Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki buff at some point plz?!?

S.Dust

23 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

As an unironic Loki main: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no. Don't let DE touch his sweet ass. He's in a comfortable spot right now, not overpowered but not useless or a total one-trick frame.

He's insanely boring. He has no interesting synergies besides switch telepoty and decoy which is mostly useless. And his abilities are boring. His main ability being the most boring ability in the entire game. Just push button and I invisable.... 

3 hours ago, Prime-Ares said:

3W0a2Y7.jpg

You can tweak this for more range if you really need it. My disarm/range build is completely different though. Personally I like a speedy silent Loki

read the section on invis in the original post i said why i dont like the fact that you have to use narrow minded for anything relaly past 21 seconds.

Loki’s kit is boring. I barely touch him save for certain Riven challenges where his passive helps.

For Spy/Rescue/Sabotage ops, Limbo + Huras gets the job done for me. Invisibility from the dog, Rift to avoid lasers and getting a movement speed boost as well. Banish to protect a Rescue target from dying. Cataclysm + Stasis + Rift Surge for panic CC. For those missions, I just feel that Loki falls flat even with his kit in mind to properly stealth. He literally feels longer to run than with my Limbo + Huras setup due to the conditions I mentioned above.

I mean, outside of that, I’m sure his kit can be effective for high level play. But there are better options out there I feel. Loki hasn’t really graced my interest at all in terms of utility and CC potential for quite a large sum of my time in Warframe. 

It’s like he’s the “gateway” Warframe that invites you to his kit, gets you interested, but then you find something better and kinda stray away from Loki because he starts to feel lacking. He feels dull to use for me.

7 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

Loki permanently prevents almost all enemies from doing damage to any player at range. This is far more important than dealing a little damage, and is an actual debuff. Tip: Damaging an enemy is not a debuff. It's damage. Loki outright removes something like 70% of the serious threats in high level content from the table if played right.

But only for him and only if he gets away from the enemies while invisible.  In in team that isn't much of a benefit to the others on the team as most might think.  

I say this only because I have been in a few groups with  Loki doing disarm/rad disarm and it didn't stop the enemies from attacking the group.  The enemies can still attack without guns.  

Sadly Mag's Counter Pulse does a better job for a team at this type of CC than Loki does.  

loki main here he is fine, useful for endless missions and can cc and kill and also save your teammate's arse and chill while invisible (except when a genius teammate walk or stay close to you and draw lvl80 ++ enemy fire to you in a tight small space) . use him all the time for kuva farming

13 hours ago, Paradoxbomb said:

I don't think Loki needs any buffs or changes, but I wouldn't argue against some improvements/QoL changes to his decoy and switch teleport, namely:

• The decoy being invincible (at least for a few seconds) or allowing for multiple decoys to be placed
  • The decoy not blocking player's bullets, being a hologram and all
  • Switch Teleported enemies could become irradiated and be targeted by enemies originally targeting Loki

And again, those are more like icing on the cake than actual necessities.

I think we can all agree radiation is a big chance button, Oberon is tanky healy and actually radiation themed damage across the board. Radiation has been a get out of jail card mechanic for mind control/confusion on Warframes for to long, now 'Vlad' is going to take the title of actual mass control. 

Which is why Loki switch teleporting an enemy should do as you say, but more advanced. Nyx might need to have an entirely different move set with Vlad here.

The only reason Iuse Loki is max speed with range & speed Nunchucu to speed run while destroying everthing, it hits everything, all side back, front, and camera's above you without effort. Looting done right. And during Plague star max range to teleport the drone instead of walking 5minutes.

image.jpg

Invis + CC Disarm (Spy)

Save the invis for sticky situations to energy siphon while traversing with mobilize

image.jpg

Decoy + DPS Disarm (Onslaught)

Because of maxed out efficiency, both of these no forma builds can spam the listed abilities.

As much as I like the idea of sprint mods to complement his agility, I opted for more damage and it worked well in lower levels. But have to forma for growing power to see its full strength since higher Onslaught won’t budge

And yes, I need to see a versatile Loki build if anyone can suggest 

On 2018-06-24 at 7:15 PM, S.Dust said:

i see a common theme of people thinking DE will butcher loki if they touch him

The problem is just that and more. Loki sits on a niche of being able to easily cheese most of the game due to a simple mechanic. Stealth. Well you argue that Octavia does it better but Octavia can’t really cheese everything due to the nature of her kit. Loki, on the other hand, can do that. It’s not because of 1 ability but all of them combined. Loki is still one of the strongest frames in the game due to the simple fact that his kit works really well together. I’m not that much of a Loki fan but I’ve played Loki a lot. He’s considered balanced and the rest of them are just OP or fill other niches.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

image.jpg

Invis + CC Disarm (Spy)

Save the invis for sticky situations to energy siphon while traversing with mobilize

image.jpg

Decoy + DPS Disarm (Onslaught)

Because of maxed out efficiency, both of these no forma builds can spam the listed abilities.

As much as I like the idea of sprint mods to complement his agility, I opted for more damage and it worked well in lower levels. But have to forma for growing power to see its full strength since higher Onslaught won’t budge

And yes, I need to see a versatile Loki build if anyone can suggest 

it says alot about how much you actually know when you have strength on a loki

1 hour ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

The problem is just that and more. Loki sits on a niche of being able to easily cheese most of the game due to a simple mechanic. Stealth. Well you argue that Octavia does it better but Octavia can’t really cheese everything due to the nature of her kit. Loki, on the other hand, can do that. It’s not because of 1 ability but all of them combined. Loki is still one of the strongest frames in the game due to the simple fact that his kit works really well together. I’m not that much of a Loki fan but I’ve played Loki a lot. He’s considered balanced and the rest of them are just OP or fill other niches.

octavia can buff weapons that are already power full can share invis to help cheese and her one roller is like a better decoy that can pick up mallet to have scaling damage.

