Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is this not Archwing 2.0? and Why wouldn't it suffer the same fate?

AperoBeltaTwo

11 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

We'll probably have a race for mission roles then: whoever first to jump out of the ship, and the rest are locked inside. But i'm just guessing here. There's no way predicting how a team of actual people would behave in a rigidly scripted scenario.

RiP to the guy who gets to be the bus driver unless we can speed up the craft with upgrades. Takes me back to my spore soccer days, all lonely in my archwing while the clan was inside Jordas blowing it up... The downside of having the best archwing gear lol.

Edited by Zilchy

I sincerely hope that what we saw was merely a tier 1 mission for a Raid cos it was rather quick. I want to have to battle through an entire corpus capital ship, navigating various obstacles like defensive forcefields, sentry guns that need to be powered down or sabotaged, armoured barricades etc in order to reach a primary node that needs to be marked for the ship to target. I want a 30 minute capital ship siege and boarding effort that can't be done in the 3 minutes it took them in the demo and most of all: I want it to be fkn HARD, not just 5 minutes of cheese and done, HARD. Something that requires a team of experienced tenno to overcome rather than 1 player being able to carry the team. It's about time we had some actually difficult trials to sink our teeth into, Cetus is far too accessible and easy to complete.

Also the ship's "big gun" needs to be more dramatic. At the end of the clip when the ship was powering up to hyperspace outta there, that was the sort of buildup to firing a cannon the size of the ship I was hoping for.

Edited by Zilchy

18 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I feel that this system is more like Plains of Eidolon: it isn't the greatest update ever, but it paves the road for Venus and future expansions. Railjacked might not be the most spectacular content on release, but many players (including myself) are hopeful that it builds up to extensive space battles. Seeing that demo in person might make me biased, but I feel that many players share this view.

I don't think I could have said this better myself. This is basically what I have been saying, I am not excited for railjack just because railjack. Though don't misinterpret what I am saying, this looks amazing like Plains of Eidolons. However when I was watching there was one thing in the back of my mind that got me more hyped. This feature, is in game. It is built from the ground up and now it can be used as an asset. The possibility is now in their hands to do as they please, and I believe that we will not be disappointed in what they do. I had a few ideas that could be cool.

>Fashion ships: Maybe if they make this possible for solar rails like things, and clans can decorate and kinda ikea frame and build this amazing looking ship

>Reworks for a few bosses: No one likes Jordas Golem, I think I am safe to say everyone agrees he is the worst boss and just hates him. I know Sergeant is just a corpus and Phorid is just a bigger charger. However at least we never dreaded farming them, where for Jordas everyone despaired the grind for atlas. Imagine taking war against him in this giant ship though.

and those were only two idea, they could do a whole lot more too like infiltration or make unique decoding to unlock doors (lua lock anyone?).

3 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

I don't think I could have said this better myself. This is basically what I have been saying, I am not excited for railjack just because railjack. Though don't misinterpret what I am saying, this looks amazing like Plains of Eidolons. However when I was watching there was one thing in the back of my mind that got me more hyped. This feature, is in game. It is built from the ground up and now it can be used as an asset. The possibility is now in their hands to do as they please, and I believe that we will not be disappointed in what they do. I had a few ideas that could be cool.

>Fashion ships: Maybe if they make this possible for solar rails like things, and clans can decorate and kinda ikea frame and build this amazing looking ship

>Reworks for a few bosses: No one likes Jordas Golem, I think I am safe to say everyone agrees he is the worst boss and just hates him. I know Sergeant is just a corpus and Phorid is just a bigger charger. However at least we never dreaded farming them, where for Jordas everyone despaired the grind for atlas. Imagine taking war against him in this giant ship though.

and those were only two idea, they could do a whole lot more too like infiltration or make unique decoding to unlock doors (lua lock anyone?).

Sorry but Atlas farm is easy the mission takes about 3 minutes. Now farming trinity? That's a *@##$...

7 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

I see it being a very much something that falls on its face right after launch.  then they pick them selves up dust them selves off say ok that idea wasnt best so why dont we back it up a step or two and go down this road instead with this idea and it transforms from something kinda meh it was flashy but boring into OMG that was awsome where did this come from and where did that other ship system go from 5-6 months ago.

When did that ever happen?

51 minutes ago, Daffan said:

You know what's better then fun?

Being fun for 10x longer. 

Too bad bite-sized gameplay ideology doesn't agree with you. Can't have it.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

36 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

One can only hope that DE still remembers the railjack and expands on it in the future, it most likely would, since it's possibly our only ticket to invading the Tau system.

