Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki buff at some point plz?!?

S.Dust

Ok so i'm gonna start by addressing the people who are gonna say Loki has his fourth ability he doesn't need to be touched and with the augment he's op, to those people i say one great ability should not equal and average kit and there are many frames in the game that make enemies more useless than Loki does especially since its a hoard game and he has to constantly cast his fourth to keep up depending on the tile set.

I should be clear i by no means think Loki is bad and I don't think he should be on the top of the list of frames who need a change I just think he's slowly going down the nyx path where he will not be great in any category anymore or be easily outdone.

Ok now on to his abilities his Decoy should be buffed in my opinion so that it, you know... doesn't just die. I know there are gonna be people who are like it has some uses and to those people i say they're all niche and if one of the uses is distracting to pick someone up id say just use your operator. This ability is useful for switch teleporting and that's about it there are multiple frames with decoys and most of them don't have their decoys 3 shot, with code name vlad being announced this stood out even more since if he stays as is vlad will have enemies taking bullets for him which is what the job of decoy should have been. If they choose not to make decoy invincible they could at least make it tankier and allow us to put multiple out.

His invisibility, i think its a good ability but it sucks that you always have to be in it to live especially since Loki is one of the best looking frames in my opinion. None of that has to do with the buff i'm suggesting. What i'm suggesting is a base duration increase on this ability for the simple reason of a maxed prime continuity and any other duration mod that isn't narrow minded only gets him to 21 seconds if you want anything past that you just end up giving up some of your range which i don't think is justifiable since 3 out of 4 abilities use range. I feel it should have worked out were regular continuity gets you to 20 seconds and primed gets you to 25 or 30 maybe. The reason for this buff is because invisibility is everywhere anyways at this point if he's gonna have it as a main ability at least make it the best. We have arcane trickery, the skiajati, and octavia (MUSIC BASED FRAME WITH STEALTH!) who with the same duration mods passes him in invisibility duration and shares the buff.

Switch teleport would be better if it was a normal teleport that acted like ashes or if you had the ability to use it either way. You almost never use this ability on an enemy and with allies most people just find it annoying and you know they do so you would never use it on them. I think it should be turned into something that allows him to open people up to finishers some how because he's a stealth frame without finishes even though base Loki is show to be doing a finisher in the shop and in his introduction video on the website. Now i know the fact that he does one in the intro video isn't a strong argument but it seems fair to allow finishers due to the fact that Loki relies solely on his weapons for damage since he has no damage abilities. To the dargyn lovers who like switch teleporting in if they were to change it to a normal teleport they could change the animation so that he pulls the pilot out and drops him and takes over this would also mean ash could do it as well which would be pretty nice. This also would not destroy the combo with his decoy since he would teleport to it, it just wouldn't move.

Radial disarm is a good ability i dont think it should be touched because from playing loki almost all the time with and without the augment (i personally prefer natural talent over irradiating disarm) ive seen that with the augment he still has to cast it when new enemies enter and even then sometimes enemies still aim for him and start charging him. Without the augment its the same argument he has to recast alot its a hoard game enemies enter in very often and in large numbers you cast in once and then their is a new set of enemies with guns again.

I said this earlier but ill say it again i know Loki is still a decent frame and i'm not saying these are like add them now buffs but it would be nice if he was eventually looked at a little for buffs. Also he sucks against anything that isn't effected by disarm so for those who haven't done the sacrifice but like Loki you can use him but i would say just take something beefier.

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I see a common theme of feedback being posted in General Discussion where it won't get read...

:clem:

TBH if people who can't figure out that feedback should go to the feedback boards tend to overlap heavily with people who try to get things that don't need changing changed, that's just fine.

Kinda like Loki's kit.

Just now, FlyingDice said:

TBH if people who can't figure out that feedback should go to the feedback boards tend to overlap heavily with people who try to get things that don't need changing changed, that's just fine.

Kinda like Loki's kit.

But it makes the forums messy and sets a precedent for others to follow without knowing any better...

Image result for tantrum gif

1 hour ago, S.Dust said:

i see a common theme of people thinking DE will butcher loki if they touch him

And i'm not sure how they can make him any worse, the Op is correct when saying he's seriously out classed.

I'm sure he wasn't always like that.*Cough* probably back when he was the only frame with invis *cough* but he really shows his age nowadays. 

Edited by (PS4)purpleskullgamin

12 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

i dont like the augment argument they're there to change up play style but not everyone lose the play style also with the game as far as lore anad quest go moving towards sentients his usefulness dies down alot.

