Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So apparently Umbra isn't a prime anymore.

VermilionBird

The recent update [23.0.3] removed the Prime Passive of Energy pulse on Orokin Void Death Orb.
I really love playing on the void maps, for the old days, and I really love the passive that give me energy from void death orb.
Normal excalibur for obvious reason dont have this passive, why take it away from the umbra variant?

1 minute ago, ShiraHagane said:

they can, just not excal, because the founders get upset /s

well it's not like we're getting excal prime is it... they still get their exclusive. 

So rather than allow everyone to have a frame which could be 'everyones' prime excalibur they get all salty... you just got love how precious founders are over excalibur.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb ShiraHagane:

vor 1 Minute schrieb LSG501:

well it's not like we're getting excal prime is it... they still get their exclusive. 

So rather than allow everyone to have a frame which could be 'everyones' prime excalibur they get all salty... you just got love how precious founders are over excalibur.

this has nothing to do with founders.

There are plenty of founders which have requested to use excal primes helmet and Body Skin on Umbra / wished for umbral polarities- but mostly cosmetic Options because (they) we cant use our favourite helmet on the new best excalibur warframe

it is easy to bash people of a specific group, but this doesnt mean you are allowed to do that

6 minutes ago, bronzebonobo said:

and they probably don't even play in the void anymore either

void is pretty much dead andthe passive is garbage

5 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

The only thing most founders are upset about is how Umbra was executed...
We didnt mind it possibly being better... but being a side grade with slightly better gimmicks is just an insult to everyone. (when keeping in mind we may also get other umbra frames)

My ideal would of been where Prime frames and Umbra frames would compliment each other. Like 2 sides of a beautiful coin.

Could say it was a nice additional unintended feature that people liked but its not Umbra's passive so thread title isn't really accurate.

Umbra has normal Excalibur's passive plus his specter mode as his passive.

I doubt they removed it based on your claims of "some founders were salty about it", more likely Umbra was never intended to have that Prime feature as Umbra is not a Prime.

2 minutes ago, Teshin_Dax said:

this has nothing to do with founders.

There are plenty of founders which have requested to use excal primes helmet and Body Skin on Umbra / wished for umbral polarities- but mostly cosmetic Options because (they) we cant use our favourite helmet on the new best excalibur warframe 

it is easy to bash people of a specific group, but this doesnt mean you are allowed to do that 

Don't take it the wrong way but it really does seem like founders (not all of them) have been 'salty' about umbra basically being a better excal prime (it's stronger and looks better) hence why they took it away.  IMO, unless DE did a literal copy paste job from chinaframe, which is unlikely due to the extra features, DE wouldn't have added the ability in the first place if it wasn't intentional

2 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

I doubt they removed it based on your claims of "some founders were salty about it", more likely Umbra was never intended to have that Prime feature as Umbra is not a Prime.

Yeah man, even me already answered the question earlier but i have no idea why the complaint still continue :facepalm:

- Has acess to better stats.

- His Radial Howl is now the same has Blind with added effect.

- His passive got buffed to being usefull

- Can no longer make use of Death Orbs in the Void.

GOD DAMNED FOUNDERS RUINING EVERYTHING!!!!

yep we salty aight

According to the patch notes, umbra doesn't get energy from death orbs now. The reason given was that he technically wasn't a prime. Thoughts?

Personally I feel like Umbra was supposed to be a solution for Excal Prime being locked off from the vast majority of players, and yeah, Umbra's got more than Prime does with his mods and passive, but still feels wrong to me.

Just now, NeithanDiniem said:

Energy from the orbs is so insignificant of a perk I'll never even notice it is gone. Doesn't bother me they made it consistent.

What does bother me is that Umbra is just more power creep that we don't even have a real use for. It's too bad they made Umbra just a straight Excal Prime buff, I thought Umbra was going to be a side grade, not a carbon copy of what we already have.

Excalibur Umbra never was to be considered a Prime to begin with (talking about global build, not chinese ((hence he kept some prime abilites probably))!).

While i will miss the free energy it is okay they changed it, it fits the whole thing: it's Excalibur UMBRA after all, not PRIME.

Umbra was created in the China build of warframe. The devs wanted to bring Umbra to us without making it another skin. It was never a solution to the prime version, it was a surprising addition to everyone at the time.