Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How likely do you think it is the "umbra" polarity will be removed?

NezuHimeSama

iirc, some mods have had their polarities changed because they weren't "normal" and made it hard to have a diverse set of builds with a single forma configuration. Don't want to invest a dozen or more forma into warframes if Umbra polarity is going to be reversed with a single forma or nothing for compensation.

Not feedback or a request, as imho, the backlash over polarities was largely unwarranted in the past(though that was for lower capacity mods, and umbra polarity could really destroy build variety for a few frames if forma'd for) but I'm just wondering what the opinions of the community are, so I can feel justified in blaming someone else for my lost time investment 😆

3 minutes ago, Zilotz said:

Actually.. No, i don't think polarity will be romoved.

But i hope they will fix the bug that does not let us use forma to add new polarity.

its not a bug.. and they wont add ability to forma this polarity to other frames.. DE sayd so in one post.. cant find it anymore so wont post link

>compensation 

wQcrpTb.jpg?2

How hard is it to get forma?

I don't think the umbra polarity is going anywhere. That comes with the package. You cant just design something into a game, balance the game around it, then just remove it. That's a bit more wiggling than necessary. 

7 minutes ago, Gorylas said:

its not a bug.. and they wont add ability to forma this polarity to other frames.. DE sayd so in one post.. cant find it anymore so wont post link

Yup I saw this post too.  They intend umbra polarities to be Umbra only - if they do add it to the forma list, it'll still only affect Umbra frames.  

My peeve is that these mods and polarities are far too compelling. The mods take a lot of space for how little effect they have on game-play and they even have their own polarity, literally restricting us, which goes against what Warframe was about all this time. 

5 minutes ago, Gorylas said:

s not a bug.. and they wont add ability to forma this polarity to other frames

That seems like a bad decision  - put 3(or 5 if count weapon mods too) tasty mods and no real  way to use them.

I mean soon enough Umbra hype will fade and people start playing other frames again realizing that they actally wasted tons of endo+credits for just ONE frame they will not use much.

So or DE will flood us with content for Umbra in a month or decision was bad(for everyone(players will feel bad and blame devs)).

So, the thing about that is that if DE intend to go ahead with having way more Sentient content, well, matchmaking is going to be boring as hell.

"Oh look. Which of these ten squads composed entirely of Excalibur Umbra shall I join with to do this mission?"

17 minutes ago, Zilotz said:

But i hope they will fix the bug that does not let us use forma to add new polarity.

what makes you think its a bug? the slot is called umbral, why should a non umbra gain access to it?

Keep the Umbra polarity, keep it exclusive to Umbra frames, lock it so people can't forma over it and remove it by accident (or at least allow Umbral forma to re-apply it, but still keep it Umbra exclusive)

Imagine if people were allowed to forma these on other stuff. Meta would start demanding these on everything.

"You have the Umbra mods? Maxed them? You have 3x Umbra polarity on <insert your chosen frame>? Oh, sorry, you're not following the meta bible to the letter, shove off, scrub!"

Edited by Aldrr

1 minute ago, Clats01 said:

what makes you think its a bug?

Forma supposed to be universal polarity tool.

Now we have polarity we can only remove but not put.

Seems logical that this polarity should behave the same way with formas as every other polarity, right?

20 minutes ago, Gorylas said:

12 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Yup I saw this post too.  They intend umbra polarities to be Umbra only - if they do add it to the forma list, it'll still only affect Umbra frames.  

I'm having a hard time finding this statement, do you remember anything about where you found it? I thought I checked every post in "Latest Staff Replies" since the update dropped.

I believe the whole point of the Umbra polarity is to specifically make them extremely costly and somewhat inefficient to use for anything other than Umbra. It's not like their effects are valuable to everyone anyways. They're perfectly fine in the current state that they are except the awkward position some people have put themselves in where they removed an Umbral Polarity and can't get it back.

If they wanted to release new mods to power creep the entire game, they would have just done it with Primed mods a long time ago.

1 minute ago, Zilotz said:

Forma supposed to be universal polarity tool.

Now we have polarity we can only remove but not put.

Seems logical that this polarity should behave the same way with formas as every other polarity, right?

true, however not even Ordis had heard of umbra when we first encounter him. He was effectively an unknown and thus any technology would be unknown and lost therefore it would make sence in the lore for the formas even though they are orokin, Ballas made umbra in secret so maybe the creators of the forma had no idea about it.

Actually I think they plan some sort of "Umbra" upgrade in the following quests.

An ability to wake your warframe to act on its own and forma umbra polarities into them. Excalibur umbra seems merely as a first glance of things to come.

I dont think there will even be more umbra frames in the future, just the ability to turn your warframe into one of them. Probably with unlocked cosmetic slot for the black scarves 😛

Edited by -skimmer-

3 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

I believe the whole point of the Umbra polarity is to specifically make them extremely costly and somewhat inefficient to use for anything other than Umbra. It's not like their effects are valuable to everyone anyways. They're perfectly fine in the current state that they are except the awkward position some people have put themselves in where they removed an Umbral Polarity and can't get it back.

If they wanted to release new mods to power creep the entire game, they would have just done it with Primed mods a long time ago.

It's not about power creep.

It's about the fact that it's clear that Sentient content is going to be more of a focus in upcoming updates, and the Umbral mods offer both a small upgrade over the normal stats and an ancillary buff to fighting them. It means that Excalibur Umbra is by an unreasonable margin the optimal choice. That kills any kind of team diversity.

8 minutes ago, Flandyrll said:

Actually you have no way to powercreep with those 3 mods... Just you do not have space in builds for those 3 and separately they aren't so powerful.

3 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

It's not about power creep.

It's about the fact that it's clear that Sentient content is going to be more of a focus in upcoming updates, and the Umbral mods offer both a small upgrade over the normal stats and an ancillary buff to fighting them. It means that Excalibur Umbra is by an unreasonable margin the optimal choice. That kills any kind of team diversity.

If DE wants Umbral mods to be Umbra exlcusive, I see no reason why they can't. It's well Umbra mods.  And just because it gives an edge in sentients doesn't mean you don't have weapons that outperform them and Frames that can survive against them.

Edited by ShadowExodus

3 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

If DE wants Umbral mods to be Umbra exlcusive, I see no reason why they can't. It's well Umbra mods.  And just because it gives an edge in sentients doesn't mean you don't have weapons that outperform them and Frames that can survive against them.

Let me repeat it with more detail then:

Umbral mods make Umbra into a 'frame with (at maxed out mods) more power strength, more armour, and more hitpoints than other 'frames, for the same usage of mod slots, plus an extra ancillary stat of 33% Tau Resistance. Now, if Tau Resistance means that Umbra is thus able to operate in environments where other Warframes will take, say, 33% more damage? Or where other Warframes will have 33% less Hitpoints? Or regenerate 33% less energy? Then Umbra goes from being merely a strong choice to being the only sensible choice.