Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fair Fix To The Umbra Polarity Problem (Short Post)

hs0003

As you all know, maxing 5 primed mods that can effectively only be used on 1 frame and 1 weapon without ruining a build is a bit much. 

Allowing us to put Umbra Polarities on other frames/weapons is obviously one way to solve the problem. 
So how about allowing us to "Sacrifice" any 2 polarities and fuse them together to become an Umbra polarity?

Putting 3 umbra polarities on any one Warframe would still take 6 formas and a hell of a lot of leveling, so I think it's a fair way to go about it.

Honestly I'm waiting for DE to confirm, for certain, if they can be used on other frames or if they're for umbra only.  It's entirely possible they're meant for umbra only, yes it would be a waste).  And to be honest, I'm not sure the sword ones are worth doing anything with.

If they are for other frames I wouldn't be surprised if there is a new 'forma' which may come with a new map area which some of us are thinking is closer than we thought.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Honestly I'm waiting for DE to confirm, for certain, if they can be used on other frames or if they're for umbra only.  It's entirely possible they're meant for umbra only, yes it would be a waste). 

it wouldn't be a waste if another umbra frames will be released

You can just... y'know, try to put them onto other frames. And see, it works. My Saryn P runs all three of the Umbral-Mods now. 
For some reason, the polarity is only listed in the filter for Exc. Umbra but by searching for the name, you'll find the mods regardless.

7 minutes ago, Owlrrex said:

You can just... y'know, try to put them onto other frames. And see, it works. My Saryn P runs all three of the Umbral-Mods now. 
For some reason, the polarity is only listed in the filter for Exc. Umbra but by searching for the name, you'll find the mods regardless.

This is awesome .. 

But i hate to break the cloud

This is an bug

Normal Umbra mods arn't supposed to be used on non - Umbra frames

-- I gues that devs will revert this how much i give you credit for this to keep it as it is

i dont mind things like that 

Anyhow its cool you have it :thumbup::cool:

6 minutes ago, -_Highlander_- said:

This is awesome .. 

But i hate to break the cloud

This is an bug

Normal Umbra mods arn't supposed to be used on non - Umbra frames

-- I gues that devs will revert this how much i give you credit for this to keep it as it is

i dont mind things like that 

Anyhow its cool you have it :thumbup::cool:

Do you have a source for this? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

28 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Honestly I'm waiting for DE to confirm, for certain, if they can be used on other frames or if they're for umbra only.  It's entirely possible they're meant for umbra only, yes it would be a waste).  And to be honest, I'm not sure the sword ones are worth doing anything with.

If they are for other frames I wouldn't be surprised if there is a new 'forma' which may come with a new map area which some of us are thinking is closer than we thought.

Currently we can use it where we want - even though that's tough. I've put 2 Umbra mods on Mirage, and I can not fit the Exilus, unless I use a few R8 mods instead of R10.

Maybe they were meant to only fit Umbra Warframe, which would make sense, BUT the problem would be the day they release any serious sentient-related-content. You'd have to chose between normal Warframes and one who has insane damage/survivability against Sentients ?

In my opinion, they will :

1- Allow Umbra mods on Umbra Warframes only

2- Create other Umbra Warframes but not like Primes, more like "use a normal Warframe + a few resources / small quest and craft another one". Excalibur will probably remain the only one with a serious lore, all other ones should be like "the Tenno knows how to access Warframe's memories now, he'll try to awaken his Warframes".

1 minute ago, -_Highlander_- said:

There you go :satisfied:

That is not a source. We all know they can go on other frames, you claim that it's a glitch and is going to be fixed.

Do you have a source, from the devs, claiming that this is not intended?

Just now, SumBoady said:

That is not a source. We all know they can go on other frames, you claim that it's a glitch and is going to be fixed.

Do you have a source, from the devs, claiming that this is not intended?

Umbra mods arn't made for Non-Umbra warframes and primes 

Umbra is an new system that is unique

Why else do you think that Excalibur Umbra got new Polaritys

And doesnt allow to be changed ..

