grow up and that development showed a bit more, she was firmer and came across as having suitably more conviction.  Now I'm looking forward to where they want to take the operator next. n_n

Was it short... Not really, it was about the same length as the other ones but I probably made it harder than it needed to be as I am the world's worst and playing my operator and any mechanic that demands I use only my operator tends to end in disaster lol.  Personally though, I actually really loved this quest, cliffhanger included... Although the motives of the Sentients are feeling very Reaper-esque at the moment to say the least based on Ballas's musings. o_o

vor 37 Minuten schrieb XzWasPzX:

I plenty understand your point of view, believe me, but i disagree. The story has turned 180 degrees, Lotus may not be anymore Space Mom, we have been betrayed, and that is gonna lead to consequences. There are no riven mods, there is not a new system for the operator, ok... but there is a future which have been presented. And you ve got something, a set of Umbra mods, as a clue. ¿Nothing? Thats not true at all... And im not blinded for the Umbra, to me thats secondary, and the quest the very jewel of the update.

I am talking gameplay content, not lore. Not the same thing. 

16 hours ago, Excalibur--prime said:

Hi, I think i just finished the sacrifice. Really enjoyed it but i think i'm missing something.

Had the fight with Ballas and company, and then space mum flew away into the sky back to tau.

Now im back on my orbiter and there are no new things to grind or quest markers?

I'm a little confused. Second Dream added the massive focus system, War within added all the rivens and kuva and all i can see that is different now are a few new mods?

Is there some new content or was the 6 month content drought for a 45 min quest and thats it?

Yep. Bit of a shame. I mean the quest was really, really good imo. And the umbra mods are cool and so is umbra himself. But besides that, not much else.

Luckely we got Limbo prime in a new days, and then in about 4 to 5 weeks we get tennocon. I'm hoping something releases with tennocon 

5 minutes ago, Arniox said:

Yep. Bit of a shame. I mean the quest was really, really good imo. And the umbra mods are cool and so is umbra himself. But besides that, not much else.

Luckely we got Limbo prime in a new days, and then in about 4 to 5 weeks we get tennocon. I'm hoping something releases with tennocon 

They'll surely be discussing Venus at TennoCon, that's gotta be their big thing with The Sacrifice/Umbra finally behind them. Doubt it'll release with TennoCon though.

The last time they pushed something out the door for TennoCon was Specters of the Rail, and that did not go well at all, hell, it was the reason TWW got delayed so much after.

Edited by Lanadra

8 hours ago, JDragonkin said:

And you're right in that there's been no immediate effect of your Operator having a more driven personality shown in the quest. Hopefully that comes soontm

Huh. So it seems that there is at least one interaction added. Your Operator mentions Isaah, and Ordis queries "Is that how you remember it, Operator". So there's at least some after-effects of the quest.

6 hours ago, Genitive said:

I liked the quest. Umbra is cool, too. Not sure I'm happy with the ending, though. Now that the Lotus is gone we could get a better replacement than artificial Lotus for missions.

Or maybe no replacement. Maybe we can just not have anyone giving us orders. 

13 hours ago, Culaio said:

Not true, what you are talking about is non-cinematic quest, cinematic quests are supposed to be meaningful, fundamental part of the game, devs literally said in the past that sacrifice was going to be on par with second dream and the war within content-wise, it wasnt.

you shouldnt take any new quest for what was/is supposedly promisec in the minds of others and instead take it for what it physically and actually is, and what it is, is a decent little quest with plenty of freebies thrown in for minimal effort, complaining about that is beyond childish, its not like all quests end there.

I think many of the community have been spoiled by DE. While the Second Dream and the War Within have both introduced new elements of gameplay to Warframe, DE never promised that The Sacrifice would. If it did, it would have been a pleasant surprise but DE is not obligated to add tons of content with every cinematic quest. What they promised were answers to longstanding questions and also new questions. And Umbra, which the community had been crazy for. And they delivered.

Expecting the last cinematic quest to have another content drop in the same vein as TSD and TWW is based on nothing else but precedent, which I think is unrealistic. I think it is unreasonable to expect The Sacrifice to repeat the content drop of TSD and TWW simply because the latter two have done that. What they have in common, however, is that they canonized the nature and origin of the warframes and advanced the story somewhat and set up elements for the next story arc. I believe that explaining the nature of the Tenno and the warframes had been the focus of the trilogy and this had been done very well. It was emotionally involving throughout and they really know how to wield plot twists by keeping many elements mysterious initially.

I think it is very immature of people to threaten to stop playing the game until the next big content update. It is 100% your choice to stop playing the game, but if purposefully decide to publicize your decision in an effort to somehow pressure DE into giving more content and always add a whole bunch of new content in cinematic quests, I think you need to grow up. I say this with all due respect. 

Edit: I get that there is a content drought in WF. They are working on it in their secretive manner (Venus open world; my own speculation: Tau system). But as an aside, would you prefer them not to drop the Sacrifice at all right now? 

Edited by Mesaeux

5 hours ago, DisasterIncarnate said:

you shouldnt take any new quest for what was/is supposedly promisec in the minds of others and instead take it for what it physically and actually is, and what it is, is a decent little quest with plenty of freebies thrown in for minimal effort, complaining about that is beyond childish, its not like all quests end there.