However, there is a chance it may be forgotten or left in the backburner for years to come, DE has shown to push back reworking old content for awhile now.

No reworked bosses as of late, no visual updates to existing base faction models to distinguish them from one another while plains and solaris gets completely new models, Archwing (although railjack is probably addressing that,) modes like infested salvage, no new expansions to relays. Lanka doesn't have a new model to distinguish it from the snipetron, the list continues on.

Edited by (XB1)calvina

4 hours ago, Eliakin said:

One thing I can say if they put in the archwing a mission that is just to hunt and kill a monster and having as a reward arcanes, I'm sure that it would not be a laid-back way, players play PoE not because it's fun, but because it's the only endgame that we have.

Yeah, I agree with this. People suffered Kuva missions for over a year (year-and-a-half?) despite those being essentially a reskin of god-awful Fissures 1.0, solely because of the kuva farm monopoly. Same could be done to Railjack. It's not gonna make up for the potential design flaws and repetitiveness, but would at least offer a light down the tunnel. Unless the reward table is diluted with a million variants of arcane healing that is; and the whole thing isn't locked behing a 24 hour timer (now I remembered why I stopped running raids). 

Spoiler
19 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I believe this update will be a very interesting way to bring back the cooperative gameplay [...]

but many players (including myself) are hopeful that it builds up to extensive space battles.

17 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I only hope that it's not forced co-op. 

17 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

I really hope that it will become this content, but im sceptical.

14 hours ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

Personally, I have faith in them and believe that it won't be a flop.

14 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

I just hope it’s not a bland scripted bounty.

12 hours ago, IntheCoconut said:

I just hope it will require coordination while remaining flexible enough as to not pigeonholing people into specific tasks/roles

11 hours ago, FireSegment said:

i really hope they iterate more on that cuz it still really bare bone right now) then it would look nothing like Jordas Verdict.

10 hours ago, iuki. said:

While I think Railjack looks very interesting, it does look like it's heavily scripted. I hope not.

8 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

I hope so.

3 hours ago, Aggh said:

Maybe they've learned their lesson and will pull it off.  I hope they do.

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

I sincerely hope that what we saw was merely a tier 1 mission for a Raid cos it was rather quick.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)calvina said:

One can only hope that DE still remembers the railjack and expands on it in the future, it most likely would, since it's possibly our only ticket to invading the Tau system.

I probably missed a few. Scanned this thread for words "hope", "faith" and "believe". Make what you may out of it.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

18 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

I cannot fathom why the OP has admitted to quitting warframe and no longer playing it, yet creates this thread to complain about a game they no longer play...

I'm looking for a reason to come back and not finding it.

...on one hand it's better that way, I suppose.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

19 hours ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

How is Venus gonna be any different from PoE? A bunch of empty space with the same 5 half-missions on it, apart from fishing and killing bulletsponges that only appear at specified time, so you have to wait for them, and can't even fight them whenever you want. 

There are few great improvements that I noticed.

From what I can tell from the Tennocon demo, they've greatly improved the bounty system and made it so you can pick another bounty anytime you want anywhere. This effectively eliminates the back-and-forth gameplay loop that is going back to city hub and heading back out to the open world. They've also expressed that they would like to apply this change to PoE as well.

Secondly, they've gotten rid of the field-exclusive resources from Venus plains. Sure, there will still be fishing, mining and capturing, but there will be no more Venus Iradites, Grokdul, Nistlepod and Maprico. The Tennocon demo and datamine expressed as much, the latter being that the bounty rewards nor the gameplay has not shown any new collectible loots, nor that the leaked datamine found any venus-exclusive field loots. In other words, Venus no longer has isolated resource system that PoE had.

If these two improvements are anything to go by, is that they are listening to the criticism they got from PoE, and is applying the lessons they've learned to Venus.

Edited by Twilight053

5 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

I'm looking for a reason to come back and not finding it.

...on one hand it's better that way, I suppose.

Well while I can sympathise with you there, unfortunately what I'm seeing is you creating a thread that's killing the excitement of players. You want them to be wary and cautiously skeptical? Maybe they don't want to be. Let them dream, let them look forward to it for months, let the hype live cos while you may think that not sugar coating things, being realistic etc is the way to go, ultimately it comes across as selfish and bitter even if that's not your intention. Want a good example; would you tell a little kid that Santa's not real?