There isnt any resource to know that this is an bug when you put 

Umbra <-- Mods on NON - Umbra frames

while the mod is specific build only for umbra frames

Frames that will come in time

-- Melee 3.0 is disable atm and bugs can occur during this change

.. the best thing you can do is keep an eye out on the changes that devs make .. Possibility that devs going to revert this 

1 minute ago, -_Highlander_- said:

Umbra mods arn't made for Non-Umbra warframes and primes 

Umbra is an new system that is unique

Why else do you think that Excalibur Umbra got new Polaritys

And doesnt allow to be changed ..

There isnt any resource to know that this is an bug when you put 

Umbra <-- Mods on NON - Umbra frames

while the mod is specific build only for umbra frames

Frames that will come in time

-- Melee 3.0 is disable atm and bugs can occur during this change

.. the best thing you can do is keep an eye out on the changes that devs make .. Possibility that devs going to revert this 

You can also put primed mods on non-primed frames, so that logic goes right out the window.

I am almost 100% sure they wouldn't release these mods only for umbra.
Keep in mind, the melee set is named "Sacrificial" which has absolutely no (direct) relation to umbral frames.
They are done in the same style as the umbral mods, further leading me to believe that these are just new mods for us to use, not mods specifically for umbral frames.

The umbral polarity is just a bonus for using an umbral frame.

Maybe Umbra mods are supposed to be only available for Umbra frames, and right now it's a bug that allows other frames to use them. I mean this update has a few nasty bugs, some of them are litteral zombie bugs. If this is the case we might not have any way to polarize non Umbra frames with Umbra polarities. It would make sense too, special mods for special frames. Other Umbra frames are on the way after all, Excalibur is just the first. Guess we'll know soon enough, hopefully the devs will fix those bugs fast and tell us what they intend to do with Umbra mods and polarity.

16 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

2- Create other Umbra Warframes but not like Primes, more like "use a normal Warframe + a few resources / small quest and craft another one". Excalibur will probably remain the only one with a serious lore, all other ones should be like "the Tenno knows how to access Warframe's memories now, he'll try to awaken his Warframes".

Only Umbra frames are sentient beings from the start though, so I doubt we will "awaken" regular or even Primed frames to Umbra frames, since we know that these are just "meatsuits", there weren't "grown" on a Dax soldier. We might just get more quest related stuff to unlock the others, with small material requirements like with Excalibur. I really hope they won't go the "we end up putting key characters from the past's minds in regular frames to create more Umbra frames and reveal lore" route, it would be ridiculous and nonsensical to me, I'd rather see more Umbra frames with a similar origin, someone "contaminated" with a specific strain of the Technocyte/Infestation created by Ballas ending up becoming an Umbra, maybe by accident. But this is just hopes and speculations of course, we might end up having to do exactly what you say.

1 minute ago, SumBoady said:

You can also put primed mods on non-primed frames, so that logic goes right out the window.

Keep in mind, the melee set is named "Sacrificial" which has absolutely no (direct) relation to umbral frames.
They are done in the same style as the umbral mods, further leading me to believe that these are just new mods for us to use, not mods specifically for umbral frames.

Primed mods have nothing to do with Umbra mods, that's a false equivalency right there mate. And "sacrifice" is an obvious link to Umbra Excalibur to me. It's pretty evident from the quest. That being said it doesn't mean Umbra mods are supposed to be specific to Umbra frames, yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if our ability to use them on other frames is just another bug of this update.

2 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

Primed mods have nothing to do with Umbra mods, that's a false equivalency right there mate.

Primed mods have nothing to do with primed frames, umbral mods (probably) have nothing to do with umbral frames.
Do you see why I (and others) have made that connection now?

And "sacrifice" is an obvious link to Umbra Excalibur to me. It's pretty evident from the quest.

Because it shares a name with the quest? Again, I don't see the direct connection to umbral frames.

That being said it doesn't mean Umbra mods are supposed to be specific to Umbra frames, yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if our ability to use them on other frames is just another bug of this update.