I cant agree with this because quest was being done for VERY long time, in devstream 74(which happen on may of 2016) they said they were activily working on whole umbra stuff, it was too long time for too little pay off, but thats not really the biggest problem, problem is that this update as a whole bringed very little playable  content and since few months ago frequency of new content(like weapons) being added to game droped(also there was no new event lately) significantly lately, I though it was because update 23, that it will bring at least few weapons to master(not just from quest but also from market/dojo to get) but it didnt, its bad that just after you finish quest you  immediately are left to wait for next content update.

This year is starting to feel like 2016, year that was very dry in content and made most of my warframe friends leave the game, out of boredom.

5 hours ago, Mesaeux said:

Expecting the last cinematic quest to have another content drop in the same vein as TSD and TWW is based on nothing else but precedent, which I think is unrealistic. I think it is unreasonable to expect The Sacrifice to repeat the content drop of TSD and TWW simply because the latter two have done that. What they have in common, however, is that they canonized the nature and origin of the warframes and advanced the story somewhat and set up elements for the next story arc. I believe that explaining the nature of the Tenno and the warframes had been the focus of the trilogy and this had been done very well. It was emotionally involving throughout and they really know how to wield plot twists by keeping many elements mysterious initially.

Problem is that DE hyped that sacrifice/umbra reveal is going to be on par with the Focus System reveal(they hyped it in devstream 74, in may 2016...), this is why people disappointed what we got with sacrifice is nowhere near focus/focus 2.0 from TSD/TWW

Edited by Culaio

On 2018-06-15 at 12:00 AM, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

What are warframes? I've spoiled myself on the sacrifice quest but didn't see anything about what general warframes are...enlighten me!

Humans infested with the Helminth strain of the technocyte virus and then augmented for control by the tenno via transference. 

This we already knew, more or less. The only new information presented (that I recall offhand) was the Orokin used their best and brightest to create the warframes--and 'use' is the right word, since the subjects didn't have much say in the matter (as seen in the Mirage Prime trailer). 

Umbra was a one off. Basically a singular, nasty form of revenge on a Dax that Ballas had to silence. Similar in a way to what happened to Ordan Karris. Ballas might have had further plans for it, since we have these new mods, tailored to fighting Sentients. He probably had plans for putting the Sentients down once they'd crushed the Empire with his help, but things didn't seem to go exactly to plan. 

2 hours ago, Culaio said:

Problem is that DE hyped that sacrifice/umbra reveal is going to be on par with the Focus System reveal(they hyped it in devstream 74, in may 2016...), this is why people disappointed what we got with sacrifice is nowhere near focus/focus 2.0 from TSD/TWW

So I took the liberty to listen to what they actually said in Devstream 74 regarding Umbra.

At 23:58:

Spoiler

Rebecca: So Umbra. So, if we told you spoilers about the Second Dream, as in, you're know what the Tenno are by the time you play this Second Dream quest.

Steve: Woah. Woah!

Rebecca: And if we told you that before we released it, it would have been really disappointing. 

Sheldon: Right. So, same thing. 

Rebecca: So, the same thing applies to the way Umbra will be revealed in the global build, so stay tuned. Please. Uh, please-

Geoff: We- we have plans. 

Rebecca: We do. And I don't think saying anything-

Steve: Well, hold on. I think we've probably said we have plans for a while. We have things that are being worked on and executed and it's happening. And-But it's not- 

Geoff: We're waiting for the appropriate time. 

Steve: It's not what you're going to expect and it's gonna be interesting and it may frustrate you more. A little bit. But, uhhhh, thank you for asking and you'll soon at least know stuff. 

at 25:24,

Spoiler

Steve: There's no ETA for Umbra, but uh, soon those questions will be answered more concretely. 

at 45:17, another mention of Umbra as Steve reads a question from Rebecca's list

Spoiler

Steve: ..."I find the Umbras very intriguing. I see a lot of potential in the lore-wise." So I think this would be one person that might not be pissed off. 

(Here the team says things in a jumble)

Steve: ...We're definitely using it as an opportunity to tell the story about...um, broadens(?) Warframe in general. The game in general. In the same way The Second Dream kinda broadened what the meaning of everything was. Uh, that's kinda where we're going with that. But, can't say much more about that. 

That's about the only places where Umbra was mentioned and, like some in the community have mentioned, the answers were all given in response to fan questions. Critically analyzing their actual words, they did not promise any new content like the Focus system introduction. All they said was that it would spoil the surprise if they spoiled it. Even if you said that there was really no surprise in the Sacrifice quest, it's more like there had been enough content hinting at the nature of warframes and enough fan speculation that it wasn't really surprising for most anymore. That, however, is besides the point. Their answers were more focused on lore than on any additional gameplay content. Steve was right, though. It did frustrate people. Some more than others. 

To say that they've been working on it as their main project would be presumptuous, I think. From content volume perspective, I think they had more people working on the Plains of Eidolon and conversely, they would have more people focusing on the Venus open world and whatever other additional gameplay content they have in store. 

Edited by Mesaeux