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Well while I can sympathise with you there, unfortunately what I'm seeing is you creating a thread that's killing the excitement of players. You want them to be wary and cautiously skeptical? Maybe they don't want to be. Let them dream, let them look forward to it for months, let the hype live cos while you may think that not sugar coating things, being realistic etc is the way to go, ultimately it comes across as selfish and bitter even if that's not your intention. Want a good example; would you tell a little kid that Santa's not real?

I believed in Santa till I was ten years old, like a complete moron.

The rest of your post falls under the same allegory. There's nothing good in blind faith. It makes you stupid; and hits you so much harder when it's betrayed.

Just now, AperoBeltaTwo said:

I believed in Santa till I was ten years old, like a complete moron.

The rest of your post falls under the same allegory. There's nothing good in blind faith. It makes you stupid; and hits you so much harder when it's betrayed.

Ever heard the saying "ignorance is bliss"?

Mate you want to continue to think you're doing the right thing by telling the hard truths etc go ahead but we all think you're being a selfish, bitter you know what. That's how you come across, I wouldn't want to sugar coat it for you.

4 minutes ago, Twilight053 said:

There are few great improvements that I noticed.

From what I can tell from the Tennocon demo, they've greatly improved the bounty system and made it so you can pick another bounty anytime you want anywhere. This effectively eliminates the back-and-forth gameplay loop that is going back to city hub and heading back out to the open world.

Secondly, they've gotten rid of the field-exclusive resources from Venus plains. Sure, there will still be fishing, mining and capturing, but there will be no more Venus Iradites, Grokdul, Nistlepod and Maprico. The Tennocon demo and datamine expressed as much, the latter being that the bounty rewards nor the gameplay has not shown any new collectible loots, nor that the leaked datamine found any venus-exclusive field loots.

We'll see about that. I really doubt it. One positive thing I noticed was secondary Zaw parts being in the reward table of the missions. But it was so obviously scripted in response to the last time when they showed ammo drum back during PoE reveal.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

I always thought this phrase had a mocking subtext.

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Mate you want to continue to think you're doing the right thing by telling the hard truths etc go ahead but we all think you're being a selfish, bitter you know what. That's how you come across, I wouldn't want to sugar coat it for you.

I am selfish and I am bitter. I won't deny that. But this is the kind of topic worth discussing, I think. I'm not here just to disillusion people. I'm a grain of salt. That's all I am in this context. Whether you need it or not is up to you.

6 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

We'll see about that. I really doubt it. One positive thing I noticed was secondary Zaw parts being in the reward table of the missions. But it was so obviously scripted in response to the last time when they showed ammo drum back during PoE reveal.

Does that not mean that they have learned their lessons? There are no collectible loots both on bounty reward, gameplay and datamine.

In other words, Venus does not have an isolated resource system, which was one of the two biggest criticism they got from PoE. That alone, along with the bounty improvement, shows that they're listening to the criticism they got from PoE. They're applying the lessons they've learned to Venus. That's why I'm looking forward to open world 2.0.

Edited by Twilight053

6 minutes ago, Twilight053 said:

Does that not mean that they have learned their lessons? There are no collectible loots both on bounty reward, gameplay and datamine.

In other words, Venus does not have an isolated resource system, which was one of the two biggest criticism they got from PoE. That shows that they're listening to the criticism they got from PoE, and is applying the lessons they've learned to Venus, so I'm looking forward to this open world 2.0.

I haven't seen enough of the update to say that for sure. Actually, hunting kind of suggests new resources. "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice..."

...oh wait, they're not killing the animals. Ok.

EDIT: There wasn't an open world 1.0 in Warframe. PoE is just a huge tile. I refuse to count that as an open world by any stretch of imagination.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

20 hours ago, Corvid said:

Because apparently just being fun isn't enough anymore.

Being fun doesnt mean anything and never meant anything if its now an abadoned ghost town. Most starchart maps were fun but now they are empty for a reason, fun was not enough.

38 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Does it matter if hes an old bitter saltmine if he has legit points?

Nothing of what we showed says that this wouldnt turn into an abadoned content after a few month (or in weeks).

Nothing says that it wont be an isolated economy where you are forced to go if you want to progress.

The best is to prepare that everything stays the same because hoping for change can blind you.

21 hours ago, Corvid said:

Except Railjack is actually building off the base gameplay. And while Archwing used to be removed from said gameplay, the devs have been taking steps to integrate it. Railjack is one of them.

Subjective by it's nature, but I'm pretty sure being able to walk around inside a capital ship, jump out of the airlock and fly to another one to take out it's core from within is going to fulfill that notion for many players. Not everything has to be tied to a reward loop.

Sad that some people think gameplay is only fun if they get cool rewards for it. :thinking: