Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

'The Sacrifice' End Game Content (Spoilers)

39 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Yeah but it seems she's realligned with them, she even launched a blast at the Tenno right before taking off.  She was always a Sentient, but she defied that fact... it seems not that defiance is gone.  

Yet did she take Ballas because of love, or the memory of it, or to utilize? Does blast at the operator to simply make a get away? 

* Ballas’ last remarks are disquieting. Is “she” Lotus’ mother or Lotus herself, the hand of which he is the stone (tool).

* Was Margulis all sweetness and light, or did she dote on the tenno, yet experimented making warframes.

Lotus herself is a synthesis. And I think more so because of what Ballas called Orokin orthodoxy of “duality” with the statement that its been upended.

Duality is a way to permit the horrors of the Orokin. If a body is a shell, a means, and it can be swapped with Continuity. I am reminded here of a disturbing story of Descartes chopping up his wife’s dog saying something like “hey it acts like it experiences pain, but it doesn’t have a soul!l

Tenno break this model, because they integrate with the frame. The quest also suggests the kinds of things all warframes underwent transforming from dax to infested golem.

Ballas whines about being a tool, but he’s Orokin.

3 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

very quiet, yes, but not silent. there was at least one time forever ago where Steve said he wanted umbra to be more than just a reskin, Which is essentially what we got.

Thats my main disappointment with this update.

With his special polarities and new mods, he is more of an upgrade than a reskin. Same powers, but overall better because of the mods.

1 minute ago, rune_me said:

With his special polarities and new mods, he is more of an upgrade than a reskin. Same powers, but overall better because of the mods.

Yeah, my mistake. when I said reskin I meant it to be more along the lines of prime 2.0

If I can remember right steve even said he wants it to be more than just another/ diffrent prime.

..I really got to find that clip.

8 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

very quiet, yes, but not silent. there was at least one time forever ago where Steve said he wanted umbra to be more than just a reskin, Which is essentially what we got.

Thats my main disappointment with this update.

He's...alot more than a reskin. Are you looking at him as just another warframe, or as the insanely huge lore bomb that he (and The Sacrifice in general) is?

Umbra is an Excalibur. He has always been an Excalibur. Expecting him to not be an Excalibur when it's in his name doesn't really make much sense. Not only that, he's the Chinese version of Excalibur Prime. What exactly were you expecting him to be other than a different version of Excalibur?

Besides, he actually has an extremely unique passive that no other warframe has, and polarities to fit insanely powerful mods that no other warframe can utilize as effectively. That coupled with the rich lore surrounding him makes what Steve stated "forever ago" very much valid. He's more than just a reskin.

Well, NOW is the time to tell that DE screwed everything they did since "Natah" quest.

Every lore quest added something radically new to the game. "Natah" gave us a brand new tileset and started an amazing story. "The Second Dream" had introduced a completely new game mechanic, Lua tileset and Sentients. "The War Within" improved Operator's mechanics, just threw in riven mods and a tileset, of course. "Chains of Harrow", well, were weak in such terms, but, come on, that is a horror quest (!) in action (!!) MMO (!!!) game about space ninjas! And all those quests had had great director's work that made them feel - and be - cool and remarkable.

And after years of hardwork "The Sacrifice" steps out from the shadows.

My opinion? It should've stayed there.

We've got just some... scraps: a new warframe, new Sentient enemy, new mods. That's all. No gameplay extensions, no tilesets, nothing to be excited of. Story of turning that poor old Dax into Umbra is tragic, but the Operator's part... Operator was hitting autism levels that shouldn't even be possible. I don't know if that is consequences of Rell passing his duty to us, but, damn, stabbing Ballas without any question about space mom? Is that a joke? "The Sacrifice" began as the search for her, but Operator didn't give a damn about it. I'm almost sure that screenwriters didn't give a damn about it too - and that's why I felt myself decieved while looking at Lotus as the Sentient. The final scene was so... unnatural, like it was made right before the launch of update.