Edited by S.Dust

I have to agree loki could use something. When I have to choose a stealthy frame for any reason I almost always go to ash or ivara. I never play loki anymore except when I first started and loki was my first frame when he was a starter. 

I like loki he's got his way and can be fun to play too. I do agree though it wouldn't hurt to put some life back into loki.

with that said I think ivara needs some help as well. I never use her 4th at all, and spend most of the time invisible either using my guns loud to slip in and out of invisible state to manipulate the field or general stealthy killing. the sleep arrow is the only useful arrow in the 1 slot, zipline can be useful but its marginal and entirely situational since there are any number of ways to maneuver around the room usually more effectively than trying to walk on a line that you're anchored to and sometimes have a hard time mounting depending on angle at connection.

Edited by Babellon

16 hours ago, (XB1)Solargeo said:

He debuffs DAMAGE

*Gets shanked by Bombard*

16 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

Loki permanently prevents almost all enemies from doing damage to any player at range. This is far more important than dealing a little damage, and is an actual debuff. Tip: Damaging an enemy is not a debuff. It's damage. Loki outright removes something like 70% of the serious threats in high level content from the table if played right.

Im not doubting the utility of cheesing half the factions in the game, but the game is heading in one direction and Loki is still stuck in another. And he'll fall farther and farther behind when every enemy will have some resistance to disarm and Loki the supposed trickster, had only one trick up his sleeve. 

Besides that, most tactics for dealing with high level content is hiding behind crates. That nerf to melee weapons not having punch through, who did that really effect? It reveals the real issue which is frames dont have proper survival on their own and have to resort to cheese. If anything I would ask for an enemy balance pass if they ever do decide to touch upon disarm's mechanics. Because its not "if", its "when". 

14 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

Oh so you want to forgo the uniqueness of the frames for a hegemonic bland kit. Then no!

The entire modding system bro. Its supposed to turn your tank into a squishy caster and vice versa. I want to mod Loki into an offensive caster or someone who won't die when i wander into a minefield while cheesing enemy AI. 

9 hours ago, ganjou234 said:

Them stealth multipliers bro. Pretty killy to me.

You bump into someone and it resets. I'd rather build for plain old combo duration which literally any other frame can do as well. Then again theres that melee rework looming so who knows.

4 hours ago, S.Dust said:

it says alot about how much you actually know when you have strength on a loki

Well it is a waste not to add strength in Onslaught when disarm deals dmg to some units anyway, so I sacrificed stealth for a press to 4 dps playstyle. Works mostly with infested 

After I said I wanted to see a versatile Loki, I peeked at some YT vids, LifeofRio’s Loki puts my strength build to shame with about 1,300 dmg! 

But... I don’t have the mods the YTers have, so I’m sticking with what you see there... for now.

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

Here's what I think Loki needs.  

1. Decoy needs some serious love.  Either a buff or countdown timer to when it dies/deactivates. 

2. Disarm/Rad Disarm should have a stagger/stun or something to the enemies.  Kinda like how Counter Pulse or Flash Accelerant does. It doesn't have to be long.  Only a few seconds.  This would benefit the team mostly.  

Boom, a Loki that has tweaks but yet still the same playstyles.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

15 hours ago, S.Dust said:

read the section on invis in the original post i said why i dont like the fact that you have to use narrow minded for anything relaly past 21 seconds.

In all honesty, I really don't care. You said he needs a "buff" - I said he doesn't (Except his 1 maybe)

You asked how I got to the 32-second mark - there it is.

You asked how the range is - It's pretty sh***y.

I'm not making a full-on custom build just to suit your gameplay. There are ways to adapt both range and a very good amount of invisibility. Play around with the mod builds on WarFrame builder if you're so interested in finding new builds for Loki.

Loki is in a perfect spot as he is. It simply comes down to either "git gud" or "L2P".

He really has everything he needs. Massive damage output with stealth multiplier, one of the best control mechanics with his disarm and a great distraction for making mobs go where you want to through his decoy. The only thing I'm split about is actually the disarm augment. It is great in some situations but not in others. I prefer running without it since radiation can severely slow down the flow when the enemy starts fighting over who Loki likes best. A max range disarm build without the augment is just too good to pass on when you play defense, mobile defense and survival. Heck it is great everywhere.

It all really fits the theme of the frame i.e being Loki.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

*Gets shanked by Bombard*

Im not doubting the utility of cheesing half the factions in the game, but the game is heading in one direction and Loki is still stuck in another. And he'll fall farther and farther behind when every enemy will have some resistance to disarm and Loki the supposed trickster, had only one trick up his sleeve. 

Besides that, most tactics for dealing with high level content is hiding behind crates. That nerf to melee weapons not having punch through, who did that really effect? It reveals the real issue which is frames dont have proper survival on their own and have to resort to cheese. If anything I would ask for an enemy balance pass if they ever do decide to touch upon disarm's mechanics. Because its not "if", its "when". 

The entire modding system bro. Its supposed to turn your tank into a squishy caster and vice versa. I want to mod Loki into an offensive caster or someone who won't die when i wander into a minefield while cheesing enemy AI. 

You bump into someone and it resets. I'd rather build for plain old combo duration which literally any other frame can do as well. Then again theres that melee rework looming so who knows.

*has iron skin on* Hahaha your puny shakes mean nothing.

anyway I do agree they do need to to a balance pass on the enemy

14 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Redeemer, Zenistar, whips, and glaives. I dont really have to go close really and I can still spec for a hybrid crit+status combo duration build.

I think his Decoy should be invulnerable tho, the plays I could do if only it lasts longer on higher levels....