Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As a founder I am extremely upset about umbra.

tripletriple

Just now, The_Lunatic_ said:

Yes, Umbra was designed many years ago for Chinese Warframe.

They literally just took Excalibur Prime and changed some stuff. If you'd been here for the development of the game, you would know that.

Yes, quote that single bit out of context why don't you, and then make obviously false assumptions.

Utterly genius idea. :clap:

I have 9x the hours in this game that you do, stands to reason I've followed the development far more closely than you have, sunshine.

But hey, at least you've played more Excalibur Prime than tripletriple has. That makes your opinion slightly more relevant... About 10 hours worth of relevance, but still.

1 minute ago, Blue_Robot said:

And I did admit that I was mistaken, didn't I?

Yes, Unique or special. But with Umbra out, Prime is less unique and special since there are now two "special" variants of excal.

Umbra isn't special. Everyone have one. Not everyone have Excalibur Prime.

And this:

5 minutes ago, Blue_Robot said:

Umbra is better than Prime, is that also not true?

Is pure bullsh*t. If you want to make a Radial Blind build for Excalibur Umbra, you can't. Because you're forced to use Umbral Intensify because if you remove that polarity, you can't add it back.

If you remove Umbral Intensify, you loses a lot of armor and health in the other mods.

If a person prefers to not use Vitality on Excalibur, well, this person is forced to use Umbral Vitality in Umbra, because if you add any other mod on that polarity, it will use double the mod capacity.

If you don't like to use armor on Excalibur, well, too bad, you're forced to use Umbral Fiber or use a forma right away to remove that unique polarity you can't add back.

Umbra can be stronger but it kills the mod diversity that normal Excalibur and Excalibur Prime have. Its pretty much a Warframe that can only builted for Exalted Blade. If you want to have the same mod diversity that Excalibur Prime have, you need to use 3 forma right away.

Its better than Excalibur Prime in one build, and worse in all other combinations.

2 minutes ago, Mana_Caldaria said:

What about those who had to use regular Excalibur for five years then?
Must be very convenient for you to "forget" about how "humiliated" those must have felt.

Wow, you don't seem to understand.

There's nothing humiliating about using regular excal because non founders don't have access to prime. Hell, I'm not a founder myself as you can see and I've had Excal for five years.

Now, founders will have no reason to use Prime because a Umbra is way better. It is humiliating to use Prime because some people MAY think that the founders are just "rubbing" their founder status to people's faces, since umbra is better and they're not using it.

2 hours ago, tripletriple said:

I feel a bit cheated. Just put yourself in our shoes. You are promised something special and exclusive for supporting a game that might never get anywhere. Then they release something that is exactly the same but with an added capability to it. 

I feel cheated and played :/. Anyone else?

Founder here, I'm pretty happy. I still have Excalibur Prime, which is what I paid for. I have no issue with Excalibur Umbra. If I'd know about Umbra existing years down the line it wouldn't have changed my mind one bit.

But then again I became a founder because I wanted Excalibur Prime, (And to support the game) not because I thought it made me special in some way, and not because other people didn't have it.

I don't feel any trust was violated, because the deal I made was very clear, nothing said "best", "most powerful" or any such thing. It was just a warframe, as shiny gold one, and I loved the design and the idea of the ancient Orokin Suit/Golem/Proxy.

The problem here is you, and only you have the power to stop this causing you discomfort.

Edited by SilentMobius

and Founders still keep the exclusive look, plus all the MR that goes with it.

Get no sympathy from me.

I didn't know about Warframe when it was open to buy Founder's packs. If I had, I would have. And I sure as hell wouldn't be whining about Umbra now.

Good lawrd I glad most Founders aren't like this.

2 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

Yes, Umbra was designed many years ago for Chinese Warframe.

They literally just took Excalibur Prime and changed some stuff. If you'd been here for the development of the game, you would know that.

so let me tell you smart tenno... excal prime is not only a normal excal reskin?! i will make your words my words. (with few new words) 😄

"they literally just took excalibur and changed some stuff and made it excal prime" what is so special on it?

10 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

A lot of the community has invested serious amounts of time in pining after Excalibur Prime.

I'm sure many of them understand how release a reskin of something that's supposed to be exclusive is unfair, they just don't care because they get free stuff out of it.

Personally, I expected better of DE. I imagine if many founders knew they'd do this, chances are they'd be somewhat less of us.

This is so true. Everyone please understand. It's not about just the items, it's also about trust. 

I personally feel as if that trust has been broken. 

Stop with the childish insults guys, stop name calling and being toxic. It's not salt or princess entitlement whatever that is. 

Just for one second. Think about if a company offered you an exclusive excalibur and then simply copy and pasted another one that was even better. It's not a good feeling. Let's be together not against each other.

I'm sorry, having more play time doesn't entitle you to have Excalibur Prime.

Because that's obviously what I meant. Why don't you stop quoting me out of context, since the second part of that sentence explains why I mention that stat.

Seriously, are you even trying? Reads to me like you're just salty and trolling the forums. Especially when you have less than 300 hours in game, did DE giving away Excal Umbra rustle your jimmies so much so that you had to come back to the game and stir things up?

Keep trying.

8 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

What I care about is fairly obviously taking the appearance of Excal prime, reskinning it and adding a few minor details and calling that original in some way.