I am also strongly disappointed with Ballas. Creator of waframes, one of the Seven, the guy who is responsible for creation of the Sentient and cold-hearted intrigant. When you heard him reading sentence for Margulis, you've felt a really, really strong disgust, didn't you? Ballas could be an amazing driving force for plot, but, during the quest, we've learned that he acted like a overreacting teenager all along. That's so, so stupid - to doom an entire race to be eliminated just because your girlfriend was executed. Don't get me wrong, I understand his pain and rage, but, dammit, he had at least two more ways to commit a revenge upon the Council. And yet he just said "Screw it, I'm going to support Hunhow so everyone will know how bad I feel for sentencing Margulis". What was that, DE? You've shown him as a merciless bastard without any moral borders in Umbra's memories and he's still being overgrown teenager aftee all.

"The Sacrifice" is such a disappointment. I'm really happy that I've got even more lore from Vitruvium, that I know how warframes and Hunhow was made and so on, but... Really, I've anticipated more logic in Operator's and Ballas' actions.

1 minute ago, PackoJI6ac said:

And after years of hardwork "The Sacrifice" steps out from the shadows.

It was more like months, the hype may have been years, but they didn't start on the quest until this year. Venus open world is the priority.

My only major gripe is that we didn't get a conclusion. Instead we got another cliffhanger! I want answers not questions!!! 

Other than that, I got everything I wanted (apart from some new feature or content like focus or rivens that TSD and WW brought. Do the Umbra mods count?). I'm very satisfied and I'm ready to grind.

Oh and DE did not hype Umbra, we did!

I also don't think all original warframes were made by infesting exclusively Dax soldiers. I think they chose people for conversion based on their strengths. Umbra's...host? was a Dax swordsman and this manifested in Excalibur Umbra being a good swordsman. Say, Titania's host would have been someone else. I doubt that she would have been a Dax soldier because her skill sets are less of the martial variety. 

Edited by Mesaeux

4 hours ago, Shiichibukai said:

Nope thats it, we waitied 3 years for that. A freaking black excalibur and a huge dissappointment from the quest. Conclusion my ass...

Are we going to stop this 3 year narrative? It's not like they've been working on this quest for 3 years, we've just been aware of Umbra for 3 years. The fact that they started working on these new plains areas has probably consumed a massive % of their workload.

This quest was spectacular for what it was, I can't wait when replays become an option. I think the last thing I expected was that our time without Lotus would actually continue, and I hope that means DE intends to charge forward into the next story quest (albeit, the big release for the Fall is definitely going to be the new Venus area, but now that they've laid the groundwork with PoE they might be able to get that done faster and with more polish while getting into the next story quest sooner).

Edited by Beartornado

Just now, Beartornado said:

This was not a quest 3 years in the making, you've simply been aware of Umbra for 3 years.

😤I swear every time I see this complaint posted....😤

Tbh though the quest is relatively short considering it was announced over half a year ago.  Still, I watched the whole thing I think it looks great, I can't wait to play myself.  

Just finished the quest and I loved it, love the Umbra, how it follows you and attacks while you're in OP mode, although the AI could use a bit more work.

Regarding Lotus, we being without her for more time I hope this doesn't mean that the rumors about Rebecca leaving DE I heard awhile ago are true. And if, according to Lotus the Sentient, she's going "home", I'm guessing the Tau System, does this mean we are finally going there, after her?

BTW I'd love to have an option to have the "other" Ordis voice instead of the usual one

im calling it the operator makes the ultimate sacrifice to save lotus The operator will become a warframe why because of this line "Dream... not of what you are, but of what you want to be" The dream becomes a reality. a Warframe Capable of maintaining its Mind and soul, maybe DE will pull of something like they did with the custom weps from Eidolon but with the frames ;).

Quest name "Awakening"

Edited by REXO12

I've finished the quest, and honestly i have good thoughts and bad thoughts. The good thought is the umbra is decent enough, and you don't have to grind for him. And the bad thought is...... WHYYYYY SPACE MOM!!!! WHY REBECCA!!! WHY DE!!! I thought The Sacrifice is the last cinematic quest. I guess we're going to wait another years for the next cinematic quest, and i hope the quest matters Space mom, seriously.