Point is that invis is already one of the most busted abilities in the game, radial disarm is a cherry on top for him. Decoy while not great on it's own can be used in conjunction with switch teleport for some pretty high mobility. There's also a load of niche applications for switch teleport involving things like speedrunning the drone missions on the plains, stealing Dagyrns, and (hilariously) killing Hellions with their own rockets. It's also great for getting downed enemies out of the line of fire (or at least would be, if the switch was more reliable :P). You can also use his decoy in conjunction with his radial disarm and invis, forcing enemies to group up and making them easier to murder with your 4x stealth melee multiplier or some explosives. You just have to be creative with him, he has some of the best natural synergies in the game.

Edited by Mastercontrol98

He doesn't really need any change, and to consider DE likes to add unnecessary changes also when they rework a frame.

His abilities serve his purpose really well and he has synergies (I hate this word but if it can stop people asking for change).

No thanks please. If DE ever decides to "buff" him, something else will break.
Bear in mind, Loki was nearly unchanged since his introduction as the first 8 Warframes, he is that perfectly balanced of utility and survivalibility.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

All this denial. He's incredibly outdated and has zero killing potential in high level content. Ivara set the bar years ago for flexibility between various content. Loki needs to be taken behind the shed. 

TFW people who think the killing potential of a frame's abilities is what matters in high level content are trying to balance stuff.

He's got one of the best well-rounded kits for speedrunning, a solid survivability tool that facilitates weapon exploitation, low tier-1/high tier-2 CC, and can be modded to fit both stealth and IrrDis spam into a build. He had a role to play in raids, and has one in eidolon hunts. He's not the best frame in the game, nobody's arguing that. But he's good enough to carry his weight in any level of content, in any mission type, and DE deciding to rework him is a near-guarantee that the frame some of us have loved for 4+ years will be butchered for no reason.

32 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

TFW people who think the killing potential of a frame's abilities is what matters in high level content are trying to balance stuff.

He's got one of the best well-rounded kits for speedrunning, a solid survivability tool that facilitates weapon exploitation, low tier-1/high tier-2 CC, and can be modded to fit both stealth and IrrDis spam into a build. He had a role to play in raids, and has one in eidolon hunts. He's not the best frame in the game, nobody's arguing that. But he's good enough to carry his weight in any level of content, in any mission type, and DE deciding to rework him is a near-guarantee that the frame some of us have loved for 4+ years will be butchered for no reason.

All they can possibly do is buff him. They don't know how to nerf disarm or invisibility. In fact all they've done is tack it onto other frames. 

Raids are dead. 

Anything Loki could possibly do in Eidolon fights can be done much better by Trinity.

Invisibility? He can be replaced by a ****ing dog. 

He can't buff teammates in any meaningful way. I spend more time reorienting myself after a switch than anything else. 

It still stands that Ash and Ivara can not only turn themselves and others invisble, but can kill any high level unit as well. Hell even Octavia outclasses him.

You said it yourself. He's not the best frame....at anything. When your place in the game is being a placeholder till you get something better, there's an issue.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

As a player who has played mostly Loki and loves him, I'm mostly fine with him as he is right now.

My only pet peewee with him is that I spend hours fashion framing his butt only to stare at a vague transparent outline of him 90% of the time during a mission. All my work for naught. *sigh*

I wouldn't say no to more 'fun' abilities that are fresh (not necessarily powerful mind you)... for example the Decoy and Switch Teleport are the only things I'd probably touch about him; make the Decoy run around and do something else besides sitting around (conclave Decoy anyone?) and maybe outright remove Switch Teleport for something else more fun.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

All this denial. He's incredibly outdated and has zero killing potential in high level content. Ivara set the bar years ago for flexibility between various content. Loki needs to be taken behind the shed. 

A frame shouldn't be tied to it's "killing potential".

That'd make the game boring. We have different frames for different scenarios.

I was thinking his switch teleport, if used on an enemy would cause everyone to think the enemy is still Loki and target #1, Loki is given a 'buff' to appear as the enemy (no actual visual is needed, maybe a color scheme change).

This is the only change I'd like, but I definitely don't think he actually needs it.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

I was thinking his switch teleport, if used on an enemy would cause everyone to think the enemy is still Loki and target #1, Loki is given a 'buff' to appear as the enemy (no actual visual is needed, maybe a color scheme change).

This is the only change I'd like, but I definitely don't think he actually needs it.

Ok that change would be awesome.