So does that mean the Stalker is a reskinned Excal Prime? Umbra uses the same model as the Stalker excluding the scarf and lioncloth. 

2 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

This is so true. Everyone please understand. It's not about just the items, it's also about trust. 

Stop with the childish insults guys, stop name calling and being toxic. It's not salt or princess entitlement whatever that is. 

Just for one second. Think about if a company offered you an exclusive excalibur and then simply copy and pasted another one that was even better. It's not a good feeling. Let's be together not against each other.

They copy n pasted Excalibur to make Excalibur Prime...

So no. We don't feel that that trust has been broken. 

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Because that's obviously what I meant. Why don't you stop quoting me out of context, since the second part of that sentence explains why I mention that stat.

Seriously, are you even trying? Reads to me like you're just salty and trolling the forums. Especially when you have less than 300 hours in game, did DE giving away Excal Umbra rustle your jimmies so much so that you had to come back to the game and stir things up?

Keep trying.

Some people just want a reason. We both know that.

Edited by Lahared

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Keep trying.

do you know why they dont have almost no game time play? Because 80% of the founders just stay afk on the relays showing the excal prime and they dont really play the game that is why 😄 

3 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Umbra isn't special. Everyone have one. Not everyone have Excalibur Prime.

And this:

Is pure bullsh*t. If you want to make a Radial Blind build for Excalibur Umbra, you can't. Because you're forced to use Umbral Intensify because if you remove that polarity, you can't add it back.

If you remove Umbral Intensify, you loses a lot of armor and health in the other mods.

If a person prefers to not use Vitality on Excalibur, well, this person is forced to use Umbral Vitality in Umbra, because if you add any other mod on that polarity, it will use double the mod capacity.

If you don't like to use armor on Excalibur, well, too bad, you're forced to use Umbral Fiber or use a forma right away to remove that unique polarity you can't add back.

Umbra can be stronger but it kills the mod diversity that normal Excalibur and Excalibur Prime have. Its pretty much a Warframe that can only builted for Exalted Blade. If you want to have the same mod diversity that Excalibur Prime have, you need to use 3 forma right away.

Its better than Excalibur Prime in one build, and worse in all other combinations.

Even if you remove umbral intensify, the armor and health values from the two remaining umbral mods are still significantly greater than their regular counterparts.

And also for a radial blind build, all you have to do is to put Stretch in the umbral intensify slot, and it raises its mod cost from 9 to 11. So yes, Umbra is still superior to the two excals even in modding.

I just tested these out myself.

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Keep trying.

Actually, I have over 600 hours in the game.

But, keep trying. It won't get you Excalibur Prime. And unless you have Excalibur prime, your opinion is pretty worthless on losing that exclusivity.

Guys, i'm not a founder but i can understand how you're feeling.

You were promised something unique and after some time (5 years, in this case) they gave everyone a free variation of that thing.
Something pretty similar happened to me in a different game

But guys, guys, come on. 5 years without ANY BETTER VERSIONS of excalibur. Even a different Excal, just like Umbra.
"Oh, but Umbra is a variant of Prime Exca", yes he is. And still has a great lore. But the game needed a better version of Excal that people could get for free and you know that.

Excalibur is literally the mascot of the Warframe game. I know you can be pretty upset about how it ended up, but hey, if you guys are feeling really bad about that, you can try talking with some DE people and trying to get a small Excalibur Prime statue (to have irl, because digital stuff isn't the best option of investiment, specially if you understand about marketing and how players might feel if anything like this happens) or something else IN REAL LIFE as a better thing. You guys paid to help this game exist and i can't thank you enough for that. I love this game. I wish i could have been a founder on time. But come on, talk about how you feel and how you think it should be done to have the best for everyone. Thanks for the attention.

But, keep trying. It won't get you Excalibur Prime. And unless you have Excalibur prime, your opinion is pretty worthless on losing that exclusivity.

Why are you acting like this?

1 minute ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

Why do you keep assuming he's trying to get Excalibur Prime? 

2 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

I was offered an exclusive Excalibur and I received an exclusive Excalibur. Its been years since Excal Prime was released. Why does Excal Prime have to be the better variant? Its like Intel releasing their "Limited Edition Anniversary i7-8086k" then releasing a better one years down the line. These things are going to happen. DE never advertise Excal Prime as the "Best Variant". Accept that Umbra came out and accept that you're one of the hand full of people with an exclusive Warframe. 

2 hours ago, tripletriple said:

I feel a bit cheated. Just put yourself in our shoes. You are promised something special and exclusive for supporting a game that might never get anywhere. Then they release something that is exactly the same but with an added capability to it. 

I feel cheated and played :/. Anyone else?

I'm a Grandmaster. I'm in Founder shoes, and I'm extremely happy that we have Umbra. We've had five years with Excalibur Prime. I'm glad we're finally getting a better one (both functionally and aesthetically). All DE needs to do is let us use Excal Prime's helmet and skin on Umbra. That way, we can still use our exclusive helmet and skin on Umbra.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

but you haven't lost it? you still have excal prime, lato and skana prime. They are still founder only exclusives right? DE never said they will never add another, better looking excal (and better gameplay-wise, just IMO, i know its not actually but it feels soo damn fine to play with him).

So no, you guys still have your exclusiveness, its just that a new version has been made available, not the exclusive version.