Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As a founder I am extremely upset about umbra.

tripletriple

2 hours ago, tripletriple said:

I feel a bit cheated. Just put yourself in our shoes. You are promised something special and exclusive for supporting a game that might never get anywhere. Then they release something that is exactly the same but with an added capability to it. 

I feel cheated and played :/. Anyone else?

>Exactly the same.

No, it isn't. You were promised Excalibur prime, not exclusive rights to every variant of Excalibur ever.

Not to mention, you had the only other variant of Excalibur for over 5 years, most games are lucky if the servers haven't been shut down by then. This is silly. Get over it.

2 minutes ago, Jetstrike1111 said:

Now this may be because I'm not a founder, but in the 2 years I've spent playing this game, I have never seen a single founder mocked or shamed for using Prime. Most I usually see is either nothing or "He's a founder :0". That's it. Umbra is better than Prime when fighting sentients. Cool, name a place besides Lua where you have regular amounts of sentient spawns that gain immunity. And name a single situation where a 2-second long cast animation is better than a 1-second long cast animation for the exact same function. Other than those small differences, there is no difference between Prime and Umbra, except one was used to support a financially dependent company make a successful game, and the other is the result of said company making a successful game. Besides, Umbra had been confirmed for the game for quite a few years, and was officially confirmed last year. Why was this issue only brought up now? Is it because the founders no longer have a frame that's stronger than the a different variation of the same exact frame? I do not see any reason to be "humiliated" to use Prime. That's definitely over-exaggerating, and if you are humiliated over a virtual item in a digital game, that is a bigger issue if you ask me. 

As a founder, it happens a lot. I've had people throw missions, intentionally AFK and a bunch of other stuff if I dared to use Excalibur Prime.

Releasing Umbra has made things even worse, as a lot of the people who were crying about not having Excal Prime for so long have come out of the woodwork.

1 minute ago, Spartan336 said:

Right well this has all run it's course I'm going to start meming now. 

8pclOwL.jpg

the best meme now is the excal prime is mr fodder now 😄

Rip excal prime in 2018 Sacrifice quest who gives your life for the miracle. excal umbra 😄

Literally this thread rn.

Tbh I feel kind of bad that we ALL get this cool thing we can share together and rather than talking about theory builds or what the future could hold because of this sentient damage meta shift we get this VV

jaja-1.gif

Just now, CalmLikeAB0mb said:

the best meme now is the excal prime is mr fodder now 😄

Rip excal prime in 2018 Sacrifice quest who gives your life for the miracle. excal umbra 😄

Yeah, except it was fodder from the beginning. It's true value is that it's owner donated to the game to get it on it's feet. A value that HAS NOT BEEN INFRINGED ON!!!

2 hours ago, tripletriple said:

Sigh, I thought people would be more understanding. I'm not sure what happened to the warframe community. Used to be filled with nice people.

It's not bad for me to say I was given something that was supposed to be one of a kind and then I got upset because they copy pasted it with added functionality. Is that truly hard for people to level with?

Except, you're completely wrong, lore-wise, story wise, visually, gameplay wise, they are not the same. You still have what you were promised and nobody else can get it.

You being salty that other people get Umbra, is incredibly selfish. You don't want other people to have something nice because you don't want to feel less "special". You don't get to be that selfish and then complain about the community not being nice enough to you.

2 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

As a founder, it happens a lot. I've had people throw missions, intentionally AFK and a bunch of other stuff if I dared to use Excalibur Prime.

Releasing Umbra has made things even worse, as a lot of the people who were crying about not having Excal Prime for so long have come out of the woodwork.

hell i've been playing for quite a while, already seen quite a lot of exPrimes, especially since the game release and never, ever saw that kind of behaviour.

Excal variant with a different look, slower blind, and a gimmick passive liability. 

It's a side grade that is outperformed by Excal Prime in multiple ways.

If you take issue with new content as a founder you may need to reevaluate your emotional stability or lack thereof.

Edited by Campaigner

58 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

The armours were buffed later, each was increased to over 200 from it's original... 65? Excal Primes was simply increased by an additional 25.

There were reports that Excalibur Prime had a slightly faster shield regen speed, but it was never proven nor confirmed by DE.

Read above, he never originally had a benefit beyond Void ball energy.

Source: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/476490-update-1690/

Well in that case what is his point? As a non-founder I still do not have excalibur prime or the associated mastery and he does. So what has he actually lost? Other than the ability to look down his nose at me?

13 minutes ago, Jetstrike1111 said:

Now this may be because I'm not a founder, but in the 2 years I've spent playing this game, I have never seen a single founder mocked or shamed for using Prime. Most I usually see is either nothing or "He's a founder :0". That's it. Umbra is better than Prime when fighting sentients. Cool, name a place besides Lua where you have regular amounts of sentient spawns that gain immunity. And name a single situation where a 2-second long cast animation is better than a 1-second long cast animation for the exact same function. Other than those small differences, there is no difference between Prime and Umbra, except one was used to support a financially dependent company make a successful game, and the other is the result of said company making a successful game. Besides, Umbra had been confirmed for the game for quite a few years, and was officially confirmed last year. Why was this issue only brought up now? Is it because the founders no longer have a frame that's stronger than the a different variation of the same exact frame? I do not see any reason to be "humiliated" to use Prime. That's definitely over-exaggerating, and if you are humiliated over a virtual item in a digital game, that is a bigger issue if you ask me. 

In the 2 years you played, Umbra did not exist.

You still have no clue. Umbra is not superior because of his howl. He is superior because Prime cannot fit all 3 umbral mods in a single build and Umbra can. Even in blind builds.

Also, to quote another guy I'm in a conversation with: "If you liked its minimalist visual upgrade over regular Excal. You should still like it now. If you don't then you probably only liked it as a way to make people jealous or look to you in awe. In which case, lol."

So people might think that founders are still using the Prime as a means to "make people jealous or look at them in awe" which, for me is humiliating.

And FYI I'm also not a founder.

Edited by Blue_Robot

1 minute ago, CalmLikeAB0mb said:

A real founder will never complain about POWER... get out off here fake founders who just payed for power nothing more. what a shame.

expected to see "get out off here fake founders who just payed for a founder account in the black market. what a shame."

I'm leaving disappointed

As a Founder and someone wearing the same brand of shoes, I am not disappointed.

But I'm probably not because I bought the pack to support DE and they happened to throw in a few pixels as thank you (plus I got to see the game grow and continue to do so). Plus I find Umbra as a nice alternative but far from a replacement of especially Excalibur Prime for reasons others have stated.

8 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

Interesting that I've never experienced people throwing, afking, and a bunch of other stuff just because I'm running with Excal Prime. If anything they're doing it regardless of whether I'm using Excal Prime or not. 

7 minutes ago, The_Lunatic_ said:

Gonna encounter it more if you're using him yourself.

Well if it means anything to you; The only Tenno I treat with disrespect are those who are disrespectful to begin with. Regardless of who they are. 
Friendly reminder: There's a reason we're known for this...
WxT4Tua.png