I don't see DE releasing such a glaringly obvious bug, let alone releasing it and not immediately patching it when they realized they done goofed.
Unless you mean it was an accident and now they're just going with it, in which case maybe, but I still don't think DE would make such a big mistake.

2 minutes ago, SumBoady said:

Primed mods have nothing to do with primed frames, umbral mods (probably) have nothing to do with umbral frames.
Do you see why I (and others) have made that connection now?

You don't know what a false equivalency is, do you... So far I see you and only you making that comparison. And if others make it, doesn't make you more or less right. It's just your own comparison of two unrelated examples. So no, I do not see why you have made that connection anymore than before, since again, this is nothing but a false equivalency.

4 minutes ago, SumBoady said:

Because it shares a name with the quest? Again, I don't see the direct connection to umbral frames.

Not just the name. The events in the quest. You sure you played it? Maybe I played a different Sacrifice quest then. Because in the version I play the link is quite self-evident.

5 minutes ago, SumBoady said:

I don't see DE releasing such a glaringly obvious bug, let alone releasing it and not immediately patching it when they realized they done goofed.
Unless you mean it was an accident and now they're just going with it, in which case maybe, but I still don't think DE would make such a big mistake.

How long have you been playing this game? I ask because in my own experience, this is not a first. I've been around since 2013, and this kind of "misshap" is not unheard of in Warframe. Just saying, I'm not blaming the devs, I completely understand that with every big new update there will be bugs and other unwanted stuff showing up, but when it comes to glaringly obvious bugs, I don't understand how you don't see it as a possibility since this wouldn't be a first.

21 minutes ago, SumBoady said:

Ding dong ... lel who is it

ME: Umbra

Umbra who

ME: Special Umbra

----- Man did you read my content

I never said that you can't use prime mods on any frame

Primed mods came after .. the corrupted mods

But .. if you read closly on the Umbra mods its said UMBRA

pfff .. its like you trying to put an boltor riven on an Sobek .. it doesnt work that way

even if its an riven .. it is still made for boltor not sobek

While you just added an Boltor riven on an sobek and it works .. then we talk about an bug ,,

you see the point now ..

Umbra mods where build for the new generation warframes that are comming 

Watch streams and hear about it

In all due respect

3 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

You don't know what a false equivalency is, do you... So far I see you and only you making that comparison. And if others make it, doesn't make you more or less right. It's just your own comparison of two unrelated examples. So no, I do not see why you have made that connection anymore than before, since again, this is nothing but a false equivalency.

The point I was trying to make, is we only have primed mods as examples of how types of mods should interact with frames and weapons, and currently they're usable with either.

Not just the name. The events in the quest. You sure you played it? Maybe I played a different Sacrifice quest then. Because in the version I play the link is quite self-evident.

I stand by sacrifice != umbra.

How long have you been playing this game? I ask because in my own experience, this is not a first. I've been around since 2013, and this kind of "misshap" is not unheard of in Warframe. Just saying, I'm not blaming the devs, I completely understand that with every big new update there will be bugs and other unwanted stuff showing up, but when it comes to glaringly obvious bugs, I don't understand how you don't see it as a possibility since this wouldn't be a first.

Since about then myself, and I'm not saying they don't make mistakes. It's just to me this one, if it is a bug, seems particularly obvious to me.

Actually, i dont want to be able to add Umbra-polarites to other warframes.

First reason is that Umbra owns something special that he can use better than other frames.

Second, you can use the mods on other frames, but if you want to add even more powerstrength to a frame that might use it you really have to think a little on how you will achieve this. You cannot simply put a forma, lvl the frame another time and boom, more powerstrength for everything now. No, you maybe need to  sacrifce other mods to make use of it. So if you want the maximum powerstrength thats possible in the game right now on your Volt for example, you need to sacrifice some survivabilty or other ability-linked stats to get there.

I think its fine the way it is.

Ah btw: Considering the ongoing "endgame / Warframe is too easy-discussion ", if you can add more strength to all frames now simply by adding another forma, would this really be that great or useful or necessary at all? I dont think so. I think its way better that if you want to maximize a value with the new mods you can do that but you will get worse in other categories.

