Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As a founder I am extremely upset about umbra.

tripletriple

The only reason to be so defensive of your precious yet demand access to other things which founders have such as Primed Chamber is elitist attitudes. You would think you would just be happy for helping the game early on, but instead you want them to bow and say thank you every day for eternity. 

Sorry it may seem harsh but I have no love for the special snowflakes. 

I feel the sadness inside the founders hearts only because with excal umbra avaiable for ALL of us and much better and more badasss, the master piece (excal prime) is now MR Fodder 😄

Is with great sadness we will stop to see excal prime standing afk on the relays. "But all the miracles require sacrifices"

Rip excal prime. 2018 sacrifice

Sorry but that sounds overdramatic. Founders items were promised to be exclusive and nothing about that has changed. Excal umbra is a different version of warframes and we'll likely get more of them. Excal is just the start. I dont see how umbra devalues the founders items. Is DE not allowed to release anything similar to excalibur thats better than the prime? Cmon man.

28 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

I feel a bit cheated. Just put yourself in our shoes. You are promised something special and exclusive for supporting a game that might never get anywhere. Then they release something that is exactly the same but with an added capability to it. 

I feel cheated and played :/. Anyone else?

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

I'm trying my best to make you understand why it upsets a lot of founders. I'll put it another way.

Imagine you made a deal with someone and they said we will make this thing just for you and no one else will get anything like it. 

You excited say okay sweet. Then you find out they've made something like it to someone else and when you confront them their answer is "it's not the same its better". Do you see now why it's like trust is broken? Please guys don't be rude. Try and understand it in our footsteps.

DE didn't promise you the best version of Excalibur or the strongest version of Excalibur

DE promised you a unique version of Excalibur called Excalibur Prime that will only be released to founders.

You have your unique Excalibur Prime and all the other players have Excalibur Umbra. No deal was broken.

Another one of these. Sigh. This founder entitlement has got to go.

You are critically missing the point of what it means to be a Founder, and no, it isn't Excalibur Prime and the bragging rights of owning one. 

You should be proud of what you are -- a founder -- you helped bring this game to life. That alone is the only thing you should be proud of or entitled to.

Edited by Blade

I don't understand how you can feel cheated considering we've had the same exclusive stuff for 5+ years now and will continue to?

You lost nothing and got another Excal for the collection.

What does that have to do with founder stuff? It's completely irrelevant and unrelated--

Just now, Diarist said:

I don't understand how you can feel cheated considering we've had the same exclusive stuff for 5+ years now and will continue to?

What does that have to do with founder stuff? It's completely irrelevant and unrelated--

+1

16 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

I'm trying my best to make you understand why it upsets a lot of founders. I'll put it another way.

Imagine you made a deal with someone and they said we will make this thing just for you and no one else will get anything like it. 

You excited say okay sweet. Then you find out they've made something like it to someone else and when you confront them their answer is "it's not the same its better". Do you see now why it's like trust is broken? Please guys don't be rude. Try and understand it in our footsteps.

I am not a founder, but I fully understand this. This feels a bit unfair especially since founders played a HUGE part in Warframe's existence. The founders pretty much placed their trust on DE and its product during uncertain/unstable times, and kinda got screwed over when Warframe finally found its place in the market. 

What makes me even more sad is that the community has devolved into a toxic mess and doesn't even realize that the founders played a huge role way back when DE didn't have enough financial power to sustain and develop the game. I can even see that some posters are glad that the founders were screwed over.

2 minutes ago, Diarist said:

Finally, a Founder with some sense.
THANK YOU!

1 minute ago, Blue_Robot said:

I am not a founder, but I fully understand this. This feels a bit unfair especially since founders played a HUGE part in Warframe's existence. The founders pretty much placed their trust on DE and its product during uncertain/unstable times, and kinda got screwed over when Warframe finally found its place in the market. 

What makes me even more sad is that the community has devolved into a toxic mess and doesn't even realize that the founders played a huge role way back when DE didn't have enough financial power to sustain and develop the game. I can even see that some posters are glad that the founders were screwed over.

And you think that no one here knows this story.

Many people here, including myself saw all the interviews and saw in first hand the start of this game.

Founders still have all their unique stuff, the only change is that now all the other players have acess to a better version of Excalibur, including the founders, instead of being stuck with the worst version.

Meanwhile the Founders still have their items. The unique version of Excalibur that only they can have called Excalibur Prime.

41 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

I feel a bit cheated. Just put yourself in our shoes. You are promised something special and exclusive for supporting a game that might never get anywhere. Then they release something that is exactly the same but with an added capability to it. 

They didn't go back on their promise. You are still founder and only you wll have excalibur prime. I can't ever get it, so you haven't lost anything.

Same for skana prime and lato prime. I can never get them but you can.

1 minute ago, Blue_Robot said:

are you blind too or you just pretend to be? just tell a item/gear/warframe/ weapon any the founders have and non-founders have too? and dont tell me about umbra abilities are the same and blah blah blah... because the normal excal have the same abilities and no1 said nothing... but know only because umbra is better tehn excal prime they fell cheated... plsssss cry is free but this is already behind ignorant

Are you really that upset after 5 years of playing him exclusively? It's not like they took him from you, they just did something a lot of people asked for. They even buffed Excalibur Prime to have the same stats as Umbra. With that being said Umbra isn't better, he's different. With his lore, unique mods, tau resists and polarizations, he's more quest-oriented. Prime, on the other hand, is more versatile when it comes to builds. It's not just a reskin, they both serve different purposes and, for someone who already has his prime version, that's even better.

18 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

Please don't speak on my behalf. I would never feel or post something as petty as this.

You're literally manufacturing a 'problem' out of something that doesn't even exist. We lost nothing. We LITERALLY lost nothing. You are being completely ridiculous for the sake of being ridiculous and it's embarrassing for everyone involved.

And who cares if Umbra is better??? Good, let it be better. Let this new archetype of Warframe be better and have an actual point to acquiring them. If the implications that Umbras will be anti-Tau Warframes and we go to the Tau System then yeah, that would be really good. Let it be akin to Destiny raid armor, where raid armor helps you perform better in the raid (Tau Resist and these Umbra mods are literally like Raid Perks). That's a good game design choice and I'm glad we might be getting our own interpretation of it.

And for the record, exclusive S#&$ should never, EVER be better than what is available ingame. That's a HORRIBLE premise to design around and expect people to design around and you should feel bad if you think Umbra should have been worse than Prime. That's ACTUALLY stupid.

There was no Variant of Excalibur that could be released in any manner that wouldn't piss off founders.

Had they made the DEX skin exclusive to non-founders as some sort of: "Sorry. But we can't give you non-founders Excalibur Prime ever."

They would be mad that they have been excluded.

Umbra was suppose to fill the essentially (for 99% of the playerbase) Primeless gap that Excalibur Prime created. Folks seemed fine with it until he got released.

Had Umbra had all Excalibur's moves & no variation. Folks would feel cheated & then he'd truly be a Excal Prime knock off.

And by making him unique/altered now folks feel he exceeds Excal Prime/negates the prestige of Excal Prime.

So I ask this.

How would/should DE have solved this?

Remove the MR from Founder items so folks have even less to complain about when it comes to these permanently unattainable items?

Simply leave Excalibur (The Warframe Posterboy) forever Primeless (for 99% of the community)?

Make Umbra nothing more than a Skin for regular Excalibur? (We all know how that would have been received.)

Nothing DE could do in this situation could satisfy the community in entirety.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)D4rk50ul-v2 said:

The only reason to be so defensive of your precious yet demand access to other things which founders have such as Primed Chamber is elitist attitudes. You would think you would just be happy for helping the game early on, but instead you want them to bow and say thank you every day for eternity. 

Sorry it may seem harsh but I have no love for the special snowflakes. 

I agree with this. They do come off as entitled, as if nothing short of statues with their names on them on display in every relay would make them happy.  You helped support the game, what you gave has been since returned through the persistence of the game. We appreciate that you were there to help support this game and help make it was it is today but there is an extent to which the recognition you seem to crave can be given to you and other founders. You have your Excal Prime, we don't. 

I can't even tell who is really a founder and who is a founder account buyer anymore..

A majority of the founders I've meet usually don't care if DE brought swordbro prime out for the public.
This one being the first I've seen actually "feeling" triggered by chineseswordbro "prime" being released, knowing this was a thing since 2015.

Edited by Orblit

56 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

Hey I dont mean to sound insensitive but really man, What have you lost exactly ? Excalibur Prime is barely BARELY a upgrade from vanilla, the only thing you get worth mention is a new look. Umbral Excalibur is not the same as EP. I really dont understand what the deal is, you still have one more Excalibur that most dont, so I ask... whats the problem. I find its best when you have a bad day to not get on forums and voice your concerns until you have cooled off and can approach your issue with less emotion and more lucidity.

Honestly I do not have a lot of issues with it.

I do think it is kind of weird to see the 2 frames have the exact same stats though, I'm wondering if this is going to be the case with all umbra's. If not, then I would probably complain about excal P being even more plain then he already is and always has been compared to other primed frames.

So I looked at op's profile and his most used frames ranked from most used to least is this:

Rhino: 12.2%, 16.3mill exp, 9.3k kills, 1.1k assists

Nova: 11.3%, 10.5mill exp, 34.5k kills, 6.2k assists

Loki: 9.9%, 5.3mill exp, 70 kills, 66 assists

Vauban: 6.6%, 8.5mill exp, 9.2k kills, 12.2k assists

Nekros: 4.5%, 10mill exp, 1.8k kills, 1.2k assists

Valk: 4.5%, 9.8mill exp, 7.3k kills, 718 assists

Loki Prime: 4%, 12.2mill exp, 1.5k kills, 2.4k assists

Ember Prime: 3.2%, 53mill exp, 53k kills, 7.3k assists

Excalibur Prime: 3.1%, 4.8mill exp, 2.4k kills, 574 assists

I'm not even going to mention the rest of your frames, because some of them have more kills and exp gain than your Excal Prime with less usage. I know most of these numbers don't mean much since Ember racks up exp and kills like crazy. But for someone who's so adamant about being "cheaped" out on an exclusive item it seems like you hardly play the frame.

So why even get mad when you barely even use it, it's just gathering dust in your inventory.