Edited by DreisterDino

1 hour ago, Vilmera said:

it wouldn't be a waste if another umbra frames will be released

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

Currently we can use it where we want - even though that's tough. I've put 2 Umbra mods on Mirage, and I can not fit the Exilus, unless I use a few R8 mods instead of R10.

Maybe they were meant to only fit Umbra Warframe, which would make sense, BUT the problem would be the day they release any serious sentient-related-content. You'd have to chose between normal Warframes and one who has insane damage/survivability against Sentients ?

In my opinion, they will :

1- Allow Umbra mods on Umbra Warframes only

Don't get me wrong, I want to be able to use them on everything too (I like using Inaros so you can guess my reason there) but I kind of want DE to say yes you can use them etc before I heavily invest in them because we all know DE has a tendency to 'change their mind' on things after they release things.  Currently we can use them and that's great (if we can fit them into builds) but I just want peace of mind or even better, like the OP, the ability to forma for their polarity.

While I am expecting more umbra frames at some point there is no mention of time frames between releases etc, it might even need the next quest to be completed before we can 'unlock' the ability to build umbra frames etc.  In all honesty I'm expecting more info at tennocon, it's a perfect topic for them to speak about now we have the first one.

25 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Ah btw: Considering the ongoing "endgame / Warframe is too easy-discussion ", if you can add more strength to all frames now simply by adding another forma, would this really be that great or useful or necessary at all? I dont think so. I think its way better that if you want to maximize a value with the new mods you can do that but you will get worse in other categories.

There's also an ongoing argument about being one shot at high level content because the survivability of our frames is shockingly bad relative to the way the enemies scale. 

Edited by LSG501

On 2018-06-17 at 5:27 AM, Marthrym said:

Maybe Umbra mods are supposed to be only available for Umbra frames, and right now it's a bug that allows other frames to use them. I mean this update has a few nasty bugs, some of them are litteral zombie bugs. If this is the case we might not have any way to polarize non Umbra frames with Umbra polarities. It would make sense too, special mods for special frames. Other Umbra frames are on the way after all, Excalibur is just the first. Guess we'll know soon enough, hopefully the devs will fix those bugs fast and tell us what they intend to do with Umbra mods and polarity.

Only Umbra frames are sentient beings from the start though, so I doubt we will "awaken" regular or even Primed frames to Umbra frames, since we know that these are just "meatsuits", there weren't "grown" on a Dax soldier. We might just get more quest related stuff to unlock the others, with small material requirements like with Excalibur. I really hope they won't go the "we end up putting key characters from the past's minds in regular frames to create more Umbra frames and reveal lore" route, it would be ridiculous and nonsensical to me, I'd rather see more Umbra frames with a similar origin, someone "contaminated" with a specific strain of the Technocyte/Infestation created by Ballas ending up becoming an Umbra, maybe by accident. But this is just hopes and speculations of course, we might end up having to do exactly what you say.

Primed mods have nothing to do with Umbra mods, that's a false equivalency right there mate. And "sacrifice" is an obvious link to Umbra Excalibur to me. It's pretty evident from the quest. That being said it doesn't mean Umbra mods are supposed to be specific to Umbra frames, yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if our ability to use them on other frames is just another bug of this update.

The answer for all your umbral prayers is named Helminth as stated on the lore of the quest,  i suspect that the infirmary will have a lot to do on modifying our current warframes to fit umbral mods or. Any kind of new mod that appears on other updates. 

1 minute ago, Huanthus said:

The answer for all your umbral prayers is named Helminth as stated on the lore of the quest,  i suspect that the infirmary will have a lot to do on modifying our current warframes to fit umbral mods or. Any kind of new mod that appears on other updates. 

Yeah that's a thing I thought about too, works on a mechanics level, wouldn't be implausible lore wise... Maybe this is how we get Umbras after all, the Helminth virus? Maybe that's what the devs intend to use it for?